HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='McNutsack']Just ordered 1 from insight for $170 after tax for the 32gb. I used my debit card, so If they put a hold on the funds but end up canceling it after a week or so, ill be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Why would you use a debit card for online purchases? If something goes wrong, you'll be out of real money (as opposed to credit cards) until everything gets sorted out with the bank.

Finally got my Insight order to complete; I had a 'compare' page up for the last several hours with all of their tablets listed, so I would see which had the most stock when the drops hit. Kept getting errors at checkout, but opening the final 'submit order' button in a new tab seemed to fix it (or just good timing!).

Hopefully either this one or the HP order goes through for me, but not both. Otherwise I have to figure out who gets an early Christmas present.

HP sent me an order confirmation e-mail, then a second one talking about how they knew about the tons of TouchPad orders but assuring me I got one. Now to see if OnSale ever ships.

OMG!!! I just got a shipping notice from Kmart w/tracking number! They're showing the original price, but my card hasn't been charged yet. Stay tuned.

[quote name='cancerman1120']No! This is Sparta!!![/QUOTE]

NO this is sparta

Sparta.gif

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Why would you use a debit card for online purchases? If something goes wrong, you'll be out of real money (as opposed to credit cards) until everything gets sorted out with the bank.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid my $500 CC might get overdrawn, since It wouldve been the 3rd order I placed for a $150-180 32gb Touchpad, if my zones and HP one go through.
You're right,though, however everytime I have had to dispute with Chase, they issue my cash back in 5 minutes after a quick phone call, no questions asked either.

Well even though Best Buy clearly said my credit card wasn't charged for the in-store pick up.. It was.. Onsale also took thier money. So why are they sitting on all this money.. To create interest on non real sales... We'll all get refunds after they have made interest in 10 days... off the 10,000,000 in fake sales.. it's discusting.. (oh best buys email says 8 days)

[quote name='cancerman1120']No! This is Sparta!!![/QUOTE]

:lol: I just won $5 off my buddy. I told him someone would either reply with that or post a pic of Leonidas. Thanks :lol:

[quote name='cadeSILVER']HP sent me an order confirmation e-mail, then a second one talking about how they knew about the tons of TouchPad orders but assuring me I got one. Now to see if OnSale ever ships.[/QUOTE]

I got the same emails, but from Bryna's tweets, I'm not yet assured I have one.

[quote name='Ed_']:lol: I just won $5 off my buddy. I told him someone would either reply with that or post a pic of Leonidas. Thanks :lol:[/QUOTE]

My fee is normally 20% but I will take a HP Touchpad as payment:cool:

[quote name='kklems']Anyone vouch for zones? reseller rating is mixed[/QUOTE]

Zones is fine. I use them to buy items all of the time. I also just ordered and got confirmation for my 32gb touchpad from them today. They primarily deal with small to medium businesses.

If onsale sends me one i will hibernate like a bear i dont really need one but i really want one

already have a google cr 48 and a desktop but a tablet would rock

I had 2nd thoughts about my onsite order, so I called them to cancel around 12. The rep told me that they would be canceling a lot of orders.

About an hour ago, I got the cancellation email from amazon. The order is now gone on my amazon page. waiting for my preauthorized charge to disappear.

Still have 2 pending costcentral.com orders tho.

Has anyone looked at the zones.com one? When i click the link they come up and appear in my inbox just fine saying they have stock but when i actually try to use the site on it's own to search nothing comes up....plus it's called the hp touchpad dc snapdragon and in the summary for the 32 gb it states that it has 16gb of space lol idk if i trust this place.....

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Strange. My OnSale is still Shipping Soon, and is still charged. Hrm. Don't know if I should feel better or not..[/QUOTE]

So is mine

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Strange. My OnSale is still Shipping Soon, and is still charged. Hrm. Don't know if I should feel better or not..[/QUOTE]

That is just Amazon doing their job as the middle man for OnSale.

[quote name='DeathDream']That is just Amazon doing their job as the middle man for OnSale.[/QUOTE]

I only meant it was odd that only one of all of us got any new OnSale information. :L

[quote name='CXK']Does anyone know if Walmart stores were selling them at that price?[/QUOTE]
Yes they were. I'd highly doubt you'll find any at WM now though.

reply back from onSale after i placed my order yesterday (thanks op btw :) )

Thank you for your inquiry about the status of your HP Touchpad order.

When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites, and the websites of all major retailers,

We were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad.

We are now in the process of sorting thru the orders and confirming which ones we can fulfill.

Rest assured that we are filling valid orders on a first-come, first-served basis as long as we have inventory.

At this time, we do not know if there will be sufficient inventory to fulfill your order.

We hope to be able to get back to you on the status of your order in the next 24 hours if not sooner.

If you would like to cancel your order, please do so.

Our team at OnSale is dedicated in providing you an outstanding shopping experience.

If you have further inquiries, please email us back.

Rusell Dizon
Customer Service
OnSale

got an email from hp saying they got my order and ill get a confirm in 24-72 hours. and something bout fixing pricing. i paid like 130 for the 16gb. i thought it was supposed to have free shipping...am i wrong on this? also tax was like 8-10 for SC

[quote name='Os Money']reply back from onSale after i placed my order yesterday (thanks op btw :) )

Thank you for your inquiry about the status of your HP Touchpad order.

When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites, and the websites of all major retailers,

We were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad.

We are now in the process of sorting thru the orders and confirming which ones we can fulfill.

Rest assured that we are filling valid orders on a first-come, first-served basis as long as we have inventory.

At this time, we do not know if there will be sufficient inventory to fulfill your order.

We hope to be able to get back to you on the status of your order in the next 24 hours if not sooner.

If you would like to cancel your order, please do so.

Our team at OnSale is dedicated in providing you an outstanding shopping experience.

If you have further inquiries, please email us back.

Rusell Dizon
Customer Service
OnSale

got an email from hp saying they got my order and ill get a confirm in 24-72 hours. and something bout fixing pricing. i paid like 130 for the 16gb. i thought it was supposed to have free shipping...am i wrong on this? also tax was like 8-10 for SC[/QUOTE]

Other CAGs have posted the same email before. They are just sending a generic email to the people who ask about their order.

[quote name='CXK']Does anyone know if Walmart stores were selling them at that price?[/QUOTE]
yes, mine only had 2 and display, they wouldnt hold and were gone by the time I got there. They wouldnt sell me display.

i placed mine almost immediately after i saw the op about it. before i believe the 1st or 2nd restock. i think i got it in before they kept re-updating it. hopefully itll work out

they are gonna audit their orders. see that they way oversold and so begins the painful wait to see if you got it or get the generic cancelation email. then you will want to rush to destroy them in the seller rating. cant happen until you get your refund so you will be even more pissed.

Looks like my debit holds are gone from onSale. The drama llama is still trotting!

All, I may have ordered too many 32 gb. I may have two that I can put up for sale when they arrive later this week at cost + shipping+ (paypal fees if paid with a cc). One from Zones and the other from CDW. PM if you would like to be considered. I will know by tomorrow as my inside contact at a VAR may be able to get me two 16gb instead.

My Best Buy online order has SHIPPED! I also have one still waiting for me at my local BB for in store pick up!

No progress on my Office Depot order, though...

is neone elses bestbuy.com order still in processing i ordered it at like 7am sunday? and my cc hasnt been billd for either bestbuy or onsale :(

They dont trust zones because they havent heard of it. Zones and insight have bad resellerratings i think. But so does Dell. So does Alienware. This means nothing. Zones is still processing my order from 11am this morning, but im not holding my breath. But guys, stop asking about Zones; youre half a day late to the party. You aint getting one from there. Fact. Wait for HP.

[quote name='Malice']My Best Buy online order has SHIPPED! I also have one still waiting for me at my local BB for in store pick up!

No progress on my Office Depot order, though...[/QUOTE]

you may have to write that pick-up at BB as a no go

Anyways,
my shift is over for me and my monitoring at SD and CAG is done for the day

i will have to punch out and come back tomorrow morning to work again :)

God this was exhausting for me in the weekend..

bread's done
Back