HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it HP isn't guaranteeing Academic Orders will ship...ERRR If your order says in processing you may or may not get it now. Kind of shady to tell people otherwise over the weekend. It's also BS people that ordered on Saturday got their orders filled faster then those on Friday...LAME I say!

Read my post above... everyone get it from Insight.com.. they just lowered their price... they were full price until very recently, been watching like a hawk!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']INSIGHT.COM has them in stock now with correct price now, just got one, GO GO GO GO !!!!

300 or so of the 16GB and 5000 or so of 32GB.... reputable company![/QUOTE]

Can't find? link?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn right. If I can't even get ONE shipped to me within a reasonable amount of time, there's no way in hell I'm gonna let some (fellow) profiteer try and make $225 on one.;)

Maybe I'll just check fleabay n try and snag one of the likely thousands of auctions that ends at 1-2am and try and snipe one for 50% off the $99 price.;)[/QUOTE]

That cheap? Ebay is flooded with touchpads and almost each one is going at $175+ for the 16GB.

[quote name='Sk']Damn it HP isn't guaranteeing Academic Orders will ship...ERRR If your order says in processing you may or may not get it now. Kind of shady to tell people otherwise over the weekend. It's also BS people that ordered on Saturday got their orders filled faster then those on Friday...LAME I say![/QUOTE]

link please

[quote name='xycury']My HP order from Friday around 7pm still is processing, will get tracking once shipped.

Aug 19, 2011 $89.66 HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB Item being processed Tracking provided upon shipment.

I think people getting it from other vendors (amazon) will probably get it sooner than I will. :S[/QUOTE]
Ya i ordered around the sametime as you, I wouldnt expect it to get it till mid next week

[quote name='cochesecochese']Office Max says backordered.
BestBuy says processing.
OnSale says shipping soon.

This sucks.[/QUOTE]

Walmart - bought
BestBuy - delivery tommarow
onsale - delivery wednesday

This is awesome.

[quote name='mj1984']I keep getting an error at the final checkout on the insight website.[/QUOTE]

I had no issue... maybe they are being hammered now after I placed my order and let the cat out of the bag.

[quote name='jle7385']Walmart - bought
BestBuy - delivery tommarow
onsale - delivery wednesday

This is awesome.[/QUOTE]

you got tracking for onsale?

Those insight links are useless. Me and thousands of others already saw the lower price a couple hours ago. Trust me when i say this; if they had any in stock, theyre GONE. Thousands of people on slickdeals saw it a while ago. If youre still trying your luck, be warned, they charge your debit and cc right when you place the order. I know youre trying to be helpful with the links, but youre just super, super late with it. No idea why it still says they have more in stock. They def really dont.

[quote name='Techman16']Ya i ordered around the sametime as you, I wouldnt expect it to get it till mid next week[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured, HP is SLOW... Dell is faster.

I think their shipment was end of this week and first part of Sept to get it... :|

Well, even though I couldn't find it, that link seemed to bring it up.. I ordered it, and I expect it will be cancelled.

Shipping a bit pricier than other places, but oh well. I get taxed in IL as well, which sucks, but, well, another chance at one of these, I guess.

*update* - And just to add.. after purchasing, went back to the link.. still 304, available, same as before. I highly doubt this is working. Oh well, gave it a shot.

[quote name='confoosious']link please[/QUOTE]

I just chatted with them on HP.com, I'll post a transcript if you'd like. That such BS other people ordered on saturday and their sh!t is getting sent out. Lame!
08/22/2011 07:47:32PM Agent (Jessica C.): "Thank you for contacting HP Home & Home Office Store.This is Jessica, and I am your HP Chat Representative."
08/22/2011 07:47:39PM Agent (Jessica C.): "Hi, Steve. I hope you are doing fine today."
08/22/2011 07:47:47PM Steve: "I'm doing fine."
08/22/2011 07:48:04PM Steve: "I'd like to know if my order is on backorder"
08/22/2011 07:48:09PM Steve: "my number is xxxxx"
08/22/2011 07:48:20PM Agent (Jessica C.): "In order to ensure that I am looking at the correct record, would you please provide me with your email address that is reflected on your HP account?"
08/22/2011 07:48:31PM Steve: "[email protected]"
08/22/2011 07:49:24PM Agent (Jessica C.): "Thank you, I am pulling up your record on file."
08/22/2011 07:49:31PM Steve: "cool"
08/22/2011 07:51:04PM Agent (Jessica C.): "Steve, I'd like to advise you that due to massive order volumes for HP TouchPad at the clearance price, our warehouse is currently managing through the order fulfillment process and will be working as quickly as possible to get them out and into the FedEx"
system for delivery. We do expect a delay in shipping however and we may not get all orders placed for the TouchPad out until the middle of the week.
08/22/2011 07:51:47PM Steve: "Thats fine, so was my order canceled or on backorder? Or will I most likely get it sent this week?"
08/22/2011 07:52:45PM Agent (Jessica C.): "Steve, I can not give you any assurance since there is no tracking number yet on the order. Please wait for order updates on your email."
08/22/2011 07:52:58PM Steve: "Okay thanks."
08/22/2011 07:53:05PM Session Ended

[quote name='McNutsack']Those insight links are useless. Me and thousands of others already saw the lower price a couple hours ago. Trust me when i say this; if they had any in stock, theyre GONE. Thousands of people on slickdeals saw it a while ago. If youre still trying your luck, be warned, they charge your debit and cc right when you place the order. I know youre trying to be helpful with the links, but youre just super, super late with it. No idea why it still says they have more in stock. They def really dont.[/QUOTE]

What?? That sucks!!!!!! NO! I've been watching like a hawk... IT JUST changed to the lower price and the stock inventory at the HIGH price was steadily decreasing all day so it must be accurate.

EDIT: AND THE STOCK COUNT IS STILL GOING DOWN AS WE SPEAK... SO YOURE FULL OF SHIT!

Thanks for the Insight link. I ordered a 16gb for $120 shipped. Hope it goes through because I'm sure my Onsale will be cancelled tomorrow....

Yeah, I just tried the insight as well. My order for PC Connection shows as cancelled on their website, too.

Edit: According to Insight the order is successful. We'll see...

Damn, hope that order will be delivered for me is now all but lost, after feeling confident earlier today.

Hope to wake up to some good news tomorrow :(

Those of us who got the "unable to process order" message from HP SMB, is it safe to assume they cancelled the order and will refund our money? I don't even want their touchpads, cost way too much with the shipping and tax and everything and I have the onSale pads coming.

Do I still have to call HP and be put on hold for like 2 hours just to confirm that my money will be refunded or is it safe to say it'll happen on its own?

[quote name='PublikDefender']insight.com shipping is insane ranging from $40 to $60 !!!! no thanks, insight!!!![/QUOTE]

I got $12 shipping from Insight on the $99 one.

Hp needs to not have so many freaking stores. I'm thinking most people on the academic store got f-ed over hard. I'm betting proity was given to HP's small biz store. If you read the terms of the academic store they can cancel your order at any time and for any reason. Thats super lame since I know for a fact I jumped on this special well before others did.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']What?? That sucks!!!!!! NO! I've been watching like a hawk... IT JUST changed to the lower price and the stock inventory at the HIGH price was steadily decreasing all day so it must be accurate.

EDIT: AND THE STOCK COUNT IS STILL GOING DOWN AS WE SPEAK... SO YOURE FULL OF SHIT![/QUOTE]

I hope youre right, for both our sakes. I ordered the 32gb one hours ago, it said 480 in stock. Im sure it was hammered to the ground hours ago, too.
Believe me when I say thousands of orders were processed a long, long time ago. If they really do have 5,000 more in stock suddenly (which, lets face it, makes no sense), those 5,000 were sold out longgg ago when it hit slickdeals.
Ill update you if my order status changes, right now it says:

Order Status: Processing Payment Type: Credit Card Credit Status: Contact Sales Rep (1)

Guys, I had to give you the bad news but they have been reporting about 307 in stock for a while and slick deals hit insight about an hour and a half ago. There ain't no way they still have any.

This thread has de-evolved into something far too embarassing for CAG. Let's shut it down. All the talk of hacked carts, hoarding, using shady third party sellers and overall rabid nonsense and disregard for normal CAG behaviors has gone on for long enough. If you get one, great, if not, look elsewhere for hardware help. Thanks.

Picked up a 32GB on Insight for $170 shipped. There are more 32GB than 16GB in stock so if you want a better chance of getting one go with the 32GB.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This thread has de-evolved into something far too embarassing for CAG. Let's shut it down. All the talk of hacked carts, hoarding, using shady third party sellers and overall rabid nonsense and disregard for normal CAG behaviors has gone on for long enough. If you get one, great, if not, look elsewhere for hardware help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

thanks, CheapyD! glad you're monitoring this thread.

[quote name='McNutsack']I hope youre right, for both our sakes. I ordered the 32gb one hours ago, it said 480 in stock. Im sure it was hammered to the ground hours ago, too.
Ill update you if my order status changes, right now it says:

Order Status: Processing Payment Type: Credit Card Credit Status: Contact Sales Rep (1)[/QUOTE]
Well I gave it a shot as well. My GF was upset that I couldn't find her one today. Had to try... but I did use my AMEX just in case.

Edit: thanks to Electrodragon for the links :)

So true...the last few times I've checked in on this thread I've heard talk of so many websites/sellers that, under normal CAG conditions, would immediately be laughed at, reseller-ratings-researched, laughed at again, then immediately called for banishment of the thread for the mere mention of such a site.

WOW Insight IMMEDIATELY charged my account. I ordered a minute ago and it's already out of my checking account!

Hopefully, I get mine!

I could have bought two or three, but since I left work and monitored this thread after work while watching monday night football... I hope all of you get yours!

SPECIAL THANKS FOR THE GUY WHO POSTED THE LINKS. IF I GET MINE PM ME AND I GOT SOME VIDEO GAME CREDIT FOR YOU :D

[quote name='glennfrank']Well I gave it a shot as well. My GF was upset that I couldn't find her one today. Had to try... but I did use my AMEX just in case.

Edit: thanks to Electrodragon for the links :)[/QUOTE]

Still always worth a shot, just be warned that your money may be held up in limbo for a week or so, and your order cancelled.

I wonder how many of us are here for our GF's. Id say a good 1/3.
If I scored my GF one for school, she'd never stop giving me poon.

[quote name='mj1984']I keep getting an error at the final checkout on the insight website.[/QUOTE]

That makes two of us. I keep getting an error while trying to create an account. :(

Insight 16GB stock has been stuck at 304 for at least 5 minutes now. I put in an order for one just shooting in the dark at this point, but if those numbers are either not moving in real time or BS I'll add them to my online failure list.

yeah you know something is wrong when the stock doesn't go down from 304 units and there are thousands of people ordering. insight and i just weren't meant to be. not only that, but i searched slickdeals just now and people there have been ordering from insight all day

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']found another site. order 2 32gb and 1 16gb!! site says 3000 16gb in stock!!
http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/2eah76e[/QUOTE]

Legit. Confirmed.

[quote name='Sk']Hp needs to not have so many freaking stores. I'm thinking most people on the academic store got f-ed over hard. I'm betting proity was given to HP's small biz store. If you read the terms of the academic store they can cancel your order at any time and for any reason. Thats super lame since I know for a fact I jumped on this special well before others did.[/QUOTE]

You have any proof to back that up? I'm asking because I used the academic store to order my 32GB.

bread's done
Back