HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']What in the world are you reading from that chat that indicates HPA orders are getting the shaft? Panic much? Sheesh. You get others worked up for no reason.[/QUOTE]

"(Jessica C.): "Steve, I can not give you any assurance since there is no tracking number yet on the order. Please wait for order updates on your email."
Basically when she wrote this...HP hasn't emailed me once. "

The only confirmation email I got was after I spoke with them on sunday. Sunday night rolls around and Small Biz orders are getting sent out from saturday. I ordered on Friday...Kind of shady. Also on sunday I was guaranteed a unit on the phone and was told my order was ready to ship today (the exact wording was my order was charged, confirmed, verified, and authorized for shipping i.e beyond the processing phase). Come today I got no updates so I chatted with the HP rep. Now there isn't any sort of guarantee and my order may or may not ship. Kind of shady it seems to me.

[quote name='Sk']"(Jessica C.): "Steve, I can not give you any assurance since there is no tracking number yet on the order. Please wait for order updates on your email."
Basically when she wrote this...HP hasn't emailed me once. "

The only confirmation email I got was after I spoke with them on sunday. Sunday night rolls around and Small Biz orders are getting sent out from saturday. I ordered on Friday...Kind of shady. Also on sunday I was guaranteed a unit on the phone and was told my order was ready to ship today (the exact wording was my order was charged, confirmed, verified, and authorized for shipping i.e beyond the processing phase). Come today I got no updates so I chatted with the HP rep. Now there isn't any sort of guarantee and my order may or may not ship. Kind of shady it seems to me.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect her to say? But not saying you get assurance is 100x different than saying HPA orders are getting the shaft and will get cancelled.

Well I've decided to just say fu** it.. if for some reason HP SMB decides to ship the 32gb one I don't want (which came up to roughly about 175$ with all the taxes and shipping) I'll have an extra and I'll just sell it to one of you guys for cost + shipping. Screw it.. what's the worse that could happen, I break even?

[quote name='confoosious']What do you expect her to say? But not saying you get assurance is 100x different than saying HPA orders are getting the shaft and will get cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Well we are getting the shaft. Why would people that ordered later being getting confirmation emails and shipping info well before people who ordered days earlier. The only people that have thus far got their orders shipped have been small biz store orders. Thats really freaking lame. Also, I know a good deal of HPA orders haven't even got their confirmation emails. Small business orders got those within the hour or next day of their order. My best guess is that their going to fill this orders first since they paid for the shipping which means getting slightly more income on each unit sold.

[quote name='IronZombie']Well I've decided to just say fu** it.. if for some reason HP SMB decides to ship the 32gb one I don't want (which came up to roughly about 175$ with all the taxes and shipping) I'll have an extra and I'll just sell it to one of you guys for cost + shipping. Screw it.. what's the worse that could happen, I break even?[/QUOTE]
nice ill take you up on that offer if you do :D

ive been trying this thing for couple of hrs now. And I must say, its no ipad. Maybe its just me used to ios devices for quite somrtime everything I feel is inferior to ipad.

its a bit heavy to hold it with one hand, loading programs, music and photo, everything has a lag,slow and unresponsive. Just a pain to just to load photos,music and video in this thing. Maybe its just me ripping off the usb cable without ejecting it from the my pc Os. I have still yet my photos and music on this thing.

the thing is a finger print magnet. Front to back . Everywhere you cant avoid. I would never ever ipad at their entry level model of 500 boners and never at this things msrp of 400 for 16gb. I mean the gap between this and the ipad is so big- no wonder ho is getting out of tablet business. Keep your expectations really really really really low. This thing sucks. Even at 100 bucks

[quote name='Sk']Well we are getting the shaft. Why would people that ordered later being getting confirmation emails and shipping info well before people who ordered days earlier. The only people that have thus far got their orders shipped have been small biz store orders. Thats really freaking lame. Also, I know a good deal of HPA orders haven't even got their confirmation emails. Small business orders got those within the hour or next day of their order. My best guess is that their going to fill this orders first since they paid for the shipping which means getting slightly more income on each unit sold.[/QUOTE]

They have different inventories and different ordering processing people. The HP guy said as much. Relax already. From your first post, I thought perhaps they announced something. Instead, it was just you being paranoid and panicking.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']
its a bit heavy to hold it with one hand, loading programs, music and photo, everything has a lag,slow and unresponsive. Just a pain to just to load photos,music and video in this thing. Maybe its just me ripping off the usb cable without ejecting it from the my pc Os. I have still yet my photos and music on this thing.
[/QUOTE]

Has it been updated to 3.02?

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2/common/article/18666_en.html

[quote name='KrazyKris89']nice ill take you up on that offer if you do :D[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it'll even ship to me because when I checked the order yesterday it said "unable to process order" however I'm more than sure my CC was charged for it.. I'm guessing it'll be a week or so before I get full confirmation on what they're gonna do (unless I wanna sit on the phone for 2 hours with a rep).. If it does ship I'll send you a PM or something but don't get your hopes up on my account lol who knows what the hell HP is doing right now. :whistle2:k

My status.

Ordered from HP SMB- sat got confirmation today.
Ordered from Onsale- shows will ship today.
Ordered from B&N- got confirmation email then cancellation email.

so hopefully one will ship and get here. fingers crossed.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']ive been trying this thing for couple of hrs now. And I must say, its no ipad. Maybe its just me used to ios devices for quite somrtime everything I feel is inferior to ipad.

the thing is a finger print magnet. Front to back . Everywhere you cant avoid. I would never ever ipad at their entry level model of 500 boners and never at this things msrp of 400 for 16gb. I mean the gap between this and the ipad is so big- no wonder ho is getting out of tablet business. Keep your expectations really really really really low. This thing sucks. Even at 100 bucks[/QUOTE]

Your first post on this thread and it's to bitch about it? Dude it weighs .27 pounds more than the Ipad2...that is a quarter pound hamburger...if you cannot hold 1.6 pounds in one hand then I feel for you. Take your apple Fanboy love somewhere else.

Edit: I see you have posted about earlier...still stupid to rip it like you are.

[quote name='IronZombie']I highly doubt it'll even ship to me because when I checked the order yesterday it said "unable to process order" however I'm more than sure my CC was charged for it.. I'm guessing it'll be a week or so before I get full confirmation on what they're gonna do (unless I wanna sit on the phone for 2 hours with a rep).. If it does ship I'll send you a PM or something but don't get your hopes up on my account lol who knows what the hell HP is doing right now. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

lol i know its gettin crazy on the slickdeals boards and got cancellation on the barnes and nobles deal even though they charged my cc as well

I like the touchpad. I also like the os. Will be happier when android is ported, just because of the sheer amount of apps. But what's up with people saying this thing is heavy? Seriously? Have we reached "Buy N Large" wall-e proportions already? I mean maybe I just have big strong hands...

[quote name='cancerman1120']Your first post on this thread and it's to bitch about it? Dude it weighs .27 pounds more than the Ipad2...that is a quarter pound hamburger...if you cannot hold 1.6 pounds in one hand then I feel for you. Take your apple Fanboy love somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

*starts slow clap*

Totally a fanboy response since it actually weighs LESS!

Ordered from HP:SMB site yesterday @ 6pm (must be Eastern because it was much earlier in NM). Got confirmation page w/ order number. Today I got the same "Please be patient, your order was captured and we are processing as quick as possible" email. Then the status on the HP Order Status Search page (that has since disappeared) showed my status had shifted from "Processing and that a rep might be contacting me" to "Your order is approved and being sent to order management." Seems like a good sign...no?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']wtf ? really? alright ill give it a shot.

btw, i noticed the thing only was able to type in english, spanish, french and german. which also a bummer. anyway, i wont really judge it now and will give it a coupple of more days.[/QUOTE]

Can't you type in any language? :D

btw, i noticed the thing only was able to type in english, spanish, french and german. which also a bummer. anyway, i wont really judge it now and will give it a coupple of more days.[/QUOTE]

what? no klingon? what a pos.

Can someone catch me up and tell me the best place to get this thing? 16gb version as i'll just stick this in the bathroom so i can browse the web while i shit...dont judge me.

[quote name='Ltor']Can someone catch me up and tell me the best place to get this thing? 16gb version as i'll just stick this in the bathroom so i can browse the web while i shit...dont judge me.[/QUOTE]
right now nowhere maybe in the morning or at midnight

[quote name='heyheyhey11']ive been trying this thing for couple of hrs now. And I must say, its no ipad. Maybe its just me used to ios devices for quite somrtime everything I feel is inferior to ipad.

the thing is a finger print magnet. Front to back . Everywhere you cant avoid. I would never ever ipad at their entry level model of 500 boners and never at this things msrp of 400 for 16gb. I mean the gap between this and the ipad is so big- no wonder ho is getting out of tablet business. Keep your expectations really really really really low. This thing sucks. Even at 100 bucks[/QUOTE]
Well to be fair you probably haven't updated it and deactivated some of the programs HP has running on it in the background that are unnecessary. You can also overclock the thing and make it a lot faster than the iPad can even hope to be.

The weight to me isn't a big issue. The iPad is not much lighter than this thing and they are exactly the same size.

Fingerprint magnets are annoying to me too, but for 10-15$ you can get a really nice case for the thing. That's what I plan on doing. It not only protects it but it keeps any of the backside's fingerprints from showing up. Just make sure to wipe down the screen with a fiber cloth every once in a while and you'll be fine.

Also, the thing runs flash, unlike iPad, it has a smoother internet interface and loads full pages unlike the iPad, and also unlike the iPad, it's getting the Android software sooner or later and will be open its doors to the Droid marketplace, which in my opinion is a step up from the iPad.

Oh and best of all? The 16gb iPad costs 400$ more than this thing and the 32gb model costs 450$ more. The iPad does seem like a great device but for 99-149$ this thing wins HANDS DOWN. Hate on it all you want but you know what they say.. don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Be glad for what you have and what you paid for it.

[quote name='Ltor']Can someone catch me up and tell me the best place to get this thing? [/QUOTE]Your dreams.;)

HP.com is supposedly getting more this week. Other than ebay and CL, you're SOL.

I had a bad feeling about onsale. Tired of having my money tied up in a product which I may or may not even receive, and who knows when that will be if it even happens. I'm really hoping they step their shit up within the next day or two becsuse this is frustrating.

Did you update it to the newest version? I heard that took care of the lag and slowness.

I am just going to say that I do not think this tablet it the best thing on the planet but people should just do us a favor and not post stuff talking shit about it. Its a $100 tablet that was $500 7 weeks ago. It reviewed decent at $500 and would have been called the greatest value in the world if HP released it at $100. I own an iphone and like what Apple does but only the snobbiest of people are going to complain about what this thing bring to the table.

Edit: Questions about how to use/improve it are not complaining though...that is encouraged if you are having issues.

[quote name='Vader582']Your dreams.;)

HP.com is supposedly getting more this week. Other than ebay and CL, you're SOL.[/QUOTE]

dam...Guess ill have to keep shitting and squinting at my iphone. First world problems are rough.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am just going to say that I do not think this tablet it the best thing on the planet but people should just do us a favor and not post stuff talking shit about it. Its a $100 tablet that was $500 7 weeks ago. It reviewed decent at $500 and would have been called the greatest value in the world if HP released it at $100. I own an iphone and like what Apple does but only the snobbiest of people are going to complain about what this thing bring to the table.[/QUOTE]

Please pass the Grey Poupon.

Hope one of my orders make it through so I can give it to the kids and get my ipad back :)

For those wondering, I read on onSale's FB page that they supposedly had something like 10,000 devices in their warehouse and maybe more who knows but for those of us that ordered minutes after the sale first went live we stand a pretty good chance of getting them.

And just checked my order it still says "shipping soon" with an estimated delivery date of aug. 25-30. I think that's a pretty good sign that it'll come.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am just going to say that I do not think this tablet it the best thing on the planet but people should just do us a favor and not post stuff talking shit about it. Its a $100 tablet that was $500 7 weeks ago. It reviewed decent at $500 and would have been called the greatest value in the world if HP released it at $100. I own an iphone and like what Apple does but only the snobbiest of people are going to complain about what this thing bring to the table.

Edit: Questions about how to use/improve it are not complaining though...that is encouraged if you are having issues.[/QUOTE]
Technically, it was $500 three days ago.

[quote name='IronZombie']For those wondering, I read on onSale's FB page that they supposedly had something like 10,000 devices in their warehouse and maybe more who knows but for those of us that ordered minutes after the sale first went live we stand a pretty good chance of getting them.

And just checked my order it still says "shipping soon" with an estimated delivery date of aug. 25-30. I think that's a pretty good sign that it'll come.[/QUOTE]
lol i hope u are right sir im in the same boat

[quote name='Ltor']Can someone catch me up and tell me the best place to get this thing? 16gb version as i'll just stick this in the bathroom so i can browse the web while i shit...dont judge me.[/QUOTE]

stay up 24 hrs of the day and hit f5 on slickdeals every minute

Just pay $500 and buy an Ipad

[quote name='IronZombie']Well to be fair you probably haven't updated it and deactivated some of the programs HP has running on it in the background that are unnecessary. You can also overclock the thing and make it a lot faster than the iPad can even hope to be.

The weight to me isn't a big issue. The iPad is not much lighter than this thing and they are exactly the same size.

Fingerprint magnets are annoying to me too, but for 10-15$ you can get a really nice case for the thing. That's what I plan on doing. It not only protects it but it keeps any of the backside's fingerprints from showing up. Just make sure to wipe down the screen with a fiber cloth every once in a while and you'll be fine.

Also, the thing runs flash, unlike iPad, it has a smoother internet interface and loads full pages unlike the iPad, and also unlike the iPad, it's getting the Android software sooner or later and will be open its doors to the Droid marketplace, which in my opinion is a step up from the iPad.

Oh and best of all? The 16gb iPad costs 400$ more than this thing and the 32gb model costs 450$ more. The iPad does seem like a great device but for 99-149$ this thing wins HANDS DOWN. Hate on it all you want but you know what they say.. don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Be glad for what you have and what you paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Turning off the tracking and programs in the background sped it up a lot. After browsing preware for patches and disabling things like the ripple effect when you touch the screen, it seems like its 4+ times faster than it was when I took it out of the box.

Also perhaps the iPad is better. I don't know, I like this touchpad a lot, but maybe the iPad is better. If so, though, it had better be at least 500% better, since it cost 500% more.

SOL for now, yes...But HP is expected to get more inventory soon sometime this week. my B&N order was canceled...hope to get one of these sooner or later though.

does bestbuy send out a cancellation email or do they juss wipe your order out and not tell you? had orders there five mins ago now there is nothing

Wow this thread exploded.

I kept up with the first 70 pages and gave up. I admit I never recall spending so much time on CAG on a specific deal before. I'm gonna be so disappointed if my HP order never ships and I miss out on one. Getting one at this point will make all the time I spent worth it.

Then go back to your stinking iPad because Apple sucks! You probably didn't even update to 3.0.2 OS which improves performance, did you? Can't expect that much from Appletards.

[quote name='Maskim']Turning off the tracking and programs in the background sped it up a lot. After browsing preware for patches and disabling things like the ripple effect when you touch the screen, it seems like its 4+ times faster than it was when I took it out of the box.

Also perhaps the iPad is better. I don't know, I like this touchpad a lot, but maybe the iPad is better. If so, though, it had better be at least 500% better, since it cost 500% more.[/QUOTE]
QFT

Right on dude that's exactly my logic going into this thing. If the iPad is 500% the cost of this thing, it should be 500% better at everything it does. And the fact is.. it's not. It has advantages in some areas for sure, but also disadvantages in some. All in all the 2 pads are very similar and with the huge offset in price I can't imagine anyone wanting right now to buy an iPad over this.

I'm sure within the next month or so iPad sales are going to plummet.

bread's done
Back