HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yes I can. This happened years ago when they had certain games in stock, though I can't recall which game that was. Best Buy use to do this shit all of the time to, years ago when the 360's first came out and had shortages yet they kept letting people order.

It's not like I'll ever buy thru B&N again anyways outside of a fire sale. But it doesn't take much effort for a BBB complaint and its worth doing.[/QUOTE]

It would have been crappy, if they said they shipped it, and then cancelled. Anytime I've made an order on websites, it goes straight to pending. "Pending" is exactly that - you're not guaranteed anything at that point.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']It would have been crappy, if they said they shipped it, and then cancelled. Anytime I've made an order on websites, it goes straight to pending. "Pending" is exactly that - you're not guaranteed anything at that point.[/QUOTE]

Again, a item should not show in stock if they do not have the quantities. B&N has been in the online business for years, and in 2011 they should not still be having these problems.

Also a hold/pending charge on the CC should not last longer then 24 hours if they know what they are doing. It's been over 24 hours and the CC is still there on my account. My online CC website is updated by the hour except on Sundays.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

Also a hold/pending charge on the CC should not last longer then 24 hours if they know what they are doing. It's been over 24 hours and the CC is still there on my account. My online CC website is updated by the hour except on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

I'm less frustrated with the inventory and more annoyed with the CC charges. It's only 250 bucks but when you add that in with the overcharge of 321 from BB.com (purchased before price adjustment), it adds up to a substantial amount - all of which is on my debit card, not a credit card.

Kmart order shipped!!! :bouncy:

Touchpad 32G WiFi 1.2GHz
Sold By: Kmart
Seller Info Return Policy
Tracking Number:

Initial Subtotal: $549.00

Tax: $46.67

Shipping Charge: $6.75

Savings (deals, promotions and/or shipping discounts): $-6.75

Total: $595.67

Billed Amount: $162.74

[quote name='bgame2']I'm less frustrated with the inventory and more annoyed with the CC charges. It's only 250 bucks but when you add that in with the overcharge of 321 from BB.com (purchased before price adjustment), it adds up to a substantial amount - all of which is on my debit card, not a credit card.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I have a high limit CC but a debit card? Ugh, I can definitely feel your pain. Who knows what website the rest of this week will get a trickle of HP touchpads and to not have the ability order some because idiot sites are charging you right away for something they don't have in their hands? the fuck?

Wow. My g/f just called and my Kmart order was delivered there now. Too bad I'm not going to be back there until the weekend. (I'd go back, but I have stuff to do at home.)

I'm at work, and way too lazy to go back through 20-30 pages of posts. Any update on those who ordered through onSale on Amazon?

[quote name='sundoro']Make sure to refer them to their own damn website. It shows the price drop there.
Kmart32GB[/QUOTE]

My Kmart order shipped last night and I received a partial refund notification. I'll rest easy once the money posts back to my credit card.

Now, I'm just waiting on the HP SMB order, which is approved, but hasn't shipped.

Is the HP SMB page still all messed up? I still can't figure out how to log in to check my status. It's saying my username/password must not be correct. Weird. Is your username your email on that website? Maybe I somehow am getting it wrong. I wish I copied my order number/invoice when I placed my order...I expected an immediate confirmation email.
I better get one eventually, otherwise if they dont refund me the amount they charged on my CC, it may be an annoyingly long phone battle to resolve it.

how long does it take to go from this

"Your order is approved and being sent to order management."

to being shipped from HP Small and Med?

[quote name='Blaqmoon']how long does it take to go from this

"Your order is approved and being sent to order management."

to being shipped from HP Small and Med?[/QUOTE]
No clue, but that's where mine is now too. :bouncy:

[quote name='newbslice']My onsale shit is still listed as shipping soon I'm either going to be very happy or pissed off today[/QUOTE]

i ordered mine around 5:45pm EST on Sunday.
Shipping Soon with an arrival date of today or tomorrow lol can't see that happening

I woke up this morning expectings news from onSale but still nothing. Its now pissing me off consideeing all of they money they charged my account. If i dont get any of the 2 touchpads i ordered from them i will be more pissed and will leave nasty reviews.

[quote name='Raven19x']I woke up this morning expectings news from onSale but still nothing. Its now pissing me off consideeing all of they money they charged my account. If i dont get any of the 2 touchpads i ordered from them i will be more pissed and will leave nasty reviews.[/QUOTE]

at this point i dont think we will...

[quote name='Raven19x']I woke up this morning expectings news from onSale but still nothing. Its now pissing me off consideeing all of they money they charged my account. If i dont get any of the 2 touchpads i ordered from them i will be more pissed and will leave nasty reviews.[/QUOTE]

Nasty reviews? But they'll never recover from that!

729ls6.jpg

How does this picture make you feel?

I dont understand why someone as big as HP, BB, etc, would ship out inventory to people that placed an order for 10-50. Instead, they couldve made 50 people happy(that bought 1), got 50 great reviews. Now, they'll get 49 negative ones.
I guess it's too much of a time hassle to sort orders by the amount ordered.

Has anyone that bought one on HP SMB on Monday got any sort of confirmation emails yet? I need one,so I can figure out my order number and stuff, to view it's status =/

[quote name='cRodz']
729ls6.jpg

How does this picture make you feel?[/QUOTE]

He is truly future man, selling NIB antiques 18000 years ahead of us.

[quote name='cRodz']
729ls6.jpg

Inspired!!!!!! Hmmm...

I, STILL, don't get people's point in worrying about other's business. Whether they post it on the net or not, while people are busy watching them, they are catching the deals.

Congrats to them! KaChing!!!!!!

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Guys PLEASE tell me how to upload a screenshot/picture![/QUOTE]
Get more posts, newbie!

click on
insertimage.gif
and put a link with a picture
Remember, no pron allowed
lesbian is fine however
;)

[quote name='McNutsack']Is the HP SMB page still all messed up? I still can't figure out how to log in to check my status. It's saying my username/password must not be correct. Weird. Is your username your email on that website? Maybe I somehow am getting it wrong. I wish I copied my order number/invoice when I placed my order...I expected an immediate confirmation email.
I better get one eventually, otherwise if they dont refund me the amount they charged on my CC, it may be an annoyingly long phone battle to resolve it.[/QUOTE]

Try this direct link:
https://h71016.www7.hp.com/dcart/Sa...on=OrderStatus&oi=E9CED&jumpid=hpr_R1002_USEN

FYI: When you get to the first Order Status screen in HP's store, there's a link 3 lines below the Username & Password box that reads 'HP Small & Medium Business Store order status'. Click on that link and it'll pull up a different login window. That's the one that worked for me.

I have no idea why HP feels the need to have multiple storefronts with different user credentials, but never-the-less, hope that helps.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Try this direct link:
https://h71016.www7.hp.com/dcart/Sa...on=OrderStatus&oi=E9CED&jumpid=hpr_R1002_USEN

FYI: When you get to the first Order Status screen in HP's store, there's a link 3 lines below the Username & Password box that reads 'HP Small & Medium Business Store order status'. Click on that link and it'll pull up a different login window. That's the one that worked for me.

I have no idea why HP feels the need to have multiple storefronts with different user credentials, but never-the-less, hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, thanks so much. It let me log in with my normal HP account. The other log in screens/check status orders screens were a cluster**** mess on HP SMB. The HP SMB site is one of the least user-friendly ever.
It doesnt show that I entered my phone number when I put my order through. Oops. I doubt thatll matter since they have my email :D

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. What will REALLY be DISGUSTING, is if you're 18+ saying you HATE someone over a f**king product. Hate? Seriously. You negative ones are WORSE than the hoarders. If you can't see that, your brain is f**ked up. Sounds like a bunch of FOLLOWERS, to me. Get YOUR sh*t together so you're not embarrassing yourselves by stressing over someone else's life.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You people should be ashamed of yourselves. What will REALLY be DISGUSTING, is if you're 18+ saying you HATE someone over a f**king product. Hate? Seriously. You negative ones are WORSE than the hoarders. If you can't see that, your brain is f**ked up. Sounds like a bunch of FOLLOWERS, to me. Get YOUR sh*t together so you're not embarrassing yourselves by stressing over someone else's life.[/QUOTE]

yo how come sometime i see ur signature and sometime not?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You people should be ashamed of yourselves. What will REALLY be DISGUSTING, is if you're 18+ saying you HATE someone over a f**king product. Hate? Seriously. You negative ones are WORSE than the hoarders. If you can't see that, your brain is f**ked up. Sounds like a bunch of FOLLOWERS, to me. Get YOUR sh*t together so you're not embarrassing yourselves by stressing over someone else's life.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're embarrassing yourself by stressing over someone else's life right now...

The guy flat out lied about the listing. This is what he put in it:

"SAVE HUGE MONEY OVER RETAIL"

"YOU SIMPLY CAN'T FIND A BETTER DEAL"

[quote name='Nagasami']at this point i dont think we will...[/QUOTE]

And why is that? Nobody has gotten a cancellation notice yet. I doubt they'd "confirm" orders (which is why it says shipping soon) if they couldn't fill them. But we shall see, hopefully sooner than later.

[quote name='cRodz']
729ls6.jpg

And he is selling them for $259.99

If people are dumb enough to buy them for that amount, they deserve to be taken advantage of.

[quote name='Nagasami']yo how come sometime i see ur signature and sometime not?[/QUOTE]

Magical powers! Lol. J/K. Not sure.

[quote name='Chacrana']Sounds like you're embarrassing yourself by stressing over someone else's life right now...[/QUOTE]

Zzz... Expected.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Update on my order from BB.com on Sunday AM: Order status changed to Completed. Tracking shows that it's on the UPS truck for delivery today!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Awesome! :bouncy:

HP SMB has changed my order from unable to process, to reviewing, to saying 'HP order receipt -
Your order is approved and being sent to order management'. I think this is a good thing??

B&N have straight up canceled my order on their website now, so at least that is now clear.

onSale is still processing, as with other people on here, reading 'Shipping soon, expected delivery 25th-30th'.

Dealing with Office Depot live chat customer service was hard. I hate canned responses when it should be "live". Whatever. I'm hoping everything goes through. Order hasn't been cancelled, so I've got that looking up for me.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Inspired!!!!!! Hmmm...

I, STILL, don't get people's point in worrying about other's business. Whether they post it on the net or not, while people are busy watching them, they are catching the deals.

Congrats to them! KaChing!!!!!![/QUOTE]

If they buy 30 touchpads, that's 30 less for us at the price point we want to buy it at. That's why we don't like them, they're competition for deals. They're only interested in making a profit rather than enjoying the product that is on sale. Since they're only interested in a profit, then they'll buy as many as they can afford, cleaning out a store's inventory quickly. Anyone who may have actually wanted that product does not get an opportunity to buy it because of them.

A CAG's #1 nemesis is el hoardo, however every CAG is a potential el hoardo given the right opportunity.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Inspired!!!!!! Hmmm...

Congrats to them! KaChing!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Agree!

bread's done
Back