HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that has this are you having trouble shutting down the touchpad? When I first got it I didn't have a problem shutting it down but now that I charged it all the way the long press on the power button won't prompt the shut down screen anymore.

[quote name='cRodz']dude
i remember my UPS guy always being at my door at 10:00 am.
it was glorious receiving packages so early.
Now, he comes at 4:30pm or so
WTF

Looks like my street got demoted.[/QUOTE]

Not a huge deal but it does kind of suck when it's something I'm really excited to get. Used to be worse, I worked nights so anything I ordered I'd have to wait until I got off of work to get (got off at midnight). At my old house we always got things early in the morning, oh well.

Only because I'm beyond annoyed at this point, I've now been on hold with HP for 1 hour and 22 minutes!! I think they just have 5 people working over there who all went on break at the same time.

[quote name='glennfrank']I just grabbed one off amazon. 32gb for $219. It's only @$50 more than the one I ordered from best buy after tax and shipping. I'm too burnt out on this to care about the $50. at this point.

That said, I do have a friend at work checking a best buy for me on his way home. If they have the 16gb (which is what she actually wanted) he's going to get it for me and I will sell him the 32.[/QUOTE]

Dammit!
So the seller on Amazon waited an hour to send a cancellation email.

My friend's bestbuy had none.
I was at work a little late, so I checked the online bestbuy status & there were supposedly some in stock a few miles away. I got there as fast as I could & was told that they had no more. They did have some today, but they'd been out of stock for about 3 hours. I said 3 hours ago the online status checker said you didn't have any. He then told me that it was "slow and not-realtime".

I am still in the market for a 16gb. :cry:

[quote name='jkg2k3']I just checked mine and online it says "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days." and the conformation email I got yesterday says "Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 08/24/2011 - 08/27/2011". I ordered mine at 7:15 am CST yesterday.[/QUOTE]

My order from Bestbuy on Sunday just shipped.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']My Insight order says Credit OK too. But not Released. Am I OK?

My OnSale Amazon order is not canceled yet.

I already have a 32GB but getting a 16GB for the wife is consuming my life.

I FREAKING LOVE THIS TABLET! Death to Apple!

It would be funny as hell if I ended up getting both orders. I'd keep the third for the car or the baby![/QUOTE]

Mine says released. And lets face it, them releasing my cc sounds a lot worse than them giving your cc the "ok" go signal. If you get it and i dont, ill be pissed. Werent you the guy that was hours late to the insight party when you posted their link?! Goddamn! Lucky sob.

I stopped by the El Segundo BB on my way home and the greeter/bag checker had one on the desk; almost showing it off. I asked if they had more in stock and he froze. He said he got it from another location. Really? You went to another BB, bought it and brought it to work to display at your work area? :roll:

[quote name='McNutsack']Mine says released. And lets face it, them releasing my cc sounds a lot worse than them giving your cc the "ok" go signal. If you get it and i dont, ill be pissed. Werent you the guy that was hours late to the insight party when you posted their link?! Goddamn! Lucky sob.[/QUOTE]

No, Released is supposedly better then OK. Means your order was released i.e. processed, so they say. And I was not hours late to the Insight party... I had the pages loaded in my browser waiting for the price reduction, reloading as frequently as possible. But life, baby care, jobs, chores.... all get in the way of the hunt.

I also received a shipping notification from bestbuy today. I ordered around 7:53 on Sunday Morning (EST). I also was one of the people with the null - null shipping estimate.

From an older post regarding the Best Buy stock check.

Basically check the inventory of a IN STOCK ITEM and replace that SKU number(Sku ID) with the Out of Stock item Sku Number, and it will locate the out of stock item in a store near you (very helpful)

I didnt let life get in my way. I didnt go to dinner with my gf for her moms bday. Hell, im thankful the touchpad gave me an excuse to put real life on hold =) i hope youre right about the released thing though. That makes me one step closer to reaching sanity.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']No, Released is supposedly better then OK. Means your order was released i.e. processed, so they say. And I was not hours late to the Insight party... I had the pages loaded in my browser waiting for the price reduction, reloading as frequently as possible. But life, baby care, jobs, chores.... all get in the way of the hunt.[/QUOTE]

Well, I had actually called Insight (posted earlier) and was told that they were all being cancelled. Your story gives me a bit of hope (again).

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Called and they asked for my order number. Seconds later (literally just barely got past the last character) "no sir I'm sorry....".
I should have just asked if I could buy one from his buddy stash.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Anyone have any luck with CDW? I tried to check up on my order on their site but it didn't exist.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was successful with the price match at Office Depot. Keyboard was $32.61 out of the door! I'll hit up another store tomorrow and see what else they have.[/QUOTE]

from where did you pricematch? / I didnt even know office Depot does pricematches.

[quote name='floppywopper']Where??????[/QUOTE]

Shipped from BB, ordered the other morning when they came back in stock.

Ordered at 8:30 pm on Friday night from HP's business site and got an email saying my order is included in the 2nd batch of orders. So might arrive next week or 2 weeks. :(

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']From an older post regarding the Best Buy stock check.

Basically check the inventory of a IN STOCK ITEM and replace that SKU number(Sku ID) with the Out of Stock item Sku Number, and it will locate the out of stock item in a store near you (very helpful)[/QUOTE]Doesn't seem to work for me.

[quote name='McNutsack']I didnt let life get in my way. I didnt go to dinner with my gf for her moms bday. Hell, im thankful the touchpad gave me an excuse to put real life on hold =) i hope youre right about the released thing though. That makes me one step closer to reaching sanity.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you are going to be single soon

[quote name='howlinmad']Same thing happened to me yesterday. Called and they asked for my order number. Seconds later (literally just barely got past the last character) "no sir I'm sorry....".
I should have just asked if I could buy one from his buddy stash.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, seems like most people are getting screwed by them.

That would be true, if it wasnt for the fact she told me to stay home and buy her a touchpad :eek: the cost is worth it over having to sit at a table with her family, and her frightening brother. If i can get this touchpad, im in the clear until xmas. Worth it imo

for anyone who bought on ebay, datavis_sales just sent me this email

[FONT=&quot]We would first like to thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad over the weekend. As I am sure you saw, the item sold out almost immediately. This will be the first of a series of email notifications and status updates in order for you receive the latest and most up to date status on the order without having to phone or email our systems.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As of 5pm EST on 8/23, we anticipate shipping these towards the end of this week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We will certainly keep you updated as we know exact dates by email, Facebook, and Twitter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have freight tracking # from HP with enough orders so that everyone will receive their complete order.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For those that ordered 10, 50, or 100, they will be PARTIALLY filled this week, and the balance FILLED most likely next week. It is the only fair thing to do, as we are assuring that everyone will get their FULL order without any canceling.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Currently the order process will be the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Over the next day or two, we will start the "Invoicing" stage. This is when our systems take your order status from "Active/Open" to the packing stage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Following the Invoicing, a shipping label will be created, and emailed to you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Please note, when you receive this email notice, it is GREAT NEWS, as it means it is almost out the door.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, the tracking # will NOT scan right away, so please do not panic or get concerned.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have to start the order flow now, as the multiple shipping stations can only print invoices/receipts/tracking decals but so fast. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Based on the timing, it is the best scenario for you to get your item(s) fastest.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your patience as we have been literally bombarded with calls, emails, and website hits. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are doing our very best to process each call and email, and apologize for any delay. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In order for us to focus on order processing, we would kindly request you send emails if there are any urgent request, as we can handle them much faster.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you do need to cancel for any reason, we can certainly honor this request. Please reply with the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Order #[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Payment ID[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]user nickname[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]email address[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
*If you have made a request to cancel already, you should see that process and refund in the next 12 hours or so.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you once again, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]**There will be future emails with updates. You may also want to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to see current statuses.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Finally, we completely understand your situation in wanting this product as timely as possible. We certainly hope that once we deliver your TouchPad, you will take consider the fact we followed through on the order completely, as opposed to other retailers canceling orders with simple apologies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You deserve the item you ordered, at the incredible price paid, and we intend to deliver for you. All of our sites, and marketplaces received over 10,000 orders in total, and it has simply been overwhelming. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you once again for your continued patience, and please reply to this email only if you need to cancel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DataVision Computer Video[/FONT]

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']from where did you pricematch? / I didnt even know office Depot does pricematches.[/QUOTE]

People are price matching their online prices. I don't think they usually do them but since they are clearance items it seems they are doing it but stuff like this is always YMMV.

I also got that datavision e-mail - very good news. I was nervous when I opened it, but happy after reading it. Happy, and wishing I'd ordered more since three people have come up to me wanting one.

looks like i'll get my datavis next week, while my HP SMB order stays in limbo, which is especially upsetting since they disabled their order tracking as far as I can tell

also wondering about accuracy of the BB inventory checker or maybe people are finding them in-store? I won't be able to stores until the weekend; also prefer ordering online if there's free ship and so I can get CB!

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Anyone have any luck with CDW? I tried to check up on my order on their site but it didn't exist.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Ordered, got confirmation email and number, but when checking status on the site, order doesn't exist. Hope it works out for us both!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Try this page for the BB store checker. Change the zip accordingly

32gb: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...kuId=2842092&searchpage=true&_requestid=56457

16gb: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...kuId=2842056&searchpage=true&_requestid=56537[/QUOTE]Um, why does the link actually go here?
Code:
http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1312731-10597222?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3Fid%3Dpcat17006%26type%3Dpage%26skuId%3D2842056%26searchpage%3Dtrue%26_requestid%3D56537
Where's the zip code? At the end?

[quote name='dboy81']I'm in the same boat. Ordered, got confirmation email and number, but when checking status on the site, order doesn't exist. Hope it works out for us both![/QUOTE]

I thought those orders were glitches and never made it through? Do you see a pending charge from CDW?

AH ha! Yet another Sunday morning bestbuy.com order shipped! I was a "ships null to null..." order. Ordered at 8:14am Sunday morning. 16gb. Hold on, my fellow CAGers. There is hope!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']for anyone who bought on ebay, datavis_sales just sent me this email[/QUOTE]

Finally, we completely understand your situation in wanting this product as timely as possible. We certainly hope that once we deliver your TouchPad, you will take consider the fact we followed through on the order completely, as opposed to other retailers canceling orders with simple apologies.
You deserve the item you ordered, at the incredible price paid, and we intend to deliver for you. All of our sites, and marketplaces received over 10,000 orders in total, and it has simply been overwhelming.

lmao

[quote name='Gamer SDP']also wondering about accuracy of the BB inventory checker or maybe people are finding them in-store? I won't be able to stores until the weekend; also prefer ordering online if there's free ship and so I can get CB![/QUOTE]No way to buy them other than in stores: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/HP-TouchPad-FAQs/td-p/315434

Update 11:47am CST 08/23/11:
At this time all remaining TouchPad inventory is on its way to our stores and will be arriving throughout the week. Best Buy will no longer be selling the Touchpad on BestBuy.com, or any other Best Buy channel other than our stores. We cannot share specifics on the timing or quantity of these shipments. As soon as a store receives shipment, it will be merchandised on the sales floor and will be processed on a first come first serve basis.

Yup, just got my datavis email too. Oh well, I'm so anxious to get it this week, but I guess I'll just be happy that I'm getting it, period. Slow and steady wins the race.

[quote name='confoosious']typing on my touchpad now. Cant wait to update webos and install angry birds![/QUOTE]

Angry Birds Rio HD is even better than the free Angry Birds HD! Especially if you saw the Rio movie.

Picked up:

1 Wireless Keyboard
1 Folio/Stand
1 Touchstone Dock

all for $97.84 including tax, from Office Depot, out da door!

They will price match there own website, but you may have to haggle with a supervisor a bit, I suggest bringing a printout of each item with the item #'s and online prices to make it easier. Make sure delivery is selected next to the shopping cart so the clearance price shows. You may also be able to call and place this sh*t on hold, but it depends on the management.

One manager there told me that OD is currently negotiating with HP about getting more stock of the Touchpad and accessories, so be on da lookout! He also said that it takes time for the online price to reflect in-store, but they eventually do. :shock:

Does this come up on google shopping? I haven't checked this site in a few days and now I regret it. Hopefully I can pricematch this at staples or office depot like some people or find one at BB or Conns

The Best Buy links are USELESS! Their stock check must be false. It is saying ALL stores in the Seattle area have stock of BOTH versions. Yeah right. I was there when my closest store sold out on Sunday. Unless all stores in Seattle area got new shipments today. But how likely is THAT?!

[quote name='Kablasia']Does this come up on google shopping? I haven't checked this site in a few days and now I regret it. Hopefully I can pricematch this at staples or office depot like some people or find one at BB or Conns[/QUOTE]

good luck

i have not heard about anyone ordering more than one from onsale get anything at this point there is very few people that have gotten there orders

[quote name='Unstopabull']has anyone that ordered 2+ from OnSale with express delivery gotten theirs?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I have a dumb question related to this...

What is your delivery date estimate? Was it yesterday, today, or tomorrow? (For the people who ordered using the quickest shipping).

[quote name='DirkBelig']Um, why does the link actually go here?
Code:
http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1312731-10597222?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3Fid%3Dpcat17006%26type%3Dpage%26skuId%3D2842056%26searchpage%3Dtrue%26_requestid%3D56537
Where's the zip code? At the end?[/QUOTE]

CAG's commission links mess it up I guess

[quote name='ElektroDragon']The Best Buy links are USELESS! Their stock check must be false. It is saying ALL stores in the Seattle area have stock of BOTH versions. Yeah right. I was there when my closest store sold out on Sunday. Unless all stores in Seattle area got new shipments today. But how likely is THAT?![/QUOTE]

Apparently pretty likely. People are saying BB gets shipments Tues and Thurs and there are a lot of reports of people buying them today. DON'T trust the online tracker though, it hasn't been very accurate since this whole fiasco began.

bread's done
Back