HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eliter1']Apparently pretty likely. People are saying BB gets shipments Tues and Thurs and there are a lot of reports of people buying them today. DON'T trust the online tracker though, it hasn't been very accurate since this whole fiasco began.[/QUOTE]

Whats weird is that when I went to BB yesterday they told me they pulled all HP touchpads off the shelves so yes their inventory would show you that they have them instock they just wont sell them

I ordered 2 (16 gig)from OnSale and got this shipping notice
Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011
I did not pay to have it express delivered.
Hope I don't regret ordering 2 or not paying for express.

is there anywhere I can download an i-tunes like program for WebOS? so i can d/l apps and the update before the system comes in then update it off my pc?

Ok, HP, you beat me down. . . I submit, I can't take it anymore. I've been on hold for 2 hours trying to cancel my order. The worst thing is every 3 minutes or so a recording comes on and tells me that an agent will be with me shortly. . .shortly. . . .I've now got a headache from their obnoxious hold music.

[quote name='joshrocker']Ok, HP, you beat me down. . . I submit, I can't take it anymore. I've been on hold for 2 hours trying to cancel my order. The worst thing is every 3 minutes or so a recording comes on and tells me that an agent will be with me shortly. . .shortly. . . .I've now got a headache from their obnoxious hold music.[/QUOTE]

speakerphone + netflix works wonders when I have long waits like this

[quote name='Sabertooth']Whats weird is that when I went to BB yesterday they told me they pulled all HP touchpads off the shelves so yes their inventory would show you that they have them instock they just wont sell them[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this whole thing is a mess. The whole point of chain store and/or franchises is to get a similar experience in all of the store no matter where they are. Best Buy has been a chicken with it's head cut off since this price drop hit. Some stores were pulling them other weren't, some were selling them to employees etc.

I also heard from a Best Buy employee that they are unsure if the items are going to still be supported so they pulled them off the selves and aren't selling them at this point in time.

[quote name='Strigol']speakerphone + netflix works wonders when I have long waits like this[/QUOTE]

I played a full game of MLB the show, did a load of dishes, caught up on some email, and did a lot of Internet surfing. I think the worst thing was the hold music for 2 hours. . . Now I'm off to search for some aspirin.

[quote name='SiMMENS']I also heard from a Best Buy employee that they are unsure if the items are going to still be supported so they pulled them off the selves and aren't selling them at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

protip: never listen to a best buy employee when it comes to anything.

[quote name='eliter1']Apparently pretty likely. People are saying BB gets shipments Tues and Thurs and there are a lot of reports of people buying them today. DON'T trust the online tracker though, it hasn't been very accurate since this whole fiasco began.[/QUOTE]

The online tracker is near useless for low stock hot items. I called two stores in NJ that suddenly appeared as having stock and they didn't actually have any. They probably sold the new stock they received before the online tracker updated.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Got an HP folio case for my 32GB from Office Depot. They matched the $19.99 online price without me asking. Nice case![/QUOTE]

link please.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']How do you know if you're waitlisted? Mine says nothing about that... Mine has a delivery date of August 26-31st...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Right after I post OOS too...oh well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joshrocker']I played a full game of MLB the show, did a load of dishes, caught up on some email, and did a lot of Internet surfing. I think the worst thing was the hold music for 2 hours. . . Now I'm off to search for some aspirin.[/QUOTE]

I feel you man. I was in the same boat two times earlier in the day. Payed for overnight shipping and got the email that it would be delivered today, and no delivery.

Why did I pay for overnight shipping if you aren't going to honor your delivery dates from the HP Order Status?!? I did not receive a second batch email because I ordered at like 1am EST Saturday.

Tried to chat with HP rep online, he said there was nothing he could do. Gave me a number to call for sales. Called sales and got through, and they transferred me to the SAME NUMBER I had tried twice earlier.

Very poor CS, despite being busy. I purchased for my small computer business too (which I do have), not really happy about spending the extra money for the shipping.

[quote name='glennfrank']Well, I had actually called Insight (posted earlier) and was told that they were all being cancelled. Your story gives me a bit of hope (again).[/QUOTE]

I got the credit card "released" earlier today from the Insight order status page.

Now I have a Fedex tracking number and estimated delivery...

NOTE: the TRACKN links to the FedEx tracking page...
And, I ordered last night around 9pm-ish...

Untitled-5.png

Give it some break .i placed order for 2 ,one from on sale and other from barnes and noble .neither has no confirmation about status of shipment .
In 2 days everything 'll be resolved .

Deal of the year for me so far I got

3 Touchpad Shipped
1 Palm Pre Plus Att Shipped
1 Palm Pre 2 Unlocked Shipped
The only one that still processing is Palm Veer

Me so happy :D

Welp, at this point I've called just about every Best Buy within what I feel is a reasonable driving distance. No dice.

I may try a Best Buy or two tomorrow AM, but otherwise I'll hope I get one from HP.com when they restock.

Edit: Assuming I don't manage to snag any I might be interested in buying from a fellow CAG who may have gotten too many. Not only do I want one, but my wife wants one and my in-laws want one. If I can only get one...IT'S MINE! hahaha....Don't tell the wife ;).

[quote name='DirkBelig']Doesn't seem to work for me.[/QUOTE]
You have to hit ENTER after replacing the in stock item's SKU with the OOS item's SKU. Once you do that then it should change the picture of the item you're searching for stock for to the OOS item's image(if any is available).

For example, in the following url you would put in the SKU for whichever model Touchpad you're looking for AFTER the = sign after where it says skuID in the url.

Example: blahblahblahskuid=2354973blahblahblah

Now normally after the SKU id, there's a productID, don't mess with that as the sku swap is all that's needed to make the stock locator work to find the OOS item.

But you MUST HIT ENTER after swapping out the SKU's.

Checked out a local best buy - used the sku to search and nothing within a reasonable amount of time. If you are near Concord Pike , DE BB, then it showed as having 10+ of both versions as of 30 mins ago

Just posted on OnSale's web site:

Dear Customers,

This is Robert Rich, President of OnSale. We appreciate your patience and apologize to our customers for any inconvenience related to unfulfilled orders for HP Touch Pads.

As a result of an unintended and unprecedented event, the dramatic price reduction in the discontinued HP Touch Pad which occurred over this past weekend, we received orders so quickly over a couple of hour period on Sunday that we were not able to properly process all of these orders.

At this time, we regret that we have determined we will not have sufficient clarity in a timely manner regarding additional availability of product to allow us to fill remaining unfulfilled orders. Unfortunately as a result, we are now cancelling unfulfilled orders and expect this process to be completed shortly. Customers whose orders are being canceled will receive a cancelation notice via e-mail. No credit cards have been charged for any unfulfilled orders.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to customers and please accept our sincere apologies.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Just posted on OnSale's web site:

Dear Customers,

This is Robert Rich, President of OnSale. We appreciate your patience and apologize to our customers for any inconvenience related to unfulfilled orders for HP Touch Pads.

As a result of an unintended and unprecedented event, the dramatic price reduction in the discontinued HP Touch Pad which occurred over this past weekend, we received orders so quickly over a couple of hour period on Sunday that we were not able to properly process all of these orders.

At this time, we regret that we have determined we will not have sufficient clarity in a timely manner regarding additional availability of product to allow us to fill remaining unfulfilled orders. Unfortunately as a result, we are now cancelling unfulfilled orders and expect this process to be completed shortly. Customers whose orders are being canceled will receive a cancelation notice via e-mail. No credit cards have been charged for any unfulfilled orders.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to customers and please accept our sincere apologies.[/QUOTE]

Well I've clearly been charged for the item so I hope that means I got in

Dear Customers,

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to customers and please accept our sincere apologies.[/QUOTE]

I used amazon credit damn it i want mine

[quote name='SiMMENS']Well I've clearly been charged for the item so I hope that means I got in[/QUOTE]

I've been charged too but then again Best Buy also charged me $440 that they have not refunded me from a cancelled order...

[quote name='killer9']I used amazon credit damn it i want mine[/QUOTE]

I used Amazon credit, too...does that make a difference? You'll still get refunded.

Dear Customers,

Havent gotten any emails yet. I hope it comes threw. If not guess i will be waiting for hp to post some more stock online.

[quote name='sundoro']HP Folio Case[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Not only do they have the case, they have they touchstone and keyboard on sale. You can try price matching it but YMMV since it's out of stock online.
[/QUOTE]

thanks. I searched for touchpad case on their site and came up empty. You'd think they'd add touchpad as a keyword to those items.

I got my confirmation email for my onSale order at 5:09 PM EST. I hope I get one because I won't bother finding anymore offers elsewhere, unless another lightning deal happens.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You have to hit ENTER after replacing the in stock item's SKU with the OOS item's SKU. Once you do that then it should change the picture of the item you're searching for stock for to the OOS item's image(if any is available).

For example, in the following url you would put in the SKU for whichever model Touchpad you're looking for AFTER the = sign after where it says skuID in the url.

Example: blahblahblahskuid=2354973blahblahblah

Now normally after the SKU id, there's a productID, don't mess with that as the sku swap is all that's needed to make the stock locator work to find the OOS item.

But you MUST HIT ENTER after swapping out the SKU's.[/QUOTE]
Okay, did this and it shows "IN STORE ONLY" at several locations near me. But I'm still wondering if I should take the drive.

[quote name='ijustw1n']The first is HP brand and the second is a knock off, as far as I understand. I'd go with the HP one, much better quality.[/QUOTE]

oh *uck just realized that oh well ordered too fast.

The slimy thing is that unless the order completes for onSale, you can't leave them feedback on Amazon.

They'll have enough bad orders to bury their positive feedback in a sea of red negative feedback, though if the order's canceled, you can't do it.

Allows them to pull shenanigans like this and not suffer any penalties for it.

I still wish a mod would move this thread to the other deals/request forum. Besides Angry Birds, I don't think this thing has much gaming on it. We might as well start posting deals on ipads/android tablets now.

[quote name='narec']oh *uck just realized that oh well ordered too fast.[/QUOTE]
If you ordered using google checkout you have 15 mins to cancel

[quote name='ijustw1n']The first is HP brand and the second is a knock off, as far as I understand. I'd go with the HP one, much better quality.[/QUOTE]
Chances are they're both made in China or somewhere else overseas, so both are most likely shoddily made by sweat shop workers. So I'd take the cheaper of the two and be done with it.;) But that's just me.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Well I've clearly been charged for the item so I hope that means I got in[/QUOTE]

When an item goes into the "Shipping Soon" phase, there is an authorization charge placed. It's not an actual charge that will post.

[quote name='shrike4242']The slimy thing is that unless the order completes for onSale, you can't leave them feedback on Amazon.

They'll have enough bad orders to bury their positive feedback in a sea of red negative feedback, though if the order's canceled, you can't do it.

Allows them to pull shenanigans like this and not suffer any penalties for it.[/QUOTE]

I think there was a way around it. Like waiting 30 days or something. Remember the $2 laptops? I think a slew of people left negative feedback.

Got my datavis email too. I have to say, they are handling this VERY professionally. A really well-worded email explaining that they sold 10000 of these things over the weekend, and all orders will be filled, just be patient.

I had to laugh because earlier I called them to check on the status. The "on hold" message is more than a few years out of date, touting the "Powerbook G4, PS2, and firewire cables"!

Also, thanks to the peeps who posted about Office Depot's accessories. I picked up in store the official case for $19.99, powerstone dock for $39.99. Not sure if I need the keyboard or even the dock... looks like the case works as a stand as well.

[quote name='confoosious']I think there was a way around it. Like waiting 30 days or something. Remember the $2 laptops? I think a slew of people left negative feedback.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you just have to go back to the general leave feedback page in 2 weeks or so and they will be there. I've done it before with gohastings.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Chances are they're both made in China or somewhere else overseas, so both are most likely shoddily made by sweat shop workers. So I'd take the cheaper of the two and be done with it.;) But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

bread's done
Back