HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']I placed my order from onsale 2 days ago the 21st and it still says shipping soon
Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011 :roll:
[/QUOTE]

This is Robert Rich, President of OnSale. We appreciate your patience and apologize to our customers for any inconvenience related to unfulfilled orders for HP Touch Pads.

As a result of an unintended and unprecedented event, the dramatic price reduction in the discontinued HP Touch Pad which occurred over this past weekend, we received orders so quickly over a couple of hour period on Sunday that we were not able to properly process all of these orders.

At this time, we regret that we have determined we will not have sufficient clarity in a timely manner regarding additional availability of product to allow us to fill remaining unfulfilled orders. Unfortunately as a result, we are now cancelling unfulfilled orders and expect this process to be completed shortly. Customers whose orders are being canceled will receive a cancelation notice via e-mail. No credit cards have been charged for any unfulfilled orders.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to customers and please accept our sincere apologies.

onsale facebook

[quote name='confoosious']I missed the newegg sale didn't I? frack.[/QUOTE]

They never actually lowered their price. There is a chance a lot of people might be stuck with a 15% restocking fee.

Someone on slickdeals posted this, and it sums up exactly how I feel:

[quote name='majicplicity']"My thoughts on Onsale's situation

My biggest issue isn't the fact that they oversold on an item. Stuff like this can happen, and when you have an item go from being a non seller, to something that is flying off the shelves, I can understand it. Yes someone should be held accountable for it, and hopefully they are.

My issue is how they handled the problem. They left all their customers in the dark, only giving vague answers as to whether who would actually receive the product. So now you literally have thousands of people who stopped attempting to buy the product, because they thought they already had. Barnes and Noble had virtually the same exact issue, but fessed up to it in a timely fashion, and let the people know whose orders got cancelled giving them an oppurtunity to attempt to purchase elsewhere

All I will say, is companies all make mistakes. It's how they handle those mistakes that determines their worth."[/quote]

Also...

[quote name='gamewizardx']Didn't everyone's credit card get charged already when they ordered on amazon? If so the last part of this statement makes no sense.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I don't understand this either. I bought it with a debit card, and I can't cancel and it was charged. Absolute nonsense.

[quote name='CaoPi']I placed my order from onsale 2 days ago the 21st and it still says shipping soon
Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011 :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Same Here,My estimated delivery is August 23/24.
i completed my order at 5:45pm EST:3ds:

[quote name='k0d1akattack']They never actually lowered their price. There is a chance a lot of people might be stuck with a 15% restocking fee.[/QUOTE]

oh. I saw the new Discontinued on the product page and thought I missed something. So people just bought up all the stock at $399/$499 and expected to be compensated? hahah serves them right.

[quote name='garfep']I didn't even know that existed. I was wondering why so many eBay auctions were specifying "black" in the title. Any pics?[/QUOTE]

No real pics yet, but the product number matched a Google search. It matched a 64GB White model that released and was cut on Friday. Apparently Europe has them over there, but I haven't seen a picture of an actual one. Here's the product/part number if you want to Google it: FB456UT#ABA

Just got home from a BB about 50mins away. They got them in tonight. I called each of the nearby stores where the stock locator showed "In Store Only", and each of them received a shipment tonight. I was told the stores that already had them on order are still receiving them from the warehouse and once they receive said shipment, that's it. The stores that did not have them on order from the warehouse before Sunday will not be receiving any. All locations sold out within 90 mins for over a total of 40-50 touchpads at each location.

[quote name='w00dm4n']Same Here,My estimated delivery is August 23/24.
i completed my order at 5:45pm EST:3ds:[/QUOTE]

Again I ask when did the onsale go live??? According to a poster here a guy on slick deals ordered around 530pm sat but paid for overnight shipping.

Also for those that have received a cancellation notice does the order process says shipping soon or cancelled?"

[quote name='sicvita']The a best buy near my place that says they have 16gb in stock. Is that based on at close or what, does anybody know?[/QUOTE]

The trackers aren't real-time. I called one that had a similar in-stock message, but when I called I got an automated message saying they didn't have any.

[quote name='cancerman1120']@DirkBelig - So your order was always "on backorder"? At OD.[/QUOTE]The 32GB one was, yes. I put the 16GB in my cart and then completed the order. Thought about a moment how it was stupid to pay too much and figured I'd go up to $150 and get the 32GB and in that short interval, the 32GB went OOS and thus the thing was backordered from the jump. Since no more stock is going to come OD's way, they officially canceled that order; my other one looks go to go, albeit overpriced.

[quote name='Link2999']The trackers aren't real-time. I called one that had a similar in-stock message, but when I called I got an automated message saying they didn't have any.[/QUOTE]

That message was not accurate tonight. I called 4 stores that all received them tonight, and all 4 had that automated message.

I'm still mad at macmall cause of the sell. Waited 4 hours on hold (3 a.m. to 7 a.m roughly) got my order through had the guy double check said everything was good. Only to get a call a few hours lately saying my card didn't go through. Come to find out he typed my credit card security code wrong, he typed 1223 instead of 123. And the worst part is it was for my brother and his special needs son.

I ordered through HP's website on Saturday and Sunday getting errors each time but eventually getting a confirmation number after numerous F5 clicks. But i called today after getting no email and they said my order is going through and that I actually have one 16GB and one 32GB on order. Still no date for shipment. Anyone else received theirs from HP yet.

[quote name='k0d1akattack']They never actually lowered their price. There is a chance a lot of people might be stuck with a 15% restocking fee.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']oh. I saw the new Discontinued on the product page and thought I missed something. So people just bought up all the stock at $399/$499 and expected to be compensated? hahah serves them right.[/QUOTE]

There is a chance people that bought at $399/$499 won't even get a refund at all, even a partial refund. Newegg's site currently states "Sales are final--no refunds/returns for any reason." on the HP Touchpad page. Sucks for people that bought at $399/$499 and were expecting to get compensated the difference. And if they couldn't even return them now...why...that would just be the cherry on top for me. :lol:

[quote name='JKSonic']As already said, it's $100!

- It has a Kindle app and it's cheaper than a Kindle
- It has a 9.7 inch screen and plays movies
- It has apps to stream tons of TV shows and some movies
- MP3 player
- Has a pretty nice processor for a tablet which can be easily overclocked
- Tons of homebrew already
- Android is being ported to it[/QUOTE]
Plus, there's the one app I'm actually truly buying it for; .cbr and .cbz file reader. The Walking Dead series on the go FTW! :bouncy:

[quote name='sassylaurie']That message was not accurate tonight. I called 4 stores that all received them tonight, and all 4 had that automated message.[/QUOTE]

That would suck if any of my stores got any then, would have just spent the day there if I knew that :p

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Plus, there's the one app I'm actually truly buying it for; .cbr and .cbz file reader. The Walking Dead series on the go FTW! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ditto. So much better than carrying a graphic novel or two around when traveling.

used the change sku on the stock checker trick, says one store in my entire area at BB has them for IN STORE ONLY. anyone ever seen that on the stock checker at best buy??

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Plus, there's the one app I'm actually truly buying it for; .cbr and .cbz file reader. The Walking Dead series on the go FTW! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'm actually rather happy to get a comic book reader as well. i get most of my comics for free anyway, but i didn't get every issue of Fear Itself and missed out on Age of X.

I'm not reading any pages cause I don't care about these at all but I heard that Best Buy is going to be receiving more shipments of these. I heard my inventory manager talking about it with an employee asking about them. Don't know if it's every store but we are a small store so I imagine everyone getting them. Don't be mad at me if this doesn't pan out for you, just thought I'd share.

Thought I had a chance. Checked online and Best Buy store locator said in store only. Didn't want to ruin the deal by calling so I ran over to the store to pick a tablet up, but talked with two employees who said they all were gone the first day and nothing else was coming in. Oh well. Now I see some stores are restocking. Should have forced the employee to check the store locator. : (

[quote name='ferrari91169']There is a chance people that bought at $399/$499 won't even get a refund at all, even a partial refund. Newegg's site currently states "Sales are final--no refunds/returns for any reason." on the HP Touchpad page. Sucks for people that bought at $399/$499 and were expecting to get compensated the difference. And if they couldn't even return them now...why...that would just be the cherry on top for me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

"Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!"

Sounds like if you managed to take a huge chance on Newegg with a full-price purchase, you might have lucked out on taking that chance.

Since they deactivated both SKUs, it's probably out of luck to try and get any of them at the reduced price. Guess they must be the last bigger-name holdout that was still sitting on them or holding onto them, since Costco sent them all back to HP.

[quote name='jbrun85']does anyone know how many of these were manufactured?[/QUOTE]
Not sure, but I do recall hearing Best Buy got stuck with 250,000 of them and wanted to send them back to HP after only selling like 24,000 since launch, I think?

[quote name='advanced']Ditto. So much better than carrying a graphic novel or two around when traveling.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...I can't be carrying around a couple of omnibuses for my trip, plus this way I can stick the TV series on as well and maybe Night and Dawn of the Living Dead too.

And yes, I like zombies...:D

[quote name='Clown069']I'm actually rather happy to get a comic book reader as well. i get most of my comics for free anyway, but i didn't get every issue of Fear Itself and missed out on Age of X.[/QUOTE]
What exactly was Fear Itself about and was it any good?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']from where did you pricematch? / I didnt even know office Depot does pricematches.[/QUOTE]

Their website. I mentioned the price to the cashier, and then she called her manager over. He verified it, and they hooked me up.

[quote name='McNutsack']YESSSS, check your INSIGHT status guys!
Mine shows a FedEx tracking number!!!
Is this a good sign?![/QUOTE]If there's a tracking number on it, check it tomorrow, as it should show tracking information from that point forward.

What exactly was Fear Itself about and was it any good?

Fear itself is still going on in Marvel. basically Red Skull's Daughter unleashes an ancient evil on the earth and corrupts some of the heroes with evil Hammers like Thor's.

Did anyone order from HP SMB and not get any email whatsoever? I cant check my order now with the status redirecting to the home page but I have a pending charge for it. Hoping it gets through.

Also, wow feel sorry for anyone that got antsy and refused shipment from Newegg. Hopefully I can get yours!

[quote name='Carlanga']It's 1.3MP so it's OK, the iPad 2 front facing camera is just. 0.69MP :cool: When taking pics w/ a camera app (not included BTW0 it takes OK pics, I think better than the iPad.

Skype quality kind of sucks though compared to the Skype app on the iPad...[/QUOTE]
You can take pics with it but you gotta buy an app on the appstore for $0.99

Is this a good sign?![/QUOTE]

I've received my tracking number also...
"Insight Distribution Center
1600 HUNTER RD
HANOVER PARK IL 60133-6767

ADVANCED SHIPMENT NOTIFICATION

Order Number : ##########
Date : 08/22/2011
PO Number :
Customer No. : #########
Sales Rep :
Telephone :
Email :

##############
##############
##############

##############
##############
##############

Please login to www.insight.com to view additional Order tracking information.

Material Description Qty.Ord
Carrier Priority Tracking # Qty.Shpd Ship Date
______________________________________________________________________________________________
FB356UA#ABA HP TOUCHPAD US, 32GB, WIFI, BTO 1
Insight Assigned Ground 1 08/23/2011
Carrier
96120190608xxxxxxxxxxxx
Serial Numbers:5CL12xxx,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER.
FOR BILLING QUESTIONS CALL 800-934-4477.
FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT CALL 800-934-4477.
FOR CLIENT SERVICE CALL 800-827-6100.
FOR SALES CALL 800-888-5390.
The Terms and Conditions and Return Policy and Procedures set forth on
www.insight.com/TermsandConditions are specifically incorporated herein.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Will be delivered by the 25th.

No shit its a good sign. You ordered after I posted about it didn't you? After you said it was dead already? And I ordered before you, but the 16GB instead of the 32GB, and I'm getting zip!! Life is not fair. You did order 32GB right?

Alright if anyone got an extra from Insight after seeing my post, I think you owe me the sale at normal pricing.

[quote name='Nagasami']Update: OD just changed status of "In the warehouse" > "Shipped" for me, however no tracking number.[/QUOTE]

I know that in my area, Office Depot delivers them in their own trucks. No third party shipping. Maybe its the same in yours?

Insight said my order "release" what is that suppose to mean? However, have never received Email Confirmation.

OD - sent Shipped Confirmation

Wow. Weren't you correcting people last night and telling them not to bother with insight since their stock indicator hadn't been moving for hours? How's that egg on your face taste?

[quote name='killer9']damn it im never gonna get one stupid onsale[/QUOTE]
I think pretty much anyones only hope of getting them now is possibly if newegg has any more or if hp is actually getting more. Just use check4change on both sites and pray.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']No shit its a good sign. You ordered after I posted about it didn't you? After you said it was dead already? And I ordered before you, but the 16GB instead of the 32GB, and I'm getting zip!! Life is not fair.[/QUOTE]

No, I was the guy that gave you a hard time, pointing out that I ordered it 1.5 hours before you posted the link, lol.
If mine changed to show a fedex number, I'm sure yours will too.
Until I wake up and it shows me where the order is at, I'll still consider this as a false alarm. Next to the "quantity shipped" part it still says 0. So the fedex number may not be important. Unless it means theyre preparing the number for it...idk, excited though.
Let me know if yours updates, or if anyone elses Insight order does.
I ordered it at 6pm Pacific time. the 32gb.

bread's done
Back