HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Twizz']Behind a counter in the lower area, I'd say at least 10 of each. Wasn't a long line, call before you troop there unless you're close.

Also, green line is on a shuttle as of North Station.

6175778866 that sould be the number there.[/QUOTE]

The person said that they sold out "less than a little while ago"

Trust?:roll:

[quote name='GoingIncognito']FYI I think there is probably going to be a limit of 1 per person if you order in HP's next wave. Don't screw yourself by ordering 3 or something. If you already have one for yourself and still want to help out, awesome! That's what CAG should be about :).[/QUOTE]

Well if they don't explicitly limit it I'm going to order 2, myself. 1 for me and 1 for a relative. Now if they don't limit it but "screw" everyone who ordered more than one by outright canceling it for no reason other than it is more than 1 in the order I'm going to be pissed.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Well if they don't explicitly limit it I'm going to order 2, myself. 1 for me and 1 for a relative. Now if they don't limit it but "screw" everyone who ordered more than one by outright canceling it for no reason other than it is more than 1 in the order I'm going to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

I'm figuring better safe than sorry and purchasing 1 with my info, a separate order with my wife's info, and a separate order with my in-laws info...In that order ;).

Ok for anyone in the TAMPA/ST PETE/CLEARWATER/BRADENTON/LAKELAND AREA:

I went ahead and tried the 888 Best Buy number that someone used a few post ago and while she said none of the stores had CURRENT STOCK, the following stores have the following quanity out for delivery either today or tomorrow. Please check before you make the drive:

CITRUS PARK- 60
LAKELAND- 60
CLEARWATER-60
BRADENTON- 60
WESLEY CHAPEL- 40

I used sku 2842056 which is the 16gb version. I didn't check on the 32gb.

[quote name='momouchi']Just order two separate orders, then you won't have to worry about it.[/QUOTE]

But then what if they have a very low stock and by the time the first one is confirmed and the second is in my cart they are already out of stock? You see, I actually have nothing to worry about by purchasing them both in one order IF IT'S NOT DISALLOWED. But if they only allow one per person then I'll only buy one.

I can verify that as I spoke to a Citrus Park BB guy and he told me the same thing. Only select stores are getting them.

Thanks sjea

[quote name='sjea0124']Ok for anyone in the TAMPA/ST PETE/CLEARWATER/BRADENTON AREA:

I went ahead and tried the 888 Best Buy number that someone used a few post ago and while she said none of the stores had CURRENT STOCK, the following stores have the following quanity out for delivery either today or tomorrow. Please check before you make the drive:

CITRUS PARK- 60
LAKELAND- 60
CLEARWATER-60
BRADENTON- 60
WESLEY CHAPEL- 40[/QUOTE]

[quote name='R0tatioNz']The person said that they sold out "less than a little while ago"

Trust?:roll:[/QUOTE]

It's possible, I'd call again in a few mins.

Good luck

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Well if they don't explicitly limit it I'm going to order 2, myself. 1 for me and 1 for a relative. Now if they don't limit it but "screw" everyone who ordered more than one by outright canceling it for no reason other than it is more than 1 in the order I'm going to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

They won't cancel orders because someone bought more than one. Maybe if they buy 50, but I doubt it. They'll likely set a limit per order, which means hoarders will have to waste time setting up multiple accounts or making multiple orders.

[quote name='Zorba3']I can verify that as I spoke to a Citrus Park BB guy and he told me the same thing. Only select stores are getting them.

Thanks sjea[/QUOTE]

Are you in search of one. If so and you come across any can you shoot me a message with the location?

[quote name='Twizz']It's possible, I'd call again in a few mins.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

BAH! I don't know....I need to find out if this is their last shipment or not....can't tell since it is far away and I have an appointment till 2PM :cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='sjea0124']Are you in search of one. If so and you come across any can you shoot me a message with the location?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm looking. Since I don't trust Zones. I'll be in Citrus Park area today.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I just called the 888 number and they put me in the loop for an automated "find a store" thing.[/QUOTE]

At prompt screen, push 0 three times. connect to operator and ask that you have a sku number that you would like to check product availability where you live and she will transfer you to computers and they will assist you from that point on. Be nice and talk with them about crap and they will go above and beyond for you.

Just tried calling the store and the guy who answered said that the shipment they'd received via FedEx was the last they'd be getting and they won't be getting any more. I wonder if this is true, what he thinks is true because no one can communicate properly or what. All I know is that I'm not spending 15 minutes on hold listening to that same 8-bar loop of honky-tonk blues guitar over and over and over again. I've got one in hand and another on the way for sure, so I've got to get back to living a semi-normal (as far as I can manage) life. Bleah.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']BAH! I don't know....I need to find out if this is their last shipment or not....can't tell since it is far away and I have an appointment till 2PM :cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Yea, not worth a trip just to have them sold out. I'd say call again and ask if they are getting more shipments.

From the official forum post of BB:

"At this time all remaining TouchPad inventory is on its way to our stores and will be arriving throughout the week. Best Buy will no longer be selling the Touchpad on BestBuy.com, or any other Best Buy channel other than our stores. We cannot share specifics on the timing or quantity of these shipments. As soon as a store receives shipment, it will be merchandised on the sales floor and will be processed on a first come first serve basis."

[quote name='Zorba3']Yes, I'm looking. Since I don't trust Zones. I'll be in Citrus Park area today.[/QUOTE]

Cool I need to make runs in Bradenton and Lakeland so if I see anything I will PM you or can pick up a second one with receipt and meet you somewhere for the same price.

Honestly, I kind of wonder if Onsale is delaying things because they're scrambling trying to find a way to avoid a huge hit to their feedback. Maybe this means trying to obtain more Touchpads so more orders can be filled? I doubt they'll be successful, but I don't see any other reason to not cancel the surplus orders. They have to know how much stock they had and which orders could be filled by this point.

Although, even their account of the situation was a little vague. Have they shipped all of the orders for the stock they had, and all orders that still have a "shipping soon" status are screwed? Or are they still in the process of filling orders? If they're not going to get it sorted out today, I'd at least like to see an update addressing that.

[quote name='jaydepps']Everyone should check their HP SMB orders again. Just checked mine and it updated from Approved to canceled.[/QUOTE]

Mine still says approved.

[quote name='sjea0124']Cool I need to make runs in Bradenton and Lakeland so if I see anything I will PM you or can pick up a second one with receipt and meet you somewhere for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Great. I'm down.

[quote name='sjea0124']Cool I need to make runs in Bradenton and Lakeland so if I see anything I will PM you or can pick up a second one with receipt and meet you somewhere for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Florida?!?!

I'm in Jacksonville, the reports of stock at any stores are dismal.

Anyone have any luck in Puerto Rico? Office Depot guy told me they wont be selling them anymore. Same as RadioShack. Costco sent all their stock back to HP

[quote name='jaydepps']Everyone should check their HP SMB orders again. Just checked mine and it updated from Approved to canceled.[/QUOTE]

When'd you order?

[quote name='hustletron']Florida?!?!

I'm in Jacksonville, the reports of stock at any stores are dismal.[/QUOTE]

Check a few post above and call the 888-best-buy number. They have screens to check how many are in transit to stores from deliveries and will give you an honest answer. I posted above what to ask them. As long as you are nice they will do a thorough search.

[quote name='newbslice']So does.onsales.number work for anyone because my phone won't call.it lol[/QUOTE]

I just sent them an email since I don't want to wait on the phone lol

[quote name='doodofdoods']when'd you order?[/quote]

8/22/2011 1:41 am

So now my only option to get one is to hope my Best Buy gets a shipment?

[quote name='sjea0124']Check a few post above and call the 888-best-buy number. They have screens to check how many are in transit to stores from deliveries and will give you an honest answer. I posted above what to ask them. As long as you are nice they will do a thorough search.[/QUOTE]

This is true, I did as above and they checked my two closest stores for incoming stock. Very nice of them. Do not listen to what any Best Buy employee tells you, that number has access to the transit figures and the CSRs are very nice if you are polite.

[quote name='jaydepps']8/22/2011 1:41 am

So now my only option to get one is to hope my Best Buy gets a shipment?[/QUOTE]

Or try to get one from HP when they get restocked later this week

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I just called the 888 number and they put me in the loop for an automated "find a store" thing.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. i tried twice, but was put into the same automated system. oh well, this is turning into too much work.

[quote name='erequena']Or try to get one from HP when they get restocked later this week[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll wait for that. Hopefully the people at Slickdeals don't order 20 at a time again.

[quote name='Nagasami']The package that contain my Tablet contained recycle cotton or something, when you open it up it fly everywhere. They look like dust bunnies[/QUOTE]

That's not cotton, its recycled asbestos!

Ugh I'm unable to make a phone call for the next couple hours. If anyone calls best buy about the syracuse new York area and could post the results, it would be really appreciated.

[quote name='TheRock88']Checked my HP order using the Fedex trick and it finally updated saying mine should arrive on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Link please

[quote name='kellte2']Same thing happened to me. i tried twice, but was put into the same automated system. oh well, this is turning into too much work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was connected to the "HP Information Line", heard a recorded voice saying "no longer available in stores" and then got stuck in the store finder.

[quote name='mxmarks']Ugh I'm unable to make a phone call for the next couple hours. If anyone calls best buy about the syracuse new York area and could post the results, it would be really appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Same :(

I'm in the 32224 Jacksonville FLA area if anyone has some spare time.

[quote name='doodofdoods']They won't cancel orders because someone bought more than one. Maybe if they buy 50, but I doubt it. They'll likely set a limit per order, which means hoarders will have to waste time setting up multiple accounts or making multiple orders.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm saying. I really don't understand the irrational fear of the others saying "just in case I'll buy my (2, 3, 4) in separate transactions because they might unexpectedly cancel an order of more than one". There is no reason for them to cancel an order of 2 or 3 simply because it is an order of 2 or 3. It almost certainly costs them less to bulk them together, so if they don't limit it to 1 per order they wouldn't even want to stop bulk orders. After all they are trying to get rid of them fast.

[quote name='TheRock88']Checked my HP order using the Fedex trick and it finally updated saying mine should arrive on Friday.[/QUOTE]

when / what part of HP did u use

Anyone have this problem with their touchpad: my screen has grid marks on it. Seems like it could be wiped off only it's on the inside! I can barely see it when it's fully on and lit but it just bothers me.

I checked the hp smb order status page and when I click on to view the order it transfers me to the home page and said something about anyone that ordered before 4am on monday or something like that would be refunded money for shipping and their touchpad would be shipped. So it looks like anyone after that is screwed. Someone can load it up and copy what they exactly said. I didn't get mine in until about 6.

bread's done
Back