HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElektroDragon']This is beyond pathetic.... neither Onsale nor Insight has ANY update on my order status for THREE DAYS now! They're sitting on the money, earning interest. Bastards. We need to take these companies down. Where is Anonymous when you need them?

Oh, and death to hoarders![/QUOTE]

Earning Interest? Really? #-o

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']It's new really stock in that sense. It's just whatever is left in their warehouses getting sent out to the stores to be sold. In the case of Amazon, they only have one store, so I'm pretty sure it has access to all the stock in the warehouses, so that when it says "Out of Stock" the only way to get more is to get it from the manufacturer, which we know is not going to happen in this case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I kind of figured that, but was being hopeful that maybe Amazon might get some new inventory from somewhere.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What does SMB stand for? I keep thinking Super Mario Brothers! ahhh[/QUOTE]

Haha! I was thinking this too, at first.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']This is beyond pathetic.... neither Onsale nor Insight has ANY update on my order status for THREE DAYS now! They're sitting on the money, earning interest. Bastards. We need to take these companies down. Where is Anonymous when you need them?

Oh, and death to hoarders![/QUOTE]

We've already seen that we don't need Anonymous. Just go to SD and say they have them in stock and woila! People on SD believe anything. Last time I checked they were still posting store numbers and waiting for a BB employee to tell them if they were in stock:lol:

My conclusion is that the BB store tracker is pretty much worthless. There's too much lag in the actual stock for it to be useful to get one of these.

[quote name='Pheee']So if the BB inventory thing says in store only and not unavailable, that means there have some stock?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, but perhaps more likely than the stores that say unavailable.

[quote name='linkbear']And Pasadena BB had 33. I missed it by 2...damn line cutters.[/QUOTE]

I really hate line cutters there and they don't do anything about it in that mini mall. During one Black Friday sale I went from something like 12th place in line to something like 39th just a few seconds before midnight when all the line cutters returned from Starbucks.

Of course they hung up on you. You guys are just buggin' them, to be honest. Should wait for HP to get them in stock, instead of emailing 5 different websites asking your order status, and just halting the whole process in general.

[quote name='McNutsack']Of course they hung up on you. You guys are just buggin' them, to be honest. Should wait for HP to get them in stock, instead of emailing 5 different websites asking your order status, and just halting the whole process in general.[/QUOTE]

No I was on hold and it disconnected.

I just got an order confirmation from HP. That doesn't mean that it shipped does it? Like I said I didn't order one until late Monday. I just thought if it was an order confirmation saying we received your order, that it would've been sent the day I bought it.

12 others ahead of me at Westfield BB at the rear. One moron is by himself at the front...which always gets opened last :lol:

Supposedly the manager said they don't have any already.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I really hate line cutters there and they don't do anything about it in that mini mall. During one Black Friday sale I went from something like 12th place in line to something like 39th just a few seconds before midnight when all the line cutters returned from Starbucks.[/QUOTE]

I don't let those fuckers in my line. As soon as I get to a line I usually tell people in front of me that if they are not in the line then they are line cutters. If they want to get in the store first they are going to fucking wait just like I have to. I think people understand but they try to get away with it when people don't say anything. If they don't listen I can usually get people behind me to protest and pretty soon they are out of the line. I have had friends and family ask to cut in line and I tell them no. If I had to fucking wait they should as well.

Touchstone is sexy if you can get it for the sale price and not pay too much with tax and shipping online. If your Office depot has it, I'd check there.
Use it as an alarm clock, and I'm sure there's probably a way to use it as a digital photo album, right? I'd rather just use my HP Case and make it stand up, and plug it in to the charger like that...

Also, INSIGHT is sending out cancellation emails right now. Glad I got mine shipped!

I went to Best Buy here in Tallahassee, FL and they stated that they had 30 instock and of course they were sold out. However, she gave me a tip saying they expect some more Thursday night. So if you are in the area, Friday morning they should have some more. Hopefully, some CAGs in the area and other places can grab them. :)

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Is the case compatible with the touchstone? I thought I read it wasn't...[/QUOTE]

Yeah the HP case is. It's $29 on the HP website. You can get it cheaper on walmart and office depot, i think.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']This is beyond pathetic.... neither Onsale nor Insight has ANY update on my order status for THREE DAYS now! They're sitting on the money, earning interest. Bastards. We need to take these companies down. Where is Anonymous when you need them?[/QUOTE]

I'll defend Insight. They have a lot of orders to fulfill and they actually are updating their orders. A few others on here along with myself have already gotten our tracking numbers.
Check your credit status. It goes in this order: Contact Rep, Released, Credit Ok, then it is shipped. If you're still on Contact Rep at this point, you may want to call them.

As for OnSale, what they are doing is pretty f'ed up.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I caved and bought a touchstone even though I don't have a Touchpad yet. It's for store pickup at a local store and they'll hold it for a week. If I don't get a touchpad I'll cancel the touchstone order. No harm. Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Thats actually not a bad idea. I have a feeling that all of the HP made accessories are going to me harder to find than a touchpad in the next 2 weeks. Especially at these prices..

and like you said you can always cancel if you don't get your touchpad.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I caved and bought a touchstone even though I don't have a Touchpad yet. It's for store pickup at a local store and they'll hold it for a week. If I don't get a touchpad I'll cancel the touchstone order. No harm. Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

With all the crap that's been going on at BB stores I would go pick it up now just to make sure you have it and/or don't sell it. If you can't get a hold of a TouchPad just return it.

Same here :)

FYI guys the keyboard and case are also in stock at best buy, and if you buy 3 together, you save 15%. unfortunately shipping kinda kills the deal, but ship to store is available too.

If you find another applicable item you want it you can save 20% off the order.

[quote name='linuskinrak']I went to Best Buy here in Tallahassee, FL and they stated that they had 30 instock and of course they were sold out. However, she gave me a tip saying they expect some more Thursday night. So if you are in the area, Friday morning they should have some more. Hopefully, some CAGs in the area and other places can grab them. :)[/QUOTE]

Uhhhggg I wonder what that means for Jax!!!!

[quote name='snowmint']I order a touchstone. Was this the cheapest price for it? Now I'm looking for a keyboard that goes with it. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Any bluetooth keyboard should work just fine. Sure you can find something on ebay for super cheap.

[quote name='eliter1']With all the crap that's been going on at BB stores I would go pick it up now just to make sure you have it and/or don't sell it. If you can't get a hold of a TouchPad just return it.[/QUOTE]

I may go pick it up early, who knows. Store Pickup orders get picked and placed behind customer service with a tag. I have yet to have a Store Pickup item go "missing". I haven't even gotten the e-mail that the store pickup pick was successful, if not I'll go to plan b.

Check the OP, it's at the top. What works for me for the two stock checkers is going to the link, putting in my zip code and then hitting the search button.

If I have to do another one, I go back to that page again and do the same thing. Refreshing it doesn't seem to work well, at least in Firefox.

[quote name='eliter1']I don't let those fuckers in my line. As soon as I get to a line I usually tell people in front of me that if they are not in the line then they are line cutters. If they want to get in the store first they are going to fucking wait just like I have to. I think people understand but they try to get away with it when people don't say anything. If they don't listen I can usually get people behind me to protest and pretty soon they are out of the line. I have had friends and family ask to cut in line and I tell them no. If I had to fucking wait they should as well.[/QUOTE]

Actually we did complain loudly, but it was literally seconds before they opened the door and both the employees and security obviously didn't care and weren't going to do anything. There were even door prizes that they got over people in the back who waited (and was probably the only reason they were they --- it was why I was there). I got what I wanted though, but suddenly I was one of the last to get one. And when one of my relatives arrived late and stood with me to talk, we refused an extra prize. We're not asses. Well cheap asses yes, but not ass asses.

And even though it was a large group all the cutters were obviously together since they all arrived at the same time and most of them really did have Starbucks coffee with them.

[quote name='merchie89']Slickdeals has me angry but I just dont see why everyone jumps on these now. They are very cheap yes, I paid more for my phone than one of these touchpads like most people.

But really come on, how much usage are people going to get out of these? Most already have a laptop computer or something other portable device that they can use that they are just putting out of uses.

Ebay and Amazon in about 5 months are GUARANTEED gonna be flooded with people trying to get rid of these in a few months because they want to get something else....same story different name. I get it but I also dont see why people are taking it to the point of waiting for 12 hours outside a best buy....priorities seem to need changing[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes make me chuckle.

[quote name='McNutsack']Also, INSIGHT is sending out cancellation emails right now. Glad I got mine shipped![/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm in the cancel boat. No email yet, but one of my orders is now 'complete' with no items. Not looking good.

In regards to the touchstone; it still needs to be plugged into the wall to power the touchpad. Can't you just plug in your ac power adapter that comes with the touchpad, and stand it up using the HP case? Wouldnt it be acting exactly like a touchstone?

I'm confused. I need to be talked into why I should buy this.

FYI Onsale wants you to cancel your order so you can't leave them neg feed back on Amazon. Fu@k them. I'll wait it out till they cancel my sh!t and then leave them negative feedback. I'm sure they're intentionally being shrewd. They say you're welcome to cancel at anytime by calling them (thats if they don't hang up or if you can get through). These people are scum bags. Once again I wouldn't buy anything from Onsale, Macmall, PC Mall, or any of the other companies in this umbrella (they're all owned by the same parent company).

[quote name='McNutsack']In regards to the touchstone; it still needs to be plugged into the wall to power the touchpad. Can't you just plug in your ac power adapter that comes with the touchpad, and stand it up using the HP case? Wouldnt it be acting exactly like a touchstone?

I'm confused. I need to be talked into why I should buy this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that wouldn't be as slick!

It's pretty cool, I found this vid which is why I really decided to pick one up at the sale price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6K8u_xDBrU

Edit: I did not decide to buy any HP keyboards yet. I figure that even if I end up wanting one I can either find one or simply use any old Bluetooth Keyboard (I have at least one already lying around the house).

Editx2: Touchstone ready for pickup. Maybe I'll swing by later.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Yeah, but that wouldn't be as slick!

It's pretty cool, I found this vid which is why I really decided to pick one up at the sale price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6K8u_xDBrU.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, it's rather sexy. But where is the charging port at on the touchpad, anyway? I'm thinking, maybe it's not possible to charge it and stand it up in the HP case at the same time? Maybe the cord will have to bend against the bottom of your desk, causing it to not sit stable? No idea, since Ive never seen the charging slot or any of it in action >_

bread's done
Back