HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just booted my touchpad signed into my network as you must for setup...at which point it wont let me get past that. I can't do anything at all. I rebooted and now it just has a spinning circle once it starts up.

WTH $99 is too much!! I have been trying for 45 minutes now just to get past setup!!

The touchpad I ordered from Amazon (via Onsale) that was linked to the other day just shipped. I guess I'll have to figure out why I felt the urge to order one (jumping on the bandwagon) firsthand!

[quote name='eayoti']Ah well, at least we still live in a free country with clean, running water to drink and clean air to breathe.[/QUOTE]

Pfff! That means nothing if I can't use my new TouchPad's Coaster App! I need something to sit my drinks on XD

[quote name='RealDeals']I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a ring at the doorbell. I literally JUMPED out of bed and on my feet in one motion, RACED to the door, HUGGED the mailman, and saw the package. I then see my aunt saying "Oh good, my package is here. It sure took long for those supplies to arrive." (She's a tailor) Never in my life have I been more outraged to see the letters DHL and more longing to see UPS. STOP TORTURING ME :hot:[/QUOTE]

Lmao!!! I would kill my Aunt if I was in your situation

[quote name='david12795']so i just entered my details through fedex and i see my item is estimated to be delivered tomorrow. is this a legit way to find out?[/QUOTE]

Legit? There is nothing wrong with looking it up this way. Again, as I said before, this isn't a glitch.

Got all excited when I got a new email on the account I only use for purchasing stuffs.

Turns out its just Web Wednesday at Papa Johns.

Rofl, papa johns spams m.e daily too. Also, the hp chick said we can go outside and get some fresh air today?! No touchpad news for today?! Wow. Maybe my headache will finally go away. Ive had one the last two days, and i can only assume its from all of this, or Deus Ex and Nazi Zombies. Time to make love to my gf. Ill check back every 4 hours. Good riddance!

Has anyone considered the amount of time you've wasted on this compared to your pay at work? I'm thinking more than a few people would have been better served to buy one full price, or at the very least pay a bit more on ebay.

On another note, my Griffin case from Verizon has shipped. Should have it on Friday. I'll post pictures of how it fits on my Touchpad when I get everything.

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart ever marked down the touchpad accessories in store? I ordered two cases online at the discounted price but the touchstones were sold out.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Has anyone considered the amount of time you've wasted on this compared to your pay at work? I'm thinking more than a few people would have been better served to buy one full price, or at the very least pay a bit more on ebay.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I haven't done much past 3 days and I've massive project due next week.

[quote name='McNutsack'] Time to make love to my gf. Ill check back every 4 hours. Good riddance![/QUOTE]

Damn you must keep busy for 4 hours!!! At least iit's not a few minutes!:lol:

[quote name='FadeToOne']Has anyone considered the amount of time you've wasted on this compared to your pay at work? I'm thinking more than a few people would have been better served to buy one full price, or at the very least pay a bit more on ebay.[/QUOTE]

BWHAHAHAHAHA XD That is assuming we were off the clock when we were here. I bet most of us, including me, are all on the clock. lmao

I think i did fine, got all my homework done and had a presentation for my Final Project's Alpha version yesterday.

I agree with your premise, but this is America. The land of procrastinating and not getting shit done. It was bound to happen either way, lol :)

[quote name='McNutsack']Time to make love to my gf. Ill check back every 4 hours. Good riddance![/QUOTE]

So what exactly are you doing with the other 3 hours and 58 minutes?

[quote name='DeathDream']BWHAHAHAHAHA XD That is assuming we were off the clock when we were here. I bet most of us, including me, are all on the clock. lmao[/QUOTE]

Who would do something like that.....

I think i've done more work trying to find a tablet I can have in hand today / stalking hp order status, than I have actually working at work the last 3 days

[quote name='DeathDream']BWHAHAHAHAHA XD That is assuming we were off the clock when we were here. I bet most of us, including me, are all on the clock. lmao[/QUOTE]

Gotta love sick days and Staph infections. I'm GETTING PAID TO BROWSE THIS :lol:

Onsale just sent shipping confirmation and I'm beyond shocked. I was sure this was dead and was waiting for my cancellation notice like most (I ordered it over an hour after they posted on Amazon). Luck shined on my white ass today and I also snagged one at a Best Buy I randomly stumbled in at.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RealDeals']Gotta love sick days and Staph infections. I'm GETTING PAID TO BROWSE THIS :lol:[/QUOTE]

I inquired about sick days when I took this job. They said they don't really have a sick policy. If you're sick, you don't come in. When you feel better, you come back. I'm paid either way. Still, no one is ever sick here.

thanks CAG, for letting me skip out on the whole internet hunt.

the bestbuy links in the OP showed my local store had these in stock and I went straight there. Walked out with a 16 GB model, but they were out of all the accessories.

[quote name='RealDeals']I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a ring at the doorbell. I literally JUMPED out of bed and on my feet in one motion, RACED to the door, HUGGED the mailman, and saw the package. I then see my aunt saying "Oh good, my package is here. It sure took long for those supplies to arrive." (She's a tailor) Never in my life have I been more outraged to see the letters DHL and more longing to see UPS. STOP TORTURING ME :hot:[/QUOTE]

CALM DOWN! Nutjobs like you are the reason eBay hoarders are still selling them for $150 premium.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Just booted my touchpad signed into my network as you must for setup...at which point it wont let me get past that. I can't do anything at all. I rebooted and now it just has a spinning circle once it starts up.

WTH $99 is too much!! I have been trying for 45 minutes now just to get past setup!![/QUOTE]

I've got the same thing going for me too. I'm going to try it from home tonight to see if time cures it.

[quote name='bkfountain']thanks CAG, for letting me skip out on the whole internet hunt.

the bestbuy links in the OP showed my local store had these in stock and I went straight there. Walked out with a 16 GB model, but they were out of all the accessories.[/QUOTE]

I equal parts hate you and am happy for you right now

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Just got the official cancellation email from Insight. -_-[/QUOTE]

Dildo....I mean ditto. :cold:

[quote name='ElektroDragon']CALM DOWN! Nutjobs like you are the reason eBay hoarders are still selling them for $150 premium.[/QUOTE]

... Ok.:roll: I think my excitement was understandable considering I've been trying this deal since an hour within this THREAD was posted. 5 seperate orders have fallen through for me and I wasn't even considering my OD one anymore, and I got the shipping estimate for TODAY. I go back to work in two days so it'd be awesome to get this before then. BTW, I'm a FREAKING CAG. I wouldn't pay one cent more to get this, and I damn sure won't support fucking hoarders. Wrong site bro http://slickdeals.net/ :lol:

Good times, My HP order just got sent! About freaking time...I still won't get it for over a week (Hp still hasn't sent me an email for its delivery with tracking number . Oh well. Big ups for sure to however spoke of the Fedex trick using HP's number in the reference field. That works like a charm!

On a side note, Fu@k onsale!

Justice has been served at Walmart! I spoke with the assistant manager because he called me on the phone earlier in the day. Anyways he was going to allow me to get the official case for $19 before tax. I told him that he had to do something better than that because I've been there six times, and was tired of coming there. I told him that I wanted the case and the screen protector and case for $20. The manager told me he could do $30. I finally agreed. So after the price match of the keyboard for $30, $30 for the protector and case, and finally $64 out of pocket because I had $100 in giftcards. I'm quite content. I also picked up a laptop carrying case with a wireless mouse and 4Gb jump drive for $19.99 at Best Buy. Now I just need my Tablet which is going to be here Thursday!

Just got the package from the Fedex reference look up thing. Opened it up to find a shiny new ream of paper, but no touchpad.

Package was 5.8 lbs. for those interested

Just checked the status page, both items are now listed as shipped with separate track nos.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Just got the official cancellation email from Insight. -_-[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I was expecting it being I was late to the party. Still nice to know one way or the other.

[quote name='shuhbonkboo']What brand screen protectors are you guys buying?[/QUOTE]

Griffin from Walmart. I haven't opened it yet since my Tablet isn't here yet.

Holy crap! I just got a shipping confirmation email for an onsale order (I had made two 16 gb, first order got cancelled about an hour ago).

Got my onsale order closed my order. All the damned orders got 700 reserved out of my accounts.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your money unlocked?

[quote name='fatboyjam']I've got the same thing going for me too. I'm going to try it from home tonight to see if time cures it.[/QUOTE]

Did you do a hard boot? (hold the power button and the home button together for 15 seconds until the HP logo appears)

[quote name='SpecialK7225']Just got the package from the Fedex reference look up thing. Opened it up to find a shiny new ream of paper, but no touchpad.

Package was 5.8 lbs. for those interested
[/QUOTE]

TouchPad alone is 3.5Lbs via HP site through Fedex for me.

bread's done
Back