HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='berserker01']If one of my order don't go through i'm going on a murderous rampage... starting with Barnes & Noble! I'm never going to buy anything from them as long as i live!!!!![/QUOTE]
Don't let this rampage turn into London Riot. I would say start with Best Buy, this is where I hate the most.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Don't let this rampage turn into London Riot. I would say start with Best Buy, this is where I hate the most.[/QUOTE]

This Week in History: The Great Touchpad Riots

[quote name='Clown069']hoping this weekend Best Buy will still have at least a case left, don't want to buy any accessories until i have the touchpad in hand.[/QUOTE]

same here but im still tempted too seeing as how many people now seem to have these things.

My HP Pad works perfectly, just took about an hour to even get the battery charge icon on screen. So if any of you get one and it doesn't turn on, just let it charge for an hour +/- and then it should be good.

Hmm i guess now i have to pay attention to accessories. Might scope out 5 Below like sp00ge suggested and see if i can find a touchstone somewhere. Bought a netbook at TRU the other week, so guess its safe to dump that now too.

[quote name='blindinglights']Has anyone tried installing Ubuntu on the touch pad?[/QUOTE]

tempted just for chrome. This browser is awful. It doesn't redirect very well. For example after logging into cag, it reloads the page as if I'm logged Ou
t
it seems to just load the cached page... Slowly.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hmm i guess now i have to pay attention to accessories. Might scope out 5 Below like sp00ge suggested and see if i can find a touchstone somewhere. Bought a netbook at TRU the other week, so guess its safe to dump that now too.[/QUOTE]

I missed the netbook from TRU so i was dedicated to get this lol

[quote name='linkbear']That is my goal for day 1 once I get the pad.[/QUOTE]

Stupid. webOS is already based on Linux and optimized for the device. You can already put homebrew apps on it with webOS. Why the hell would you want Ubuntu? So you can have even fewer dedicated apps available?

[quote name='confoosious']tempted just for chrome. This browser is awful. It doesn't redirect very well. For example after logging into cag, it reloads the page as if I'm logged Ou
t
it seems to just load the cached page... Slowly.[/QUOTE]

Try the Advanced Browser app with tabs and other features.

[quote name='confoosious']tempted just for chrome. This browser is awful. It doesn't redirect very well. For example after logging into cag, it reloads the page as if I'm logged out[/QUOTE]

Second that the browser isn't that great... I can't get Yucata.de to accept my "End Turns" (boardgame site), and while Flash seems to work ok, Amazon video doesn't really work (seems to just freeze the video and play the audio). I got Hulu to work, so I guess that's good.. but Netflix is obviously no good, and unlikely to ever get an app for it.

To be honest, while the tablet seems like an ok web browser (other than above issues), I'm not really sure what to do with it now that I have it... there's just not a ton of stuff to do with it at the moment, and I sort of helplessly look at all the cool apps I have for my iPhone and wish I could just bring them over... in other words, I sort of wish I just had an iPad instead. =)

E-mail? Eh.. I can check that on my iPhone just fine.

Oh well.. for $100/$150, guess I can't complain too much... I suppose that was kind of the point. Perhaps someone will get Android on it at some point and it'll become a bit more functional. For now, I'll probably just use it for watching Youtube videos while I'm working.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Anyone else with a touchpad try to watch hulu lately? It says this os is no longer supported! Yippeee[/QUOTE]

Thats not too surprising. All tablets and phones that have a user base larger than 2 eventually get their browser blocked by Hulu.

Ah well.. at least there are other (less legal) websites to watch TV shows on. Would've been nice to get Hulu but it doesn't necessarily ruin anything.

New Stanton is about 45 minutes away from Pittsburgh.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Mine has gone through New Stanton(which I believe is by Philly someplace) to Harrisburg(at least an hour or so away to the WEST) instead of heading to the north to my area.:roll:

At times I think UPS must employ some former USPS routing employees.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Stupid. webOS is already based on Linux and optimized for the device. You can already put homebrew apps on it with webOS. Why the hell would you want Ubuntu? So you can have even fewer dedicated apps available?[/QUOTE]

That seemed a little unnecessary. I like Ubuntu on my PC, and I would like to see its build on a tablet. webOS will always be there.

[quote name='IronZombie']For those that have it, is it true that Hulu no longer supports the OS?[/QUOTE]

Yep, HULU IS DEAD on the TouchPad now. A-holes. Never subscribing to Hulu now.

For anyone who have the HP TouchPad and want to watch their videos files can either try the beta out here or buy it.

Link to the forum with opinion on the product:
http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-apps/289020-kalemsoft-media-player-touchpad-9.html

Must have preware installed:
- When your on the webOS browser enter this
http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera_0.3.6_all.ipk
It will allow you to download the beta and test it out for a week i think.
So far it play my videos pretty good.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Yep, HULU IS DEAD on the TouchPad now. A-holes. Never subscribing to Hulu now.[/QUOTE]

I found a workaround. It depends on what you are trying to watch. If there is another website that is streams useing hulu, you can watch your episodes on there. E.g funimation.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Yep, HULU IS DEAD on the TouchPad now. A-holes. Never subscribing to Hulu now.[/QUOTE]
Damn. For me that was one of the selling points when purchasing this since I love catching up on my tv show backlog.

Like I said though, other websites do let you stream shows for free. Can anyone confirm whether they work or not?

[quote name='IronZombie']Damn. For me that was one of the selling points when purchasing this since I love catching up on my tv show backlog.

Like I said though, other websites do let you stream shows for free. Can anyone confirm whether they work or not?[/QUOTE]

Watching Samurai Champloo on funimation right now.

[quote name='floppywopper']Watching Samurai Champloo on funimation right now.[/QUOTE]
Good to know about Funimation.

But.. 8-[ any of those not-so-legal websites able to stream shows/movies?

[quote name='IronZombie']Good to know about Funimation.

But.. 8-[ any of those not-so-legal websites able to stream shows/movies?[/QUOTE]

You mean pr0n? Did it last night.

Wow, that sucks.. just used it yesterday. Blah.. one more thing that doesn't work in the browser.

Finally got one :) A store in Milwaukee got 97 of them from a 7pm truck. Employee tipped me about it at 10am when I called. Showed up at 6:30 and I was near the front of the line.

Strategy was to keep calling all 5 BB stores nearby until one employee would spill the beans on a possible shipment. I heard "We will not be receiving anymore HP TP's ever again" about 100x today. Same thing for Mon-Tue. What's funny is each of these 5 stores has been getting shipments from 10-100 TP's every other day since Sunday. I usually just politely say "Thank you" and hang up but a few times I asked them "why they are being told to tell me this?"

Wouldn't it be in BB's best interest to be honest with the ppl calling over and over again so that I am not wasting their time? Regardless of whether they think a line forming in the store is a bad thing it is happening at every store because someone is cracking and telling ppl. Maybe an employee telling a friend, who tells a friend, etc.

Even though they still will tell you "We will no longer be getting in shipments", without even asking I was told at the register, "If you want to buy another one, stop buy at 7pm, next Monday and Wednesday, we have more shipments coming". LOL, I guess some employees are just taking it upon themselves to inform ppl so they can take a break from the thousands of phone calls they get from ppl like me. I had a really great experience today at BB, hope they are going to stick with this honest approach going further.

[quote name='PaulDE01']New Stanton is about 45 minutes away from Pittsburgh.[/QUOTE]
That shows how well I know my own home state then, as I always thought it was closer to Philly.:lol::whistle2:# Either way, I still find it funny that it has had to go through two PA sorting facilities for UPS so far en route to my area and once it arrives here it'll have to go through the smaller local facility just down the road, which will then make it THREE sorting facilities just in my state alone.

But I guess they gotta keep the people employed at those places somehow, right? Even if it means there's that many more sets of hands manhandling my items before they're finally delivered to me.

[quote name='uffdabock']Finally got one :) A store in Milwaukee got 97 of them from a 7pm truck. Employee tipped me about it at 10am when I called. Showed up at 6:30 and I was near the front of the line.

Strategy was to keep calling all 5 BB stores nearby until one employee would spill the beans on a possible shipment. I heard "We will not be receiving anymore HP TP's ever again" about 100x today. Same thing for Mon-Tue. What's funny is each of these 5 stores has been getting shipments from 10-100 TP's every other day since Sunday. I usually just politely say "Thank you" and hang up but a few times I asked them "why they are being told to tell me this?"

Wouldn't it be in BB's best interest to be honest with the ppl calling over and over again so that I am not wasting their time? Regardless of whether they think a line forming in the store is a bad thing it is happening at every store because someone is cracking and telling ppl. Maybe an employee telling a friend, who tells a friend, etc.

Even though they still will tell you "We will no longer be getting in shipments", without even asking I was told at the register, "If you want to buy another one, stop buy at 7pm, next Monday and Wednesday, we have more shipments coming". LOL, I guess some employees are just taking it upon themselves to inform ppl so they can take a break from the thousands of phone calls they get from ppl like me. I had a really great experience today at BB, hope they are going to stick with this honest approach going further.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa! Where in Milwaukee?

[quote name='floppywopper']You mean pr0n? Did it last night.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha no no, pr0n is very much legal.. depending on your source. I mean actual TV show streaming on 3rd party free websites.

[quote name='IronZombie']Hahaha no no, pr0n is very much legal.. depending on your source. I mean actual TV show streaming on 3rd party free websites.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried Crackle.com? It's a site with mostly Sony owned properties, I believe. I was watching episodes of The Three Stooges on my PS3 through it's web browser on that site last week.

Although some of the episodes of some of the shows may have commercials interspersed between 'segments' of the shows. That's what happened with the Three Stooges episodes I was watching.

Still though, it's not a bad site for free tv shows.;) Mind ya, the newest stuff on there is Dexter and another normally 'premium channel' show. Otherwise there's a lot of TV Land/Nick At Nite type stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have you tried Crackle.com? It's a site with mostly Sony owned properties, I believe. I was watching episodes of The Three Stooges on my PS3 through it's web browser on that site last week.

Although some of the episodes of some of the shows may have commercials interspersed between 'segments' of the shows. That's what happened with the Three Stooges episodes I was watching.

Still though, it's not a bad site for free tv shows.;)[/QUOTE]
lol will check it out when the TP comes in. I guess I'll just wait and see with the tv show streaming thing. I know technically it's copyrighted material and blah blah but I have cable on my TV and I have the premium channels of the shows I follow.. so is it still stealing if I stream it online even though I've already paid for it? lol that is the question.

Oh man it's the legendary CheapestGamer in the WPP(Witness Protection Program) ya feel me? ;-)

But seriously, is it just Best Buy and Office Depot or have others found them at K-Mart and Sears as well?

76th Southridge store. Lets see I might have some more tips for you.
Memomenee Falls store said they are getting some by Monday for sure. Maybe Thursday night. Brookfield Square, Mayfair Mall and Foxpoint all said they won't be getting anymore but I doubt that. Like I said I heard that all day today even from the Southridge store and they got 97. Foxpoint got 26 on Tuesday 7pm, I just missed that getting there at 8:30. Yea it took over an hour for 26 to sell!

Somehow the one guy I got to talk to at Southridge knew the exact number they were getting and the exact time, so if a rep gives you some cliche statement, just call back and hope for someone else. Some of the employees know and most of them could find out but they are being trained not to give any details. Generally, it seems like the shipment trucks come in at 7pm or early in the morning. So get there right at or slightly before 7pm or when it opens at 10am.

So to recap, I'd say Southridge is going to be your best bet, it's a big store, hence why they got 97, and they told me they are definitely getting more in a future shipment.

[quote name='uffdabock']76th Southridge store. Lets see I might have some more tips for you.
Memomenee Falls store said they are getting some by Monday for sure. Maybe Thursday night. Brookfield Square, Mayfair Mall and Foxpoint all said they won't be getting anymore but I doubt that. Like I said I heard that all day today even from the Southridge store and they got 97. Foxpoint got 26 on Tuesday 7pm, I just missed that getting there at 8:30. Yea it took over an hour for 26 to sell!

Somehow the one guy I got to talk to at Southridge knew the exact number they were getting and the exact time, so if a rep gives you some cliche statement, just call back and hope for someone else. Some of the employees know and most of them could find out but they are being trained not to give any details. Generally, it seems like the shipment trucks come in at 7pm or early in the morning. So get there right at or slightly before 7pm or when it opens at 10am.

So to recap, I'd say Southridge is going to be your best bet, it's a big store, hence why they got 97, and they told me they are definitely getting more in a future shipment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot man, might have just made my hunt a whole lot easier. :D

bb still getting these? how do they sell out so fast if they come in on mystery shipments... that many people in milwaukee hounding bb?!

[quote name='bug_nuts']bb still getting these? how do they sell out so fast if they come in on mystery shipments... that many people in milwaukee hounding bb?![/QUOTE]

Yes. The ones in my area are almost getting shipments everyday. They sell them as fast and they can unload the trucks. Down here in Riverside, CA.

okay, first i ordered then got this: "Due to the large volume of orders, we have sold out of the HP TouchPad. Your order was placed on Monday/Tuesday after the Sold Out message was posted on our webstore; therefore, we cannot fulfill your request and will be cancelling your order in the next 24 hours. You may have seen a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card. No actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released as soon as the order is cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience. blablabla HP" ------ A day later i received an invoice from [email protected]: with the item#, customer acct. #, web order/customer PO #, order date, carrier, and all the pricing crap. -------- Now at this point I don't know what to believe. I'm sorry if this has been the 200th time of this question being asked but I dont really want to search all 200 posts. My question is do you think they are actually going to send the product or should i get to best buy early tomorrow? Once again, I apologize for the annoying noob question.

[quote name='Sarang01']
But seriously, is it just Best Buy and Office Depot or have others found them at K-Mart and Sears as well?[/QUOTE]

My Kmart shipment is on it's way.

[quote name='Dkellar']The HP site just put up out of stock buttons...odd.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Out of Stock now instead of Coming Soon. A curious update.

bread's done
Back