HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be incredibly awesome is if HP blocked all of the IPs that had orders go through the first time. I'm not talking a complete block from the site, but when the customer goes to place an order, a message pops up stating "someone from this IP has already made a successful order, share the wealth" :)

Has best buy instituted some sort of purchase limit? Mine has some touchpads but I live in a populated area and don't want to waste my time if people are only limited by their credit.

[quote name='SynGamer']What would be incredibly awesome is if HP blocked all of the IPs that had orders go through the first time. I'm not talking a complete block from the site, but when the customer goes to place an order, a message pops up stating "someone from this IP has already made a successful order, share the wealth" :)[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, the message would more likely read "We see you have a proxy. Congratulations on your 4th order" ;)

I'm sitting outside of a best buy now that shows the 16 gig in stock. It showed both in stock after closing but now the 32 is showing out of stock. I'm the only one waiting here, but it's still 2 hours and 10 minutes till it opens. Heres hoping the employees don't stash them all and I can get one. Will post results.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Has best buy instituted some sort of purchase limit? Mine has some touchpads but I live in a populated area and don't want to waste my time if people are only limited by their credit.[/QUOTE]

The stores are instructed to sell one per customer. Now, I don't know if they will follow that.

I would bet HP will set up a limit to 1 per order or maybe up to 3 per household/address. I can see this being a nightmare for HP if they do not institute some type of limit.

[quote name='dutch72']I'm sitting outside of a best buy now that shows the 16 gig in stock. It showed both in stock after closing but now the 32 is showing out of stock. I'm the only waiting here, but it's still 2 hours and 10 minutes till it opens. Heres hoping the employees don't stash them all and I can get one. Will post results.[/QUOTE]

Knockout an employee walking to the front doors and take their blue shirt. Put it on and act like it's your first day. Then, go secure your TP!

Got this from amazon about onsale

Even though canceled orders no longer appear in Your Account, buyers can still leave feedback for sellers who cancel their order. Here's how:

1. In Your Account, click the "Leave Seller Feedback" button under the order section.

2. On the next page, your Marketplace orders will appear. You can mouse over the stars of the appropriate order and click the rating of your choice - based on your purchasing experience.

3. You will then have the opportunity to answer a few optional questions and leave comments about your experience for other prospective customers to see.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: Anyone in Syracuse(NY) area, the DeWitt store is now coming up as IN STORE ONLY.

Last night, it was the Carousel Center store showing in stock.

Just a heads up for those in the area.;)

Here's stock locator links for both the 16gb and 32gb models(may require you to switch browsers and/or delete cache/cookies to get them to work right):

I've also posted the SKU's in brackets in the event you want to just have a BB employee look them up in store for you.

16gb(SKU:2842056): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

32gb(SKU:2842092): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

I literally work walking distance from the store but can't get out there until 11. I hope they last an hour...

[quote name='SynGamer']What would be incredibly awesome is if HP blocked all of the IPs that had orders go through the first time. I'm not talking a complete block from the site, but when the customer goes to place an order, a message pops up stating "someone from this IP has already made a successful order, share the wealth" :)[/QUOTE]Impractical because people in corporate network situations where all the traffic goes thru a proxy/filter show as a single IP. Your idea would mean that only the first person at that company could order and everyone would be SOL. Bad idea. Just limit one per SKU per customer. Say what you will about Beast Buy, at least they're preventing Ferengis/El Hoardos from getting first in line and snatching up all the stock.

I never got a solid answer last night: A store a few minutes from my work I can easily pass by shows nothing, but a store 7 miles away shows stock. Is it worth driving to the far one and getting in line or not?

[quote name='DirkBelig']Impractical because people in corporate network situations where all the traffic goes thru a proxy/filter show as a single IP. Your idea would mean that only the first person at that company could order and everyone would be SOL. Bad idea. Just limit one per SKU per customer. Say what you will about Beast Buy, at least they're preventing Ferengis/El Hoardos from getting first in line and snatching up all the stock.

I never got a solid answer last night: A store a few minutes from my work I can easily pass by shows nothing, but a store 7 miles away shows stock. Is it worth driving to the far one and getting in line or not?[/QUOTE]
I'd go to the further store. It's only like 10 minutes further. The closer one has no stock. At least at the other you have a shot.

Granted, the stock checker online hasn't been dead on, but it's been pretty accurate as for as out of stock goes.

stock checker shows a store about 30 minutes away has some 16/32... but it was that way at 6pm last night. Called and they were like, we've been getting calls all day, and no, we don't have any, and aren't getting any more.

I, foolishly wanting to believe in the general intelligence of humanity, took their word for it. You'd think if they had actual stock yesterday, they would've sold it in the 3-4 hours before closing. But it still shows "in store only".

Has anybody heard anything about Small Business orders (placed mine Sunday early afternoon)? I haven't heard anything in three days. Still have pending charges on my CC but no order conf.

Also has people had a rough time canceling orders though HP what have the phone wait times been for people?

Congrats to everybody getting them tho but I'm about to give up...

[quote name='vanlandw']Has anybody heard anything about Small Business orders (placed mine Sunday early afternoon)? I haven't heard anything in three days. Still have pending charges on my CC but no order conf.

Also has people had a rough time canceling orders though HP what have the phone wait times been for people?

Congrats to everybody getting them tho but I'm about to give up...[/QUOTE]

i am in same situation says call the center, cant get through even with calling at exactly 7am cst still on hold for 20 min so far

[quote name='vanlandw']Has anybody heard anything about Small Business orders (placed mine Sunday early afternoon)? I haven't heard anything in three days. Still have pending charges on my CC but no order conf.

Congrats to everybody getting them tho but I'm about to give up...[/QUOTE]From what I was told when I talked with them yesterday, they said that if you don't see a shipping notification or other email update by tomorrow afternoon, you should call them to check status.

[quote name='velvet396']stock checker shows a store about 30 minutes away has some 16/32... but it was that way at 6pm last night. Called and they were like, we've been getting calls all day, and no, we don't have any, and aren't getting any more.

I, foolishly wanting to believe in the general intelligence of humanity, took their word for it. You'd think if they had actual stock yesterday, they would've sold it in the 3-4 hours before closing. But it still shows "in store only".[/QUOTE]

My store is showing 32GB in stock, I am trying to see if my wife will go wait for them to open.

If their website is saying one thing and the store saying another, what does that mean? I have a feeling it means the employees are hoarding.

30 minutes into the wait and there 4 people inline behind me. Couple other people getting out of their cars as they see a line forming.

I'm willing to pay $130-140 for a 16GB shipped, if anyone is interested. I give the range to compensate for shipping costs...My case and screen protector are actually quite nice for having only paid $7 on eBay...

[quote name='shrike4242']From what I was told when I talked with them yesterday, they said that if you don't see a shipping notification or other email update by tomorrow afternoon, you should call them to check status.[/QUOTE]

lol good luck getting them on the phone

[quote name='shrike4242']From what I was told when I talked with them yesterday, they said that if you don't see a shipping notification or other email update by tomorrow afternoon, you should call them to check status.[/QUOTE]

Thanks shrike. Have one BB in my area that shows "In Store Only" so I'll check that after work. If I get one I'll cancel if not I'll let the cards ride.

Again good luck everybody

[quote name='newbslice']Got this from amazon about onsale

Even though canceled orders no longer appear in Your Account, buyers can still leave feedback for sellers who cancel their order. Here's how:

1. In Your Account, click the "Leave Seller Feedback" button under the order section.

2. On the next page, your Marketplace orders will appear. You can mouse over the stars of the appropriate order and click the rating of your choice - based on your purchasing experience.

3. You will then have the opportunity to answer a few optional questions and leave comments about your experience for other prospective customers to see.[/QUOTE]

Should be quoted for every page.

edit: ...even though it's not working for me.

Hey gang:

Does anyone know of a good DVD ripper program? I'm trying to load up some box sets I haven't been able to watch.. I would like to rip them directly to an .avi and use the HP app to watch them back..

It will make the train rides to work much easier to deal with..

Thanks

[quote name='cochesecochese']Should be quoted for every page.

edit: ...even though it's not working for me.[/QUOTE]

Ya I tried it after I posted it and it didn't work maybe there is a 3 day rule before cancelled.orders.show up idk.amazon customer service has been crappy dealing with the issue, they told me 7-10 days before I can see the funds back into my account

For everyone lucky enough to have a shiny new Touchpad, be aware that the SNES app (emulator) has been modified for the Touchpad, despite the fact that it does not say "For Touchpad" in the appstore. I have found a few apps like this that run full-screen on the TP. The SNES emulator works great for me, I probably won't even flash Android over WebOS now (unless they offer a dual boot).

Same, I ordered on the 21st and I have the authorization charge on my card and no confirmation e-mail yet or shipment e-mail.

[quote name='kevgret']Hey gang:

Does anyone know of a good DVD ripper program? I'm trying to load up some box sets I haven't been able to watch.. I would like to rip them directly to an .avi and use the HP app to watch them back..

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Handbrake is probably hands down the best ripper/encoding program out there...To remove the copy protection so you can successfully rip a DVD on a PC you would need a separate decoder program, though...I've heard programs like DVD43 or AnyDVD are good and free, but I don't use them.

I feel you man. I'm in the EXACT same boat....being in limbo sucks

[quote name='kevgret']Hey gang:

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Slysoft.com. You need clone DVD and Any DVD it works great. There's a 2 week trial as well

Traffic was bad coming in, so I was late for work (no one knows) and I've got a ton of work, so driving to the far store and waiting in line is impossible. I'm going to have to get there close to opening and hope not many people are waiting.

[quote name='streydogg781']lol good luck getting them on the phone[/QUOTE]I called them at 800 888 5858, option 1, and spoke with someone within a few minutes.

[quote name='vanlandw']Thanks shrike. Have one BB in my area that shows "In Store Only" so I'll check that after work. If I get one I'll cancel if not I'll let the cards ride.

Again good luck everybody[/QUOTE]My order was the 21st as well, around 10AM PT, and the rep I spoke with said that there is a TP allocated to my order, it's just pending being boxed and shipped. Email notifications are lagging behind due to the order volume they're working through.

So my local Best Buy just updated saying that they have both "In Store Only" they don't open until 10 and all through the night it has said "Unavailable" can I take it that they recently got some in? It's about a 45 minute drive for me, should I take the chance?

[quote name='cosmo2389']So my local Best Buy just updated saying that they have both "In Store Only" they don't open until 10 and all through the night it has said "Unavailable" can I take it that they recently got some in? It's about a 45 minute drive for me, should I take the chance?[/QUOTE]

No. HP is going to put more on sale, save yourself the gas and trouble of getting there and having a line of people waiting out the store.

[quote name='cosmo2389']So my local Best Buy just updated saying that they have both "In Store Only" they don't open until 10 and all through the night it has said "Unavailable" can I take it that they recently got some in? It's about a 45 minute drive for me, should I take the chance?[/QUOTE]

I am having the exact opposite problem. All night it said In Store Only and not it says Unavailable...

[quote name='shrike4242']I called them at 800 888 5858, option 1, and spoke with someone within a few minutes.

My order was the 21st as well, around 10AM PT, and the rep I spoke with said that there is a TP allocated to my order, it's just pending being boxed and shipped. Email notifications are lagging behind due to the order volume they're working through.[/QUOTE]

I did option 1 but more choices come up, what other one did you choose?

[quote name='ijustw1n']No. HP is going to put more on sale, save yourself the gas and trouble of getting there and having a line of people waiting out the store.[/QUOTE]

Sure, as long as you are willing to sit on HP's site pressing F5 every few minutes. Once they get them in stock it will be just as bad.

Anybody get an update from HP small business lately? I placed an order early Sunday morning (6 am), got a confirmation number and the followup e-mail, but nothing else yet.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I did option 1 but more choices come up, what other one did you choose?[/QUOTE]Option 1, for computers, if I remember correctly.

So, screen protectors. I found some at Wal Mart but they are (imo anyway, although most accessories for stuff like this are overpriced imo) still a little expensive and they are ribbed, wtf? The ones at Best Buy are on sale for $25 but that still seems too much, especially when the case itself is on sale for $25.

Any suggestions? Any new sales I'm missing out on? I have Wal Mart, Best Buy, and Staples near by that sell this stuff...my Target had nothing TouchPad related.

Well I'm an hour into the wait..only an hour left and the line has grown to over 30 people.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Sure, as long as you are willing to sit on HP's site pressing F5 every few minutes. Once they get them in stock it will be just as bad.[/QUOTE]

No, you sign up to be notified and put the HP lady on twitter on text alert to your phone. Then you relax. If you drive 1.5 hours back and forth to a best buy just to find out there's 20 people in line or there never was stock, is stupid. Everyone who wants a tablet at this price will be able to get it.

[quote name='berserker01']If one of my order don't go through i'm going on a murderous rampage... starting with Barnes & Noble! I'm never going to buy anything from them as long as i live!!!!![/QUOTE]

Did you before this? Have you not heard of this little site called Amazon?

bread's done
Back