HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally...success! At my local Best Buy! Kept calling all day yesterday and rep said we 'might or might not' get a shipment of HP TouchPads in at 6 PM. Made a decision to skip the gym and get over there! There was already a group starting, when we started a formal line I was the 14th person and my gf was the 15th. By the time 6 PM rolled up there was nearly 100 people in line. Tickets were finally handed out for both versions, my gf and I missed getting 32 gb TouchPads by 2 people! We were the 1st to be handed 16 mb TouchPad tickets. So close but it's ok! We finally got ours! I feel bad for most of the folks in the rest of the line after us. All the store got was about 30-35 of both versions in stock, 15 32 gb, and 15-20 16 gb. About 70 people were turned away.

First time skipping the gym actually paid off. Manager said that this was the absolute last shipment of HP TouchPads this particular Best Buy was getting.

On a side note....for some reason R&B singer Babyface was in store getting service from Geek Squad! No joke!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']In regards to following the Twitter girl, how do you sign up for text alerts? I can have push notifications sent to my Twitter app but haven't seen any option to have a text sent to my phone.[/QUOTE]

Next to where it says "following" is a small icon of a cellphone that you want to click so it turns green. I couldnt do it on my phones mobile web version, I had to do it from a pc =/

[quote name='rexflexall']Finally...success! At my local Best Buy! Kept calling all day yesterday and rep said we 'might or might not' get a shipment of HP TouchPads in at 6 PM. Made a decision to skip the gym and get over there! There was already a group starting, when we started a formal line I was the 14th person and my gf was the 15th. By the time 6 PM rolled up there was nearly 100 people in line. Tickets were finally handed out for both versions, my gf and I missed getting 32 mb TouchPads by 2 people! We were the 1st to be handed 16 mb TouchPad tickets. So close but it's ok! We finally got ours! I feel bad for most of the folks in the rest of the line after us. All the store got was about 30-35 of both versions in stock, 15 32 gb, and 15-20 16 gb. About 70 people were turned away.

First time skipping the gym actually paid off. Manager said that this was the absolute last shipment of HP TouchPads this particular Best Buy was getting.

On a side note....for some reason R&B singer Babyface was in store getting service from Geek Squad! No joke![/QUOTE]

I couldn't pick Babyface out of a lineup so I wouldn't even know if they were standing next to me. :lol:

[quote name='linkbear']And the West Hollywood BB had 3... 3. At least they came out at 630 and told the 20 or so of us in line.

I'm starting to think BB just doesn't like LA.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're there now? This early? :hot:

[quote name='Ed_']Dude, you're there now? This early? :hot:[/QUOTE]

I got there at 545. I was about 20th in line. No BBs in LA really showing stock anywhere...a lot of people live here, so gota figure a lot of people want one. My 545 arrival didn't even work

[quote name='McNutsack']Next to where it says "following" is a small icon of a cellphone that you want to click so it turns green. I couldnt do it on my phones mobile web version, I had to do it from a pc =/[/QUOTE]

Thanks. PC worked.

[quote name='linkbear']I got there at 545. I was about 20th in line. No BBs in LA really showing stock anywhere...a lot of people live here, so gota figure a lot of people want one. My 545 arrival didn't even work[/QUOTE]

Well that saves me a trip ;)

[quote name='jdrasin']A Best Buy manager mentioned there were none in the Baltimore/Washington area and no more coming. FWIW[/QUOTE]
Was he hurriedly closing his car trunk when you asked him?

[quote name='Pookymeister']checked HPs site and saw buttons changed to Out of Stock - thought i missed it, but don't see any chatter about it yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Sufuma']Just got back from the Best Buy in Citrus Park.
They had 3 left and I was there early enough to get the second one.[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT!!! I hate having to work during things like this. To top it off, I'm a teacher and it's not like I could have gotten a sub during the first week of school.

[quote name='Vader582']Was he hurriedly closing his car trunk when you asked him?[/QUOTE]

HP tape sticking out of the trunk like a canary and a cat.

-----

Advanced browser is 2.99 right? I'm too cheap.

Fenway had NOTHING - the manager went outside and said they had nothing and I was crying....on the inside of course ;).....

I headed straight over to Watertown like I was going to before my friend coaxed me into going to Fenway since it said they had stock...dropped 4 quarters on parking in Fenway too.....

I DID get something over there though! Said unavailable though. However, I was going to get another one by waiting in the back of the line and going again but...no deal :cry:

I drove over to my my girlfriend's house and I woke her up, seeing as she would benefit more than I would as she isn't American - using Japanese is easy with tablets for translating I would assume...I was driving over and it was hard to figure out if I should though seeing as I love its tech......but seeing her smiling face and her realizing that I gave her the last one and then calling me back after realizing what happened since she was tired (I woke her up) made my day start great :bouncy:

I just wish I could have one for myself but if others don't have the means of one yet, maybe I shouldn't try...I don't know - the BB employees were stacking up before I got there apparently...fucking Geek Squad each had 2-3 :bomb::bomb::bomb::headache::headache::evil:

Anyways - just because it says its available online doesn't mean that there isn't anything - that being because of how the other store said to me IN PERSON that they have no more....sadly I am moving away tomorrow at 8AM and won't be able to try my luck again :cry:

Good luck to you all in the Boston area though! :bouncy:

Sounds about right. Regardless of the whole tablet fiasco the employees at Watertown Best Buy are some of the biggest douches I've ever met in my life, bar fucking none. Seems to run through every department as well.

You didn't happen to notice if they had any of the accessories in stock did you? I'm too cheap to double dip on shipping for a keyboard/wall charger after ordering a case.

I think HP's sale will be today. I'm putting my stock in getting a 32gb from there since SMB is telling me three weeks to ship.

Just got back from the Winter Garden, FL location where they had 27 16GB and 28 32GB models. Got there at 7:10am and was 23rd in line. If you weren't there by 7:30am, you had no chance. They had to turn almost 100 people away.

SUCCESS!!

Went to my local Best Buy at 9:30, there were already about 20 people in line. I was a tiny bit discouraged, but when I walked up someone pointed me to an employee standing in the door handing out numbers to people, each number representing a TouchPad they had in stock. I thought that was pretty awesome; no standing around trying not to give evil looks to our competitors. If we had a number, we were guaranteed a TouchPad. They opened the doors around 9:45 to go ahead and get us all in and out as quickly as possible. I thought it was handled very well!

Ended up with a 32GB and a keyboard. I wanted to buy a 16GB for my roommate but they said one per person. I didn't want to argue that they were different skus, so I left it at that.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I think HP's sale will be today. I'm putting my stock in getting a 32gb from there since SMB is telling me three weeks to ship.[/QUOTE]

Things like this annoy me the most about HP, If the SMB order has been placed, why not use the stock that just came in to fill those orders, rather than take new ones and make people wait 3 weeks?

130 (70 of the 16GB and 60 of the 32GB) in stock at BestBuy Jersey City NJ this morning. Got there at 7:30AM and was 44th in line lol. Was still able to get it. WINNING! Go Jersey:)

PS
Theyre sold out now. :cry:

[quote name='hhhdx4']I don't see what the issue people have with employees getting them, last I checked they were still people and had to pay for them.[/QUOTE]
When employees have 3 or 4 and everyone is only supposed to get 1, that's a problem.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I don't see what the issue people have with employees getting them, last I checked they were still people and had to pay for them.[/QUOTE]

It violates the policy I believe and more importantly it SHOULD leave a mark on the site saying they have them in stock. So while its more work for them... how hard is it to say "we dont have any" and crush MANY peoples hopes just so they can profit.

True. But from what I've heard Best Buy monitors what their employees buy so an employee wouldn't be able to hoard all the TouchPads for themselves and try to sell them.

Got mine at Best Buy this morning, they got a fresh shipment of 100 this morning in Central NJ. Got the 32GB model and a case/screen protector on Amazon. Good stuff =)

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']130 (70 of the 16GB and 60 of the 32GB) in stock at BestBuy Jersey City NJ this morning. Got there at 7:30AM and was 44th in line lol. Was still able to get it. WINNING! Go Jersey:)

PS
Theyre sold out now. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hah I just came back from there!

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']130 (70 of the 16GB and 60 of the 32GB) in stock at BestBuy Jersey City NJ this morning. Got there at 7:30AM and was 44th in line lol. Was still able to get it. WINNING! Go Jersey:)

PS
Theyre sold out now. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Lucky you ... thanks for posting that they're sold out, I was about to drive there at lunch time.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This is saying the Touchpad supports USB 3.0. I tried Googling it but couldn't find any concrete information. Does anyone know if its true that the Touchpad supports 3.0?

Edit-nevermind, they're full of shit. The port on the Touchpad is the wrong form factor to accept a 3.0 mini cable.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they meant WebOS 3.0, but what do I know.

You aren't supposed to buy them during your shift. They do.

u should read a few posts back where geek squad dorks were buying 3-4 each.
on a sidenote, yesterday a frys csr told me someone from the home audio dept bought 10. fuck that guy.

[quote name='hustletron']Pretty sure they meant WebOS 3.0, but what do I know.[/QUOTE]

The TouchPad also features a front-facing camera for video chat such as Skype and USB 3.0

They certainly said it but yeah you're probably right they probably meant to say WebOS. I got kind of excited for a minute there because my new laptop has a USB 3.0 port.

while I was waiting in line an employee walked to the door ( he wasnt wearing his uniform) and asked if he could come in the store without his uniform on. The guy at the door asked if he was there for a touchpad, he replied yes and was told he would have to stand in line like everyone else. Typed from my touchpad

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They certainly said it but yeah you're probably right they probably meant to say WebOS. I got kind of excited for a minute there because my new laptop has a USB 3.0 port.[/QUOTE]

Well just based on the fact that USB 3.0 is still relatively new and the TP launched in July of this month, I doubt it would be USB 3.0.

From the HP website specs list:

Charge with microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi speed
3.5mmStereo headset/headphone/microphone jack

Doesn't mention anything about a regular size USB much less 3.0.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They certainly said it but yeah you're probably right they probably meant to say WebOS. I got kind of excited for a minute there because my new laptop has a USB 3.0 port.[/QUOTE]

HP's website states it has USB 2.0.

Hmm...I wonder what peoples reaction would be if I waited in line at Best Buy and was passing the time by playing on my Touchpad. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Dkellar']HP's website states it has USB 2.0.

Hmm...I wonder what peoples reaction would be if I waited in line at Best Buy and was passing the time by playing on my Touchpad. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I would love to see the reactions, but at the same time BB might kick you...then again, you bought it elsewhere, not that day, so yeah, do it :D

Well, I finally got a response from my 16GB I ordered for standard shipping at 5:28pm EDT on Sunday. It shipped and I just checked Amazon and it will be here today! :hot: :lol: :bouncy:

The dilemma is do I leave them bad feedback for the time it took or be thankful I won the Touchpad lottery?:whistle2:k :whistle2:s

Has anyone actually received a touch pad from HP's HPA store? The only thing they've shipped thus far is the $5 junk item I ordered to get $30 off. The wait is killing me.

man i think i am destined to not get one of these. Multiple online orders cancelled, striking out at best buys. This could not go any worse, DAMN

bread's done
Back