HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
So a best buy near me will have them tomorrow when they open. People will obviously be waiting at the door. How early would anyone on here suggest to go wait in line. They open at 10. I was thinking that I would have to get one if I was there at 7. Anyone agree? Could I go later or should I go earlier? Opinions please.

My local Walmart has 3 of the touchstones and at least 3 of the HP cases. Unfortunately they are trying to sell at full price and would not even think of price matching their website. I just got my touchpad today and really wanted the touchpad to use the touchpad as an alarm clock.

[quote name='bizman316']So a best buy near me will have them tomorrow when they open. People will obviously be waiting at the door. How early would anyone on here suggest to go wait in line. They open at 10. I was thinking that I would have to get one if I was there at 7. Anyone agree? Could I go later or should I go earlier? Opinions please.[/QUOTE]
Between 7-8, the earlier the better.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']You will be lucky to get $200 for the 16 gig. Honestly.[/QUOTE]
The 16 gigs are selling for over $250 on eBay.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Except every single auction has ended over $200, with most over $230 and some over $250. if you're going to say something, do try and back it up[/QUOTE]

He might have meant after fees.

[quote name='bizman316']So a best buy near me will have them tomorrow when they open. People will obviously be waiting at the door. How early would anyone on here suggest to go wait in line. They open at 10. I was thinking that I would have to get one if I was there at 7. Anyone agree? Could I go later or should I go earlier? Opinions please.[/QUOTE]

Depends if in a bigger city or not. I've gone at 830 (smaller city) and 545 (middle of very large city) the past two days and been dinged both times.

[quote name='iggypop123']anyone who ordered from barnes and noble get a 20 buck gift card?[/QUOTE]

Yep, just checked my email and they sent me a $20 e-gift card. Nice!

Dear Michael,

This past weekend, BN.com experienced a technical inventory error for the HP TouchPad combined with an unprecedented customer demand for its newly discounted price. Unfortunately, this generated more customer orders than we had inventory, resulting in our cancelling some customer orders, including yours, as we notified you earlier this week. If there was a pending authorization against your debit or credit card for the order, we have worked to quickly reverse that no later than today. You will not be charged for this order.

I want to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology to you as a valued customer of BN.com. We care deeply about serving our customers, and in an expression of our commitment to you please accept the $20 Barnes & Noble eGift Card below for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The card can be used for any merchandise available at BN.com or in any of our bookstores.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,
John Foley
President, BN.com

[quote name='linkbear']Depends if in a bigger city or not. I've gone at 830 (smaller city) and 545 (middle of very large city) the past two days and been dinged both times.[/QUOTE]

I showed up literally 10 minutes before a store here in San Antonio opened, and i ended up getting one. There was a line of about 50 people in front of me when i arrived....

So, its a crapshoot, really.

[quote name='iggypop123']anyone who ordered from barnes and noble get a 20 buck gift card?[/QUOTE]

As of right now.. I haven't gotten an email yet..

[quote name='linkbear']He might have meant after fees.[/QUOTE]

After fees it'd still be over $200 in most cases. Also I highly doubt that's what he was saying.

[quote name='Nagasami']OnSale should have been like B&N and send out GIFT CARD!!![/QUOTE]

No what onsale should have done was order more stock from hp to fill all of our orders instead of cancelling

If you're going to wait, just go way early like 6:00AM - 6:30AM. Might as well do it right and guarantee you a copy IF they have it in stock. Besides, what's an extra hour if it's going to get you one?

[quote name='Nagasami']OnSale should have been like B&N and send out GIFT CARD!!![/QUOTE]

Depends on the GC. I don't think any of us would have much use for an OnSale GC...

[quote name='Maxdenver']You are just plain stupid.
The $200 refers to the profit he would make. As stated here, " I have to say, I am excited to get mine tomorrow... but there's this nagging little voice in the back of my mind saying 'You could get $300 for this and be up $200 by monday night...'"

So if he paid $100 for it, then he would have to sell it for $330 on ebay to make $200.
$330-$30 fees-$100 original cost = $200

Original poster to that was correct.[/QUOTE]

Uh, actually you're the stupid one here who can't even follow the fucking conversation.

I replied to someone who specifically said

"You will be lucky to get $200 for the 16 gig. Honestly."

Do you think he was talking about $200 profit margin there???? or how much one could sell it for? Because CLEARLY he is talking about how much he thinks the other person could sell it for and CLEARLY I am replying to that person saying he could sell it for more (which is 100% fact). What part of my statement was incorrect in regards to THAT reply? I love the irony of you insulting me here. fucking hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:
Came today to find my HP paper:roll:

Good news is that the order status says I should get the tablet tomorrow:bouncy:.

And the Bestbuy stories are insane. Makes me wonder if things would've been better if BB HAD returned their stock to HP

Wow. The tension sure is mounting on this thread. Seems that peeps who received them have posted as such and left. Ones who are still hopeful/waiting to receive still have a good attitude.

The rest seem to have given up or had orders canceled and are taking it out on fellow CAGgers after searching for 5 days.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Wow. The tension sure is mounting on this thread. Seems that peeps who received them have posted as such and left. Ones who are still hopeful/waiting to receive still have a good attitude.

The rest seem to have given up or had orders canceled and are taking it out on fellow CAGgers after searching for 5 days.[/QUOTE]

I still read the thread. I like seeing what other Cags have to say.

[quote name='rbarba4']Came today to find my HP paper:roll:

Good news is that the order status says I should get the tablet tomorrow:bouncy:.

And the Bestbuy stories are insane. Makes me wonder if things would've been better if BB HAD returned their stock to HP[/QUOTE]

my paper and my pad are going to come tomorrow too!
thing is, i missed it today cause i was at work.
fuck..:cry:

[quote name='sassylaurie']Wow. The tension sure is mounting on this thread. Seems that peeps who received them have posted as such and left. Ones who are still hopeful/waiting to receive still have a good attitude.

The rest seem to have given up or had orders canceled and are taking it out on fellow CAGgers after searching for 5 days.[/QUOTE]

It's not but soooo bad, The only thing that pisses people off are the posts that...

"HERP DERP I ORDERED 7 AND ONLY GOT 1 FML GOING TO KILL MYSELF"

or the newer "DURKA DURKA I GOT 3 SELLING EACH FOR 3425252 DOLLARS ON EFAIL DOOP DOOOP DOOP"

So ya the people who are trying to get just one are really wanting to kick a puppy or drown a kitten.

:D

I live on a nice secluded cul de sac, and thankfully ups and fedex men just leave packages at my door even if it requires a signature. The benefits of living behind a bunch of fence and gate and having your front door hidden from the street ;) ive never been home when a ups man delivers. Are they requiring signatures on this stuff or what?

[quote name='shrike4242']The whole hunt for the TouchPad at BB is like a flash mob with a crack habit.[/QUOTE]

lmao best laugh I had all day :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']Except every single auction has ended over $200, with most over $230 and some over $250. if you're going to say something, do try and back it up[/QUOTE]

this

i have already have one TP and another one coming yet im still reading this thread. not good since i just started school D:

and are some of you guys going to BB randomly to see if they have it in stock or because of the inventory checker? best of luck!

[quote name='Joartrak']lmao best laugh I had all day :D[/QUOTE]Seeing all the pics and experiencing it a little first hand on Tuesday, it's how it appears to me.

One person finds out they're in stock somewhere, they tell their friends, who tell their friends, and so on. Next thing you know, there's a hundred people outside the door of a Best Buy, looking like they're hunting down the last crack rocks on the planet. That, or zombies looking for brains.

I'm giving up frantically pursuing these things. In order for me to purchase one now, it'll just have to walk up and kick me, such as getting one from HP.com at a time of my convenience, or walking into BestBuy and them having a desolate table advertising them, or perhaps casually spotting one on eBay for cost + shipping. Those things will probably never happen, but at least I can breathe again.

[quote name='cRodz']my paper and my pad are going to come tomorrow too!
thing is, i missed it today cause i was at work.
fuck..:cry:[/QUOTE]

Did yours ship out from Mississippi? Both of my items shipped from there but they did it in separate packages. Big tease opening that big box to only find the paper

[quote name='shrike4242']The whole hunt for the TouchPad at BB is like a flash mob with a crack habit.[/QUOTE]

So a normal BF feeding frenzy;). Only it's been going on all week

Personally I don't "need" one, but the geek in me wants one because it'd be cool to have for the price and I'm feeding into the geek pressure/hype of getting one. I don't plan on waiting in any lines for one or anything, I'm just relying on hp.com putting them up. If I miss it, no sweat.

I did get $20 from BN for my order late on Monday so it's been worth it already :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Seeing all the pics and experiencing it a little first hand on Tuesday, it's how it appears to me.

One person finds out they're in stock somewhere, they tell their friends, who tell their friends, and so on. Next thing you know, there's a hundred people outside the door of a Best Buy, looking like they're hunting down the last crack rocks on the planet. That, or zombies looking for brains.[/QUOTE]

Makes me feel kind of glad that I do my shopping online during Black Friday....

I could possibly understand the 32gb touchpads selling UP TO $250 on ebay and such but for a dead product? really?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wintec-3FMT700A2-8G-R/16439877 semi decent touchpad with google and blah blah for like $200

/confused

My local walmart still have touchstones and cases in stock but they are still ringing up as the normal 49.99 and 79.99 price point. They told me prices on the website is different in store. Is there anyway to convince them otherwise or do they do price matches? What do I need to do?

Also thanks for the replies about my question earlier about the charger.

People are giving into the hype and just wanting a touchpad just to have one. Not really needing or wanting it for the sale price. Theyll bite it up for an extra 150 on ebay, just to be a part of the hype. Its really silly.

[quote name='Joartrak']Makes me feel kind of glad that I do my shopping online during Black Friday....

I could possibly understand the 32gb touchpads selling UP TO $250 on ebay and such but for a dead product? really?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wintec-3FMT700A2-8G-R/16439877 semi decent touchpad with google and blah blah for like $200

/confused[/QUOTE]

Compare the specs of the two, the Touchpad blows that no name tablet away. The Touchpad has a very powerful platform. The potential will be there once Android gets ported to it (which will happen). Even at $250 you won't be able to get an Android tablet with these specs for that price.

[quote name='spbusdriver']My local walmart still have touchstones and cases in stock but they are still ringing up as the normal 49.99 and 79.99 price point. They told me prices on the website is different in store. Is there anyway to convince them otherwise or do they do price matches? What do I need to do?

Also thanks for the replies about my question earlier about the charger.[/QUOTE]

Walmart is supposed to ad match other local competitors prices. You dont even need to bring an ad in anymore...google walmart ad match policy, read it, and print it out. Theyre gonna try to convince you that you need a real newspaper ad to show them the price. Show them the policy and tell them theyre wrong. They will give you a REALLY hard time. Just bring a bunch of print outs or cellphone pix from stores that are selling them cheaper.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Personally I don't "need" one, but the geek in me wants one because it'd be cool to have for the price and I'm feeding into the geek pressure/hype of getting one. I don't plan on waiting in any lines for one or anything, I'm just relying on hp.com putting them up. If I miss it, no sweat.

I did get $20 from BN for my order late on Monday so it's been worth it already :D[/QUOTE]
lucky u, i got no 20$ giftcard and no touchpad and 117$ is still on hold from the 22nd..hopefully in my acc by tomorrow so i can try for a 32gb from hp..if not then im giving up..cause i have to spend afuckload on :360: games coming up.

[quote name='btw1217']I'm giving up frantically pursuing these things. In order for me to purchase one now, it'll just have to walk up and kick me, such as getting one from HP.com at a time of my convenience, or walking into BestBuy and them having a desolate table advertising them, or perhaps casually spotting one on eBay for cost + shipping. Those things will probably never happen, but at least I can breathe again.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing yesterday and I'm much happier as a result. There is just way too much stress and hype surrounding something that the vast majority of us will use only occasionally and then forget a few months down the road. Heck, our family of four got an iPad at launch and I use it once a week at most when my wife is on the computer and I need to check a few deal sites. I'm not even really sure why we needed this device, but my wife is convinced that not having Flash on the iPad is a problem.

I do have to say that the most frustrating thing about this was not really the whole reseller/flipper contingent as those people pop up whenever something like this happens. Instead, it was all the people going out and buying 5-7 of these for every possible family member, Christmas gift, etc...I just don't believe that every member of your family needs one and four months from now, this is going to be a really crappy gift when the next hot tech device pops up and support for Web OS is non-existent. It seems like there are some really dysfunctional families out there if one is not enough to go around and if you have to spend as little as possible on your loved ones.

I didn't get a gift card from B&N. I even wrote them a nasty email asking them why it took 3 days to cancel my order - when I had opportunities to buy the product at other retailers, but missed out on because I expected one from them.

All I got was a "sorry".

no luck at the three BB I checked. not surprised as I went in the afternoon... oh and it's NYC so fuck me. only one store had the curiosity of posting a sign outside mentioning oos and apologizing for inconvenience.

just curious to those who have gotten one (or more!) at a BB, where all the tablets out in a designated area that anyone walking in would be able to find them without any help? I don't really trust employees.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Compare the specs of the two, the Touchpad blows that no name tablet away. The Touchpad has a very powerful platform. The potential will be there once Android gets ported to it (which will happen). Even at $250 you won't be able to get an Android tablet with these specs for that price.[/QUOTE]

True! But i think you are giving to much credit to a lot of people who would have no clue how to even do so

bread's done
Back