HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Joartrak']True! But i think you are giving to much credit to a lot of people who would have no clue how to even do so[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suppose so. I do think the webos interface is nice on the touchpad, and in many ways more refined than Android but even that cheaper/less powerful tablet can likely do more than this out the box simply because it has so many more apps available to play with. And to be fair it does have solid reviews on Walmart

[quote name='Gamer SDP']no luck at the three BB I checked. not surprised as I went in the afternoon... oh and it's NYC so fuck me. only one store had the curiosity of posting a sign outside mentioning oos and apologizing for inconvenience.

just curious to those who have gotten one (or more!) at a BB, where all the tablets out in a designated area that anyone walking in would be able to find them without any help? I don't really trust employees.[/QUOTE]
There was a time where the one near Columbus Circus had many in stock and barely any people in line. I was about to pick 3 up to replace the 3 i ordered from HP which i am still waiting for. I dont know why i did not pick them up when i had the chance because now only 1 of my 3 orders from HP is being shipped. Yet i got charged for all 3 on my bank account. Hope i get them all if not i better get some damn re compensation for all this crap!

My closest BB got in a shipment of both 16gb's and 32gb's, but only had the 32gb's by the time I got there.:cry: I still bought one of the 32gb's for $158.99 out the door on my way out, as I'm now planning on giving the 16gb I got today to my one long time friend to screw around with.:)

[quote name='soccerstud652']What's the deal with these B&N giftcards? Is it random? Do you have to call CS and complain?[/QUOTE]

I ordered from BN.com on the 22nd, got a cancellation email later that day, and just received the apology email with the $20 e-code inside. Didn't complain or anything. It's possible that it was random, or dependent on when it was ordered. It's possible that they're doing them in waves too

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I suppose so. I do think the webos interface is nice on the touchpad, and in many ways more refined than Android but even that cheaper/less powerful tablet can likely do more than this out the box simply because it has so many more apps available to play with. And to be fair it does have solid reviews on Walmart[/QUOTE]

Out of the box for some random person who just wants something to play with at that price it's great!

Ever known someone with like a hardcore computer and has no idea wtf they are doing and all they do is surf the web? it's kind of like that with the Touchpad atm I spose /shurg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My closest BB got in a shipment of both 16gb's and 32gb's, but only had the 32gb's by the time I got there.:cry: I still bought one of the 32gb's for $158.99 out the door on my way out, as I'm now planning on giving the 16gb I got today to my one long time friend to screw around with.:)[/QUOTE]

You're giving your touchpad away to get laid? Isn't that a bit excessive?

Just got my text from Amazon ..."The carrier delivered your shipment". Ummmm, yeah, 7 hrs ago, lol. Thanks Amazon for my Touchpad! Woop!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My closest BB got in a shipment of both 16gb's and 32gb's, but only had the 32gb's by the time I got there.:cry: I still bought one of the 32gb's for $158.99 out the door on my way out, as I'm now planning on giving the 16gb I got today to my one long time friend to screw around with.:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, pal!
:lol:

[quote name='floppywopper']You're giving your touchpad away to get laid? Isn't that a bit excessive?[/QUOTE]
Actually we used to date and now we're just friends(no...really:razz:) and she asked my advice on a new laptop, so I figure we'll hang out this Friday, grab a bite to eat and then I'll spring the surprise on her. Her birthday was just under 2 weeks ago, so I figure this will be a nice lil surprise gift.

This is probably my only altruistic thing I'll do this year.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually we used to date and now we're just friends(no...really:razz:) [/QUOTE]Did she get tired of paying for dinner?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually we used to date and now we're just friends(no...really:razz:) and she asked my advice on a new laptop, so I figure we'll hang out this Friday, grab a bite to eat and then I'll spring the surprise on her. Her birthday was just under 2 weeks ago, so I figure this will be a nice lil surprise gift.

This is probably my only altruistic thing I'll do this year.:booty:[/QUOTE]

wow for all the smack you talk on here, your going to give one to some bitch? I'm not hating but that's questionable in my book

That $20 "I'm sorry" GC from B&N was nice. Wasn't expecting that at all and with the 15% off code I got in my email just about took care of shipping.

So even if I don't get a touchpad out of this thread I'll still have something to read.

I'll admit it, I'm probably in it for the hype. Wife has a nook, I was waiting for ipad 3 but this should hold me over. For that price, I'll give it a shot. Other than my iphone, I don't have anything portable.

man this is insane. I've been searching all week and i still haven't gotten my hands on one yet. There were some in stock this morning at my local bb (Lynnwood, wa) but i found out too late. They were all gone 10 minutes after the store opened. Anyone know if there will be another shipment tomorrow? Also, will the site update tmr morning before the store opens?

Just stopped by my local BB to see if they had any- the BB employee told me they sold out in 20mins in the AM, people camped overnight. I applaud that sort of dedication.

[quote name='CapnO']Just stopped by my local BB to see if they had any- the BB employee told me they sold out in 20mins in the AM, people camped overnight. I applaud that sort of dedication.[/QUOTE]

While I look and sigh in disbelief and disgust.

Just got back from BB. They allowed preorders Monday, which jammed the system when they got them today. They were unable to separate what was preordered from was available, so after a 3 hour wait, they took names to call tomorrow. To top it all off, the girl in front of me called her mother-in-law, who showed up and cut line in front of me with her handicapped/wheelchair bound son. Turns out, he was a place holder for her white trash daughter, who wanted to fight when I asked what she was doing when she showed up as names were being taken. Had to vent...

[quote name='CapnO']Just stopped by my local BB to see if they had any- the BB employee told me they sold out in 20mins in the AM, people camped overnight. I applaud that sort of dedication.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if these people were aware that they would have the tablets in stock that morning or were they camping out on just the chance of them being available. Either way it seems absolutely ridiculous to camp out for this thing.

[quote name='Havocwrought']Just got back from BB. They allowed preorders Monday, which jammed the system when they got them today. They were unable to separate what was preordered from was available, so after a 3 hour wait, they took names to call tomorrow. To top it all off, the girl in front of me called her mother-in-law, who showed up and cut line in front of me with her handicapped/wheelchair bound son. Turns out, he was a place holder for her white trash daughter, who wanted to fight when I asked what she was doing when she showed up as names were being taken. Had to vent...[/QUOTE]

ahh the milk of human kindness :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm wondering, were these people aware that they would have the tablets in stock that morning or were they camping out on just the chance of them being available? Either way it seems absolutely ridiculous to camp out for this thing.[/QUOTE]

I live in a college town so "absolute ridiculousness" is the norm around here. I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea and used this as an excuse to loiter and drink in public.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually we used to date and now we're just friends(no...really:razz:) and she asked my advice on a new laptop, so I figure we'll hang out this Friday, grab a bite to eat and then I'll spring the surprise on her. Her birthday was just under 2 weeks ago, so I figure this will be a nice lil surprise gift.

This is probably my only altruistic thing I'll do this year.:booty:[/QUOTE]
LOL! I think he misread the "to screw around with". Maybe I'm the one misreading it. But I read as for her to screw around with the touchpad, maybe he read, give her the table to screw around with her. lol

[quote name='kouleefoh']LOL! I think he misread the "to screw around with". Maybe I'm the one misreading it. But I read as for her to screw around with the touchpad, maybe he read, give her the table to screw around with her. lol[/QUOTE]

I actually read it the first way, but I like to twist words. :)

[quote name='arsenal_fan']This has to be one of the most EPIC threads ever. The amount of time and money people have invested into getting on this deal is amazing.[/QUOTE]

It was not an earthquake that shook the east coast, it was the amount of people flocking to get one

Wonder if the hurricane will detour anyone from stalking around best buy

[quote name='arsenal_fan']This has to be one of the most EPIC threads ever. The amount of time and money people have invested into getting on this deal is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Fast forward 1 month and eBay will be so flooded with undercutted desperate hoarders you can get one for $25 over the sale price.

[quote name='confoosious']it's too bad one of them isn't a browser. Do you have to set up your CC first?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately. And for some reason, one of the freebies (Camera for Touchpad) isn't in the App Catalog. And it's kind of the one I really wanted too. :/

[quote name='mcdaking84']is anyone having problems trying to redeem the big boss code?[/QUOTE]

I am! It seems that I am missing a key piece of software......probably my lack of webOS and a TouchPad to launch it on

I really really hate HP...Still no update on my order. It's kind of BS, I have to email them to get an answer...Really a week is a crazy amount of time to ship something. HP is a tech company after all, you'd think they'd have amazing logistics. My bet is the company is miss-managed from the top down. It makes sense considering their long list of failures and lack of innovative products.

I just really want to find a Touchstone cheap somewhere. I somehow nabbed a TouchPad with ease.. but now can't find a damn Touchstone at a decent price ($30-40). Imagine that, lol

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, unfortunately. And for some reason, one of the freebies (Camera for Touchpad) isn't in the App Catalog. And it's kind of the one I really wanted too. :/[/QUOTE]

I just saw it on there

[quote name='Sk']I really really hate HP...Still no update on my order. It's kind of BS, I have to email them to get an answer...Really a week is a crazy amount of time to ship something. HP is a tech company after all, you'd think they'd have amazing logistics. My bet is the company is miss-managed from the top down. It makes sense considering their long list of failures and lack of innovative products.[/QUOTE]

This is the e-mail I got from them.

"Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.

We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

Have you continued checking your order status on HP's website? I never got a "Your TouchPad has shipped!" e-mail, but the status has been updated with a tracking number.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Hey sp00ge, just an fyi but Greensburg BB has stock, if you still want another one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I'm good. We have two, and we decided that our daughter doesn't need one that bad. She's spoiled enough. And where in the area are you from?

Anyone see that Yahoo! article about that kid who was bullied for years and went to an academy to help kids who have been seriously hurt by bullying? The next time the 12-year old was made fun of, he basically knocked the bully to the floor and pinned him down with his elbow.

That's what we should do to line cutters at Best Buy and on Black Friday.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Fast forward 1 month and eBay will be so flooded with undercutted desperate hoarders you can get one for $25 over the sale price.[/QUOTE]

I think you are going to have to be waiting longer than a month for this. When news sites are reporting about this device, there is a high level of awareness about this machine, craiglist is flooded with wanted touchpad posts everywhere. I just don't see demand for this device dropping below $200 after all these firesales are over. Demand > Quantity (reports said they only produced up to 1 million units) for a fully functional, quality, 10 inch tablet and not enough to meet that demand.

bread's done
Back