HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nagasami']Gesture slide from bottom screen up?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah, that is what I was looking for.

[quote name='Sk']Its a $100 tablet whats to worry about? You'll only get 1-3 yrs of use out of it before you'll either buy another one or junk it due to it being dated or the battery craps out. I wouldn't worry about the home key if I were you. I'm sure they were tested for several millions of presses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have a good point. I shouldn't worry too much. But I do for some reason. It'll probably wear off soon and I won't care so much.

I find myself liking this tablet even more than the ipad 1 I bought in February from the Verizon sale. I like the multitasking better and the keyboard and the interface. Plus my kids have taken over the iPad, so this one is more my own. :)

Well I am done trying to update the OS tonight...it just won't finish for some reason. I will say I am liking it so far and it the update and preware stuff improve it more I will be even more happy. I wish everyone else luck who has not gotten one yet.

[quote name='eliter1']Did the BB trackers stop working? Whenever I put a zip code in it takes me to a white page.[/QUOTE]

I always get it working again by copying and pasting the model number into the top search field and then the next screen adds a ZIP-code checker to the left-hand bar. (Says "BETA" next to it.) Input your ZIP and off you go!

grr, luck isn't on my side for getting one of these. Trying to get it for a Christmas present for my mom as it would be perfect for her. I've drove all over and hunted all over the web and had many cancelled orders. Hopefully I get luck, grats to those who have gotten one or more for that matter. If you do have an extra and are willing to selling it for a little bit more then you bought it plus shipping let me know lol

Heh, I ended up biking about 15-20 miles from Fort Collins to Centerra this morning to try and get a touchpad from Best Buy. No such luck finding one.

At this rate, maybe I WILL have to end up paying the absurd markup on craigslist to get one for school.

[quote name='eliter1']Did the BB trackers stop working? Whenever I put a zip code in it takes me to a white page.[/QUOTE]

Doing same for me too.

[quote name='Kolgar']I always get it working again by copying and pasting the model number into the top search field and then the next screen adds a ZIP-code checker to the left-hand bar. (Says "BETA" next to it.) Input your ZIP and off you go![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Guess there aren't any coming in near me, which is good since I have 2 finals tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to go get one. I just hope HP doesn't put them up for sale tomorrow.

so what do you guys do on tablets for school? i cant imagine use it for anything on school other than a PDF. i find typing consistently on a touchpad can get inconvenient because of the response.

[quote name='david12795']so what do you guys do on tablets for school? i cant imagine use it for anything on school other than a PDF. i find typing consistently on a touchpad can get inconvenient because of the response.[/QUOTE]

Try overclocking it. Upping it to 1.5 Ghz made mine much more usable.

ffs HP app catalog is garbage. Errors out all the time. I've been trying to download one stupid app for hours and it always fails. Browsing errors out or does not show results. Searching is not accurate. I'm trying to find the camera app but it won't show in a search for "Camera" or "Camera for Touchpad". (hmm maybe it is not showing because it requires a newer OS version than I have)

Otherwise everything is nice, but this is getting ridiculous.

^^^ I had a problem where it took a long time to update. I think I had a few failed attempts. After it installed, everything else seem fine to me. Apps catalog and all.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I'm tempted to bid $1.50 just to make her spend the money to overnight it to the east coast.[/QUOTE]

And then leave negative feedback! :lol:

[quote name='iggypop123']i thought this was only for people who bought the 32gb?[/QUOTE]

Is it? Weird, the blog said 16 GB.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I am done trying to update the OS tonight...it just won't finish for some reason. I will say I am liking it so far and it the update and preware stuff improve it more I will be even more happy. I wish everyone else luck who has not gotten one yet.[/QUOTE]

I left it idle for a while and it downloaded the update. When I first tried to install it, it stated that it would keep downloading and inform you when it is ready to be installed, you'll probably have it ready by tomorrow morning.

[quote name='aem']ffs HP app catalog is garbage. Errors out all the time. I've been trying to download one stupid app for hours and it always fails. Browsing errors out or does not show results. Searching is not accurate. I'm trying to find the camera app but it won't show in a search for "Camera" or "Camera for Touchpad". (hmm maybe it is not showing because it requires a newer OS version than I have)

Otherwise everything is nice, but this is getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I've not had any issues with the HP app catalog, I have no idea why you would be experiencing errors there. I downloaded several apps: Angry Birds HD, Box, Beeb News, Kickitch FREE, UK Football, webOS News, Sky News Top Stories, engadget, Just Draw, pReader, and Fireplace Free :)D) without a hiccup.

I give HP....I wave the white flag.....BB has wasted my time and could have gotten another one....is it true that they are going to be made through September? I highly doubt it and haven't been at a computer in 30 pages....any new info? Seems like you all either got one, or are in the same booth as me....or just are trollin' :(

Putting up offer on CL for 16GB for $195....offering backlog that was free...wish me luck?

Some people say HP told them new stock comes in Friday. Others said customer service said next week. IDK, but don't give up your search. Craigslist/ebay is a last resort. Wait this out until HP puts them back on their website, man. Dont be desperate until 2 weeks from now.

I'll be busy friday from 6pm - 1am with my gf/friends, if HP gets stock in around that time, I'll be pretty upset...but such is life. Best Buy at 7am Saturday morning is the only action im gonna take, the rest I'll just put faith in HP and ordering online; you should too.

Oh yea I have a drawing of an iPhone 5. Come with a 4G LTE, Kal-El quadcore processor, dual broadband (ATT & Verizon), 8mp front/rear cameras, 64GB SSD and dual-OS (Android/iOS).

I now have a Touchstone for my 32GB, and the official HP case has been shipped. BUT I'm STILL looking for a 16GB for my wife who is hogging the damn thing. Almost ready to break down and buy another 32GB from eBay because its only about $80 over what I paid at BB.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I now have a Touchstone for my 32GB, and the official HP case has been shipped. BUT I'm STILL looking for a 16GB for my wife who is hogging the damn thing. Almost ready to break down and buy another 32GB from eBay because its only about $80 over what I paid at BB.[/QUOTE]

Where you see it for $230? :D

[quote name='Nagasami']Where you see it for $230? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he means around $250. Add on tax at BB and you're looking at paying around $160-170 for most people.

[quote name='McNutsack']Some people say HP told them new stock comes in Friday. Others said customer service said next week. IDK, but don't give up your search. Craigslist/ebay is a last resort. Wait this out until HP puts them back on their website, man. Dont be desperate until 2 weeks from now.

I'll be busy friday from 6pm - 1am with my gf/friends, if HP gets stock in around that time, I'll be pretty upset...but such is life. Best Buy at 7am Saturday morning is the only action im gonna take, the rest I'll just put faith in HP and ordering online; you should too.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I should believe them, my endurance of following these threads is killing me....and can't handle the energy that is wasted....I wish that I could tell what to believe :cold:

Anyways....what will happen? BrynaAtHP blew the crapper and haven't gotten an update from HPStudent yet.....Best Buy said that they have none ever coming in again.....and I can't stand it.....I am dismally sad....

Thing is at least I could grab one for my gf, she was sleeping and when I got it I drove all the way to her house and knocked on her door...got her up and handed it to her - her smile meant it all to me then...but I just would want one now. I am starting to never want to hear the name HP Touchpad again...

[quote name='R0tatioNz']I don't know if I should believe them, my endurance of following these threads is killing me....and can't handle the energy that is wasted....I wish that I could tell what to believe :cold:

Anyways....what will happen? BrynaAtHP blew the crapper and haven't gotten an update from HPStudent yet.....Best Buy said that they have none ever coming in again.....and I can't stand it.....I am dismally sad....

Thing is at least I could grab one for my gf, she was sleeping and when I got it I drove all the way to her house and knocked on her door...got her up and handed it to her - her smile meant it all to me then...but I just would want one now. I am starting to never want to hear the name HP Touchpad again...[/QUOTE]

Same here, I bought it for my gf along with all of the accessories. I've just been hunting one down for myself now. The p00n she's gonna give me makes all the stress this week worth it,but...I'd really want one regardless =)

I'd trust HP. They said theyll get more in stock, and I believe it. There's also mention from customer service thatll be a limit of one per household, so I can't imagine them selling out within 24 hours...unless people make a lot of extra HP accounts and shipping addresses...

[quote name='R0tatioNz']

Thing is at least I could grab one for my gf, she was sleeping and when I got it I drove all the way to her house and knocked on her door...got her up and handed it to her - her smile meant it all to me then...but I just would want one now. I am starting to never want to hear the name HP Touchpad again...[/QUOTE]

You are a wonderful boyfriend. Don't give up hope. The gods of tech will smile upon such selfless virtue. It's like something the Avatar would have done. Or Jesus.

Well. I can only hope that no one else puts these on sale while I am sleeping. All of you keep me in mind when you go shopping and see an extra tablet...;)

By the way, hoarders are now loading up on official CASES, since they can't get units anymore. THOUSANDS of official cases have just vanished from inventory overnight. CostCentral is sold out. Buy one NOW if you want one. If HP puts these on sale while I am at PAX and they sell out, I am going to proclaim defeat as a CAG and go to eBay with my tail between by legs.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Hey Nutsack, where's your avatar pic from? Looks CG.[/QUOTE]

Madam Tutli Putli. You can find it on youtube maybe...really epic stop motion short film

At this point I wish they would just announce that they are sold out forever so I can go back to living my life.

[quote name='skiizim']BB San Bernardino had them according to the tracker if you want to go there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I would, but id have to go there alone in morning. San B can be a pretty sketchy place. Plus, i might as well admit defeat with bestbuy.theres gonna be more dedicated people there in a huge line i bet. I plan to try saturday with my gf though :eek:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Imma start calling JC Penny, Kolhs, Linen N' Things, Macy, Marshall, and TJ Maxxx to see if they carry HP Touchpad.[/QUOTE]

That's what I call dedication! You might get a lot of "huhs" though.

bread's done
Back