HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='harry hood']will the $10 off $50 item from hp work when the tablets are back in stock?[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly want to risk missing out or possibly having the server crash/freeze just for $10 off an already $300 discounted tablet?

As for an answer, yes, and you should definitely try to apply it :)

Thxs to the hurricane....Irenene in puerto rico, I thought pple wont go to Sams earlier than me, it was sold out on tuesday,so no luck here in PuertoRico.

No way in hell am I gonna apply a promo code as I check out on hp.
Are you crazy, sir?
Have you never tried to place an order as a website is being attacked? Amazon lightning deals? Every second counts, and every time you have to click on something that directs you to a new page, you risk being timed out.

Happy to report!..After a week long odyssey,involving many calls to different stores dealing with dishonest employees, wild goose chases, and a few near misses, covering the whole eastern half of my state trying to track down the elusive touchpad I was finally able to score at a local best buy this morning. :bouncy: Thanks to the op that provided the inventory checker. I was able to check inventory last night on a store 45 mins away that showed stock after close. I was debating on what time to camp out and decided on 7 am. Got there expecting a line wrapped around the corner and to my suprise i was 9th in line along with a family friend. The manager arrive around 7:30 and handed out tickets he stated the the store received 20 pads and I was in line to get the 16 and my friend got 17. They actually had 2 tickets to spare go figure lol! He told us to come back when the store opened to pick up our touchpads. Very smooth transaction and great management with honesty at this particular store. So I will say to whoever is still on the search for a pad, don't give up, use some strategy, check the inventory tracker hourly and if a store happens to show continued stock after close, there is a good chance that they will have them in the morning. Good luck to all, and God Bless! :D

[quote name='McNutsack']No way in hell am I gonna apply a promo code as I check out on hp.
Are you crazy, sir?
Have you never tried to place an order as a website is being attacked? Amazon lightning deals? Every second counts, and every time you have to click on something that directs you to a new page, you risk being timed out.[/QUOTE]
totally, i like to live dangerously.

[quote name='adriley313']THEY CANCELLED my fucking order
should have seen that coming but still mad as hell

screw HP[/QUOTE]

From which section (home, smb, ect)? What was your order date and order number?

*lowers head in disgust*
Those OnSale comments are retarded. People baffled it took days to get an email response?
Mad they were on hold 90 minutes?
Yes, when you have 20,000 emails to respond to, all asking the same retarded questions like "so did my order go thru?lol i need it bad...plz let me know", it's gonna slow down customer service a lot.

Good thing people don't care about resellerratings, anyway.

[quote name='McNutsack']*lowers head in disgust*
Those OnSale comments are retarded. People baffled it took days to get an email response?
Yes, when you have 20,000 emails to respond to, all asking the same retarded questions like "so did my order go thru?lol i need it bad...plz let me know", it's gonna slow down customer service a lot.

Good thing people don't care about resellerratings, anyway.[/QUOTE]

When your money is being held for 3 days and you haven't received a single update, and when you do get that update on the 3rd day saying your order was canceled, then you can complain (if you want) about the complainers. Until then, STFU :)

[quote name='hustletron']It's also still listed on the HP Academy website. Nothing yet ;(

I can't believe it's already friday and nothing from HP.[/QUOTE]

This is the link I bookmarked in case they came back in stock -
http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/pr...mpid=in_r329_personalization/browse3/home_PDP

It now goes to a 404 page. I'm glad to see other links for the 32 GB still work though, because it would suck to only have one model available - they'd go out of stock even faster.

[quote name='SynGamer']When your money is being held for 3 days and you haven't received a single update, then you can complain (if you want) about the complainers. Until then, STFU :)[/QUOTE]

My money was held for 4 days by HP SMB and Insights. They never updated me about anything directly.
I never once called or emailed them like a spoiled baby. If my package is gonna ship, it's gonna ship. Me emailing wont make them give me priority.
My pending transactions are gonna remain pending, regardless of when or if they confront me/I confront them.They will cancel them as soon as they can; they're a business, they know more about how to get things done than us.

So yes, all of those reviews are completely retarded.

Plus, it's a credit card; it's not your money to begin with.

[quote name='McNutsack']My money was held for 4 days by HP SMB and Insights. They never updated me about anything directly.
I never once called or emailed them like a spoiled baby. If my package is gonna ship, it's gonna ship. Me emailing wont make them give me priority.
My pending transactions are gonna remain pending, regardless of when or if they confront me/I confront them.They will cancel them as soon as they can; they're a business, they know more about how to get things done than us.

So yes, all of those reviews are completely retarded.

Plus, it's a credit card; it's not your money to begin with.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! If they knew how to run their business properly they wouldn't have run into this mess like they did. We'll agree to disagree at this point. To those leaving reviews, keep it up :)

[quote name='SynGamer']When your money is being held for 3 days and you haven't received a single update, and when you do get that update on the 3rd day saying your order was canceled, then you can complain (if you want) about the complainers. Until then, STFU :)[/QUOTE]

What he said i hope onsale goes out of business they could have filled our orders if they wanted to ask hp for more stock we would have patiently waited if they said we would eventually get them

[quote name='McNutsack']*lowers head in disgust*

Good thing people don't care about resellerratings, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Stop being a McNuthugger. I'm not completely unsympathetic to the situation, but OnSale definitely could have handled it better. I wasn't one of the people pestering them about my order, but I got zero communication on what was going on (other than my original order confirmation...sent by Amazon). In this type of situation, communication is key. Yes, they had some kind of representative on Facebook, but she really did little more than ask people to like their page and eventually stopped responding entirely.

At the very least, a massive email could have been sent out, explaining that it would take them a few days to sort through all the orders and for people to bear with them. Don't even act like they're completely innocent in all this. Based on the cancellation to fullfilled ratio, they probably didn't even have enough stock to fill 10% of the orders. They had no trouble lowering the price on Amazon, but yet it took them hours and thousands of orders to figure out they were out of stock? Really? Like I said, I don't think anybody expected them to handle it without flaw (hell, HP hasn't even done that). But they made their own bed by trying to hide facts from consumers. That's the difference between them and Datavision.

[quote name='SynGamer']HAHAHA! If they knew how to run their business properly they wouldn't have run into this mess like they did. We'll agree to disagree at this point. To those leaving reviews, keep it up :)[/QUOTE]

Indeed we will, my fellow CAG.
*shakes hand*

[quote name='BiggNick']From which section (home, smb, ect)? What was your order date and order number?[/QUOTE]

August 24th
Amazon
i just talked to amazon after they charged my debit card and told my Im SOL until they lift the money of on funds which could be a couple days. WTF

she kept saying we didnt charge ur debit card but they did and now i cant touch my $105

[quote name='adriley313']August 24th
Amazon
i just talked to amazon after they charged my debit card and told my Im SOL until they lift the money of on funds which could be a couple days. WTF

she kept saying we didnt charge ur debit card but they did and now i cant touch my $105[/QUOTE]

Most online businesses charge you as "Credit" so anytime you cancel/gets canceled online or from a lot of places you will have a "hold" on those funds time of hold varies.

Ok...I havent heard anyone mention getting their Touchpad from Zones. Hell, I havent seen anyone say that they've heard so much as a peep from them. So whats the deal? I got used a credit card to order, and now Im having seconds thoughts about getting the damn thing (would rather put the money towards a new guitar). Hope I hear something sooooooooooooon!

Hey does anybody know if when the best buy stock checker shows in store only if that actually means that there are some hp touchpads in stock. Cuz for my nearest store it says in store only so i might go check it out soon if that actually means its in stock. Thanks

A warning to anyone that ordered accessories from Office Depot's website.

My three accessories showed up, across two shipments. One shipment was for a Touchstone and the other shipment was a BT keyboard and HP folio case. They packed both shipments in a paper mailer with the shredded/crushed paper between the inside and outside layers of the mailer. :wall:

So, yes, they packaged semi-delicate electronics in a paper mailer. :wall: All the boxes are in various levels of being dented, and without a Touchpad to test them out on, I have to wait and see if they work. :bomb:

I did ask them for a 10% credit for the screw-up, just in case, and if they don't work, back to Office Depot they go for a refund.

I wanted to warn anyone that they might end up getting their TouchPad accessories packaged this way. Hopefully, I'm just an isolated instance of this problem, so keep an eye out for your shipment and make sure to test out your accessories when they arrive.

[quote name='adriley313']August 24th
Amazon

she kept saying we didnt charge ur debit card but they did and now i cant touch my $105[/QUOTE]

That's a superficial charge(there but not there). Happened to me with Barnes and Noble. Got my money back in 2 minutes. Do NOT accept the 'few days' thing they will try to tell you. Tell them it's YOUR money and you may want to use it, NOW. Explain what happened, then call back to Amazon and tell them you got your funds back from the bank.

[quote name='aspen1284']Ok...I havent heard anyone mention getting their Touchpad from Zones. Hell, I havent seen anyone say that they've heard so much as a peep from them. So whats the deal? I got used a credit card to order, and now Im having seconds thoughts about getting the damn thing (would rather put the money towards a new guitar). Hope I hear something sooooooooooooon![/QUOTE]

People are slowing getting emails today, letting them know their order is put on backorder.
I havent received that email, but others have. Could mean mines ready to ship, or still processing before it gets shipped or backordered.
They are not canceling any orders.
They will wait and see if HP gives them more product first, then cancel orders.
And best of all, you don't have pending charges unless it ships.

Zones is full of win right now.
But I hear they are gonna fulfill large business orders first. You know, businesses that have ordered 100+ :D

[quote name='ijustw1n']How do you know? How much did it cost to make each unit? HP has been in business a longtime, I doubt they'd simply dump such a large amount of stock for a huge loss. I think they saw the tablet market as impenetrable due to others and did a big F U to the others to show consumers what these things really are worth and cost to make.[/QUOTE]

I read that HP was taking a loss on each unit after the $100 price drop in early August.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']If your BB shows in-stock. Stop. Drop. Leave.[/QUOTE]

So in store only means in stock? If so thanks

Just got off the phone with HP Small Business, they said they can no longer check your order number about the Touchpad and that the only way you will know if your order goes through is if you receive an e-mail. They are still sending them out/shipping and it will still be a few days.

[quote name='adriley313']I am so filled with RAGe right now
im raging so damn hard i feel like punching someone[/QUOTE]

When I say they, I mean the card/bank you used. Call them and tell them to release your hold, immediately.

[quote name='IronZombie']Quick, someone make an offer for 1 penny just to piss him off cuz he HAS to sell it to you.:booty:[/QUOTE]

No, he just declines the offer.

[quote name='shrike4242']A warning to anyone that ordered accessories from Office Depot's website.

My three accessories showed up, across two shipments. One shipment was for a Touchstone and the other shipment was a BT keyboard and HP folio case. They packed both shipments in a paper mailer with the shredded/crushed paper between the inside and outside layers of the mailer. :wall:

So, yes, they packaged semi-delicate electronics in a paper mailer. :wall: All the boxes are in various levels of being dented, and without a Touchpad to test them out on, I have to wait and see if they work. :bomb:

I did ask them for a 10% credit for the screw-up, just in case, and if they don't work, back to Office Depot they go for a refund.

I wanted to warn anyone that they might end up getting their TouchPad accessories packaged this way. Hopefully, I'm just an isolated instance of this problem, so keep an eye out for your shipment and make sure to test out your accessories when they arrive.[/QUOTE]

I just got my Touchpad yesterday from office depot. It was packaged the same way in a paper mailer.

The UPS guy left it on the doorstep with a rainstorm on the way. He didn't knock or anything. Luckily my wife caught it a few minutes before the rain started.

Thank goodness my Touchpad works and was not damaged. I would have been livid after how hard I worked for it.

I got and paid full price for the accessories from Walmart. If you go to Best Buys site it shows the accessories on sale for "In Store Only". going to print that out and hope for the best with a PM at Walmart.

It'd still be $25 for the case and $40 for the charger but it's better than full price I guess.

[quote name='mightymek']This sounds like the same thing I was told by a SMB rep yesterday. Kind of upsets me. HP is HP, regardless of which store is which. So HP should make sure all orders already placed at any of their stores get taken care of before they ship new touchpads to the HP Home store for new sales. I placed my orders, legitimately while they were listed as in-stock on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, so I don't see why I might not get it, but HP would be selling new through their other store. Doesn't make sense. I guess we wait and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny! With all the Sunday orders people are claiming shipped and me with a Saturday one... I naturally assumed I would come first. (Please tell me my logic isnt flawed.) When I got off the phone with a rep he OUT RIGHT STATED I would 100% get one, but it could take up to a month.

[quote name='outkastx']I agree completely. If they are selling on Ebay for $100 more than clearance prices, that's basically $50 million that HP threw away (500,000 units x $100).[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. A lot of this comes from the hype coming from these tablets over the actual price point. There are plenty of low quality chinese tablets and many side offers people could have done for a tablet. Prime example would be Galaxy S tabs for something like 99 with contract. Things of this nature... Now the tablet has an completely UNKNOWN future and if they can run android on it... it shouldnt be Honeycomb (the tablet OS). This already puts the thing at a disadvantage. Also if people were hearing high quality tablet for 200 or 250... then people would look to other sources.

1 example would be the Nookcolor which runs android on the low, uses internet, has angry birds and is above all an amazing Ereader. True the HP would be of higher quality, but it wouldnt have created such a wave. An even larger example would be Borders! Why you might wonder? Well one near me has 8 Xooms as of 40% off. That would make them 300 usd. Now the Xoom has much more of a future (esp with Google buying them out), but they're been there though the going out of business sale untouched.

This has everything to do with people not seeing the value. The same would happen with 200 and honestly for 200 far less would care. The reason Ebay prices are working is far different though. Once there is hype (like Ipad) people automatically assume it makes the device great.

A fun poll would have people if they knew HP had a tablet prior and if they knew what if anything past Ios made it different. Either or they just see the hype as this product is worth it and wouldn't be selling for so much if it wasnt. Conversely I think many just want one because its "cool" and are willing to pay the premium. Very similar to how Apple sales work for many demographics.

So..OnSale cancelled my order, and Barnes and Noble too...this sucks. Anyway BN sent me a $20 e-gift card and an apology so I forgive them.

I tried to contact Amazon and asked them to "match" the $20 credit BN.com gave me but they refused :|

bread's done
Back