HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yankeessuck193']=O. Ok cool, so it is out! I will say though, WebOS is pretty damn awesome, and the only reason I'd go to Android is for the apps. Still deciding what I should do.[/QUOTE]

A port is not out yet, but it's very close

[quote name='joshrocker']wow, i can't believe how crazy this has gotten. It's hard to believe that just 8 days ago no one wanted these and more importantly no one cared. You know the employees will be happy as can be when all of this finally blows over.[/quote]ftfyt

My HP BFG order has been stuck in Admin status for a week now and the delivery date at "date will follow" since Tuesday night. My friend really wants one - the deal his work was supposed to get with CDW fell through - and I need this one for him.

TouchPad Get!

My rural Best Buy had 80 in stock this morning. I dragged my brother out of bed, and arrived thirty minutes before opening. Ended up being 30th in line.

[quote name='killer9']damn my bestbuys had jack squat man this sucks gods way of saying i am not getting one i guess[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's God's way of telling you that you should use punctuation.

[quote name='vanlandw']My order is in absolutely the same place as yours. No changes since the 26th. I'm just gonna let it roll and see what happens. This whole fiasco is way to interesting not to see it though to the end.

Thanks for the link much appreciated...[/QUOTE]Happy to share the link, as that's the only one that has been showing any real activity in this process. Not sure if it works for other than SB orders.

My order wasn't showing any status updates until Thursday, where it showed the 09/11/11 and 09/14/11 dates for shipment and delivery.

What I am wondering is what HP will be doing with any stock of the TouchPad 4G (HP P/N FB354UA), which was suppose to release this month via AT&T, as it's a faster 32GB TouchPad (1.5GHZ) with an integrated AT&T 4G WWAN card in it. It briefly showed up on Amazon a week before the firesale prices started and was pulled almost immediately after being posted, at $699 retail versus the $599 retail (at the time it was announced in July) for the 32GB TouchPad.

Maybe if HP runs out of the 32GB TouchPads and still has stock of the TouchPad 4G on-hand, they'll swap those out for 32GB TP orders. :pray:

The chances of that happening are about as close as winning the lottery, though you never know what might happen. :D Probably about as much chance of them swapping out 32GB TouchPad orders with white 64GB TouchPads (also 1.5GHz).

Yeah no update on HP order but gota get ready for the hurricane so won't be posting much till power is back up in the week.

Looking at new eBay auctions/Amazon It's $240 for the 16gigs and $280ish for the 32gigs so re-sellers are actually making more off the 16giger.

[quote name='McNutsack']Their CS has told many people on the phone thatll be a limit of one per household.
My guess is they mean one per HP account, or 1 per physical shipping address. Some people (me) will most likely have 2 accounts ready to order with. Also, DataVision said the next batch HP is sending them will be more expensive. My theory is if DataVision has to sell them for a higher price during "round 2", maybe HP is going to, also.
I predict $150/$200 now.

Keep in mind that HP has never once mentioned a second "fire sale"; they simply mentioned being out of stock and having new shipment soon. Why do you think they have canceled so many orders instead of just keeping them on hold until new stock comes in...?
...Because they want to charge us that extra price, imo.

We shall see...[/QUOTE]

I was actually talking to an HP employee who mentioned that the "sale" price was only good till 8/22, at least according to the HP employee website he used to try and pick one up.

[quote name='SteveGo']Maybe it's God's way of telling you that you should use punctuation.[/QUOTE]

Awesome...

Is there an aggregate post that details deals on accessories?

If not, can the OP be updated with one?

[quote name='jokerswild300']My three 32gb models came in yesterday from hp.com one for my wife the other 2 for me lol , have yet to open mine still serching for cases.[/QUOTE]
i just got a nice case in from Ebay. here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200644764620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

it's a pretty quality case. all the perforations fit what they were made for perfectly. keeps the pad secure. highly recommend it if you can't find the HP Folio one.

[quote name='shrike4242']Try this, if it doesn't work at the link above:

When I checked the link you posted, my order status shows the ship date of 08/23/11 and the delivery date of 08/23/11. When I check with the link I posted above, it's showing a ship date of 09/11/11 and a delivery date of 09/14/11.[/QUOTE]

When I check the first link, it finds the order but, when I try to check status I get the "Order not found in the Vista" error. When I check the 2nd link, it finds the order but has status listed as "admin". I ordered on the afternoon of the 20th and last change was on the 23rd. Has anyone in a similar situation actually been able to contact CS and find out if their order will even be fulfilled? I've tried 3 times, waiting an hour each only to be sent to a voicemail box that was of course, already full.

My first post from my Touchpad. :) Ordered last Friday night from HPA, came this morning. Fits great in the Griffin folio from Verizon. Took an hour to update, but working great. Love it so far. Good luck to those still on the hunt. Godspeed!

Do any of you know the cheapest place to find a keyboard for this? Also, are there any good note taking programs, so I can take notes for college? Thanks in advance.

BestBuy FTWWWWWW!!!! When I tell you, you have to get there EARLY in the bigger/more popular towns! OMGGG!!! Got my friend 1 earlier, WOOP! :)

Those who are SERIOUS and live near a Best Buy which runs out quickly, get there super-early!!! I'm talking wayyyyy before 6am. Go with a relative or friend. Bring a chair/folding chair! Some people had lounge chairs! Check the stock locators around midnight, get a couple hours of sleep, and GO!!! You can rest later.

Zones finally put up an official statement.

HP TouchPad Order Update

As you know, HP announced late last week they were discontinuing the TouchPad product line and then made a significant pricing reduction on Monday.

This resulted in a demand that quickly depleted our supply. Our existing inventory was fully committed within hours of the announcement and, unfortunately, we are not able to take any additional orders.

If you placed an order, you can check your order status here and can expect email updates from Zones.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Bring portable games, food, drinks! WOOP![/QUOTE]

Bring a bum so you can get two TPs.

FYI: Pending CC charges really mean nothing at this point. I still have my B&N & Onsight orders showing as pending when I check my account online. It can take weeks for them to go away. I feel sorry for all of those still forced to use debit cards. In today's environment using a Debit Card feels like handing over a signed blank check and hoping for the best.

My OnSale order finally arrived yesterday!

6084362607_0e7b5d5c1d.jpg

Good luck to everyone else trying to snag one!

[quote name='mattcube64']My OnSale order finally arrived yesterday!

6084362607_0e7b5d5c1d.jpg

Good luck to everyone else trying to snag one![/QUOTE]

Lucky damn it onsale i hate you

My HPA accademy TP arrived today, via FedEx after the big let down on Wed when the box of Paper arrived way ahead of the update on the website, it was nice to get handed the 'elusive' touchpad

[quote name='sundoro']Don't know if this was posted already, but being 430!! pages in, I'm not interested in checking.

For those of you interested - very handy for drawing and writing.
Stylus (mobile link)[/QUOTE]
Ordered. Thanks for the link. These look and (if the video is any indication) act exactly like the Targus brand ones that sell for $10-15 each. I picked one of the Targus ones up for my mom to use with her iPad, and was impressed when I tried it out. Handy for drawing/note taking.

Also, used the "print out the product page from OD.com" method @ Walmart, and was able to get an Official HP Folio case matched for $19.99. They weren't happy about it, but they did it. Gargle my applebag, Wallyworld.

Also wondering about cases. I got the HP folio and it's ok but are there any that offer actual protection plus have the stand?

Here's a couple I was looking at that were under $20:

Poetic - currently $16 but was cheaper. They keep raising the price making me less and less likely to buy it

Technocel - Ipad 1 case w/ good reviews but apparently it works for HP Touchpad. $15.33 currently. Again the price on this has gone up making me not want it.

If anyone has a good case other than these please let me know.

Also Ive heard that pretty much any Ipad 1 case would be sufficient though the cut outs might not be proper for the HP. If that's the case and you dont care theres some for under $10.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Do any of you know the cheapest place to find a keyboard for this? Also, are there any good note taking programs, so I can take notes for college? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can download Evernote. I think it's free as well.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Also wondering about cases. I got the HP folio and it's ok but are there any that offer actual protection plus have the stand?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure if you don't want the HP brand case, that someone here will take it off your hands for cost+shipping.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']From a previous post:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200644764620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649[/QUOTE]
That looks pretty solid. I like the elastic band around it, like the Moleskine notebooks I buy. I may grab one of those too. I had thought of modding the HP case to put an elastic band on it...hmmm

I picked up a DodoCase for my iPads at work, for when we use them for presentations. I'll have to see if the Touchpad fits in it on Monday, and report back.
http://www.dodocase.com/products/dodocase-for-ipad

[quote name='Ronin317']I'm sure if you don't want the HP brand case, that someone here will take it off your hands for cost+shipping.[/QUOTE]
Cant, it's my wifes actually. I have another but so far have paid full price for it so it's sitting new in the box. I've got to go back to WM to try and get it PM'd, otherwise just returning it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Cant, it's my wifes actually. I have another but so far have paid full price for it so it's sitting new in the box. I've got to go back to WM to try and get it PM'd, otherwise just returning it.[/QUOTE]
Take a printout of the Office Depot product page, and get them to match. They will, because it says "In Store Only" on the page.

[quote name='howlinmad']Wow. Finally found one today from waiting in line at a Memphis Best Buy. Now the hunt is on for a case.
Any suggestions on a good one?[/QUOTE]
You might try this. Acase - iPad. Haven't gotten it yet but it should work. Can't beat the price if you can get free shipping.

[quote name='Ronin317']Ordered. Thanks for the link. These look and (if the video is any indication) act exactly like the Targus brand ones that sell for $10-15 each. I picked one of the Targus ones up for my mom to use with her iPad, and was impressed when I tried it out. Handy for drawing/note taking.

Also, used the "print out the product page from OD.com" method @ Walmart, and was able to get an Official HP Folio case matched for $19.99. They weren't happy about it, but they did it. Gargle my applebag, Wallyworld.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome. I'm looking forward to trying them out for those purposes especially. They almost look identical to the Targus versions. Prolly made at the same Chinese plant.

Some local BB's just got some HP cases in stock apparently. I know it's cheap, but I'ma see if they'll pm OD. :)
Here's the link. BB HP case stock checker.

The seller has ended the listing for the eBay link above. Either they're out or they're gonna relist them at a higher price.
As expected, people are flipping the HP cases on eBay like crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ronin317']Take a printout of the Office Depot product page, and get them to match. They will, because it says "In Store Only" on the page.[/QUOTE]
Hmm yeah thats better than the $24.99 I PM'd one of them to (from BB site). Thanks. One WM manager told me yesterday they started matching their own online price so I may try that first though.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Is the touchstone worth getting ? It looks pretty damn sweet.[/QUOTE]
I think if you're going to use this thing and enjoy it, then yes. I've got the Touchstone set up on my nightstand, and I'm using the Touchpad as my Alarm Clock now, while streaming music to my stereo (bluetooth adapter from Monoprice plugged into the Aux jack), using BHome (app). It's a great combo.

Really though...you could use the regular charger and a $5 tablet/iPad stand from Five Below for the same effect. The Touchstone is just...convenient, and it puts the tablet right into clock/show mode.

Went to my local BB today before heading out for afternoon plans. Was practically laughed at when I asked if they had any in-stock...good times :bs:

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Is the touchstone worth getting ? It looks pretty damn sweet.[/QUOTE]

If you want a kick-ass stand with inductive charging that works with the HP case (from what I've read), then hells yes. I personally wouldn't get one for > $40. If anything, it's great if you'd like to use the TP as an alarm clock, pic stand, or to charge it while watching porn (hands free!), I mean movies (ah hem) while charging it.

This thread and the cags associated with it is the biggest fail of this forum. People got a cheap tablet, sweet. Now they're sinking 50-100% of the products new price into accessories. Like old people or Joe consumer who just needs that brand name accessory that does everything for his shiny new doo dad.

With people openly saying they bought on eBay, wasting tons of time in lines, driving store to store or clicking refresh and/or on the phone. This is not CAG at least to me.

This is rapid and rabid consumerism. Not something synonymous with cost savings or deal finding. This is absolutely pathetic. Move along.

bread's done
Back