HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='admiralvic']The big problem and the reason most are calling (or at least mine) is that I ordered one on 20th and people on the 21st are saying they're progressing though the cycle. Since I only have 1 and im "assured one" but people who ordered after me got ahead of me... sets off some red flags. I wouldnt be shocked if this was a HUGE part of it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm in your boat vic. Placed my order on Aug. 20th around 5 pm. The only information I've seen is a changing ship date on my order status page...

[quote name='shrike4242']Remind me never to work at any company you're doing the marketing for. :whistle2:s That makes no sense whatsoever.

The HP CEO is taking the company down a death spiral trying to turn it into a software company, and there's plenty of casualties along the way.

If he has a clue, he'll spin their non-business PC group into a separate company, sell it off to someone like IBM did to Lenovo, and then things should settle down. As it is now, it's not likely to happen.

HP will only make more tablets to satisfy open orders and possible future demand through their website. As it stands right now, we have no idea how many orders are outstanding between the HP stores and HP's 3rd party vendors. Probably more than 100,000, if I had to take a guess.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the first part whatever that guy said makes no sense in terms of having a viable business plan.

You're a little mistaken as to what kind of company HP wants to spin off into. They want to split into two new companies (or sell of the Personal PC side) which is smart. HP really hasn't been a contender in recent years when you look at total global sales (its still a strong brand here).

HP's other business is actually a business outsourcing company (they acquired it a few years ago). That business is highly profitable. I too thought they wanted to be a software company but thats not really the case, thats just one of many services they offer to other businesses. Xerox bought a similar company ACS for that very same purpose (their old business model was dead they had a crap load of cash and bought a company in the growing industry of business outsourcing). So when HP said they wanted to expand their service business they meant they wanted to expand it into multiple avenues and not just in terms of selling software.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']If you don't already have one, I suggest you make yourself an eBay account- or, at least familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of Craigslist.
(j/k I'm still hunting too- albeit very pessimistically.)
[/QUOTE]

Everyone just needs to hold onto their butts for a couple weeks and see if HP comes through with more. I've heard this rumor through HP and other sources. I even have an order through a website that claims it will get some of these backordered units. Just hang tight people.

The newest info is actually thatll be 6-8 weeks before any new shipments, not a couple. And Bryna on Twitter has news for us, but for some reason she's taking forever to tell us.
It sounds like good/bad news. Which imo would be - yes more product is coming available, but it wont be until quite some time.

edit: mark is blogging about this HP stuff right now. I can't wait to read this; he's almost done...I predict very bittersweet news. Long ass wait for stock, imo. We shall see any minute!

[quote name='admiralvic']The big problem and the reason most are calling (or at least mine) is that I ordered one on 20th and people on the 21st are saying they're progressing though the cycle. Since I only have 1 and im "assured one" but people who ordered after me got ahead of me... sets off some red flags. I wouldnt be shocked if this was a HUGE part of it.[/QUOTE]Actually, the biggest problem is the issue that HP made for itself. They have orders that were made prior to the 08/22/11, 4AM CT "cutoff" that they imposed for orders being valid and getting to process and "should" get a unit, that a number of those orders show order dates in most places of 08/23/11 or later. In one place I'm checking my order status, it shows a date of 08/21/11 as the order date, though pretty much everywhere else, it's showing as 08/21/11. Even my official HP order confirmation email shows an order date of 08/23/11.

I do have a screen print-to-PDF showing the order being placed on 08/21/11, so if they drop my order because it's showing an 08/23/11 date, I have proof that I made one within the allowed timeframe.

[quote name='Sk']I agree with the first part whatever that guy said makes no sense in terms of having a viable business plan.

You're a little mistaken as to what kind of company HP wants to spin off into. They want to split into two new companies (or sell of the Personal PC side) which is smart. HP really hasn't been a contender in recent years when you look at total global sales (its still a strong brand here).

HP's other business is actually a business outsourcing company (they acquired it a few years ago). That business is highly profitable. I too thought they wanted to be a software company but thats not really the case, thats just one of many services they offer to other businesses. Xerox bought a similar company ACS for that very same purpose (their old business model was dead they had a crap load of cash and bought a company in the growing industry of business outsourcing). So when HP said they wanted to expand their service business they meant they wanted to expand it into multiple avenues and not just in terms of selling software.[/QUOTE]Business know that HP is multi-faceted, though to most people off the street, HP is known for their PCs and their printers. And now, the TouchPad.

If HP does spin off their assets into two separate companies as they should do, it should work out easiest for their long-term survival. At this point, it might make sense for them to do more than two companies and make it easier to divide up, if it comes down to it and they pull a IBM and shift their PC business to another vendor.

Here it is -

I finally have some solid news to share about TouchPad availability.

Before I share, let me first say thank you for enthusiasm for this product. Since we announced the price drop, the number of inquiries about the product and the speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning. I think it’s safe to say we were pleasantly surprised by the response.

Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase. See more information in the updated FAQs below.

Bryna (@BrynaatHP) and I (@MarkatHP) will update you here and on Twitter on the status of the new batch of systems. Please continue to share your thoughts and questions with us. Although we can’t respond to every one directly, we are sharing your feedback with teams inside HP.

Please note that many of the questions below address concern about orders previously placed on our HP Home & Home Office and HP Small & Medium Business online stores. It’s important to note that these are separate stores with slightly different procedures. We also know that we’re sparse on information about availability outside the US. We will share updates on regional availability as the information comes in.

Updated TouchPad Availability & Pricing…

Q: When is HP getting more HP TouchPads? One week, two weeks, a month?

A limited supply are coming and it will be a few weeks before they are available. As we know more about how, when, and where TouchPads will be available, we will communicate that here and through email to those who requested notification. We can tell you that HP’s Small and Medium Business team has sold out of HP TouchPads and will not have more inventory.

Q: Can you comment on whether HP had to manufacture more to meet the recent demand?

HP will be manufacturing a limited quantity of TouchPads with webOS during our fourth fiscal quarter 2011, which ends October 31.

Q: Will HP continue to make more TouchPads with webOS to meet the demand?

HP is discontinuing the development of webOS devices and is winding down device operations within our fourth fiscal quarter 2011.

Q: Will the notification/alert emails go out all at once so everyone has a fair shot?

All those who requested notification have been notified today that more are coming in the future, and will be notified again when more specifics are known.

Q: How does HP plan to address disappointed customers?

All those who requested notification have received a one-time exclusive offer along with their email as our thanks for their patience and loyalty throughout this situation.

Q: What about retailers? Some retailers won’t price match or drop their price to $99.

Each retailer will manage their own policy and process regarding pricing and price matching. Please contact the local retailer of your choice to see what their current position is.

Q: Please limit stock to 1 per person: some people are getting 20 and then selling them on craigslist and eBay for a major profit.

If more inventory is available in the future, there will be an order limit.

Q: What if you already own a TouchPad but want to get $99 pricing?

Please contact the retailer or the specific HP store where you originally purchased for their policy on this question.

Q: What about other regions, such as hp.ca, etc.?

At this time, other regions have limited to no inventory available. Please check with your chosen retailer or your local hp.com web site for more information.

Q: Any news on discounted TouchPad accessories or Pre2 or Veer phones or accessories?

Limited inventory remains on TouchPad and smartphone accessories. Please visit HP Home & Home Office or your chosen retailer for current availability as this situation is changing rapidly.

Information about Online Orders…

Q: What does ‘your order has been captured’ mean?

If you received this message when placing an order, it means the order itself was captured. Because of the fast pace of orders being received, that order may not have been fulfilled once processed. If it was not you should have received a cancelation notice.

Q: The website had issues, so I couldn’t place an order. Can I still order a TouchPad?

More information will be available in the next few days about whether HP’s Home & Home Office Store will have more units available in the future or not. HP’s Small and Medium Business team has sold out of HP TouchPads.

Q: Does my TouchPad order qualify for free shipping?

No other discounts or promotions can be applied to the TouchPad promotion. However, because a Free Shipping offer was on the website for a portion of the promotional period and some customers received Free Shipping as a result, we are waiving ground shipping charges for all customers who ordered the TouchPad after the reduced promotional pricing was announced on Saturday August 20. Ground shipping charges are being manually removed from all orders that had ground shipping. However, for those orders that have already shipped and invoiced, a credit will be applied for the standard ground freight charges and a revised invoice sent.

Regretfully, expedited shipping is not available on the TouchPad promotion orders. If you requested and were charged for expedited shipping, you will receive a credit for those charges. If your order has already shipped and invoiced, a credit will be applied and a revised invoice sent.

Q: Can I use an eCoupon or HP corporate discount to my TouchPad order?

No other discounts or promotions can be applied with the TouchPad promotion.

Q: What if your order status says approved but you haven’t received an email yet?

You should have received either an email confirming your order, or an email canceling your order if we were unable to fulfill it. If you received no follow-up emails after placing your order online, please contact us at www.hpdirect.com/shop/liveassistance

Q: Can I return my HP TouchPad?

No. Any HP TouchPad purchased at the price promotion of $99 and $149 is not eligible for a return.

If you are having technical difficulties with your product or it was damaged during deliver, please contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836.

Q: What is the process for withdrawing my cancel request?

Unfortunately, if you requested to have your TouchPad order canceled, it is already in process and cannot be stopped. We are not able to reprocess the order due to lack of TouchPad inventory.

More Information about Online Orders from HP’s Home & Home Office store…

Q: I placed my order online with HP’s Home & Home Office Store. How can I check the status of my order from HP?

For Home & Home Office customers you can check your order status here. Once you follow the steps to either enter order number and phone number or sign into the site, you will be shown your order status:

If it shows Shipped, then your order has already shipped.
If it shows Item being processed, then your order is in queue to be shipped and all shipments should be complete by Wednesday August 24, 2011.
If it shows Order Pending, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.
For all other order statuses, please contact our call center at 1-888-476-3988.

Q: Why was my order canceled from HP Home & Home Office Store?

Because of the fast pace of order volume over the weekend, some customers placed orders which we were unable to fulfill. Those customers received cancelation emails informing them that we were unable to fulfill their order and that their credit would appear on their bank statements within 3-5 business days. If you have not received an email notification and are still uncertain, please visit www.hpdirect.com/shop/liveassistance for more details.

More Information about Online Orders from HP’s Small & Medium Business store…

Q: I ordered from the HP SMB Store during the promotion but the discounted price was not reflected in my cart/order confirmation page/invoice. Is HP honoring the discount price?

Yes, some of our SMB customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price. Most orders are being manually updated to reflect accurate pricing, prior to invoicing being sent. However, for those orders that have already shipped and invoiced, a credit will be applied for the difference and a revised invoice sent.

Q: I placed my order online with HP’s SMB Store. How do I confirm that it was received?

For orders placed after 4am CT on Monday 22nd August, US SMB had already sold out of HP TouchPad. We are unable to fulfill these orders and they have been cancelled. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card, no actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released now that the order has been cancelled.

If you placed an order prior to 4am CT Monday, August 22, we are working through the large volume of orders, verifying payment details and seeking to source inventory for fulfillment. This process is taking longer than first anticipated. At this time, we cannot guarantee supply to all these orders but are working to supply as many orders as possible. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card and your order cannot be fulfilled, no actual charges have been made, and this reserve hold will be released if the order is cancelled.

You can check your order status here. If your order is not recognized, please check your order status again the next business day. When inventory has been allocated the status will change to “shipped.” Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the order status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You can only be certain that we have identified a unit to fulfill your order once the order status shows a shipment tracking number.

Q: Why was my order canceled from HP Small & Medium Business Store?

If you placed an order for a HP TouchPad on Monday, August 22nd – Wednesday, August 24th this was after a Sold Out message was posted on our webstore. All of these orders are being cancelled. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card, no actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released as soon as the order is canceled.

There are several reasons that your order would have been canceled if you placed it on Saturday, August 20th or Sunday, August 21st, such as a duplicate order found or billing issues on the account. If you believe your order was canceled in error, please contact an HP Customer Service Representative at 1-866-625-0242 (Dial option #3) or via Email Customer Service option who will be happy to assist you. Please be aware that we are experiencing significant call volumes with extended wait times, so we ask for your patience.

Here it is:
More TouchPads on the Way
by Administrator Mark_Budgell yesterday - last edited 12 minutes ago

I finally have some solid news to share about TouchPad availability.

Before I share, let me first say thank you for enthusiasm for this product. Since we announced the price drop, the number of inquiries about the product and the speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning. I think it’s safe to say we were pleasantly surprised by the response.

Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase. See more information in the updated FAQs below.

Bryna (@BrynaatHP) and I (@MarkatHP) will update you here and on Twitter on the status of the new batch of systems. Please continue to share your thoughts and questions with us. Although we can’t respond to every one directly, we are sharing your feedback with teams inside HP.

Please note that many of the questions below address concern about orders previously placed on our HP Home & Home Office and HP Small & Medium Business online stores. It’s important to note that these are separate stores with slightly different procedures. We also know that we’re sparse on information about availability outside the US. We will share updates on regional availability as the information comes in.

Updated TouchPad Availability & Pricing…

Q: When is HP getting more HP TouchPads? One week, two weeks, a month?

A limited supply are coming and it will be a few weeks before they are available. As we know more about how, when, and where TouchPads will be available, we will communicate that here and through email to those who requested notification. We can tell you that HP’s Small and Medium Business team has sold out of HP TouchPads and will not have more inventory.

Q: Can you comment on whether HP had to manufacture more to meet the recent demand?

HP will be manufacturing a limited quantity of TouchPads with webOS during our fourth fiscal quarter 2011, which ends October 31.

Q: Will HP continue to make more TouchPads with webOS to meet the demand?

HP is discontinuing the development of webOS devices and is winding down device operations within our fourth fiscal quarter 2011.

Q: Will the notification/alert emails go out all at once so everyone has a fair shot?

All those who requested notification have been notified today that more are coming in the future, and will be notified again when more specifics are known.

Q: How does HP plan to address disappointed customers?

All those who requested notification have received a one-time exclusive offer along with their email as our thanks for their patience and loyalty throughout this situation.

Q: What about retailers? Some retailers won’t price match or drop their price to $99.

Each retailer will manage their own policy and process regarding pricing and price matching. Please contact the local retailer of your choice to see what their current position is.

Q: Please limit stock to 1 per person: some people are getting 20 and then selling them on craigslist and eBay for a major profit.

If more inventory is available in the future, there will be an order limit.

Q: What if you already own a TouchPad but want to get $99 pricing?

Please contact the retailer or the specific HP store where you originally purchased for their policy on this question.

Q: What about other regions, such as hp.ca, etc.?

At this time, other regions have limited to no inventory available. Please check with your chosen retailer or your local hp.com web site for more information.

Q: Any news on discounted TouchPad accessories or Pre2 or Veer phones or accessories?

Limited inventory remains on TouchPad and smartphone accessories. Please visit HP Home & Home Office or your chosen retailer for current availability as this situation is changing rapidly.

Information about Online Orders…

Q: What does ‘your order has been captured’ mean?

If you received this message when placing an order, it means the order itself was captured. Because of the fast pace of orders being received, that order may not have been fulfilled once processed. If it was not you should have received a cancelation notice.

Q: The website had issues, so I couldn’t place an order. Can I still order a TouchPad?

More information will be available in the next few days about whether HP’s Home & Home Office Store will have more units available in the future or not. HP’s Small and Medium Business team has sold out of HP TouchPads.

Q: Does my TouchPad order qualify for free shipping?

No other discounts or promotions can be applied to the TouchPad promotion. However, because a Free Shipping offer was on the website for a portion of the promotional period and some customers received Free Shipping as a result, we are waiving ground shipping charges for all customers who ordered the TouchPad after the reduced promotional pricing was announced on Saturday August 20. Ground shipping charges are being manually removed from all orders that had ground shipping. However, for those orders that have already shipped and invoiced, a credit will be applied for the standard ground freight charges and a revised invoice sent.

Regretfully, expedited shipping is not available on the TouchPad promotion orders. If you requested and were charged for expedited shipping, you will receive a credit for those charges. If your order has already shipped and invoiced, a credit will be applied and a revised invoice sent.

Q: Can I use an eCoupon or HP corporate discount to my TouchPad order?

No other discounts or promotions can be applied with the TouchPad promotion.

Q: What if your order status says approved but you haven’t received an email yet?

You should have received either an email confirming your order, or an email canceling your order if we were unable to fulfill it. If you received no follow-up emails after placing your order online, please contact us at www.hpdirect.com/shop/liveassistance

Q: Can I return my HP TouchPad?

No. Any HP TouchPad purchased at the price promotion of $99 and $149 is not eligible for a return.

If you are having technical difficulties with your product or it was damaged during deliver, please contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836.

Q: What is the process for withdrawing my cancel request?

Unfortunately, if you requested to have your TouchPad order canceled, it is already in process and cannot be stopped. We are not able to reprocess the order due to lack of TouchPad inventory.

More Information about Online Orders from HP’s Home & Home Office store…

Q: I placed my order online with HP’s Home & Home Office Store. How can I check the status of my order from HP?

For Home & Home Office customers you can check your order status here. Once you follow the steps to either enter order number and phone number or sign into the site, you will be shown your order status:

If it shows Shipped, then your order has already shipped.
If it shows Item being processed, then your order is in queue to be shipped and all shipments should be complete by Wednesday August 24, 2011.
If it shows Order Pending, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.
For all other order statuses, please contact our call center at 1-888-476-3988.

Q: Why was my order canceled from HP Home & Home Office Store?

Because of the fast pace of order volume over the weekend, some customers placed orders which we were unable to fulfill. Those customers received cancelation emails informing them that we were unable to fulfill their order and that their credit would appear on their bank statements within 3-5 business days. If you have not received an email notification and are still uncertain, please visit www.hpdirect.com/shop/liveassistance for more details.

More Information about Online Orders from HP’s Small & Medium Business store…

Q: I ordered from the HP SMB Store during the promotion but the discounted price was not reflected in my cart/order confirmation page/invoice. Is HP honoring the discount price?

Yes, some of our SMB customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price. Most orders are being manually updated to reflect accurate pricing, prior to invoicing being sent. However, for those orders that have already shipped and invoiced, a credit will be applied for the difference and a revised invoice sent.

Q: I placed my order online with HP’s SMB Store. How do I confirm that it was received?

For orders placed after 4am CT on Monday 22nd August, US SMB had already sold out of HP TouchPad. We are unable to fulfill these orders and they have been cancelled. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card, no actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released now that the order has been cancelled.

If you placed an order prior to 4am CT Monday, August 22, we are working through the large volume of orders, verifying payment details and seeking to source inventory for fulfillment. This process is taking longer than first anticipated. At this time, we cannot guarantee supply to all these orders but are working to supply as many orders as possible. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card and your order cannot be fulfilled, no actual charges have been made, and this reserve hold will be released if the order is cancelled.

You can check your order status here. If your order is not recognized, please check your order status again the next business day. When inventory has been allocated the status will change to “shipped.” Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the order status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You can only be certain that we have identified a unit to fulfill your order once the order status shows a shipment tracking number.

Q: Why was my order canceled from HP Small & Medium Business Store?

If you placed an order for a HP TouchPad on Monday, August 22nd – Wednesday, August 24th this was after a Sold Out message was posted on our webstore. All of these orders are being cancelled. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card, no actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released as soon as the order is canceled.

There are several reasons that your order would have been canceled if you placed it on Saturday, August 20th or Sunday, August 21st, such as a duplicate order found or billing issues on the account. If you believe your order was canceled in error, please contact an HP Customer Service Representative at 1-866-625-0242 (Dial option #3) or via Email Customer Service option who will be happy to assist you. Please be aware that we are experiencing significant call volumes with extended wait times, so we ask for your patience.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Not coming up for me. Copypasta, dammit![/QUOTE]

It took a few times to load for me. I imagine its cuz huge traffic, lol

Now I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap accessories right now and gamble on getting one under the hope that demand will slow down a little in the next few weeks.

Yes, if this topic doesnt die for a few weeks, I'll be shocked. I'm sure a good percentage of the TP hunters will just let this all die off from their thoughts. Good. Means more for me...
Guess I'll keep the extra case I accidentally ordered...Just in case.
I just hope it's still the firesale price in future.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The $7.99 is the better deal(not to mention, it's all around cheaper). If you were to ask for a refund, you'd get $4 back as they'd say all the other was for shipping. Better to find a similar item with free shipping than to worry about it being $4. That way, there isn't a shipping cost to subtract.
Yeah, you're right. I noticed that after, that's why I threw that edit in there. The item said prime eligible, but that was only if bought from another seller. i made the post based on looking at the item summary rather than looking at the item description. Sorry for the confusion.

I hope that HP has the forethought to make sure that they allocate a TouchPad for every single order that they have pending in their internal orders between the Home/Home Office and SB sides of things before they even think about providing any new ones for sale directly or fulfill 3rd party vendor demand.

I think companies that haven't canceled orders by now are likely to get a firestorm of hate posts/email about the order delay from customers with pending orders.

If they're going to make 100K more units, I wonder how many that would be for internal pending orders. I'd guess probably 50% or more. Hopefully this last batch of TouchPads will have the 1.5GHz processor they were using for the TouchPad 4G and 64GB White TouchPad.

[quote name='shrike4242']I hope that HP has the forethought to make sure that they allocate a TouchPad for every single order that they have pending in their internal orders between the Home/Home Office and SB sides of things before they even think about providing any new ones for sale directly or fulfill 3rd party vendor demand.

I think companies that haven't canceled orders by now are likely to get a firestorm of hate posts/email about the order delay from customers with pending orders.

If they're going to make 100K more units, I wonder how many that would be for internal pending orders. I'd guess probably 50% or more. Hopefully this last batch of TouchPads will have the 1.5GHz processor they were using for the TouchPad 4G and 64GB White TouchPad.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. I have one order pending for myself, and one for my mother-in-law, both placed on Saturday/Sunday through SMB while they were still in stock. It sucks though. According to what I am reading, they aren't guaranteeing they will process all orders already pending. They keep saying how SMB will get no more, but HP Home will and that they are different stores blah blah blah. I said it before: HP is HP. I don't care how they allocate their inventory to what internal store, they have unfulfilled orders at both that they need to take care of prior to selling new ones. I know some CAGs responded in disagreement to that statement before, but really, it's not right to cancel pending orders to process new ones. Not everyone who ordered used a cart glitch and ordered 20...so the rest of us should not be penalized.

While a few weeks sucks in one way, in another it is good for us Cags.
Maybe the hype will die down again (the average consumer has a short attention span) and those of us Cags that still need one will be able to score one.

I am really getting sick of the double talk from HP...

one min its a glitch
then it was ok
after that they promised everyone would get one
now they're claiming thats incorrect

Make up your god fucking damn mind and end it.

[quote name='Zimmy']How about extending the free app offers for those that have to wait?[/QUOTE]

It would probably sell out anyways.....those went SUPER FAST....a bit upsetting, oh well. I'm curious how many codes were available.

[quote name='mightymek']I completely agree with you. I have one order pending for myself, and one for my mother-in-law, both placed on Saturday/Sunday through SMB while they were still in stock. It sucks though. According to what I am reading, they aren't guaranteeing they will process all orders already pending. They keep saying how SMB will get no more, but HP Home will and that they are different stores blah blah blah. I said it before: HP is HP. I don't care how they allocate their inventory to what internal store, they have unfulfilled orders at both that they need to take care of prior to selling new ones. I know some CAGs responded in disagreement to that statement before, but really, it's not right to cancel pending orders to process new ones. Not everyone who ordered used a cart glitch and ordered 20...so the rest of us should not be penalized.[/QUOTE]I'm in the same position as you are for when my single order was placed, when they were showing in-stock at the SMB side of things.

They've made it clear repeatedly that any orders placed on the SMB side after 4AM CT on 08/22/11 will be canceled, and any orders prior to that time frame will get free shipping on their orders.

I expect HP to stick to their repeated statements about this time frame cutoff, fulfill any pending HP SB or H/HO orders will inventory they either have on-hand or will manufacture with this last run of TouchPads, and if they have any left, figure out if they'll keep them for internal sales, send them to 3rd party vendors or both.

If they put them up for sale and cancel any pending orders, there's going to be an ugly firestorm coming for them about the repeated statements they've made about inventory.

It would also be an interesting move to cancel any orders with quantity over 1 to try and fulfill as many orders as possible, or just partially fill those orders with a single unit and not multiples.

ok, short of sounding like a complete idiot, how the hell do you take the battery cover off the hp wireless keyboard? I don't want to pry and break anything and I kinda need to get the batteries in it o_O

The only part im upset about is HP said they'd have more in stock "next week". This was said a day after the firesale ended.
It prevented so many of us from finding a need to rush. So we didnt wake up at 6am and wait at our local Best Buy.

I wish they were firm and honest about when their new shipment was coming in; I wouldve totally woke up early with my GF and camped at BB...Instead i put complete faith in HP's website. Meh. A few weeks from now all the accessories will be gone probably, but oh well. The TP is worth the wait; this thing is a beast.

[quote name='Sodapop Gatts']ok, short of sounding like a complete idiot, how the hell do you take the battery cover off the hp wireless keyboard? I don't want to pry and break anything and I kinda need to get the batteries in it o_O[/QUOTE]

You just slide the far left end of it off to the left. As the picture shows...

[quote name='ssjmichael']oof could be a very long wait. Hopefully they produce several thousand of them, not just a few hundred.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's more than several thousand. To have a hope of meeting unfulfilled demand they need to produce tens of thousands. A few hundred would just make people irate. Of course, I'm not sure making even ten thousand devices which they know they will take a loss on is likely. Who knows.

[quote name='McNutsack']You just slide the far left end of it off to the left. As the picture shows...[/QUOTE]

yup, I just saw the part of the pic that showed it sliding left lol. I swear I'm not normally this stupid....

[quote name='Sodapop Gatts']yup, I just saw the part of the pic that showed it sliding left lol. I swear I'm not normally this stupid....[/QUOTE]

Its Hp fault for not making it clear...a lot of people had the same issue as you.

Ok, so random question. I just got my Touchpad via Onsales Amazon listing. Its the Fb454UT version (which is apparently an internal code for employees or something rather than the retail product code (whatever - this is not the issue). My question is, for anyone who got the same, is that there is a sealed brown box (with HP tape) that says the serial info and has a caution sticker on it. Is there another retail box inside or is this the package? I was hoping to gift it, but if it looks generic it doesnt seem as good.

Sigh. What a screwup. I wont do any hunting in the meantime, instead hoping my SMB order doesn't get cancelled. No way am I paying ebay prices for a dead system. But I did really want one.

Not really sure why HP is being nice and making more. Has to be a motive behind it. Especially if they are taking a loss on each. What gives?

The coupon code is a waste as it only applies to items $600 or more (at least pcs) and that is $500 more than I was going to spend on a touchpad. Grr.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Sigh. What a screwup. I wont do any hunting in the meantime, instead hoping my SMB order doesn't get cancelled. No way am I paying ebay prices for a dead system. But I did really want one.

Not really sure why HP is being nice and making more. Has to be a motive behind it. Especially if they are taking a loss on each. What gives?

The coupon code is a waste as it only applies to items $600 or more (at least pcs) and that is $500 more than I was going to spend on a touchpad. Grr.[/QUOTE]

They were under contract for parts to manufacture touchpads.
Not manufacturing them would actually be more of a loss than selling them at a loss.

[quote name='glennfrank']They were under contract for parts to manufacture touchpads.
Not manufacturing them would actually be more of a loss than selling them at a loss.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that really does make sense. I don't doubt they weren't sure how easy it would be to liquidate existing inventory.

Hmm...I noticed I just got charged for my HP SMB order. It was on the 21st for 2 16gb models (one for me, one for the hubby!) Hopefully this means they are shipping them soon. :D

[quote name='McNutsack']The only part im upset about is HP said they'd have more in stock "next week". This was said a day after the firesale ended.
It prevented so many of us from finding a need to rush. So we didnt wake up at 6am and wait at our local Best Buy.

I wish they were firm and honest about when their new shipment was coming in; I wouldve totally woke up early with my GF and camped at BB...Instead i put complete faith in HP's website. Meh. A few weeks from now all the accessories will be gone probably, but oh well. The TP is worth the wait; this thing is a beast.[/QUOTE]

I think what happened was HP underestimated the amount of orders compared to their warehouse stock. I believe now HP is trying to clean up the mess that has been made by this ordeal. I would hope that the stock from the warehouse is being used to fulfill current/pending orders and what will be left, if any, would be set aside until the last run of Touchpads comes in. And it seems most likely that the fire sale prices will stay since HP is going to continue production until the end of the fiscal quarter as it appears HP has already factored in the total loss associated with killing off the product.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Actually, that really does make sense. I don't doubt they weren't sure how easy it would be to liquidate existing inventory.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it makes sense? How much does the labor cost? If the labor to assemble the devices is expensive, then maybe its not worth selling them to lose money on. Perhaps the parts can be used in other devices.
I'm not saying its not possible, but parts is only half the equation of total cost!

[quote name='Arakias']Ok, so random question. I just got my Touchpad via Onsales Amazon listing. Its the Fb454UT version (which is apparently an internal code for employees or something rather than the retail product code (whatever - this is not the issue). My question is, for anyone who got the same, is that there is a sealed brown box (with HP tape) that says the serial info and has a caution sticker on it. Is there another retail box inside or is this the package? I was hoping to gift it, but if it looks generic it doesnt seem as good.[/QUOTE]

The retail box is inside. I think the other box is just how they ship them to retailers.

[quote name='Arakias']Ok, so random question. I just got my Touchpad via Onsales Amazon listing. Its the Fb454UT version (which is apparently an internal code for employees or something rather than the retail product code (whatever - this is not the issue). My question is, for anyone who got the same, is that there is a sealed brown box (with HP tape) that says the serial info and has a caution sticker on it. Is there another retail box inside or is this the package? I was hoping to gift it, but if it looks generic it doesnt seem as good.[/QUOTE]

My box said something similar, it gave a caution about the battery?
Yeah, inside of that box is the retail HP box...you know, the sexy one that actually has a photo of a TP on it =)

[quote name='Arakias']Are you sure it makes sense? How much does the labor cost? If the labor to assemble the devices is expensive, then maybe its not worth selling them to lose money on. Perhaps the parts can be used in other devices.
I'm not saying its not possible, but parts is only half the equation of total cost![/QUOTE]

I'd agree with the labor if they were manufactured in the US, but they are made in china. Plus, I have no idea how much of it is automated and how much is done by hand. If much of it is automated it would be silly not to manufacture them. Re-tooling the factory takes time & money. But flipping a switch just takes power and a few techs to keep things moving.

So one of my pending charges from released, finally. Not sure if it was Erwin or OnSale. I can't remember my total prior. Will have to crunch some math :)

EDIT: Both charges appear to have been lifted, sweet :)

Just got the email telling me to wait a few weeks for updates... A few weeks?!? Why would it take so long?

No touchpad for me :(

If they're looking at a few weeks or more before inventory shows up in any quantity, it makes me wonder for those people have have some dates in their orders, such as my ship date of 09/11/11 and delivery date of 09/14/11, if those dates will slide or if it's for those people that don't have dates in their orders yet.

HP SMB just authorized my card for a 32 GB from 8/21 but I have no e-mail or updates on my status. They had auth'd it when the order was placed and then lifted it two days later. Anyone else?

[quote name='shrike4242']If they're looking at a few weeks or more before inventory shows up in any quantity, it makes me wonder for those people have have some dates in their orders, such as my ship date of 09/11/11 and delivery date of 09/14/11, if those dates will slide or if it's for those people that don't have dates in their orders yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. According to the FAQ, the estimated shipping dates mean nothing. But then why have so many different dates? Mine shows a shipping date of 9/3 and a delivery date of 9/6. I will rejoice to the Heavens if that turns out to be true...but I'm not holding my breath. For reference, my order was placed on 8/20 at around 1 PM CST.

Another question I have is what the hell happened to all the stock that stores allegedly sent back to HP? I thought THAT'S what we were waiting on...not for them to manufacture more. Something just feels off here.

Did you notice that most people didnt receive that new email from HP today? The one updating us on their situation?
Doesnt it make you LOL?
This mass email never reached the inbox of half the people who signed up for the alerts....
Can you imagine what will happen when they actually email us the notification of them having stock? Seems like some of us may not even ever receive it.
*headache*

Great. I just got my Touchstone and case from Best Buy at lunch. I ordered 2 "PROTECTIVE SILICON COVER FOR NOOK"s per the recommendation here in order to qualify for a bigger % discount.
They weren't in today, but now I got a email saying they were ready for pickup. It says I have until next week to pick them up or they will be cancelled. If I don't pick them up (since I didn't care about them anyway) do I lose that % discount?

Basically I am asking if I need to take the drive to get something I don't really want in order to keep the discount.

bread's done
Back