HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
A dumb question: Is the $50 app credit HP was offering still going on? I've missed all the "free" six-packs, but IIRC there was some credit that could be used. I can't find a free comic book reader and am leery of blowing $1.99* on the one possible option in the App Catalog.

When I had my old Palm OS Handspring Visor a decade ago, I paid $30 or $40 for a program (Pocket Money) that would allow me to log my spending and have it sync with my M$ Money program. Nowadays, you'd be laughed at if you tried to sell an app for that kind of money.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm starting to believe these dumb bastards might actually try to raise the price to $150 or something.[/QUOTE]

Which would still be cheaper than the ~$250 people are charging on amazon and ebay.

[quote name='DirkBelig']A dumb question: Is the $50 app credit HP was offering still going on? I've missed all the "free" six-packs, but IIRC there was some credit that could be used. I can't find a free comic book reader and am leery of blowing $1.99* on the one possible option in the App Catalog.[/QUOTE]

ComicShelf HD is worth the $2. Every damn penny. I get that you're a CAG, but seriously, its $2 bucks. I'm unemployed and was able to swing that after blowing my wad on the 32GB tablet too. Go collect 40+ pop cans and recycle them to afford it!

[quote name='gindias']My Meijer labor day paper that arrived yesterday has the 16gb touchpad at $399 starting today. This ad could have been printed before the price drop though, but its strange becuse I have never seen a tablet in the store there other than Ipads. Meijers selection on electronics is usually pretty limited though.[/QUOTE]

It was in Meijer last week also.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm starting to believe these dumb bastards might actually try to raise the price to $150 or something.[/QUOTE]

It's not really dumb to raise the price. Obviously demand is WAYYYYY higher than supply. They could sell them for 200/250 and probably still sell them all. They are making a huge loss on these anyway, so making a new batch of them is really a service to their customers in the first place.

[quote name='blitz6speed']After having a Folio case previously on my nook color, i did not want another one for the touchpad, i like the feel of a tablet as is. So i bought some front/rear covers. Got this:

http://www.slashgear.com/hp-touchpad-stealtharmor-full-body-kit-fire-sale-on-now-24174064/

With the HPFIRESALE coupon they come out to 20 each and come with front/rear covers. I got the white carbon fiber one for mine and the blue one for my sister. After seeing the video and how high quality it is, i decided it was the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I think I'm going to have to get the black carbon fiber one! :D

Before my HP temp charge vanished. As of 3am this morning I was fully charged, so yeah HP is ramping up production again and looks like they will be fulfilling orders judging by my credit card charge.

If they increase the price, I'll totally understand. That'll kill my want for one though, but coming from a losses angle, I'd understand. The demand alone will overshadow that.

I was attempting to trade my Asus netbook for a 16GB. Just sold it instead for $150, so if HP raises up the price to that ill still bite.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Before my HP temp charge vanished. As of 3am this morning I was fully charged, so yeah HP is ramping up production again and looks like they will be fulfilling orders judging by my credit card charge.[/QUOTE]
I had a pending charge that had disappeared a few days ago plus had gotten a cancellation email. Then this morning I checked and see I got a new pending charge for the same order. So hopefully you're right and they're going to get these orders fulfilled.

So HP should have some in a few weeks or so and I believe TigerDirect will get some soon (just from some posts at SD...dont know anything for sure) so sign up there to be notified and hopefully they actually do notify people that sign up as Newegg did.

Also I got one this morning from a staples kiosk "trick" that's been posted about on SD. Now just hoping it actually ships.

This deal was almost dead but I dont know that it should have been moved yet even if only for the hits.

[quote name='advanced']ComicShelf HD is worth the $2. Every damn penny. I get that you're a CAG, but seriously, its $2 bucks. I'm unemployed and was able to swing that after blowing my wad on the 32GB tablet too. Go collect 40+ pop cans and recycle them to afford it![/QUOTE]OK, I'll get it then. If it sucks, I'll be paying you a visit and you'd better have 20 cans (10 cent deposit here in MI, thus the classic Seinfeld episode) for me! I just want to see how comics display on the screen before dropping the bucks. I like reading on my 24" display, but my laptops (both 1680x1050 and 1280x800) were too small to get the text w/o scrolling around and that messes with seeing how the panels are supposed to play.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I had a pending charge that had disappeared a few days ago plus had gotten a cancellation email. Then this morning I checked and see I got a new pending charge for the same order. So hopefully you're right and they're going to get these orders fulfilled.

So HP should have some in a few weeks or so and I believe TigerDirect will get some soon (just from some posts at SD...dont know anything for sure) so sign up there to be notified and hopefully they actually do notify people that sign up as Newegg did.

Also I got one this morning from a staples kiosk "trick" that's been posted about on SD. Now just hoping it actually ships.

This deal was almost dead but I dont know that it should have been moved yet even if only for the hits.[/QUOTE]What date did you order on? Because according to hps tweets we should be getting an email with shipping info in the next 48 hrs. They're trying to fulfill Oders that were placed before august 22nd 4am.

[quote name='DirkBelig']OK, I'll get it then. If it sucks, I'll be paying you a visit and you'd better have 20 cans (10 cent deposit here in MI, thus the classic Seinfeld episode) for me! I just want to see how comics display on the screen before dropping the bucks. I like reading on my 24" display, but my laptops (both 1680x1050 and 1280x800) were too small to get the text w/o scrolling around and that messes with seeing how the panels are supposed to play.[/QUOTE]

In portrait mode, most of my comics are slightly shrunk down to fit, but I can easily read all text I've been presented. I haven't had the need to try landscape because of this.

I checked my local Beast Buy for the HP cases at lunch and they don't have any. I discovered the same shopping center has a Five Below store. What were people here getting from there? Cases? Before I go for one of the eBay cases, I'd like to get something local that I can check out and/or return if necessary. Thanks.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I checked my local Beast Buy for the HP cases at lunch and they don't have any. I discovered the same shopping center has a Five Below store. What were people here getting from there? Cases? Before I go for one of the eBay cases, I'd like to get something local that I can check out and/or return if necessary. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I got a neoprene-like pouch and a stand. Picked up a rubber backing also but it doesn't fit perfectly. They also have some screen protectors for ipads.

Went to my local BB and they said they're not getting any more in. But the kid's face almost looked like he shit his pants so I don't know how reliable that statement was lol.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I checked my local Beast Buy for the HP cases at lunch and they don't have any. I discovered the same shopping center has a Five Below store. What were people here getting from there? Cases? Before I go for one of the eBay cases, I'd like to get something local that I can check out and/or return if necessary. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
The Griffin Folio case is only $5 (was $10) now at verizon. I guess it may need some slight doctoring but it works well enough from what I've read.

[quote name='ger2396']What date did you order on? Because according to hps tweets we should be getting an email with shipping info in the next 48 hrs. They're trying to fulfill Oders that were placed before august 22nd 4am.[/QUOTE]
My order was well after the cut off. I shouldnt be getting one. My status shows Back Ordered so I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The Griffin Folio case is only $5 (was $10) now at verizon. I guess it may need some slight doctoring but it works well enough from what I've read.[/QUOTE]Define "slight doctoring."

[quote name='ShockandAww']The Griffin Folio case is only $5 (was $10) now at verizon. I guess it may need some slight doctoring but it works well enough from what I've read.
I just ordered that fucker for $10.....dammit

I don't think that folio case is in stock at verizon any more. I have no clue how to put it into checkout.

I Cant get the links to work but try www.ecost.com and do a search for touchstone and/or touchstone.

I didnt see this posted in the last couple of pages...heres an option. They also have the keyboard.

Tweets from Bryna about the SMB orders:

[quote name='Bryna @ HP tweets']#3: Regarding: Credit Cards being re-authorized: "Banking processes re-authorize credit holds every 7 days until the time of purchase.

#2: Expect an email in the next 48 hrs updating you on delivery dates if you made that cut off time. Sounds like a shipping delay of a few wks.

#1: The US SMB team is working to fulfill orders made prior to Monday, August 22nd at 4am CT[/quote]

[quote name='Sk']I don't think that folio case is in stock at verizon any more. I have no clue how to put it into checkout.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to register first to even put it in your cart. I couldn't do it either. AndI can't register without a mobile number either

[quote name='DirkBelig']Define "slight doctoring."[/QUOTE]
I dont know I dont own it, but from what I remember reading it may be slightly too big and the camera hole is a little off.

It is still available at their site but my link stopped working.

How to order it:

1. Go to verizonwireless.com
2. Search the term "folio case"
3. Last result is it. Click it. (Griffin Folio - Black Leather)
4. Click the "Check Compatibility" button
5. Click the small blue "See More Devices" link
6. Click the first one (The Apple Ipad)
7. Click the link to show all recommendations and find the case. Now you should be able to add to cart/checkout.

[quote name='Sk']I don't think that folio case is in stock at verizon any more. I have no clue how to put it into checkout.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='erequena']I think you need to register first to even put it in your cart. I couldn't do it either. AndI can't register without a mobile number either[/QUOTE]

You don't need an account. I just ordered two and I'm glad I waited. I'm for those of you who ordered before the discount. You can probably get a refund and do a buy back or order another online.

Here's the play by play:
1. Go here: Verizon - Grffin Folio
2. Click the "Check Compatibility" button
3. Search for iPad
4. Click "See more devices"
5. Select the 1st iPad shown (should be black 1st gen)
6. Hit the back button, and if you have cookies enabled, you'll get the "add to cart" option
You should be good to go from there.

Best of luck! :)

[quote name='DirkBelig']Are they in stores? I have a Verizon store in the same complex as the Five Below.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You should probably call ahead though. It's the same price at my local store but it's on clearance and in limited supply. Depends on your store.

Another way to get an official case: Buy 2 from hp.com. Use code HPSAVE10 and sell one if you dont need 2.

Edit: OOS at hp

[quote name='ShockandAww']Another way to get an official case: Buy 2 from hp.com. Use code HPSAVE10 and sell one if you dont need 2.[/QUOTE]Not that crazy an idea, since the accessories in the retail channel are drying up rather quickly.

I picked up my accessories from Office Depot pretty much right after they dropped the price by 50% since I knew they wouldn't last long at those prices. So, I have accessories and no TouchPad, and if I can't get one, I'm sure I can turn around and sell the accessories without much issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not that crazy an idea, since the accessories in the retail channel are drying up rather quickly.

I picked up my accessories from Office Depot pretty much right after they dropped the price by 50% since I knew they wouldn't last long at those prices. So, I have accessories and no TouchPad, and if I can't get one, I'm sure I can turn around and sell the accessories without much issue.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just happened to look at recently ended ebay auctions for the official case and they're going for around $45 with shipping so if you take out shipping + paypal/ebay fees you can still get around $30 for it easily.

PS you should have mentioned not being able to get a Touchpad yet. If you want I can keep an eye out and if I can get one I'll send it at cost.

Edit: Of course thats in exchange for one CAG get out of jail free card. (jk)

[quote name='sassylaurie']Just got shipment confirmation info from New Egg they shipped a 16gb this morning[/QUOTE]

How much was it? And when did you order?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Another way to get an official case: Buy 2 from hp.com. Use code HPSAVE10 and sell one if you dont need 2.[/QUOTE]

The folios? Hp.com is out of stock, so no dice there.

[quote name='advanced'] ... and was able to swing that after blowing my wad on the 32GB tablet...[/QUOTE]

what kind of comics are you reading?:whistle2:#

I'll second that ComicShelf HD is worth it. Definitely $2 well spent.

[quote name='sp00ge']The folios? Hp.com is out of stock, so no dice there.[/QUOTE]
Yep they just went oos. Lame.

Also lame is that when they gave out the 25% coupons they took away the free standard shipping option for orders under $50. Lowest shipping was $5.25 but now it's back to free. Imagine that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep they just went oos. Lame.

Also lame is that when they gave out the 25% coupons they took away the free standard shipping option for orders under $50. Lowest shipping was $5.25 but now it's back to free. Imagine that.[/QUOTE]

Sucktastic. I still need two, hell, I'll even settle for one right now, at a reasonable price, of course.

[quote name='sp00ge']Sucktastic. I still need two, hell, I'll even settle for one right now, at a reasonable price, of course.[/QUOTE]

I still gotta try to help you out on that. I've been NOWHERE but work and home this week. Talk about sucktastic...

[quote name='sundoro']Besty Buy just cut their prices for the Blackberry PlayBooks. Of note, they knocked $150 from the 32GB.

Electronista Article
Best Buy PlayBooks

Someone posted this earlier. Touchpad Folio. Shipping might kill this but it comes out to about $30 including shipping, which seems somewhat better than the eBay offerings.[/QUOTE]

Those prices still seem too high for a 7 inch tablet. How does RIM expect to sell them at those prices?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah I just happened to look at recently ended ebay auctions for the official case and they're going for around $45 with shipping so if you take out shipping + paypal/ebay fees you can still get around $30 for it easily.

PS you should have mentioned not being able to get a Touchpad yet. If you want I can keep an eye out and if I can get one I'll send it at cost.

Edit: Of course thats in exchange for one CAG get out of jail free card. (jk)[/QUOTE]I picked up a Touchstone, a Folio case and a HP BT keyboard from OD right when they dropped, so from an accessories standpoint, I'm good. It's just the TP that I'm waiting on, so hopefully I get an update on my SMB order in the next 48 hours and then we can see what happens.

[quote name='Ronin317']I still gotta try to help you out on that. I've been NOWHERE but work and home this week. Talk about sucktastic...[/QUOTE]
Lets play GET THE MODS A TOUCHPAD!

I dont know, but if my staples order comes through, I'll be getting a 32GB which I'll sell for $165 shipped to anywhere in the US. edit: That will actually leave me about $10 in the hole on it if I ship priority. Shrike gets it if he wants it with Spooge next in line. I should know I imagine within the next couple days if its actually going to ship. Delivery estimate on it is the 7th and it's in "processing" status.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Lets play GET THE MODS A TOUCHPAD!

I dont know, but if my staples order comes through, I'll be getting a 32GB which I'll sell for $165 shipped to Shrike if he wants it with Spooge next in line if he wants it. I should know I imagine within the next couple days if its actually going to ship. Delivery estimate on it is the 7th and it's in "processing" status.[/QUOTE]I'll keep that in mind if my HP SMB order falls through.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Lets play GET THE MODS A TOUCHPAD!

I dont know, but if my staples order comes through, I'll be getting a 32GB which I'll sell for $165 shipped to anywhere in the US. edit: That will actually leave me about $10 in the hole on it if I ship priority. Shrike gets it if he wants it with Spooge next in line. I should know I imagine within the next couple days if its actually going to ship. Delivery estimate on it is the 7th and it's in "processing" status.[/QUOTE]

Aww man:cry:

bread's done
Back