HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killer9']Aww man:cry:[/QUOTE]
Well on the bright side:

1. Be patient and keep looking and you'll get one.
2. I have no idea if I'm even getting the one I ordered.
3. The 32GB is not necessary. The 16GB is the better deal considering you can sign up for a box.net account which along with a Touchpad gives you 50GB free cloud storage.
4. I'm going to keep trying to get them until they're done with it and if my staples order ships and I can get a couple more after that I'll play GET KILLER9 A TOUCHPAD!

I should be getting mine tomorrow. Like shriek, I had purchased the accessories beforehand; I got them from BB with some trade in credit. I got two touchstones and a case.

My pending charge for my HP SMB order has reappeared after disappearing 3 days after the initial order, so I hope it's getting ready to ship.

[quote name='Ronin317']I still gotta try to help you out on that. I've been NOWHERE but work and home this week. Talk about sucktastic...[/QUOTE]

Well, what the hell are you doing home? You should be out looking for some for me. :lol: Damn kids and their lack of priority.

Walmart pulled them from online, so I can't even use the store locator anymore, so who knows if those stores still have them.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Lets play GET THE MODS A TOUCHPAD![/QUOTE]

Not a touchpad, but the HP folio case. A few stores up his way had a few, but I haven't had the time to make the drive myself.

I already have two 32GB TPs.

Just heard from PCMallGov. My order of two 16GB Touchpads will be shipping. Looks like my mom and brother each get one after all. Amazed that actually went through considering it's two weeks after the order was placed.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont know I dont own it, but from what I remember reading it may be slightly too big and the camera hole is a little off.

It is still available at their site but my link stopped working.

[/QUOTE]

F it. For $5.22 with free 2-day shipping, I'll give it try. Ordered.

[quote name='pjb16']My pending charge for my HP SMB order has reappeared after disappearing 3 days after the initial order, so I hope it's getting ready to ship.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I ordered Aug 20th I believe (maybe 21st) and the charge was pending for 5days. Then it disappeared on the 25th. Just today the charge reappears as pending. WTF? Please go through!

mines gone from credit approved to credit hold today....still no spending charges on my car though...ordered n the 21st

[quote name='pjb16']My pending charge for my HP SMB order has reappeared after disappearing 3 days after the initial order, so I hope it's getting ready to ship.[/QUOTE]

my order juss got confirmed from hp smb few days ago, told me on the phone it may b 6-8 weeks to be shippd

[quote name='streydogg781']my order juss got confirmed from hp smb few days ago, told me on the phone it may b 6-8 weeks to be shippd[/QUOTE]

Well mine got confirmed like a week ago.

people who bought from newegg didnt get any refunds - I think it was mentioned in their product page even when it was $399 and $499. Their prices didnt go down to $99 or $149.

So from the sounds of the posts deals pretty much dead but they are possibly honoring some old orders. Is this correct or is something like hp.com still working on and off? Thanks.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']people who bought from newegg didnt get any refunds - I think it was mentioned in their product page even when it was $399 and $499. Their prices didnt go down to $99 or $149.[/QUOTE]
They did get refunds. Also if you signed up to be auto notified of stock Neweggs been calling people to place orders. I'm mad at myself for signing up to be notified from everyone except them.

[quote name='floormat']So from the sounds of the posts deals pretty much dead but they are possibly honoring some old orders. Is this correct or is something like hp.com still working on and off? Thanks.[/QUOTE]For right now everywhere is basically OOS. There will probably be more from HP at some point (in a few weeks maybe) and I've read that TigerDirect has some but they havent listed them yet if they actually do. Sign up to be notified from them just in case.

Aaron's may have some in store but dont let them scam you. Not all will sell for a decent price but some people have been able to get 1 without being ripped off.

My friend was able to find a pair of Griffin folio cases at a V'zon store. He says they work fine. Five Below was a trip. Lot of weird junk, but I picked up the complete DVD series of My Own Worst Enemy for $5.

I bought Comic Shelf HD and other than having to reboot to get the damn comics to be recognized by the program, it's pretty wizard. (Yeah, I watched Robot Chicken Star Wars III the other night.)

Now I need a media player app.

Amazon has a lightning deal listed at 4PM PDT:

"Go wireless with this HP accessory"

It might be a little bit of a stretch, but maybe the Touchstone? (it's in stock right now on Amazon, so...)

Received my official HP TouchPad case from Cost Central yesterday, case is very nice but even for the sale price of $25.99 I almost skipped buying it. I guess it's a good thing I didn't, it's really hard to find now.

[quote name='rexflexall']Received my official HP TouchPad case from Cost Central yesterday, case is very nice but even for the sale price of $25.99 I almost skipped buying it. I guess it's a good thing I didn't, it's really hard to find now.[/QUOTE]

Got mine from them as well yesterday. Didn't even know they'd sent it and was actually about to cancel my order and pick up something else. Glad I didn't. Really like the case; lightweight and adds just the right amount of protection. Now if I could just find a Touchstone on the cheap!

[quote name='gloveslap415']Same. This search is turning into hell.[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the humor, your signature gargles balls on small screens...

[quote name='DirkBelig']My friend was able to find a pair of Griffin folio cases at a V'zon store. He says they work fine. Five Below was a trip. Lot of weird junk, but I picked up the complete DVD series of My Own Worst Enemy for $5.

I bought Comic Shelf HD and other than having to reboot to get the damn comics to be recognized by the program, it's pretty wizard. (Yeah, I watched Robot Chicken Star Wars III the other night.)

Now I need a media player app.[/QUOTE]

Thats the one fault of CSHD. And for a media player app, KalemSoft's is pretty down, but I didn't test it before I did the recommended logging shut off thing. KS has played everything I've tossed at it with ease. Its a bit expensive for an app, but I'd rather be able to play anything than have to convert everything.

I just got this email from Office Depot:

Great news, we now have inventory available to fill your recent order for the 32GB HP Touchpad Tablet. We have received some cancellations of confirmed orders, making a limited quantity of 32 GB Touchpad Tablets available to fill backorders.

Orders will be filled in the order that they were placed, while supplies last, and subject to approval from your credit card provider. We want to be able to fill as many orders as possible so we are not accepting any new orders for this product.

If you still want to receive your order, please reply to this email to confirm your interest. We must receive your reply no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 6th.

We expect to ship orders the week of September 12th and you will receive an updated email notification at that time.

If you no longer want us to fill this order please reply to let us know and we’ll be happy to cancel it immediately.

Thank you for choosing Office Depot.

Vaguely good news about Office Depot trying to fulfill canceled orders on TouchPads. No surprise they won't be doing new orders, as I'm sure they won't have enough to fulfill all of their canceled orders. That's more than I expected them to do at this point.

[quote name='shrike4242']Vaguely good news about Office Depot trying to fulfill canceled orders on TouchPads. No surprise they won't be doing new orders, as I'm sure they won't have enough to fulfill all of their canceled orders. That's more than I expected them to do at this point.[/QUOTE]

Here's to hoping OfficeMax is able to do the same thing...

People who ordered from newegg didnt get any refunds - I spoke to a guy who on newegg before the deal was even started to catch up with all stores that thursday night/friday night. He said that HP Prices dont reflect their decision on how much they need to sell it for.

Doubt anyone cares but the Puyallup Best Buy store in Western Washington has 7 touchstones available even though I don't think they show up online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kelegacy']Yay! Just got an email from SMB that says they can fulfill my order and should be shipping out in 1-2 weeks. Awesome.[/QUOTE]Me, too. Here's the sauce:

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad order xxxxxxxx

The response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. As we sold out of our existing stock very quickly, we are in the process of re-allocating stock to SMB customers. We should receive this stock within 2 weeks, at which time your order will then ship with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next 2 weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

If this delay is not acceptable and you wish to cancel your order: Please send an email to [email protected] with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,
Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ

I tried calling, but they said hold time was 35 minutes, so I sent a note cuz my card expires this month.

Now, I guess it's just a matter of waiting out my email from HP. Up to two weeks longer isn't that bad, since we're almost at that point now.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Me, too. Here's the sauce:

The response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. As we sold out of our existing stock very quickly, we are in the process of re-allocating stock to SMB customers. We should receive this stock within 2 weeks, at which time your order will then ship with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next 2 weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

If this delay is not acceptable and you wish to cancel your order: Please send an email to [email protected] with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,

I tried calling, but they said hold time was 35 minutes, so I sent a note cuz my card expires this month.[/QUOTE]
wtf i didnt get one =[ and I ordered it on the 20th

[quote name='DirkBelig']Me, too. Here's the sauce:

Sincerely,

I tried calling, but they said hold time was 35 minutes, so I sent a note cuz my card expires this month.[/QUOTE]

i got my confirmation three days ago from them and they said it could be six to eight weeks to ship out

What's strange is I only got one email, for one of my SMB orders. I was having trouble with the SMB site like everyone else on the 20th, and I was doing it all from my Droid X in the hospital with my wife who just has our second child. So, I thought my first order didn't go through because it just kicked me out instead of confirming it and went to an error screen, so I placed another one and wound up duping. But both were confirmed. I looked up the status of the order not mentioned in the email and it says it's scheduled to ship the 4th...whereas my SMB "guaranteed" one says Date Will Follow. Weird.

Not that I'm complaining. I would be happy with the one order. i just want a Touchpad to use in the house. If I have to share it with my wife, great. I did hope to give one to my mother for her birthday to use as an Ereader and internet surfing item (and for work, if she could use it), but I'd manage.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Ugh. Sounds like Amazon isn't going to go for greatness, but just make a hardware dongle for their site like the iPad is for iTMS: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/02/amazon-kindle-tablet/[/QUOTE]

Makes the most business sense at the moment -- Amazon will get their feet wet in the tablet market and see how it goes from there. At the moment, the iPad is cannibalizing mostly all competitors. Chances are, Amazon wasn't going to bet that they can take on Apple.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Got my refund from datavision.

Didn't get an email from HP SMB regarding my order.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry yet. Like I said in my above email, I haven't received an email for one of my orders. Seems hit or miss. Or maybe they recognized me as a person who already had one order and won't recognize my other one.

Both my orders were on the 20th before 4 PM. I think I was attempting to put in order in around 2 and didn't succeed until after 3.

In case you guys didn't find these codes yet.. I think they are both still valid: (The birds one went invalid at one point today but supposedly is back working again...)

AudioPhileHDPro ebmxr53816hugpb
Audubon Birds CYDQE22373DHLGO

[quote name='hellmutt']In case you guys didn't find these codes yet.. I think they are both still valid: (The birds one went invalid at one point today but supposedly is back working again...)

AudioPhileHDPro ebmxr53816hugpb
Audubon Birds CYDQE22373DHLGO[/QUOTE]Audiophile one didn't work.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Audiophile one didn't work.[/QUOTE]

I suggest you try it again, it really should be working... Can anyone else confirm?

Oh and BTW be prepared for an insanely long download and installation period with the Birds app.

Edited for Caps: EBMXR 53816 HUGPB

I got the 2 week ETA email from SMB for one of my orders as well (the one placed on the 20th). The order I placed for my mother-in-law on the 21st has not received that email yet. So we'll see if she gets hers or not.

bread's done
Back