HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='glennfrank']I checked my order status on Tiger Direct again and now it says "Partial Backorder". The keyboard is apparently on backorder, but.... I have a UPS tracking number listed for the touchpad. :D[/QUOTE]

Well, we got my GF's Touchpad yesterday, despite the cancellation email from Tiger Direct. :applause: I can finally rest easier! This was stressful to say the least.

She ended up paying a little more for her's than I did, but it was still a bargain. (I ended up kicking $50 in on hers just so I could be done with the searching/twitter watching- I will take the keyboard since I don't have one and she wasn't interested).

Good luck to those that are still searching!

[quote name='koji126']Oh, haha. Well at least you got in on that before anyone else did.[/QUOTE]He's been trying to get quite a few more than one for "family members". :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']He's been trying to get quite a few more than one for "family members". :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh...haha. I'm trying to just get one for me.

If these become available somewhere, I hope someone creates a new thread. I'm really interested, as are a lot of people, but we'd definitely miss it if it were mentioned in this thread where people are mainly talking about existing orders.

My QVC finally updated today, stating the package should be delivered tomorrow.
That's good!
But the Touchpad is cursed.
That's bad!
But you get your choice of apps.
That's good!
But the OS is discontinued!
....Can I go now?

HP SMB order - Planned Delivery Date now "date will follow"

Last Update: 16-Sep-2011 01:06 GMT

Mr. Admin still controls my fate.

Tiger Direct Order 16 gig HP Tablet came in today, and they shipped the bluetooth keyboard seperately.

The touchstone charger is on back order so that's probably why I haven't been charged yet.

No status on my HP SMB order yet.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Tiger Direct Order 16 gig HP Tablet came in today, and they shipped the bluetooth keyboard seperately.

The touchstone charger is on back order so that's probably why I haven't been charged yet.

No status on my HP SMB order yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here(32gb).

Sorry if it's been posted before but where's the guide for installing preware? The ones I see online is asking for 99 cents???

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Just ordered a 16gb from Price Pros through Amazon marketplace. Price were $108.35 + sh.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw that on Amazon yesterday afternoon. Must have been just before you bought it. I have yet to get a TP, so I considered buying it for a moment, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that it was a scam. It seemed too good to be true.

Could you do me a favor? Could you let me know if you actually do receive it and if it's in working order? Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'd like to know if I missed a shot at getting a TP.

My girlfriend just called to say that my OD 32GB one arrived at her house today. OD never sent a shipment notice, but my CC has the pending charge on it; no charges from HP yet. My 16GB HP BFG unit was delivered to my home today, too. Checking CL shows the frenzy has died down and prices are about $50-$75 over list. I've got friends who are looking for these, but I REALLY want a Galaxy S II and may pimp these if I can for some phone chedda.

The end results of the Weekend of Touchpad Madness: Two 16GB and two 32GB units from Office Depot, HP SMB, and Kmart. Only the Amazon/OnSale deal washed out. Only bummer is that the 16GB OD one was overpriced at $130. Balls.

[quote name='Vader582']These are employees at least and they are limiting the orders to 1 per person. This should have been implemented from the beginning.[/QUOTE]
The other retailers should have done that too. Particularly, Best Buy. They were letting employees buy several at a time...

The TP wireless keyboard is back in stock at Amazon for $34.99 + FS, but I'm not sure if should go ahead and order one (since it might be the last shipment in) or if I should wait a little while longer for a lower price.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']The TP wireless keyboard is back in stock at Amazon for $34.99 + FS, but I'm not sure if should go ahead and order one (since it might be the last shipment in) or if I should wait a little while longer for a lower price.[/QUOTE]
If you want one, I'd say buy it now. The KB could also be more expensive the harder it becomes to find.

Good grief, how the hell do I get one of these things without paying double or triple the price. Went to RS the other day when it was posted on SD that they were in stock and it was a no go even though the sales person told me to come in and she could order one for me.

[quote name='thebob101']Good grief, how the hell do I get one of these things without paying double or triple the price. Went to RS the other day when it was posted on SD that they were in stock and it was a no go even though the sales person told me to come in and she could order one for me.[/QUOTE]Right now, I think the prices on eBay have been dropping, according to the SD knuckledraggers. Same goes for CL.

Random appearances on Amazon have been semi-close to retail price, though it'll take a lot of F5-ing and checking the site to see if you can find one.

There's been some CAGs that have ended up with more than one, and some of those may not try to pull a SD and sell it for a reasonable price.

If I had an extra one, I'd be happy to sell it to you for cost + shipping, though as I only have one in the great land of HP SMB backorders, I don't even have mine yet.

i ordered my skin protector from skinromi. well worth it for $5. although there are some blemeshes and streak but those are claimed to disappeared in a few days so we'll see. i kinda wish i bought one for the back but then again, i have an HP folio case which already covers the back.

[quote name='thebob101']Good grief, how the hell do I get one of these things without paying double or triple the price. Went to RS the other day when it was posted on SD that they were in stock and it was a no go even though the sales person told me to come in and she could order one for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to get one as well. I'll send you a pm or something if some site happens to get stock or if I happen to get more than one.

[quote name='mac101010']Is the BestBuy inventory checker accurate? I'm thinking about hitting up a couple of them even though they're saying unavailable.[/QUOTE]

I would say that if BB did get any in then they would have been picked up by BB employees even before the store opened.

I have a buyer from craigslist wants to buy HP Touchpad for $400 each. BTW, this guy is rich and he's from Beverly Hills. Should I sell it or what? I have done prior research on him.

Edit: I have to meet him tomorrow @ 2pm at Starbuck. I need a backup.

[quote name='Vader582']If you want one, I'd say buy it now. The KB could also be more expensive the harder it becomes to find.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's true, I'll order it then. Thanks. :)

[quote name='david12795']i ordered my skin protector from skinromi. well worth it for $5. although there are some blemeshes and streak but those are claimed to disappeared in a few days so we'll see. i kinda wish i bought one for the back but then again, i have an HP folio case which already covers the back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, just ordered one from them through amazon and so did my friend. :)

Just came home to find nothing on my porch, as I expected since it's been 10-1/2 hours since delivery. Someone is probably looking at it and trying to figure out where iToonz is. fuck. People are fucking savages. They just walk up and steal your stuff because they think they're entitled to it.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Just came home to find nothing on my porch, as I expected since it's been 10-1/2 hours since delivery. Someone is probably looking at it and trying to figure out where iToonz is. fuck. People are fucking savages. They just walk up and steal your stuff because they think they're entitled to it.[/QUOTE]

Ouch

[quote name='DirkBelig']Just came home to find nothing on my porch, as I expected since it's been 10-1/2 hours since delivery. Someone is probably looking at it and trying to figure out where iToonz is. fuck. People are fucking savages. They just walk up and steal your stuff because they think they're entitled to it.[/QUOTE]
Or maybe the delivery person left it with a neighbor or the package had to be signed for and they took it back with them because there was no one there to sign for it? Why must it always be the most negative of thoughts/ideas that we think of?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have a buyer from craigslist wants to buy HP Touchpad for $400 each. BTW, this guy is rich and he's from Beverly Hills. Should I sell it or what? I have done prior research on him.

Edit: I have to meet him tomorrow @ 2pm at Starbuck. I need a backup.[/QUOTE]

That sounds sketchy. Why not just buy a Asus Transformer....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Or maybe the delivery person left it with a neighbor or the package had to be signed for and they took it back with them because there was no one there to sign for it? Why must it always be the most negative of thoughts/ideas that we think of?[/QUOTE]Because the tracking info I saw on the site at noon said, "Left at front door. Signature Service not requested," and there was a delivery notice Post-It by my apartment hallway door saying they'd delivered the package without stating where it was left. My apartment's porch is set the farthest away from the sidewalk so someone would have to see it and walk quite a ways to swipe it. There is a bush that obscures half of the porch from the street and a smart driver would've put it towards that side. However, even if they did, my neighbors or their shady friends could've spotted it and had all day to make the 10-second round trip to go a'stealin'.

Why do I think negative thoughts? Because something negative happened. It was delivered and just dumped on the porch and thus at the mercies of the honesty of others. As the riots and looting in England and flash mobs in America show, there's not much honesty in circulation and now I've got to hassle with FedEx, HP, my credit card company, etc. to either get reimbursed or another Touchpad. I'm only lucky in that it wasn't my one and only hope of getting one.

Since I live alone and my neighbors aren't home days either, I usually ship my online purchases to my girlfriend's place or my work unless it's coming USPS like GoHastings orders. My g/f has told me lately UPS and FedEx haven't even been trying to get a signature; they just knock on the door and leave it on the porch and in the 'hood where she lives, that's pretty effing retarded. She's got bushes, too, but people can just walk by and see something interesting and help themselves. Why retailers are shipping pricey stuff and having it ditched w/o signatures makes no sense, even if its cheaper. I've had to schlep over to UPS or FedEx depots to pick up stuff when I missed deliveries and can't wait for the next day. Now I've got to race home from work to beat the moochers because they can't take it with them? FTS!

[quote name='DirkBelig']Because the tracking info I saw on the site at noon said, "Left at front door. Signature Service not requested," and there was a delivery notice Post-It by my apartment hallway door saying they'd delivered the package without stating where it was left. My apartment's porch is set the farthest away from the sidewalk so someone would have to see it and walk quite a ways to swipe it. There is a bush that obscures half of the porch from the street and a smart driver would've put it towards that side. However, even if they did, my neighbors or their shady friends could've spotted it and had all day to make the 10-second round trip to go a'stealin'.

Why do I think negative thoughts? Because something negative happened. It was delivered and just dumped on the porch and thus at the mercies of the honesty of others. As the riots and looting in England and flash mobs in America show, there's not much honesty in circulation and now I've got to hassle with FedEx, HP, my credit card company, etc. to either get reimbursed or another Touchpad. I'm only lucky in that it wasn't my one and only hope of getting one.

Since I live alone and my neighbors aren't home days either, I usually ship my online purchases to my girlfriend's place or my work unless it's coming USPS like GoHastings orders. My g/f has told me lately UPS and FedEx haven't even been trying to get a signature; they just knock on the door and leave it on the porch and in the 'hood where she lives, that's pretty effing retarded. She's got bushes, too, but people can just walk by and see something interesting and help themselves. Why retailers are shipping pricey stuff and having it ditched w/o signatures makes no sense, even if its cheaper. I've had to schlep over to UPS or FedEx depots to pick up stuff when I missed deliveries and can't wait for the next day. Now I've got to race home from work to beat the moochers because they can't take it with them? FTS![/QUOTE]

How many of these things have you ordered now anyway?

[quote name='DirkBelig']I answered that upthread and what of it? I should enjoy having my stuff stolen because I have more than one?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help... Also doesn't help your complaints early on about not being able to get one.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']How many of these things have you ordered now anyway?[/QUOTE]
:lol: It's amazing to me how many on here who complain about hoarders do the same thing but suddenly it's ok for them to do it.

You have me mistaken for someone else. During that crazy weekend, I was dashing along with everyone else it seemed from site to site to try and get one and placed orders everywhere in the hopes of scoring one from someplace. That it ended up having four of the five coming through was fortuitous because between myself, my g/f, and a friend who wanted another one so he could get his back from his Angry Birds addicted mother, I needed the extras.

But that's neither here nor there. FedEx carelessly left a valuable package where it was vulnerable to be stolen and your reaction is I shouldn't complain because I have too many? Hoo boy, there's little question as to what sorts of politicians you vote for, is there? SMH.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck that your stuff got stolen, just that you're one of a very vocal group of folks who are so vehemently anti hoarding from deals. Yet now you've mentioned that you managed to get multiple of the Touchpads, while some CAG's are still trying in vain to find ONE.

I distinctly remember you complaining about people buying multiples of the same games in the Blockbuster thread during a BOGO sale.

But I guess hoarding is ok when it's for you and your family but not ok when you say it isn't, right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: It's amazing to me how many on here who complain about hoarders do the same thing but suddenly it's ok for them to do it.[/QUOTE]People here snapped up 6 and 8 units if they could for everyone they knew, but if I get lucky and end up with four (counting the stolen one) from three places, two of which I didn't know would come through, suddenly I'm some sort of hypocrite who deserves to be robbed in the eyes of Internet d-bags?!? How many do you clowns have?

I got hung out to dry by OnSale like most that day. The HP SMB site was so busy crashing that day, I didn't want to risk trying to put in my g/f's address for shipping, thus it coming to my place to be stolen. One Office Depot order was a backorder the moment I checked out and only a week or two ago did I get a note that they may be able to come up with on. The other OD pad cost me $138 because they didn't put out 16GB ones at $99 like everyone else, so I overpaid for my g/f's. The only one of the bunch that went down with minimal pain was Kmart and I had still to call them twice to get the $24 tax they overcharged me refunded.

I'm not sure why you two are being petty little brats about this. If someone stole your property, I wouldn't be sneering about how it served you right because you had too many. Jerks. :roll:

[quote name='DirkBelig']People here snapped up 6 and 8 units if they could for everyone they knew, but if I get lucky and end up with four (counting the stolen one) from three places, two of which I didn't know would come through, suddenly I'm some sort of hypocrite who deserves to be robbed in the eyes of Internet d-bags?!? How many do you clowns have?

I got hung out to dry by OnSale like most that day. The HP SMB site was so busy crashing that day, I didn't want to risk trying to put in my g/f's address for shipping, thus it coming to my place to be stolen. One Office Depot order was a backorder the moment I checked out and only a week or two ago did I get a note that they may be able to come up with on. The other OD pad cost me $138 because they didn't put out 16GB ones at $99 like everyone else, so I overpaid for my g/f's. The only one of the bunch that went down with minimal pain was Kmart and I had still to call them twice to get the $24 tax they overcharged me refunded.

I'm not sure why you two are being petty little brats about this. If someone stole your property, I wouldn't be sneering about how it served you right because you had too many. Jerks. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I had two actually. One I bought(16gb) from Best Buy when it went live on their website and the other(32gb) that I bought when I just happened to go to Best Buy right as they had stock in.

I sold both to friends(both from CAG) for a lil over what I paid for each to compensate for time to locate em. I originally was going to keep the 16gb to mess around with myself, but I figured I'd have been bored of it in a month.

I was not trying to be a d-bag and I think that your Touchpad that got delivered being stolen sucks. The only thing I take issue with is that you criticize others(in the Blockbuster thread in particular) for grabbing multiples of some of the bogo sale games, yet here you sit with FOUR Touchpads while other folks on CAG have ZERO to show for all of their efforts to find ONE.

In my opinion that makes you a hypocrite and I expect to no longer see you calling other people hoarders when they may mention buying multiples of ANY deal.

Again, I think the fact your TP allegedly got stolen sucks and I would not wish for that to happen. I do hope you get it resolved, either via being issued a refund for the stolen item or being sent a replacement.

Honestly I think that for his case like others it isnt hoarding it was uncertanty and odds. I don't blame them for trying multiple sites, it was nuts and still is, and will be again when HP announces new stock. What matters is how they handle their bounty, I thinkin selling on this site asking for some extra for trouble etc is acceptable, however gouging is not, to me 50 over MSRP before shipping is beyond a little extra.. Not to say the above does, did, or will do that, but there are enough examples of that as it is . I for one am sorry to hear what happened and hope you get some sort of good result from it. Now I'll continue my quest for 3 more touchpad (2 friends and my mom)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm not saying it doesn't suck that your stuff got stolen, just that you're one of a very vocal group of folks who are so vehemently anti hoarding from deals. Yet now you've mentioned that you managed to get multiple of the Touchpads, while some CAG's are still trying in vain to find ONE.

I distinctly remember you complaining about people buying multiples of the same games in the Blockbuster thread during a BOGO sale.

But I guess hoarding is ok when it's for you and your family but not ok when you say it isn't, right?[/QUOTE]If you don't understand the difference between buying up all the games (or whatever) in order to flip them for great profit, denying other people the ability to get one for themselves to PLAY and buying enough for friends and family to have for their use, NOT to flip on Craig's List, then you've got a severe case of moral relativism and hypocrisy, Bub.

Yeah, I was vocal about the Ferengis - you were one of the most self-righteous greedheads, weren't you? - because they were cleaning out the stores for the express purpose of making profit and if anyone else couldn't find a game because El Hoardo snarfed them all up, too fucking bad for them! They should've skipped work or school and gotten to the Blockbuster at 10 am the day the sale started.

While driving around in futility the Saturday morning as Beast Buy told the gathered people they'd all been returned only to start selling that night, I got a PM from a CAG in my area who said he'd run into some joker who was bragging about how he'd bought every TP in a 15 mile circle. I was trying to get one for myself, my g/f and my friend to USE - I wasn't going to profit from them - but because you don't like being called out as the greedy Ferengi you are, you're going to enjoy my being robbed and try to make a false equivalence between my shopping for friends and your looting for nothing more than profit? Spare me.

I don't have "multiple of the Touchpads, while some CAG's are still trying in vain to find ONE." I have ONE Touchpad. My girlfriend's folks have ONE Touchpad. My friend is buying the 32GB I got at my g/f's house today so his mother can have the 16GB he was able to find himself. The one that got stolen was probably going to one of several friends or co-workers. FOUR Touchpads going to FOUR different people to USE.

I'm just trying to hook my peeps up and put in a lot of hours in the process. You run around depriving people of entertainment in order to make money. Sorry, Bub, but you're the greedy hoarder here. Thanks for reminding us who the greedhounds are.

[quote name='DirkBelig']If you don't understand the difference between buying up all the games (or whatever) in order to flip them for great profit, denying other people the ability to get one for themselves to PLAY and buying enough for friends and family to have for their use, NOT to flip on Craig's List, then you've got a severe case of moral relativism and hypocrisy, Bub.

Yeah, I was vocal about the Ferengis - you were one of the most self-righteous greedheads, weren't you? - because they were cleaning out the stores for the express purpose of making profit and if anyone else couldn't find a game because El Hoardo snarfed them all up, too fucking bad for them! They should've skipped work or school and gotten to the Blockbuster at 10 am the day the sale started.

While driving around in futility the Saturday morning as Beast Buy told the gathered people they'd all been returned only to start selling that night, I got a PM from a CAG in my area who said he'd run into some joker who was bragging about how he'd bought every TP in a 15 mile circle. I was trying to get one for myself, my g/f and my friend to USE - I wasn't going to profit from them - but because you don't like being called out as the greedy Ferengi you are, you're going to enjoy my being robbed and try to make a false equivalence between my shopping for friends and your looting for nothing more than profit? Spare me.

I don't have "multiple of the Touchpads, while some CAG's are still trying in vain to find ONE." I have ONE Touchpad. My girlfriend's folks have ONE Touchpad. My friend is buying the 32GB I got at my g/f's house today so his mother can have the 16GB he was able to find himself. The one that got stolen was probably going to one of several friends or co-workers. FOUR Touchpads going to FOUR different people to USE.

I'm just trying to hook my peeps up and put in a lot of hours in the process. You run around depriving people of entertainment in order to make money. Sorry, Bub, but you're the greedy hoarder here. Thanks for reminding us who the greedhounds are.[/QUOTE]
ANYONE buying more than ONE or keeping more than ONE is a hoarder imo. Am I a hoarder? Yes. I know I am. But I don't try to justify it by saying 'oh I'm giving/selling it to so n so to USE'.

If you bought more than ONE for YOUR OWN personal use(whether accidental or intentional) then you are a hoarder.

As for grabbing up every game at Blockbuster to flip, I haven't done that in a while. But I do flip the games I PLAY after I get done with them, since that gives me the best return for my money/credit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. I'm done. I just find it funny how many people on here believe in the phrase 'do as I say not as I do'.[/QUOTE]

first sympathy for him and the theft and now throwing in the towel?

lol you're turning soft.

edit: and i don't even see the link to the "ignore user" option you used to have so people wouldn't always report you. lol i must be right after all.

[quote name='technicalstylez']first sympathy for him and the theft and now throwing in the towel?

lol you're turning soft.

edit: and i don't even see the link to the "ignore user" option you used to have so people wouldn't always report you. lol i must be right after all.[/QUOTE]
The threat of a full on ban back in February is what keeps me from continuing on. Apparently I'm a 'douchebag' and quite a few people had had it with my antics as of then. Yet I see at least a half dozen other users who are routinely assholes to other people and they have yet to even receive so much as a warning.

But I do still find it funny that he 'accidentally' ordered 4 of them which prevented someone else from getting one of them.

I do feel sorry for him for having one stolen, but the hypocrisy is just delicious to me, especially considering how he rags on others for hoarding a deal.

bread's done
Back