HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yuanhongsung']When did u guys order from hp small business? I placed my order on 8/21. The last day that they accept order.[/QUOTE]

Mine I placed two orders on 8/20. First was before 4PM. Maybe both were, who knows. Can't remember which one I placed first, but one order shipped. I placed the second by accident within the next hour( didn't think my first went through) and didn't cancel, but that hasn't shipped yet (they're probably going to be in the currently manufactured TP order).

Is there a free comic book reader app, or just the $1.99 one? I looked but I couldn't find one, but you never know what I might have missed.

Just one app total, and it's the paid one for $2. But really, it's worth 10x that from the enjoyment I've got from the app so far. It's basic, but it works. And there is an update coming out for it in the next few days I think that will be fixing some of the known issues and adding features.

[quote name='mightymek']My wife and I got ours from HP Small Business on Thursday. Both 32gb models. I haven't had a TON of time to play with it yet, but I did upload over 700 SNES games to use with the SNES emulator app. It's pretty damn sweet! I'll never have to buy another game for it again, unless I want something with current graphics and all that, but that's what my Vita will be for!

Is there a free comic book reader app, or just the $1.99 one? I looked but I couldn't find one, but you never know what I might have missed.[/QUOTE]

Internet police here

I may have to confiscate these..700 snes games for proper..anaylizing. :cool:

cough em up

[quote name='admiralvic']onSALE sent Tracking numbers too... so I think its safe to assume it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I hardly think someone actually was packing touchpad at 12 AM Its just UPS API generated number that would get used when stuff is actually shipped So if someone really sends using that number on Monday then Hurrah but if come Monday they realize they processed order in error then they still might have to cancel.

[quote name='cRodz']Internet police here

I may have to confiscate these..700 snes games for proper..anaylizing. :cool:

cough em up[/QUOTE]

I know you are joking, but no one produces, distributes, or makes money off of old games and consoles out of production. HOw is anyone stealing anything? Who are you stealing from? Or am i an idiot? If you buy a S/NES cart from eBay or craigslist Nintendo does not make a cent.

hello all,
where is the best B&M to find a cheap decent screen protector for these bad boys.
I finally got one for the misses.

I saw verizon has good cases after a modification to make sure the touchpad fits.
Any suggestions for screen protectors? Or just go with ebay?

[quote name='chimpian']hello all,
where is the best B&M to find a cheap decent screen protector for these bad boys.
I finally got one for the misses.

I saw verizon has good cases after a modification to make sure the touchpad fits.
Any suggestions for screen protectors? Or just go with ebay?[/QUOTE]

I'm a little confused. It is really easy to find the actual HP case for the touchpad. Why would you want one that is "modified" to work?

As far as the screen protector you can do without as most people have found out. But Best Buy has plenty in stock for the touchpad. But IMO one is not needed unless you put your touchpad in the cement mixer.

[quote name='JungleRot']I'm a little confused. It is really easy to find the actual HP case for the touchpad. Why would you want one that is "modified" to work?
[/QUOTE]

Because the Griffin iPad folio that Verizon sells is $5 and is almost a perfect fit. Aside from a few slight opening mismatches, it works fine, even unmodified there is little to no hindrance.

[quote name='sp00ge']Because the Griffin iPad folio that Verizon sells is $5 and is almost a perfect fit. Aside from a few slight opening mismatches, it works fine, even unmodified there is little to no hindrance.[/QUOTE]

Alright I can understand the cheap thing. As the touchpad is a cheap thing.

Then as far as the screen protector just about ANY will do if the poster I was responding to is cheap as well.

But... for a few dollars more you can get a perfect case with perfect fit.

I just think if you are going to go cheap and get ghetto on the accessories (like the case) then why bother at all especially with the SP the poster is looking for. All of it can be done pretty cheap with the "real" accessories. Or just as easily not at all, as the true cheapo would realize you don't need any of it. That was my point.

For those who got tracking info from onsales, does it show up on UPS at all?
I know it takes 24 hours or more to show up but usually you get "shipper received info" or some type of message indicating tracking info was logged.

I'm getting nothing but error since Thursday.

[quote name='sp00ge']Because the Griffin iPad folio that Verizon sells is $5 and is almost a perfect fit. Aside from a few slight opening mismatches, it works fine, even unmodified there is little to no hindrance.[/QUOTE]

BTW that case sucks really really bad. So it goes further to my point..... why bother?

[quote name='JungleRot']BTW that case sucks really really bad. So it goes further to my point..... why bother?[/QUOTE]

I have two of them, one for mine and one for my fiance's and it in no way sucks. As far is fitment, the speakers are about 1/4-1/3 covered, not enough to even remotely affect sound quality and the camera hole isn't properly aligned, but I have no use for the camera, so not a big deal.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have two of them, one for mine and one for my fiance's and it in no way sucks. As far is fitment, the speakers are about 1/4-1/3 covered, not enough to even remotely affect sound quality and the camera hole isn't properly aligned, but I have no use for the camera, so not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry about that (my harsh comment on the case sucking) , I am a little grumpy today. But.... The case IMHO still isn't very good. But like you said for the price hey why not.

still haven't get my touchpad yet.. not even ship yet lol. still shows admin on hp small business. at least i got my hp touchpad wireless keyboard. tested on ps3 and it works pretty good. (got it bc DC universe online is gonna be free to play next month so i might need a keyboard) now using it on my iphone to type this. works great too lol... if now my touchpad can be here. it would be perfect

So there finally seems to be some activity on the UPS tracking information. Guess I can go ahead and order the case and maybe the keyboard as well.

[quote name='JungleRot']Yeah sorry about that (my harsh comment on the case sucking) , I am a little grumpy today. But.... The case IMHO still isn't very good. But like you said for the price hey why not.[/QUOTE]

I had the Griffin, and was moderately happy with it for $5, but then during one of the HP.com sales I was weak and ordered the official case, and the official case just blows the Griffin away. If you can get one for $20, making 4x more expensive than the Griffin ... well, it's more than 4x better.

i'm so tempted to bite on a keyboard, you guys think its worth it? I've seen em for $40 on amazon, but I can't see spending that much for a keyboard..

[quote name='JungleRot']Yeah sorry about that (my harsh comment on the case sucking) , I am a little grumpy today. But.... The case IMHO still isn't very good. But like you said for the price hey why not.[/QUOTE]

I'm just looking for the cheapest option really. And I know I can physically touch and check out the one at the Verizon store, which is a big plus for me.

I am of course going to weigh out all the possibilities. My wife is a preschool teacher so I would feel much better if it had a case and screen protector.
Here is some info about the case from Verizon:

http://www.amazon.com/Technocel-Leather-folio-Apple-Black/dp/B004HD5EXO#

For $5 i think its pretty nice :)

i have the HP case on mine, It feels rather cheap for the price I paid for it.

As for screen protectors I went and bought one of the Stealth Armor things when they were on sale, the screen protector is great. I'm less than enthused about the "armor" though which was just a big textured sticker to cover the back. Both went on rather easy though, and after 4 days the screen protector's bubbles worked themselves out as it dried

[quote name='shrike4242']My onSale order just arrived in the last 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on securing yourself one, Sir Shrike.

[quote name='Strigol']i'm so tempted to bite on a keyboard, you guys think its worth it? I've seen em for $40 on amazon, but I can't see spending that much for a keyboard..[/QUOTE]

It's not worth that much (I paid $35 and even that is high) but it is a pretty sweet keyboard.

If you're ever going to be entering in a lot of notes or want to use the tablet as closer to a laptop replacement at times when you travel it is nice.

The thing I like about it is that it's a really small size but has some handy function buttons on the top row. Once you get it set up it's a completely natural extension to the tablet. I'd try and get it for less than $40, but I'm not sure what the supply is like on those, they may just get harder to find from here on out.

[quote name='kube00']Onsale says they shipped my order but I haven't seen a tracking number

Tracking link in the email is acting as if its broken[/QUOTE]

I think they all do that. Go to store.onsale.com and click on order satus and enter the Order # and Shipping Zip code and it will give you the tracking information.

[quote name='Strigol']i'm so tempted to bite on a keyboard, you guys think its worth it? I've seen em for $40 on amazon, but I can't see spending that much for a keyboard..[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like a $40 keyboard but I think it'll come in handy for DC Universe online on my PS3 next month.

[quote name='kube00']Thanks eliter1. UPS didnt have the tracking info updated.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Been like that since Thursdays. Now I'm a little worried.

[quote name='kube00']Thanks eliter1. UPS didnt have the tracking info updated.....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='testaroo']Yeah same here. Been like that since Thursdays. Now I'm a little worried.[/QUOTE]

Weird. Mine says it left Memphis, TN this morning but it's not showing an estimated delivery date.

ETA: MacMall has the TP keyboard for 27.99 + FS.

My friend ordered one from them a few days ago before they sold out since his hp order got cancelled last week.

[quote name='JungleRot']LOL...I did. I got it working. Not quite sure how but I did. It is like sitting at my desktop (no lad etc) on my touchpad at the couch. Now I just have to find some fun stuff to do. I have xvids I can watch and can access sites that I couldn't on the touchpad using the remote desktop.[/QUOTE]

Cool lol, same here. Some people have said you watch hulu, netflix, and hbo from it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GaMeR_2007']ETA: MacMall has the TP keyboard for 27.99 + FS.

My friend ordered one from them a few days ago before they sold out since his hp order got cancelled last week.

Cool lol, same here. Some people have said you watch hulu, netflix, and hbo from it too.[/QUOTE]

Now I have this I might actually have to get the keyboard. I am still having a small problem though when I disconnect I can't reconnect to splashtop sometimes.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']ETA: MacMall has the TP keyboard for 27.99 + FS.

[/QUOTE]

They also have the HP case for $17.99, cheaper than the third party selling at Amazon.

^ No prob.

[quote name='eliter1']They also have the HP case for $17.99, cheaper than the third party selling at Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and there's also a clear TP case at Amazon for $8.95 + FS that will be released October 6th. But since I already have a leather case I'm not sure if I'll get that one or if it's even worth it.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ No prob.

Yeah, and there's also a clear TP case at Amazon for $8.95 + FS that will be released October 6th. But since I already have a leather case I'm not sure if I'll get that one or if it's even worth it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a good case but I think I am going to go with the official one just because it has a screen cover and I am going to throw it in my backpack a lot.

I ordered a black folio case from eBay a few days ago for my touchpad. I received it yesterday. It fits very well, with all of the speakers, butttons, and inputs easily accessible. It was only $11.99 shipped as well, ships from US. The quality seems to be pretty good too. Definitely happy. The seller has sold over 700 of them as well, so a ton of people have them. Here is the link if you all want to check it out if you need inexpensive, but good cases:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Sta...?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item415bb3cdfa

@BrynaAtHP

I have an update from the Small Medium Business HP Store coming up regarding TouchPad back orders. Watch my next few tweets.
From Small Med. Biz store team: The TouchPads for SMB orders are starting to arrive in the US. Orders that made the 8/21 cutoff (next tweet)
(cont') will start to ship early October but could take until the end of Oct. #PLSBePatient. Check order status here: http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...se?CatalogCategoryID=J0YQ7hacMnoAAAEyPx9fDwfE
And.. END SCENE. That's all they've given me for TouchPad news today. #JustTheMessenger #StayCoolmyBabies

Onsale finally gave me a delivery date of Thursday... Took long enough but at least I am getting one. I shall now order me a case! Macmall ran out of keyboards again...

I ordered a Touchpad from OnSale but I don't have it yet. I'm getting the official case, keyboard, and Touchstone from Amazon. Any other recommended accessories? Is a screen protector worth getting?

[quote name='eliter1']Looks like a good case but I think I am going to go with the official one just because it has a screen cover and I am going to throw it in my backpack a lot.[/QUOTE]

then you will need a rubber band or some tape because there is nothing to keep the official case's floppy cover closed.

[quote name='technicalstylez']then you will need a rubber band or some tape because there is nothing to keep the official case's floppy cover closed.[/QUOTE]

It's going in the Laptop pocket of my backpack so it shouldn't be a problem but I wish they would have put something to hold the flap in place. I'll probably find something to hold it in place.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I ordered a Touchpad from OnSale but I don't have it yet. I'm getting the official case, keyboard, and Touchstone from Amazon. Any other recommended accessories? Is a screen protector worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I think the TouchPad has Gorilla glass. (correct me if I'm wrong) I decided to take the screen protector off my iPhone 4 and I have been rocking it that way for like six months and not a single scratch. I guess it varies on how you use it but I am going to go without one and see how it goes.

[quote name='killer9']iphone is not gorilla glass touchpad is gorilla glass[/QUOTE]

I thought the TouchPad was Gorilla glass. If I have gone so long without a screen protector on my iPhone, I don't think I'll need a screen protector on my TouchPad.

Mine is still admin too. Checking the status the dates for shipping and delivery just roll up a day.

I hope HP just cancels the orders it's been five weeks now.

mines gone from rolling up day by day to showing a ship date of friday now, first time it's actually changed more than one day at a time since this thing started. Still playing the pending / released charge game every few days with my bank account though

[quote name='Strigol']mines gone from rolling up day by day to showing a ship date of friday now, first time it's actually changed more than one day at a time since this thing started. Still playing the pending / released charge game every few days with my bank account though[/QUOTE]Mines the same also, I called them and was told it'd be 3-5 weeks before delivery . Odd how onsale orders are being fulfilled first, according to some of the post.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']@BrynaAtHP[/QUOTE]
I ordered in the evening of the 21st, but the 1st e-mail I received from them that said my purchase order had been received was on the 22nd.

I'm guessing they aren't going to honor my order since on the website my order status says I ordered on the 22nd (which isn't the case). Looks like it's time to be bitter about it.

bread's done
Back