HP Touchpad mandatory webOS update (current certificate expires 7/23/2013)

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
I dual boot with cyanogenmod, but this update is really important so I thought I'd share. Since we all got Touchpads on clearance, I thought this post was appropriate. Got the email a day ago:

Mandatory webOS system update

A certificate used on webOS devices expires on July 23, 2013. For the system to be able to use cloud services such as Backup/Restore and App Catalog the certificate needs to be updated.

Beginning June 6th an automatic update to the Application Catalog has replaced the certificate. That means that if your device is running webOS “2.1” or greater you can have the certificate installed automatically by activating your device and accepting the update.

If your device is running a webOS version older than “2.1”, or you want to manually install, go to the HP App Catalog on your device and select the app called “App Catalog Update”, download and install it on your system.

To install the new certificate, download and install this application.

After July 23rd, 2013, it will be necessary to take special steps to install this update. Details will be available on the HP support site (http://email.hpwebosnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/t/hBkJC0c7JRP0PTn04Cpr0Ga)

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

webOS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back