HTC Desire Z/G2

Justme8800

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
WANT!

Wantwantwant. :drool:

t-mobile-g2-MoreViews-1179.png

Want. Want want want, want want. Want, want: 800Mhz want want 7230. Want want want, 590m want, 430h want. Adreno 205 want. 4GB want, 512MB want. 3.7 want, 480x800. 2.2 want, want want 3.0. GSM want, HSPA+ WANT. :hot:

Want want want want, want. Want want! Want want want, want, want want. Want want want; want want want want. WAAAANT!

CAG want?

Aren't there phones with better specs out there running Android?

I guess you're presenting this as groundbreaking and I'm not seeing it. I dunno.

CAG not want. Hmm.

To be honest, it's mostly the form factor I'm excited about. The keyboard and that awesome hinge, the unibody design... it's almost as pretty as the Desire that we never got. And I'm not too worried about performance. The underclocked processor just means more battery life, and if I really want crazy speed, I'm sure it can be overclocked with Cyanogen. Also the GSM is a plus, for anyone who plans to travel outside the US. T-Mobile means I can buy the phone and get it cheaper in the long run, because they actually give a $20 monthly discount for not having a subsidized phone.

Be it through Lust or Greed, I'm so going to hell for this. How can I possibly resist such an alluring, voluptuous figure? I am enveloped by its irresistible titillating seductiveness. Wantwantwant.

If only because they haven't opened preorders, I technically haven't bought one yet. What phones were you guys saying are better? Should I get a different one?

[quote name='Elite Bushido™']physical keyboards are dead weight, no need for em. and the hardware specs are outdated by a year * yawn *[/QUOTE]

Buttons are dead weight? If you say so. How's that Natal thing working out for you? :)

As for outdated, what? The only released stuff that gives this a run for its money are those new just released Droids. Seriously people, clock speed isn't everything! Which would you rather have, a 3.8Ghz Pentium 4 or a 2.6Ghz i7?

I maintain, if there's something out there that's even better than this, stop holding out on me!

[quote name='Justme8800']Buttons are dead weight? If you say so. How's that Natal thing working out for you? :)

As for outdated, what? The only released stuff that gives this a run for its money are those new just released Droids. Seriously people, clock speed isn't everything! Which would you rather have, a 3.8Ghz Pentium 4 or a 2.6Ghz i7?

I maintain, if there's something out there that's even better than this, stop holding out on me![/QUOTE]
oh god i always give that damn CPU lecture :cold:

give me benchmarks then :|
and keybaords, no need for em. at all, just flat out no need. and i dont think natal will work in my room anyway >.>

Only benchmarks I know of are the ones I linked to. :/

In other news, there's a rumor that this thing won't have AMOLED due to short supply, instead it will have Sony's S-TFT, whatever that is. NOT WANT.

Ive played with it, its pretty solid. Best part about it is that it has some weight to it, and doesn't feel cheap. The slide mechanism is a little weird, but done well.

As far as processor speeds, there is little difference in normal operation on this phone from my current Nexus One (running Cyanogen 6), which is a good thing. From what I understand the new processor architecture will give a pretty hefty boost when playing 3d games.

Now for the real reason I would actually get one of these: HSPA+. Using the speedtest app it is possible to pull between 7-10mbps pretty consistently from the cell signal (Philadelphia burbs), which is almost 2x what I get on my N1.

Oh, and one other nice thing about it... No stupid ass overlay. No Sense, no Motoblur, none of that crap... just sweet sweet vanilla android, the way every android phone should be.

[quote name='Sycowulf']Ive played with it, its pretty solid. Best part about it is that it has some weight to it, and doesn't feel cheap. The slide mechanism is a little weird, but done well.

As far as processor speeds, there is little difference in normal operation on this phone from my current Nexus One (running Cyanogen 6), which is a good thing. From what I understand the new processor architecture will give a pretty hefty boost when playing 3d games.

Now for the real reason I would actually get one of these: HSPA+. Using the speedtest app it is possible to pull between 7-10mbps pretty consistently from the cell signal (Philadelphia burbs), which is almost 2x what I get on my N1.

Oh, and one other nice thing about it... No stupid ass overlay. No Sense, no Motoblur, none of that crap... just sweet sweet vanilla android, the way every android phone should be.[/QUOTE]

Yay! Want is justified! Finally, a CAG who knows his penguinfones. When did you get a chance to play with it? The London event?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']ouch not even a 1GHz processor ...lol

dont want[/QUOTE]

:wall:

My head gigahurts...

[quote name='Justme8800']
:wall:

My head gigahurts...[/QUOTE]

:D

All I know is that when I don't have my Droid overclocked to 1gig from the stock 600 (550) setting, it drags ass and makes me want to throw it against the wall. I'm sure the 800mhz processor does just fine, but going on the specs you posted alone, it doesn't break new ground.

Btw, I hated the physical keyboard on my Droid for months and then one day out of the blue I started using it and now I can't go back to the touch one.. just wayy too inaccurate spellcheck or not.

[quote name='Justme8800'] When did you get a chance to play with it? The London event? [/QUOTE]

I have friends that work for a certain company that are carrying them right now

[quote name='Clak']The biggest con is that it's on T-Mobile.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely more of a plus for me. GSM means international phone, T-Mobile is way cheaper than alternatives, and not to mention most of my family uses it, so free calls there.

If you're still not convinced, you can still get the Verizon version of the phone, the Lexikon. I'm sure they'll announce it officially any day now.

Holy crap I actually did it I ordered one I've been waiting for over a year for an android phone good enough for me to get and they're finally releasing it omg omg omg I can't believe I'm spending $500 for this thing ouch plus tax more ouch but it's gonna be totally worth it spaz I think I'm hyperventilating and I forgot how to use punctuation it's still two weeks until release date argh I'll be OLD by then augh these will be the longest two weeks of my life gah and not to mention when I finally get it I'll have to plug it in and wait like 12 hours for the stupid battery to calibrate before using it but when I finally lay my hands on this thing all will be forgiven because it's gonna be just that awesome if the anticipation doesn't kill me first I think I'm gonna faint gasp

2 weeks? When I did my pre-order I was told it will ship on 30th. I guess by the time it arrives that is close to 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back