http://2dfighter.com/ Online Arcade Client

AcidGlow

CAG Veteran
Been using this client for months and it's the best there is if you like playing arcade coop games or fighting games online.

Features:
* Instant replays.
* Private messaging.
* Detailed stat tracking (overall wins/losses, character specific wins/losses, etc.)
* Automated player rating system.
* Ignore harassing players.
* P2P connection for best performance.

Most popular games played now are:
SSF2Turbo, SF3 Third Strike, King of Fighters 98/2002, Marvel vs Capcom, Last Blade 2

See you guys there.

http://2dfighter.com/

as of right now, probably no.. but considering that ggpo has just recently been licensed by capcom, it won't be around (in its current state) much longer..

[quote name='blitz6speed']Im pretty partial to GGPO, is there a particular reason to use this instead of GGPO?[/quote]

2DF was built from the ground up with the players in mind, whereas GGPO is more of a demo for prospective licensees. As such, 2DF has a much more stable client and many features that GGPO lacks. Not to mention the comparable net code and more than 10x the amount of supported games.

[quote name='kristianator']as of right now, probably no.. but considering that ggpo has just recently been licensed by capcom, it won't be around (in its current state) much longer..[/quote]

Licensed, not bought. GGPO is available to be licensed by anyone and will most likely continue in it's current state for the foreseeable future.

Wow. I just tried GGPO for the first time and holy hell, that thing is beyond buggy. I don't know how people put up with it. The connections aren't even any better than 2DF.

lol, sounds like someone doesn't know how to configure GGPO correctly.

People put up with it because they know how to use it. As it stands it is still the best for fighting games.

My ports were configured correctly. I was able to play games. The problems that I experienced are the same problems that everyone experiences, and they are unrelated to ports. They are as follows:
  1. Unable to connect to a game unless a previous emulator window is already open.
  2. Unable to accept a challenge from someone because it says they aren't a registered user, in which they must relogin.
  3. Getting challenged by many people even though you are already in a game.
  4. Not knowing when someone has declined your challenge, so you are forced to cancel.
  5. Cancelling a challenge, then accepting a challenge from someone else, only to have the person you cancelled the challenge on accept your challenge, opening another game window.
  6. Trying to spectate a match only to have it say, match no longer available, in which case you must re-enter the room to fix the list.
  7. Being unable to connect without any of the above workarounds.
  8. Upon logging in, people will be unable to accept your challenges because it says you aren't registered. Then when you try to type in the chat room, it will accuse you of spamming.
This is what I've encountered after 1 day. I asked if it was always that bad, and everyone said yes. 2DF is by far a more enjoyable experience. I will still use both to maximize my competition, but from what I've experienced first hand, GGPO is inferior in every way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a friend of mine, who's probably more computer savvy than I am couldn't get GGPO to start a match for him, and while he was having trouble, some other asshole kept harassing him and insulting him because he couldn't get a match going, and as a result he's probably never going to touch GGPO again, so I'm going to give this a try and see how well it works.

I gave 2dfighter a shot, I think both it and GGPO have pluses and minuses, so I'll probably use both. 2dfighter seems to be a bit easier to use and supports more games, including Puzzle Fighter and assorted beat em ups, but I think more serious diehard fighting game fans roll on GGPO, although it can be harder to configure and might be less newbie friendly

[quote name='ZForce']I gave 2dfighter a shot, I think both it and GGPO have pluses and minuses, so I'll probably use both. 2dfighter seems to be a bit easier to use and supports more games, including Puzzle Fighter and assorted beat em ups, but I think more serious diehard fighting game fans roll on GGPO, although it can be harder to configure and might be less newbie friendly[/QUOTE]

The reason more of the die hard fighting game fans are on GGPO is because it is run by the co-owners of shoryuken.com and evo, and it has been out a year longer than 2DF. There are a lot of really good players on 2DF though anyway, so I dont think it even matters.

2DF just did a major overhaul of the GUI btw, its incredible.

bread's done
Back