Hudson talks about TG-16 VC stuff

FullmetalCJ

CAGiversary!
Thought this might be of interest to fellow CAGs. Hudson Entertainment did an interview with the Player One Podcast talking about their plans for Virtual Console material. Interesting that the TG-16 titles that supported 5 players will also support 5 players on the Wii, and that dependent on fan demand they're interested in localizing Japanese games that were never released in the states. There's a lot more in there and also some news in there about Splatterhouse, one game I'd personally really like to see on the virtual console.

It's at about 36:30 and you can download it direct here, or through iTunes here.

I'd love to see the Wii VC be used for more than playing legal ROMs of games we played back in the day..(though I look forward to that)

This gives me good hope. :) Seeing some games original only in Japan would be great!

I know that it was made by Konami and not Hudson, and I know that it was for the PC-Engine Duo and not the plain ol' PC-Engine, but this gives me a tiny, tiny glimmer of hope that they'll finally localize Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood.

[quote name='destro713']I know that it was made by Konami and not Hudson, and I know that it was for the PC-Engine Duo and not the plain ol' PC-Engine, but this gives me a tiny, tiny glimmer of hope that they'll finally localize Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood.[/QUOTE]
Well, that would seem to be one of the marquee titles if they do plan to start localizing TG16 titles. It will be interesting to see if Square/Enix publishes some of their Japan-only titles, or even republishes FF1-6.

All I know is that if Hudson is up for localizing games, that will only make me angrier at Nintendo.

I WANT SIN AND PUNISHMENT, DAMMIT.

[quote name='elwood731']Well, that would seem to be one of the marquee titles if they do plan to start localizing TG16 titles. It will be interesting to see if Square/Enix publishes some of their Japan-only titles, or even republishes FF1-6.[/quote]

I don't see that happenening anytime soon since it would deter sales from the GBA games.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I don't see that happenening anytime soon since it would deter sales from the GBA games.[/quote]Chances are after Christmas 07 we won't be seeing these in stores too much. But, I agree, I'm betting we won't see the FF games put on the VC for a while.

[quote name='soonersfan60']If Hudson does this, then we all need to buy the Japan-only releases in huge quantities to send a message to Nintendo and others.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Nintendo will surely heed a "message" from a few hundred gamers out of a console base of what will be around 1-4 million a few months after launch. I think you'd be better off with a bomb threat.

DIRRRRTY BOMB FTW.

bread's done
Back