Huge Anime Sale with Special Editions $3.18 Each Brand New FSS

[quote name='kitsunisan']Got Lucky Star 1-5 limited edition today. 4 was the regular edition, too bad that one wasn't on sale. Now I just need to track down 6 somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I just ordered the Anime Legends set in lieu of 6. 6 didn't even have an LE, so it's not a big deal to miss it.

Were any of you able to get Eureka Seven Vol 7 Special Edition in this sale for $3-ish? I'm wondering if I missed it.
And I guess Vol 7 regular edition doesn't come with part 2 of the soundtrack right? Bummer.

[quote name='lilman']Just received a few Eureka Seven volumes, and noticed a problem with v10 SE:
The inner box is missing :/ This is the only E7 SE from Amazon Warehouse that I've received like this. Got a refund/return and ordered another one.[/QUOTE]
Were any of you able to get Eureka Seven Vol 7 Special Edition in this sale for $3-ish? I'm wondering if I missed it.
And I guess Vol 7 regular edition doesn't come with part 2 of the soundtrack right? Bummer.

[quote name='ArthurDayne']Not a mistake. Don't mail back if you haven't already, and can cancel new order. Volume 10 is the only one that didn't have an inner box. As for why, it is a mystery. 12 has an inner box. Manufacturing issues are my best guess.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. My replacement already shipped so I'll still send this one back.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Were any of you able to get Eureka Seven Vol 7 Special Edition in this sale for $3-ish? I'm wondering if I missed it.
And I guess Vol 7 regular edition doesn't come with part 2 of the soundtrack right? Bummer.[/QUOTE]
E7 Vol 7 SE was never part of this sale. The regular edition only includes the DVD.

Did another batch of stuff to order. Trying to figure it out by the description, since the title it's listed under isn't clear.

But judging from the picture, it's the SE of Gundam 00 S2 Part 2 that's $3.18(while the regular edition is $5.97), right?
http://www.amazon.com/Gundam-00-Sec...1359897114&sr=8-3&keywords=gundam+00+season+2

Also, most of the Lucky Star SE were sold out by the time I could order them. But I was able to order a used copy of Vol. 3's SE for $2.99. It makes no mention in the description of anything missing. But it should include a Tsukasa character CD & PE Uniform t-shirt if it's complete(do they all come in artboxes?), right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tangytangerine']Did another batch of stuff to order. Trying to figure it out by the description, since the title it's listed under isn't clear.

But judging from the picture, it's the SE of Gundam 00 S2 Part 2 that's $3.18(while the regular edition is $5.97), right?
http://www.amazon.com/Gundam-00-Sec...1359897114&sr=8-3&keywords=gundam+00+season+2

Also, most of the Lucky Star SE were sold out by the time I could order them. But I was able to order a used copy of Vol. 3's SE for $2.99. It makes no mention in the description of anything missing. But it should include a Tsukasa character CD & PE Uniform t-shirt if it's complete(do they all come in artboxes?), right?[/QUOTE]
Yes mine came SE. :D

[quote name='lilman']
E7 Vol 7 SE was never part of this sale. The regular edition only includes the DVD.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, no point in re-checking the stock for that then. I also noticed that according to camelx3, Eureka Seven Vol 12 special edition was $6-ish last July.

Has anyone been able to score Eureka Seven Vol 12 special edition for under $10 during these Amazon clearances that began around Dec. 2012?

Finished up my last round of getting what I wanted for cheap. Realized this morning that these got posted on slickdeals, so don't expect the supply to last much longer.

Received my replacement Eureka Seven Vol 10 SE (again no inner box, but that's Bandai's fault), Hayate Vol 1-7, and the Haruhi Vol 1 bundle since I got 2-4 LE during the sale (even though I already got both season sets when they were released). Still debating Towards the Terra.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Has anyone been able to score Eureka Seven Vol 12 special edition for under $10 during these Amazon clearances that began around Dec. 2012?[/QUOTE]
I never saw E7 SE 1, 2, 4, 7, or 12 on sale, but I may have missed them if they sold out really early.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I'm just hoping I find the missing volumes for Kurokami and Hayate for a semi-decent price.[/QUOTE]
This reminds me, I've been meaning to mention this in each of these threads. You guys shouldn't let the high price of volume 8 keep you from buying Hayate the Combat Butler 1-7. Not only is the show funny, it's an episodic series. In other words, there's not really an overarching story that you're going to miss out on by not owning volume 8. I understand completionism and everything, but you shouldn't miss out on the other 40 some odd episodes just because you can't buy 8 for under $100. I also doubt that the show will ever be picked up by Sentai or Funimation.

I have all 8 volumes, but that's only because I bought them while they were still in print. Even getting them from Borders during a 50% off DVD sale, I paid around $20 for each volume. 1-7 can be bought from the Warehouse right now for a combined total that is under $23.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']This reminds me, I've been meaning to mention this in each of these threads. You guys shouldn't let the high price of volume 8 keep you from buying Hayate the Combat Butler 1-7. Not only is the show funny, it's an episodic series. In other words, there's not really an overarching story that you're going to miss out on by not owning volume 8. I understand completionism and everything, but you shouldn't miss out on the other 40 some odd episodes just because you can't buy 8 for under $100. I also doubt that the show will ever be picked up by Sentai or Funimation.

I have all 8 volumes, but that's only because I bought them while they were still in print. Even getting them from Borders during a 50% off DVD sale, I paid around $20 for each volume. 1-7 can be bought from the Warehouse right now for a combined total that is under $23.[/QUOTE]

Oh I don't let it stop me, but my OCD flares up when theres a random volume missing from the lineup on the shelf. At least with volume 8 you can't really tell, the worst is when it goes like 1 2 4 6 7 8 or something.

I've already seen the show, but bought 1-7 because the price was great and I love owning shows I love.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']This reminds me, I've been meaning to mention this in each of these threads. You guys shouldn't let the high price of volume 8 keep you from buying Hayate the Combat Butler 1-7. Not only is the show funny, it's an episodic series. In other words, there's not really an overarching story that you're going to miss out on by not owning volume 8. I understand completionism and everything, but you shouldn't miss out on the other 40 some odd episodes just because you can't buy 8 for under $100. I also doubt that the show will ever be picked up by Sentai or Funimation.

I have all 8 volumes, but that's only because I bought them while they were still in print. Even getting them from Borders during a 50% off DVD sale, I paid around $20 for each volume. 1-7 can be bought from the Warehouse right now for a combined total that is under $23.[/QUOTE]Congratulations--you convinced me to get a series I otherwise wouldn't have considered, but I read very good things about Hayate's sense of humor and couldn't pass up seven volumes for under $23. :bouncy:

[quote name='Vigilante']Congratulations--you convinced me to get a series I otherwise wouldn't have considered, but I read very good things about Hayate's sense of humor and couldn't pass up seven volumes for under $23. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
You will not be disappointed. Hayate is one of my top fav manga, and the anime does a good job.

[quote name='lilman']You will not be disappointed. Hayate is one of my top fav manga, and the anime does a good job.[/QUOTE]

The first and second seasons do...

the movie wasn't bad either...

but

The newest season was a load of garbage :/

[quote name='Vigilante']Congratulations--you convinced me to get a series I otherwise wouldn't have considered, but I read very good things about Hayate's sense of humor and couldn't pass up seven volumes for under $23. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Then my work here is done.

@Jrittmayer - I was just quoting you because it reminded me that I wanted to tell people that for awhile. I could have just as easily quoted lilman's post as well :D I haven't seen the movie, is it another chunk of the manga or an original story? Or, I guess I could always see if the internet knows anything about it :D

I was tempted until i watched a ep. I guess just not my thing. Tempted on Root and E7 but missing ones killing me. I know these will be high prices when gone and will regret not buying. I am strapped for cash dame games. :)

Hmmm, wonder if I should get any myself. Need to get back into the oldest Gundam series and then figure out where to go with it from there...would something like Code Geass be a nice mix in the mecha genre to go with lots of Gundam?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']New stuff added!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n%3A1267878011%2Ck%3Aanime%2Cn%3A1294451011&page=2&bbn=1267878011&sort=price&keywords=anime&ie=UTF8&qid=1360192835

I am new to this stuff what stuff must get before gone fastest?
mostly fun stuff i see new not bandai...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know you could search like that.

Here's one that might be good, D&D animated full series $6.90
http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Complete-Animated-Series/dp/B002DH20Q0/

It's great/kinda sad to see all these anime volumes that used to go for 20, 30 or even 40 a pop being sold off for almost nothing. Kinda wish we could go back to pre-US anime crash of the mid 2000's.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']New stuff added!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n%3A1267878011%2Ck%3Aanime%2Cn%3A1294451011&page=2&bbn=1267878011&sort=price&keywords=anime&ie=UTF8&qid=1360192835

I am new to this stuff what stuff must get before gone fastest?
mostly fun stuff i see new not bandai...[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? Because I'm seeing stuff that's been listed for weeks(& stuff that's in Right Stuf's clearance bin).

BTW, the Gundam 00 S2 Part 1 SE is still $3.19, but it's not listed in that search.
http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G...UTF8&qid=1360198802&sr=1-3&keywords=gundam+00

Makes me glad I grabbed the Lucky Star/Gundam 00 stuff over the weekend. Since most of them jumped $10-$20 in price in new condition.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Did I miss something? Because I'm seeing stuff that's been listed for weeks(& stuff that's in Right Stuf's clearance bin).

BTW, the Gundam 00 S2 Part 1 SE is still $3.19, but it's not listed in that search.
http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G...UTF8&qid=1360198802&sr=1-3&keywords=gundam+00

Makes me glad I grabbed the Lucky Star/Gundam 00 stuff over the weekend. Since most of them jumped $10-$20 in price in new condition.[/QUOTE]

Already have the entirety of Lucky Star LE (except for vol.6, still annoyed they never made the final volume a LE) and was contemplating Gundam (not really a mecha guy but I hear 00 is pretty good). Looks like it's been decided for me :D

The other thing is I usually want to try and get all or most of a series in one go so I dont have to scavenge around for random volumes (though that's half the fun isn't it?)

[quote name='tangytangerine']Did I miss something? Because I'm seeing stuff that's been listed for weeks(& stuff that's in Right Stuf's clearance bin).

Makes me glad I grabbed the Lucky Star/Gundam 00 stuff over the weekend. Since most of them jumped $10-$20 in price in new condition.[/QUOTE]
Odd it used to be under it.. I had this bookmark from way back when i created thread. sorry about that.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']Already have the entirety of Lucky Star LE (except for vol.6, still annoyed they never made the final volume a LE) and was contemplating Gundam (not really a mecha guy but I hear 00 is pretty good). Looks like it's been decided for me :D

The other thing is I usually want to try and get all or most of a series in one go so I dont have to scavenge around for random volumes (though that's half the fun isn't it?)[/QUOTE]
They are good most seed ones gone now wish i jumped on them.

I thought it was decent, but be warned that every circle of hell, 9 I think, has a different art style as each was made by a different animation company.

bread's done
Back