HUGE HUGE HUGE YMMV!!!! Shadow Hearts - PS2 - 0.99 Fry's Electronics Store

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Well, I just got back from Fry's Electronics looking for a Nintendo DS for $130, but it turns out that my Fry's has them still for $150 and they were just about out.

Then after looking through the PS2 section I found one of these babies left (had been looking for one forever) and brought it up to the front. The cashier scanned it and it came up for 99 cents. I thought this was too good to be true. He scans it in a few times and tries to manually put it in but it still comes up for that price so he calls his supervisor. Supervisor checks it out and she says everything is in order, but to still check with the people in the Video game department. We head back there and they also check it out and it is also 0.99 cents.

Long story short, I got the game for 1.06 after tax.

Just note that only the pre-order/promo copy that they were giving away for free when you bought the second Shadow Hearts is the one ringing up for this price.

For all those Vegas CAGs, this was the last one in stock.

[quote name='kaji7p56']They also had it for $0.99 on Outpost.com. Narchester made a killing.[/quote]

Yeah..It's killing him I'm sure. :lol: Right nach?

Very nice find. Does the pre-order/promo copy look any different from the regular Shadow Heart game? How can I tell the difference? Does any one else find this game at this price at other Fry's Electronics?

[quote name='masha'][quote name='kaji7p56']They also had it for $0.99 on Outpost.com. Narchester made a killing.[/quote]

Yeah..It's killing him I'm sure. :lol: Right nach?[/quote]

I'm not sure if he'll pop in to respond to this. :twisted:

It has a small box on the bottom front that says its a promotional copy. There are a few other diff, but you'd like need an original to compare and notice them.

Never got one at Frys, but the EB guy gave me his last promo copy for free a few months ago when I first started obsessing over the game. That rocked.

Dave

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='masha'][quote name='kaji7p56']They also had it for $0.99 on Outpost.com. Narchester made a killing.[/quote]

Yeah..It's killing him I'm sure. :lol: Right nach?[/quote]

I'm not sure if he'll pop in to respond to this. :twisted:[/quote]

:whistle2:$

[quote name='yogi99']Very nice find. Does the pre-order/promo copy look any different from the regular Shadow Heart game? How can I tell the difference? Does any one else find this game at this price at other Fry's Electronics?[/quote]

[quote name='yogi99']I checked outpost.com but there is no Shadow Heart for $0.99. Are they all sold out?[/quote]

They had it on the site about a month ago (maybe more). By the time I found out (on my own) it was too late.

I called my Fry's Electronic and the clerk said they don't even have Shadow Hearts on their system. So should I still go to the store and check for it? What happen if I get the clerk to scan for it if it is not even in their system? Will I get the $0.99 price?

[quote name='yogi99']I called my Fry's Electronic and the clerk said they don't even have Shadow Hearts on their system. So should I still go to the store and check for it? What happen if I get the clerk to scan for it if it is not even in their system? Will I get the $0.99 price?[/quote]

It should be in their system for 0.99 if they have it. If they don't then my guess is that they may manually change the price on it to 19.99 or whatever the sticker says.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='yogi99']I checked outpost.com but there is no Shadow Heart for $0.99. Are they all sold out?[/quote]

They had it on the site about a month ago (maybe more). By the time I found out (on my own) it was too late.[/quote]

Was it ever posted on CAG? I don't ever remember seeing it posted on CAG. If it was then there probably would have been a huge commotion over it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='yogi99']I called my Fry's Electronic and the clerk said they don't even have Shadow Hearts on their system. So should I still go to the store and check for it? What happen if I get the clerk to scan for it if it is not even in their system? Will I get the $0.99 price?[/quote]

It should be in their system for 0.99 if they have it. If they don't then my guess is that they may manually change the price on it to 19.99 or whatever the sticker says.[/quote]

But the cover of the game says "Not for Resale" so they will still charge me for it?

[quote name='yogi99'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='yogi99']I called my Fry's Electronic and the clerk said they don't even have Shadow Hearts on their system. So should I still go to the store and check for it? What happen if I get the clerk to scan for it if it is not even in their system? Will I get the $0.99 price?[/quote]

It should be in their system for 0.99 if they have it. If they don't then my guess is that they may manually change the price on it to 19.99 or whatever the sticker says.[/quote]

But the cover of the game says "Not for Resale" so they will still charge me for it?[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure how that works out, but yaeh they will. Still it's not too bad for .99 cents if they have it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='yogi99']I checked outpost.com but there is no Shadow Heart for $0.99. Are they all sold out?[/quote]

They had it on the site about a month ago (maybe more). By the time I found out (on my own) it was too late.[/quote]

Was it ever posted on CAG? I don't ever remember seeing it posted on CAG. If it was then there probably would have been a huge commotion over it.[/quote]

It wasn't posted on CAG, but since there were no more by the time I got there, somebody bought them all.

I didn't post it because it did not work.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
I'm not exactly sure how that works out, but yaeh they will. Still it's not too bad for .99 cents if they have it.[/quote]

fucking understatement of the YEAR, anyone? :)

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']
I'm not exactly sure how that works out, but yaeh they will. Still it's not too bad for .99 cents if they have it.[/quote]

shaq-fuing understatement of the YEAR, anyone? :)

Dave[/quote]

That line deserves an award! :D

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']

shaq-fuing understatement of the YEAR, anyone? :)

Dave[/quote]

:lol: Harrdy har har. I've played very little of this game but it was good from what I remember of it. Not too mention you and Dead of Knight kept talking it up. Did you guys know it only got a 5.5 on IGN?

I know that it got bad reviews but the game wasn't all that bad when I played and finish it a while back. The game certainly don't deserve 5.5/10 score. I'll give it 7.5/10. The story was good and the battle system is unique. The only thing the game need improvement is CGs which they improve alot in SHC.

Can someone pick up a copy of Shadow Hearts for PS2 at Fry's for me if you happen to go there? Fry's is kind of far from my house and I don't want to drive all the way there and I might not even get it. Does the promotional copy contains the manual?

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='yogi99']I checked outpost.com but there is no Shadow Heart for $0.99. Are they all sold out?[/quote]

Was it ever posted on CAG? I don't ever remember seeing it posted on CAG. If it was then there probably would have been a huge commotion over it.[/quote]

It wasn't posted on CAG, but since there were no more by the time I got there, somebody bought them all.

I didn't post it because it did not work.[/quote]

kaji7p56, in what city did you go to Fry's Electronics? You said Shadow Hearts for PS2 was all gone when you go there?

[quote name='yogi99']I know that it got bad reviews but the game wasn't all that bad when I played and finish it a while back. The game certainly don't deserve 5.5/10 score. I'll give it 7.5/10. The story was good and the battle system is unique. The only thing the game need improvement is CGs which they improve alot in SHC.

Can someone pick up a copy of Shadow Hearts for PS2 at Fry's for me if you happen to go there? Fry's is kind of far from my house and I don't want to drive all the way there and I might not even get it. Does the promotional copy contains the manual?[/quote]

I believe that promo copy of the game is basically complete like the first run of it, but it says promo/not for resale on the front. It was the second printing of it that Midway did inconjuction to the release of SH:C.

[quote name='yogi99'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='yogi99']I checked outpost.com but there is no Shadow Heart for $0.99. Are they all sold out?[/quote]

I didn't post it because it did not work.[/quote]

kaji7p56, in what city did you go to Fry's Electronics? You said Shadow Hearts for PS2 was all gone when you go there?[/quote]

I think he was talking about the website.

Will Ebgames or Gamestop B&M have some more promotional copy of Shadow Hearts left by now? Can I get it for $0.99 or free there or how much would they charge for it?

[quote name='MightySlacker']Here's my review of the game

http://gametz.com/Review/600.html

Oh yes, I did know it got a 5.5 on IGN.

Dave[/quote]

Very nice review Dave. I see at the end there that recommend to play Koudelka first...Hmmmm I do have that one so I guess I'll try that one first. I bought Koudelka only by chance not too long ago when I saw it traded into my local Gamecrazy. It was only $8 and came nearly complete, just missing the manual, so I thought I would jump on it.

I only mentioned the fact that it got a 5.5 on IGN earlier because when I was updating my collection, I saw the score they gave it and was just shocked. Even from the little of it that I played of it way back when, the game didn't seem that bad.

[quote name='yogi99']Will Ebgames or Gamestop B&M have some more promotional copy of Shadow Hearts left by now? Can I get it for $0.99 or free there or how much would they charge for it?[/quote]

Mostly likely EB and Gamestop have been OOS of them for some time. If they do have any left and you're good buddies with the peopel that work there than maybe they'll give to you for free, probably not. Your best bet if you really want this game new is to probably find a store that still carries them (only other stores that I can think of that would be either Walmart, Kmart, TRU, or KayB). You might want to try finding it used. I'm not sure how often it comes on EB.com but when it does you can jump on it and use all the codes for it.

Yeah, I knew nothing about any of the games until i saw a koudelka for 6.99 at gamestop.

It's like a 10 hour game, and has a great unique kinda atmosphere, and i was like "cool, 7 bucks well spent". Then someone imformed me that Shadow hearts was a spinoff, and I traded for a copy someone got for $5 at CC. I actually stopped playing halfway through to play other games, and got around to it when Covenant came out. Obviously i regret stopping, as the second half of the game is amazing. Then Covenant came out, and that was all she wrote...

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Yeah, I knew nothing about any of the games until i saw a koudelka for 6.99 at gamestop.

It's like a 10 hour game, and has a great unique kinda atmosphere, and i was like "cool, 7 bucks well spent". Then someone imformed me that Shadow hearts was a spinoff, and I traded for a copy someone got for $5 at CC. I actually stopped playing halfway through to play other games, and got around to it when Covenant came out. Obviously i regret stopping, as the second half of the game is amazing. Then Covenant came out, and that was all she wrote...

Dave[/quote]

i hadn't known that Koudelka is only 10 hours. Phew...I'm almost happy now because I have a huge backlog of games I need to get through. I think I'll bump this one and SH up to the top during the upcoming break and just play through them. How good/bad is it other than the story? I've heard and read varying reports of it being awesome to it being the absolute worst in concern to graphics, control, etc..

I wish I could have gotten my hands on one of those 19.99 SH: C that TRU had recenlty marked down. By the time I got to my TRU they were sold out of them. The guy working the counter said some guy came in and bought all 7 copies that the store had. :evil: Hopefully it drops down in price to 19.99 at my Fry's since they still have a ton of copies of this.

I saw some people are selling Shadow Hearts brand new on ebay but I'm not sure if it is the promotional version or not since the auction didn't mention about it.

[quote name='yogi99']I saw some people are selling Shadow Hearts brand new on ebay but I'm not sure if it is the promotional version or not since the auction didn't mention about it.[/quote]

Check the pics of it to see which version of it. But really it doesn't matter. I'm nearly 100% sure (99.9% sure to be exact) that they're basically identical other than the words on the box saying that it's a promo.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='MightySlacker']Yeah, I knew nothing about any of the games until i saw a koudelka for 6.99 at gamestop.

Dave[/quote]

i hadn't known that Koudelka is only 10 hours. Phew...I'm almost happy now because I have a huge backlog of games I need to get through. I think I'll bump this one and SH up to the top during the upcoming break and just play through them. How good/bad is it other than the story? I've heard and read varying reports of it being awesome to it being the absolute worst in concern to graphics, control, etc..

I wish I could have gotten my hands on one of those 19.99 SH: C that TRU had recenlty marked down. By the time I got to my TRU they were sold out of them. The guy working the counter said some guy came in and bought all 7 copies that the store had. :evil: Hopefully it drops down in price to 19.99 at my Fry's since they still have a ton of copies of this.[/quote]

Koudelka? It's an above average game. It gets lots of bonus points from me just for the atmosphere. THe cut-scenes are pretty good by PS standards. The music, while not having a lot of different tracks is pretty good, and the battle and boss themes fit the game perfect.

People's beef seems to be with the battle system. It's kind of a simple strat layout, but I didn't think it was that awful. My main beef with the game is that the items enemies drop is totally random, and I made it to the end boss WITHOUT ONE fuckING PIECE OF ARMOR IN THE ENTIRE GAME. I had to use all my extra stat points to boost my HP since I had no armor

Other than that, I was down with it - Disc 1 clocks in at 2 hours, you'll know if you like the game or not by then, but even if you don't you should still go through it to get the bonus effect when you play SH. Just my opinion of course

Dave

[quote name='omegaweapon7']I want shadow hearts so bad, but never had a chance to get it >_<

should I just buy SH2 without the first one?[/quote]

Shrike is selling one for $20 - HURRY

I would urge you in the strongest possible terms to play SH first. It's the difference between Covenant being an excellent game and Covenant being an all-time classic.

Dave

Well my friend just called me about this and he checked to see the availability of this at all Fry's stores. The guy he asked to check the availability said that only something like 10 stores or something like that still have it in-stock. He said that the San Diego store still has some and that one new store somewhere still has something like 10 of them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well my friend just called me about this and he checked to see the availability of this at all Fry's stores. The guy he asked to check the availability said that only something like 10 stores or something like that still have it in-stock. He said that the San Diego store still has some and that one new store somewhere still has something like 10 of them.[/quote]

RUN CAGS, RUN!

I know for sure that the Fry's at City of Industry and Anaheim do not have the first Shadow Hearts. Because otherwise I would've gotten them ALL. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

No seriously, those 2 locations haven't stocked that game for a long time now.

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='omegaweapon7']I want shadow hearts so bad, but never had a chance to get it >_<

I would urge you in the strongest possible terms to play SH first. It's the difference between Covenant being an excellent game and Covenant being an all-time classic.

Dave[/quote]

Who is Shrike? How do I buy from Shrike?

Someone is selling SH2 on ebay for about $20 but with shipping it is about $25 shipped. I'm waiting for SH2 to hit GH price of $19.99 and buy it from the store to save on shipping.

[quote name='FoxStar']Can somebody in the San Diego area please jump in on this one and pick up an extra copy for me?[/quote]

I want a copy too.

[quote name='yogi99'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='omegaweapon7']I want shadow hearts so bad, but never had a chance to get it >_<

Dave[/quote]

Who is Shrike? How do I buy from Shrike?

Someone is selling SH2 on ebay for about $20 but with shipping it is about $25 shipped. I'm waiting for SH2 to hit GH price of $19.99 and buy it from the store to save on shipping.[/quote]

SH2 is $20 at TRU right now.

bread's done
Back