Blue toad files 1-6 + free advent calender $14.99
afterburner $4.99
Sonic adventure $4.99
Sonic DX add on content $1.99
Sonic 4 episode 1 $9.99
Burn zombie burn $4.99
Buzz quiz Free
Deadliest Warrior $4.99
Lots of others new games added and add on content for sale. Echochrome 2 is not out as well all in all 22 new games this week on PSN. Biggest week ever on PSN check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing for me in the sale, but I had no idea that Risk Factions was coming to PSN until I read the store update article on PS blog. Worth $10 even if the online dies really quickly?

[quote name='Lord_Zath']There's a program you can download called "Media Go" from Sony's website. It'll enable you to access the PSN store from your PC, download to PC, then transfer to PSP. I use this all the time, as downloads are far faster than using the PS3, as is browsing the PSN.[/QUOTE]
Just curious. Can you purchase PS3 content also or only PSP content with Media Go? Sometimes it'd be nice just to purchase content when on sale and worry about downloading later.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']There's a program you can download called "Media Go" from Sony's website. It'll enable you to access the PSN store from your PC, download to PC, then transfer to PSP. I use this all the time, as downloads are far faster than using the PS3, as is browsing the PSN.[/QUOTE]
I forgot about Media Go. thanks for the reminder. I would rather use the PS3 though because it has auto shutdown. I am probably going to grab little big planet 2 demo and valkaria chronicals 2 before I go to bed and then leave the PS3 running till they are done.

[quote name='Phenomic']Yep dang good portable experience as well. Not as good as Valkyria 1 but if you don't buy this game much like the ps3 version you are the complete problem. Especially at this price.[/QUOTE]

Valkyria fans, rabid.

can you buy anything from that though? I thought it was only PSP content

I've updated my original post with the sale items.

[quote name='Havok83']can you buy anything from that though? I thought it was only PSP content[/QUOTE]

Yep that is correct. Only PSP content.

Deals on games I have no interest in, why do they even bother? PSN is just shit, paying more for DD than UMDs is just retarded. BTW Fat Princess on PS3 is $15 while its only $8 on Amazon.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, because comparing the prices of PC games and console games is a great idea.[/QUOTE]
they are all games and all made on a PC!!! what sort of response are u looking for? only reason console games never go on sale like this is because Sony/MS and all the retailers are greedy losers. Just Cause 2 is $6 today on Steam, now respond.

[quote name='Archfiend']a bunch of 20% off sales, whoo shippiddy whoohoo, STEAM is laying monster craps all over sony.[/QUOTE]

Do to PC piracy, Steam has to sell games for really low prices. Thats PC gaming for you.

PC gamers can easily torrent games that are cracked and can run right after or even before release date.....so devs/publishers must sell games really cheap to get ppl into actually buying the games instead of pirating them.

[quote name='Archfiend']they are all games and all made on a PC!!! what sort of response are u looking for? only reason console games never go on sale like this is because Sony/MS and all the retailers are greedy losers. Just Cause 2 is $6 today on Steam, now respond.[/QUOTE]

Think things through before you post. Also, if you're looking for PC game deals, wrong thread.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Wow.. just found out Gunstar Heroes has trophy support. Looks like this might warrant a purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked it up although I have it on cartridge already. I unlocked a couple of trophies already but man I can see this game is really difficult. For $2.99 it's a must buy IMHO. Shank is awesome and I suggest everyone pick it up as well.

[quote name='typical guy']I looked at the complete list of changes and honestly, it seems like a let down compared to the XBL sale. That said, I'll probably pick up all of Blue Toad Murder Files for $15. That's $2.50 per episode which is fairly reasonable (other than the fact that I had already bought episode 1 for .49.).

All the borderlands DLC in a bundle for $30 isn't a good deal, I just don't understand why Sony can't match Microsoft's deals.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but if I had to guess, its because PSN is completely free...unlike XBL

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Not sure, but if I had to guess, its because PSN is completely free...unlike XBL[/QUOTE]

Bad guess....I guess? Most XBL sales are gold members only. I'm not a gold member because I'm cheap. This XBL sale is for EVERYONE even silver members. So in some cases I'd agree with you but not this time.

[quote name='Archfiend']only reason console games never go on sale like this is because Sony/MS and all the retailers are greedy losers.[/QUOTE]

Or it's because they have far, far more expenses to cover than Valve does.

I think I will get worms 2 and buzz quiz since I have the 4 buzzers (quiz tv).
I have deadliest warrior and the game is...uh..it's okay. Similar to Bushido Blade on PSX back in the day with one hit kills. Except this game isn't just samurais, it's got a pirate, knight, etc. This game isn't worth $5, IMO. No character creation and story which sucks. Just straight fighting and it gets old FAST.
Thanks, OP.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']any thoughts and opinions on phantasy star? either single player or online...and is it ad hoc only?[/QUOTE]
MP is Infrastructure and the demo was fantastic.

Those are my only impressions.

[quote name='D0RC']I wanna bite on Sonic 4 but I have a feeling they might release all the episodes on disc.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Sonic 4 will come out on disc sometime after the release of all of the episodes via DD. It's a Sega DD experiment.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']any thoughts and opinions on phantasy star? either single player or online...and is it ad hoc only?[/QUOTE]

It's great. MP is infrastructure, but there aren't many people online. In fact, most of the rooms were "dating" rooms. Yes, people using PSP2 as a weird chat program. So, if you really want legit online play, get some friends to buy it or team up on cag. Maybe the sale will beef up your online options.

Otherwise, the game can be done in single player. Your teammates' AI is pretty bad, but it doesn't matter a whole lot. You just have to grind enough to make up for them.

It's an addicting ARPG with lots of loot and slashing + good graphics and music. There's a story in there somewhere that's probably completely retarded, but I don't really pay attention to story that much. I came close to buying it at $40 many times, finally got it for $19.99 through amazon and it's totally worth it. $15 is a steal!

also for those on the fence, Phantasy Star Portable 2 has a demo that gives you the opening of the game and allows you to import your character into the full version. I spent 3 and a half hours on it before getting the full game before hitting a point where leveling would be too much of a grind (with limited enemies.)

It's pretty much one of the best games on PSP, and I have over 50 games for it; and for $15.99, it's a steal. Even though I have the UMD, I may buy the digital version so it's always in my PSP.

You can play MP via Ad-Hoc (PSP to PSP), Online (over the Internet), or via Ad-Hoc Party (PSP tunneled through PS3, allows for mic support).

That said, Single Player is terrific--it's basically a massive action-RPG with an average story and tons of content. Best of all, your Single Player character and your Multi-player character are one in the same.

I have sunk an insane amount of time into this game, and I can't get enough; and it gets even better when you team up with others. Def. my portable GotY, and possibly my overall GotY.

Hmm based on all the good feedback on Phantasy Star Portable 2, I might as well give it a shot. That is, as long as my gamestop next to my work is not overrun with idiots so I can't get a PSN card today :lol:

Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll have to bite then. And plus evidently I can use it to meet hot chicks via the dating rooms. woot!

Might pick up Burn Zombie Burn, kinda bored of top down shooters tho.

[quote name='Archfiend']a bunch of 20% off sales, whoo shippiddy whoohoo, STEAM is laying monster craps all over sony.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, they're also shitting over xbl's weak "deals".

STEAM Rules!!

It's not the console manufacturers' fault that the PC industry is so rampant with piracy that companies have to massively discount their games to make them sell.

Let's be realistic here; piracy most definitely drives down the prices of PC games, both retail copies and downloadable. You'd be insane to deny this.

bread's done
Back