Huge PSX RPG Haul

rocray

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
$8.97 a game. Someone traded them all in to a local retailer. Luckily I got to them first!

509_b5.jpg

UPDATE!!!!
I actually frogot 4 games guys... They slipped out of the bag under my passenger seat.

They are
Suidoken 2
Grandia
Saga Frontier 2
Thousand Arms

And those are all also mint, compete.

Anyone wanna buy them all? I sold Vanguard Bandits, but everything else is here.
500 + shipping

539_reciept.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...What store was it? If it was the one in Waterville, I will commit seppuku. I was just there earlier. :(

[quote name='casperinian']Why does a store specializing in games do this? Eh, it's just the jealousy talking.[/QUOTE]

They really specialize in music and movies. The one near where I live has an easy 10,000 DVDs lining the store. I gave up looking for rare games there because all they typically have are used sports titles and Spongebob games. I guess I'll have to be more vigilant. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Cthulhu']It's weird how many giant PSX RPG collections are just sitting around. It fills me with boiling hot jealousy.[/QUOTE]

The console JRPG was the late 90s (and early 00s) answer to today's console FPS. Everyone had at least one in their collection. It doesn't really surprise me at all that there is stuff like this out in the wild. This haul is definitely out of the ordinary, though (and really awesome).

[quote name='Doomstink']The console JRPG was the late 90s (and early 00s) answer to today's console FPS. Everyone had at least one in their collection. It doesn't really surprise me at all that there is stuff like this out in the wild. This haul is definitely out of the ordinary, though (and really awesome).[/QUOTE]
I was never one for that type of RPG. I preferred(and still do) the Diablo/Dark Alliance type dungeon crawlers versus wading through menus and taking 'turns'.

I had Vagrant Story about 3-4 years ago. I got it from a local shop for around $15, tried it, hated it and then sold it to someone on CAG.

Oh man, very nice haul!

I hate the mom & pop stores around here. Their prices are eBay/Amazon prices + 20% markup. Of course they offer you piss poor trade in values.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh man, very nice haul!

I hate the mom & pop stores around here. Their prices are eBay/Amazon prices + 20% markup. Of course they offer you piss poor trade in values.[/QUOTE]
That's how the local shop around here is anymore. They started out giving great values for stuff, but now they barely offer above break even. That's why I'm trying to sell any stuff I would've normally sold to them up on Amazon anymore.

At one time or another I had all of those. I regret everyday all the ones I got rid of. Tales of Destiny alone gives me nightmares over the ebay selling of it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']At one time or another I had all of those. I regret everyday all the ones I got rid of. Tales of Destiny alone gives me nightmares over the ebay selling of it.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the guy who traded in all these doesn't ever look back. If the store was selling them for 8.97, I can imagine they gave a fraction of that in TIV.

I always wish I could find the backstory on amazing finds like this. Someone had all these hard-to-find JRPGs and didn't realize/care how much they were worth? Either that or it's an ex-girlfriend/ex-wife dumping his stuff.

I like how in the OPs 30 posts here he wanted to sell the games first instead of bragging

450. Given they are in mint condition and every game is complete with manuals and maps.
i just bought them all last night. Went to a local place up here in Maine, and someone traded them all in. Needless to say, I bought them all.

If nobody bites here or on craigslist, I'm probally going to sell them seperately on Amazon.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292444

144+ tax or whatever to $450 is decent. Not that he shouldnt sell them but just noting his priorities.

[quote name='salty tbone']Hopefully the guy who traded in all these doesn't ever look back. If the store was selling them for 8.97, I can imagine they gave a fraction of that in TIV.

I always wish I could find the backstory on amazing finds like this. Someone had all these hard-to-find JRPGs and didn't realize/care how much they were worth? Either that or it's an ex-girlfriend/ex-wife dumping his stuff.[/QUOTE]

When I found my Mega Drive Wily Wars for $2 in a Pawn Shop in a town in bumfuck California I was dying to know how it got there. The stories to some of these things must be nuts.

Based off a quick little search of shopping comparison the remaining games value in at a little less then 450, shipping not fully factored in. For ease of purchase? 450, not bad. The fact that the only two games I really want at the moment from his purchase (Legend of Mana and Tales of Destiny) are the only two he decided to sell/keep...well, my search continues.

I actually frogot 4 games guys... They slipped out of the bag under my passenger seat.

They are
Suidoken 2
Grandia
Saga Frontier 2
Thousand Arms

And those are all also mint, compete.

Anyone wanna buy them all? I sold Vanguard Bandits, but everything else is here.
500 + shipping

539_reciept.jpg

Right now I imagine some RPG fanatic coming home from college:

"Hey Mom! I can't find my video games, do you know where they are?"
"I think I traded them in with some old DVD's and CD's, sorry. Here you can have what they gave me for it all"
*hands kid $50*

Murderous rampage ensues.

bread's done
Back