Huge Star Trek Sale 40% off DVDS (Season sets, and Movies) @buy.com

How good is $275.99 for all 7 seasons of TNG ? I haven't been keeping up with these prices. And I'm kinda wondering if they will get cheaper as Paramount will be sure to start pimping the HD-dvd versions.

[quote name='KingDox']How good is $275.99 for all 7 seasons of TNG ? I haven't been keeping up with these prices. And I'm kinda wondering if they will get cheaper as Paramount will be sure to start pimping the HD-dvd versions.[/QUOTE]

It's about 253 during the DDD 20% off sale.

As for TNG in HD, Apparently the way they shot it, they used film then transfered to tape then edited it. That means the show is going to have to be re-edited for every episode from the film stock. If they do a good honest job of it, it's going to take them a long while.

They have been adjusting prices for the increase in shipping costs, across the board.

They have every right to charge what they want. But if they are blaming it on shipping costs, they are a little slow. Shipping went up in May.

Anyway, this is the new Anniversary set so it is a good deal at that price with Free Shipping. But yes if you wait long enough you may find it cheaper.

[quote name='BKenn01']That is assuming they dont raise the price. Which they appear to have done on some titles lately.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I got mine at $253 a year ago in the summer sale.

[quote name='lordwow']Eh, I got mine at $253 a year ago in the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

Did you get all 7 box sets or this single mega box set. I'm not sure witch one I would rather have. The single seasons are a nice but the mega pack would save on space.

I'd like to just get all of them in one shot since it's cheaper then buying them one at a time.

I bet I'm going to have to wait at least 5 years before an HD TNG set is out.

[quote name='KingDox']Did you get all 7 box sets or this single mega box set. I'm not sure witch one I would rather have. The single seasons are a nice but the mega pack would save on space.

I'd like to just get all of them in one shot since it's cheaper then buying them one at a time.

I bet I'm going to have to wait at least 5 years before an HD TNG set is out.[/QUOTE]

I got the single mega box set. It doesn't really save on space (at least the one I have), it was just the 7 single sets packaged together... I think I have a pic of my loot from that sale somewhere...

DDDDVD.jpg

That's what it looks like.

[quote name='lordwow']I got the single mega box set. It doesn't really save on space (at least the one I have), it was just the 7 single sets packaged together... I think I have a pic of my loot from that sale somewhere...

DDDDVD.jpg

That's what it looks like.[/quote]

the one available that "saves space" is the new full release box set that comes out on Tuesday. It's smaller and contains some extra content not found anywhere else *grits teeth*

[quote name='BKenn01']They have every right to charge what they want. But if they are blaming it on shipping costs, they are a little slow. Shipping went up in May.

Anyway, this is the new Anniversary set so it is a good deal at that price with Free Shipping. But yes if you wait long enough you may find it cheaper.[/quote]

During their last 20% off sale many of the dvds I bought from Deep Discount actually DROPPED in price before the sale. I have a list already made with prices so i can tell if anything is raised for the next sale too

[quote name='KingDox']
I bet I'm going to have to wait at least 5 years before an HD TNG set is out.[/quote]
5 years to never maybe.

Wil Wheaton said on TVSquad that TNG will almost never come out on HD because of the amount of work it would be for them to do. It would most likely cost more than it is worth.

And Crimson Tide is an awesome movie.

129.99 + shipping for Star Trek season 1 HD-DVD/DVD Hybrid seems like a good deal. I love Star Trek, but don't have a HD-DVD player (yet), just Blu-Ray. I wish Paramount would have never signed that stupid deal. I really want this, but I can't justify the purchase just yet.

The Star Trek Original Crew Movie Collection is that the "Collectors Editions" or the first releases? With Google check out I might pick this up.

[quote name='Pookymeister']FYE.com coupon code mistake could probably get these cheaper - was $190 or so for Deep Space Nine set.[/quote]

what coupon code is it?

bread's done
Back