Huge suprise from Konami

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I'm not sure if i'm even supposed to be repeating this.. or if it's already been made public.. but..

Due to Konami all coming under one umbrella (or something), i've been told that they are now able and currently (quietly) working on a Castlevania Collection, i'm guessing it'll be similar to the Sonic and Mega Man Collections..

..but if this information is not public yet.. you didn't hear that from me^^

Meh, the Sonic collection only had a few games on it.

Unless it is a complete collection of a series up to a certain year it's kind of dumb.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Sounds very cool. I hope it includes all three of the GBA versions, because I only have two of those.[/QUOTE]

I only have two also (Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow). If the GBA games are in there I am going to be like this...

:D

then this...
:bouncy:

followed by this...
eusadance0bi.gif

You could only fit every Castlvania game onto one dvd... :roll:

(Up to LOI for sure... maybe even with it...)

[quote name='xzafixz']It better have Rondo of Blood, otherwise, meh.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for the absoulute truth.

For you all wanting the GBA games, what a waste of resources that would be. Rondo of Blood is probably the ONLY castlevania game that is not only impossible to find (it fetches $150 on Ebay, last I checked) it's for a system that not many own (Turbo Duo). Rondo of Blood is quoted by many to be one of the best CV's ever, and some say that SOTN draws alot of its material from it.

I would be ecstatic if it was Rondo of Blood... hell, I'd even throw down a preorder, and I haven't done that in at least six years.

That'd be great if it had the 2D Castlevanias, I'd pay top dollar for it. However, I don't really expect it to have LoI, the N64 games 9like anyone cares about those anyhow) or even the GBa Castlevanias. I'd still fork over good money for a good collection of all the 2D console versions (especially w/ Rondo of Blood as mentioned by others).

[quote name='Tromack']Wasn't there already some sort of Castlevania collection thing? For the PS1? With like 2 games?[/QUOTE]

Your thinking castlevania chronicles, and i think it was just like castlevania 1 and another version of castlevania 1 or something lol

[quote name='Tromack']Wasn't there already some sort of Castlevania collection thing? For the PS1? With like 2 games?[/QUOTE]

There was a PC collection that had CV I-III along with the NES Contra games; I don't recall a PS1 collection. Maybe you're thinking of Chronicles, which was an unreleased PC-Engine game (I think).

I just hope it isn't a disappointment. I don't know if the collection is even worth it if it doesn't have some of the rarer stuff on it (Rondo, Dracula X, even SotN).

Not Castlevania, but one nice thing Konami is putting out is Suikoden 1 and 2 pack for the PSP.(in Japan anyway)

I thought I remember reading about Rondo, and with the exception of a lot of animated cutscenes, there was little different between it and Castlevania X on the SNES. Except the SNES version was inferior because it couldn't fit in the CD quality music, cut scenes, etc. But that the gameplay mechanics were classic CV - stage 1, boss, stage 2, boss...

Unless I'm wrong, and if I am, that's okay, I always wanted to play Rondo.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']I just want a new 2d castlevania for consoles. COME ON KONAMI! NO ONE LIKES YOUR 3D CASTLEVANIAS![/QUOTE]

Legacy of Darkness rules! I remember reading that the MSX Castlevania was different than the NES version, I'd like to see that too, as well as Haunted Castle and probably even spin-offs (?) like Kid Dracula.

Well hey, count me among the surprised and stoked about this. Castlevania is teh greatest franchise evaaar; can't wait to get my hands on this one.

[quote name='Strell']I thought I remember reading about Rondo, and with the exception of a lot of animated cutscenes, there was little different between it and Castlevania X on the SNES. Except the SNES version was inferior because it couldn't fit in the CD quality music, cut scenes, etc. But that the gameplay mechanics were classic CV - stage 1, boss, stage 2, boss...

Unless I'm wrong, and if I am, that's okay, I always wanted to play Rondo.[/QUOTE]

From Castlevania Dungeon:
Back in 1995, Castlevania fans everywhere were elated that the legendary PC Engine title Dracula X would be ported over to the SNES and released in America. Sadly, this turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments in the series. Rather than a direct port, Castlevania: Dracula X is meant to be more of a sequel to the original game (it's called Dracula XX in Japan). While the character graphics and controls are the same, the levels are completely different, and almost everything that made the original so appetizing is gone.

Well there ya go.

I'll buy this if it has Rondo or the GBA games. Can you imagine if they took the GBA games and upgraded the sound/graphics to match SOTN? ORGASM! And maybe they could include the PSX version of SOTN, but with the additions from the Saturn version (new areas, extra characters, etc.). A soundtrack CD would be great, too, especially if they do everything fully orchestrated,

[quote name='Dezuria']Not Castlevania, but one nice thing Konami is putting out is Suikoden 1 and 2 pack for the PSP.(in Japan anyway)[/QUOTE]

That would almost get me to buy a PSP if it's released in the US.

Hopefully, this is more than just a rumor, Castlevania is one of my favorite series of games, but unfortunately I've never played Rondo or Dracula X.

I'd buy it. Castlevania 1, 2, 3, and Bloodlines rocked. I still haven't played SotN yet. I did beat Circle of the Moon on GBA though and loved it. If the collection has a lot of games on it (including the N64 ones) I'd buy it no doubt.

I remember reading that the MSX Castlevania was different than the NES version

Actually, this is what the Castlevania Chronicles for PSX was...the original MSX version, with some new options and an optional rearranged soundtrack as well.

[quote name='secretvampire']Actually, this is what the Castlevania Chronicles for PSX was...the original MSX version, with some new options and an optional rearranged soundtrack as well.[/QUOTE]

You're confusing the MSX and the Sharp X68000. Castlevania Chronicles is the X68000 Akumajou Dracula. The MSX game looks much more like the NES game, but is still very different. If I'm not mistaken though, they're all supposed to be remakes of the same story (along with Castlevania 4 SNES).

MjC

[quote name='geotech']Sounds too good to be true. I'll wait for official news or an article. When that happens, preorder time.[/QUOTE]
QFT

You're confusing the MSX and the Sharp X68000. Castlevania Chronicles is the X68000 Akumajou Dracula. The MSX game looks much more like the NES game, but is still very different. If I'm not mistaken though, they're all supposed to be remakes of the same story (along with Castlevania 4 SNES).

Gah, you are right. Thanks for the clarification, I hosed that up pretty good. :) And you are definitely correct they are (including Super Castlevania IV for SNES) basically different versions of the same story.

Any idea when it's supposed to come out / when we'll get official news? Like most everyone else on here, I'm sold if Rondo is included...

keep an eye on castlevania dungeon (www.classicgaming.com/castlevania)

that guy is pretty informed of the ins and outs of the CV happenings. I am sure once the offical word gets out, he will post it on his site.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Any idea when it's supposed to come out / when we'll get official news? Like most everyone else on here, I'm sold if Rondo is included...[/QUOTE]

IGA did a big interview in the back of the Dawn of Sorrow guide, where they asked him some questions, such as "Why has Rondo of Blood not been released in the US on another system yet?"

He tells them that he has too many projects right now, and that when he does re-release it he wants to re-do the graphics and touch up the game a bit.

When asked about a compliation, he tells them it would be hard since all the Castlevania's were on different platforms... but he then goes on to say "The NES had Castlevania 1-3... that might work though". He also mentions that two of his favorite games were Castlevania 3 and Rondo of Blood.

What's my guess on it? Castlevania 1 - 3 with updated graphics.

[quote name='Scorch']It's been mentioned, it's more than likely something like http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/258111.asp.. just a repackage/reissue bundle[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I wonder though, what could be bundled in there? If it's the NES Castlevania and Circle of the Moon that's not so great, but any other combination and that could be pretty good for people (like myself) that missed out on Harmony or/and Aria.

Is Rondo of Blood a Castleroid game, or just the guy with a whip and some subweapons type? I hate those old type of Castlevanias, but the Castleroid games are amazing.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']This better be available for Xbox and/or GameCube. Otherwise... :evil:[/QUOTE]

I hope so too, but I have a ps2 just in case... oh and what happened to the Phantasy Star collection? I was really looking forward to that, and now it seems to have vanished :cry:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I hope so too, but I have a ps2 just in case... oh and what happened to the Phantasy Star collection? I was really looking forward to that, and now it seems to have vanished :cry:[/QUOTE]

If I recall there was talk about major issues with that mostly because the Sega Ages collection in Japan, when the PSC was scheduled for a February release several months ago, had yet to release anything more than the PSI remake (I don't know about PSII...I think they did, or at least have done so since). It could simply be a matter of Sega wanting to milk the franchise in Japan for all its worth before a US compilation can be released.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. A silent death would be a sickening shame for such a collection.

[quote name='Kapwanil']If I recall there was talk about major issues with that mostly because the Sega Ages collection in Japan, when the PSC was scheduled for a February release several months ago, had yet to release anything more than the PSI remake (I don't know about PSII...I think they did, or at least have done so since). It could simply be a matter of Sega wanting to milk the franchise in Japan for all its worth before a US compilation can be released.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. A silent death would be a sickening shame for such a collection.[/QUOTE]

What Sega wanted to do is include PS1, 2, 4 in one disc. At the time of the orginal release date, only PS1 is out in Japan. What this means is that Sega need to wait for PS4 to release in Japan first (PS 2 is already out in Japan). This might have to do with Sony only wanting collections of old games. Plus people would not be happing paying $20 three times for each game.

bread's done
Back