Huge TV Show on DVD Sale at WBshop.com

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
WBshop.com has a some great prices on select TV shows on DVD. Any purchases $60 and over get free shipping, otherwise they're charging a flat rate of $2.50

Here's the sale page: http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware...cgid=SALE_HE_TV&sz=160&promo=fluidTVONDVDmain

Here are some Highlights:

Brisco County Jr. Complete series - $12
Babylon 5 Season 1-5 - $12 each
Nip/Tuck Complete Series - $70
Birds of Prey Complete Series - $8.90
North and South Complete series - $16
Gilligan's Island The Complete series - $30
The Flash: The Complete series - $10
Kung Fu: The Complete series - $30
Wonder Woman: Complete series - $30

Last edited by a moderator:
damn......... know how long these are on sale?

Wouldnt mind picking up:

Children's Hospital
Venture Bros Season 4 Vols. 1 and 2
Brisco County Jr.

and possibly Niptuck Complete, though I already own the first 3 seasons.

But I'm dead broke for now.

motherfucking fuck fuck shit fuck. I'll just order the Tales from the Crypt set from amazon.com for $12.50 more. That $12.50 more is killing the CAGiness in my body. I think I need to go lie down now.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']motherfucking fuck fuck shit fuck. I'll just order the Tales from the Crypt set from amazon.com for $12.50 more. That $12.50 more is killing the CAGiness in my body. I think I need to go lie down now.[/QUOTE]

The items ended up coming back in stock on wbshop.com. It just says it will take 10 business days before they ship. I ended up cancelling my Amazon order and ordering from WBshop. Instead of buying seasons 1-7 of Tales from the Crypt for $64.99 on amazon, I bought seasons 1-7 of tales from the crypt and Birds of Prey from wbshop for $65.08 (after tax).

Oh well, I get Birds of Prey for .09 cents more and I just have to wait a few weeks for shipping from WBshop. I can deal with that. Thanks OP. It was breaking my fragile CAG spirit buying from Amazon when I knew it was cheaper on WBshop just hours before. :)

Edit: On Amazon I actually did a "Request Cancellation." It says they'll "try their best" to cancel my order. Has anyone dealt with this before?

yep, just about everything that showed OOS last night is back in stock.

I'm not too familiar with Brisco County Jr., is it really really good?

[quote name='ssjmichael']yep, just about everything that showed OOS last night is back in stock.

I'm not too familiar with Brisco County Jr., is it really really good?[/QUOTE]
It's pretty good, Bruce Campbell light-hearted drama, comedy, late-1800's, cowboy adventure with a bit of a sci-fi twist as part of the arc of the series has them hunting for a mysterious artifact. It's from one of the executive producers of Lost so you can see little early touches of that over the course of the series.

90 minute pilot and 26 other 45 minute long episodes for $12 is hard to beat.

Wow, is this series really 18 years old? ugh, that makes me feel old as I remember watching it when it originally aired, then in repeats on TNT.

Pilot is on youtube in VHS quality in 9 parts if you want to try before you buy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIPaUB9M1Xc

How long does WBShop usually take to ship for you guys? I ordered all the Tales from the Crypt boxsets when they said "ships within 10 business days." It's been 20 business days and they haven't shipped yet. On the product pages of all the tales from the crypt boxsets, they all say "ships within 1 business day." It's said 1 day for over a week now. I'm really worried that my order will be cancelled. They haven't charged my credit card yet either.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm not too familiar with Brisco County Jr., is it really really good?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. One of the better things Bruce Campbell was involved with. Think "Wild Wild West" with a more SciFi/Fantastic angle to it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']How long does WBShop usually take to ship for you guys? I ordered all the Tales from the Crypt boxsets when they said "ships within 10 business days." It's been 20 business days and they haven't shipped yet. On the product pages of all the tales from the crypt boxsets, they all say "ships within 1 business day." It's said 1 day for over a week now. I'm really worried that my order will be cancelled. They haven't charged my credit card yet either.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation; ordered them way back and they still haven't shipped. I don't think they'll cancel them though.

[quote name='fireseal859']How much does shipping usually run?[/QUOTE]

$2.50 flat rate for all DVD's and Blu-rays. You get free shipping with a $60 purchase toi I believe.

They've added a few more shows, including Babylon 5 seasons 1-5 for $12 each, Sarah Connor Chronicles (including Blu versions), MadTV, The Mentalist, Chuck, The Human Target, and more

Click the link in the OP for the full list of additions

[quote name='PopcornBandit']Just got an email saying that my copy of Brisco County Jr. has shipped. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck. The order I made on 10-23-11 still hasn't shipped yet. It's been almost a month.

WBShop is terrible. I ordered a couple of Tales from the Crypt seasons back in October. I was told they're on backorder even though they're still selling them. Before that I ordered ER the complete series and they cancelled on me. Does anything actually ship from their site?

They're pretty hit or miss when it comes to shipping stuff. Some things come in about a week, but I've had things take months to be delivered (specifically the Ultimate Matrix set from last year's BF sale which didn't come till like January).

What the fuck, and I cancelled my Amazon Tales from the Crypt DOTD for this bullshyte. I won't use wbshop ever again. When they said "ships within 10 days" I thought they were telling the truth. Even if it was 10 business days that would be fine. This is ridiculous.

Well it showed that they were out of stock yesterday afternoon for Brisco but today they are in stock. I ordered one so we'll see. Maybe I'll get it before xmas?

[quote name='Keen314']Got my Flash and Birds of Prey DVDs today. Not bad, WB Shop.[/QUOTE]

When did you place your order?

[quote name='Kali']Well it showed that they were out of stock yesterday afternoon for Brisco but today they are in stock. I ordered one so we'll see. Maybe I'll get it before xmas?[/QUOTE]

2011 or 2012? j/k

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']When did you place your order?[/QUOTE]
I posted when I placed the order back on page 1. It was 11/11/11.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']How's Bird of Prey or the Blade series? Never seen both of them before.[/QUOTE]

The Blade series was really entertaining and was getting great at the end. Then SPIKE decided to cancel it because the ratings were low and it ended on a cliffhanger :(

[quote name='shouamabane']I'm still waiting for a shipment email for Brisco. I ordered on 11/12/11

Has anyone else had theirs ship?[/QUOTE]

Nope, still waiting on mine too. The confirmation email said it would ship no later than 11/21.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']How's Bird of Prey or the Blade series? Never seen both of them before.[/QUOTE]

Birds of Prey was a weak attempt at a good premise. Low production values, poor writing, passable acting. It's okay if you're into "Grrrl Power!" type shows, but it has little to offer besides that.

in for Witchblade. Never seen in that cheap before, so figured it was worth a blind buy. Amazon has some good reviews for it and the anime was good, so I think it'll be a worthy purchase =).

[quote name='thelonepig']Nope, still waiting on mine too. The confirmation email said it would ship no later than 11/21.[/QUOTE]

My email said the same.

edit: I got an email confirmation that my Brisco set shipped today. (11/30/11)

bread's done
Back