Huge YMMV - Xbox 360 (USED) $229.99 - Rhino

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
A friend's friend (who wouldn't BS on this at any rate) says that the 360 system rings up as ~$229.99 used. Not credit for, but that's the sale price. No word on which system it is, or if it includes anything other than the core unit, controller and hook-ups.

That is, you'd have to find someone clueless to eBay who already wants to get rid of it (crackheads?), and employees who won't try and make a huge profit. Got my name on the list in case one comes in, just a heads up for anyone willing to wait for a cheaper price point. I'm sure EB/GS have similar pricing, but Rhino is the only one I know.

Good luck and happy hunting. If I can find out specifics, I'll edit.

[quote name='MrFriday18']How is this YMMV when there is no store that has one is stock.[/QUOTE]

One already came in to that particular store, and the manager bought it for himself. You'll just have to check your local Rhino to see when/if they get one in.

EDIT: www.rhinovideogames.com Unfortunately, no pricing or inventory levels online.

You have a better chance of being given a 360 by a kind-hearted wal-mart shopper who waited to get one on release day by standing in front of the 360 display in the electronics department for 46 hours straight than to find a used 360 at rhino before Christmas.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Got my name on the list in case one comes in, just a heads up for anyone willing to wait for a cheaper price point.[/QUOTE]

name on a list... I guess you will get a used one after the employees get there chance to get one. I doubt that many gets traded in for at least a couple of months.

[quote name='cyberlian']You have a better chance of being given a 360 by a kind-hearted wal-mart shopper who waited to get one on release day by standing in front of the 360 display in the electronics department for 46 hours straight than to find a used 360 at rhino before Christmas.[/quote]

I total agree.

I don't really care if I get it before Xmas. All I care about is getting it cheaply. And when I said list, I didn't really mean it that way. If one comes in, I'll get a call. It's not like he's doing it for anyone else.

I dont think this is as impossible as it sounds. Pawn Shops will probably get one in within a few weeks because of bills and such. I'm waiting ofr Gamerush to get one in used.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I dont think this is as impossible as it sounds. Pawn Shops will probably get one in within a few weeks because of bills and such. I'm waiting ofr Gamerush to get one in used.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that...At this rate you'll have a used xbox 360 by christmas....christmas 2007 that is

my friend is manager of EBGames and he said the day after the launch he got 3 brand new in box xbox 360's traded in, his store has consistant crackheads tho who sell brand new merchandise for cash all the time tho

or people who buy stuff on their credit card then sell it for cash (dunno why they don't jsut take cash advance), once there was some guy who sold 16 PS2's to 16 different EBGames in the area in one day, who knows if he hit up the gamestops/crazy's too

thing is there's stupid people out there, or people who rob and try to get rid of it quick

[quote name='Otherguy676']I dont think this is as impossible as it sounds. Pawn Shops will probably get one in within a few weeks because of bills and such. I'm waiting ofr Gamerush to get one in used.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was in a local store (wouldn't exactly call it a pawn shop but basically that's what it is) that I always shop in and the manager told me that someone, probably a crackhead, bought one in just 2 days after release.

I had already planned on waiting to get one this spring anyway. So I don't feel so bad about missing out on it. Plus it was the Core System.

I don't believe any of these stories of crackheads trading in 360s . . . unless they are stolen . . . in which case law enforcement could enter the picture.

Crackheads may sell off their stuff but crackheads sell off old stuff. They wouldn't have had money to buy a system to begin with.

Anyone who has a Rhino by them should check it out. I bought a used copy of Bangai-o from them for $15 this past summer. Some other guy picked up a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the PS2 while I was in the store. Good stuff I say.

[quote name='schultzed']
Crackheads may sell off their stuff but crackheads sell off old stuff. They wouldn't have had money to buy a system to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even the manger of the store told me it was probably stolen. Do you really think that if a crackhead had $300-400 they would buy a 360?

Could you imagine the size of the crack rock they could get with that. Or better yet how much "soft" and baking soda they could buy with that amount of money.

[quote name='schultzed']I don't believe any of these stories of crackheads trading in 360s . . . unless they are stolen . . . in which case law enforcement could enter the picture.

Crackheads may sell off their stuff but crackheads sell off old stuff. They wouldn't have had money to buy a system to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Usually with crackheads and video games, it's their brother's, nephew's, etc.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Usually with crackheads and video games, it's their brother's, nephew's, etc.[/QUOTE]

That is true I know of people in my neighborhood that do stuff like this all the time most (yes, I know people in my neighborhood that do drugs but I don't partake in that behavior). I know that most of the traded in 360s in my area are stolen because someone actually stole the first shipment of 360s from a Gamestop in my area.

They probably traded them with pawn shops across the area because it is a lot of them and I haven't seen any in Gamestop or EBs I frequent.

Rhinos is a great place to find games. Since I have shopped there I have gotten two copies of Dragon Force (Saturn) for $7.50 each and Suikoden II for $35

[quote name='rsigley']

thing is there's stupid people out there, or people who rob and try to get rid of it quick[/QUOTE]

agreed, he was probably some disgruntled gamestop worker to walked out with a ton of systems the day he quit and wanted to unload them at eb.

[quote name='lifetakers']Rhino is owned by blockbuster. If gamerush dont have em in stock neither will Rhino[/QUOTE]

That's not true. They are owned, but a totally seperate entity. If a Rhino gets one, they aren't going to ship it to the nearest GR. Rhino's, IMO, get better and more varied system trades.

bread's done
Back