hugo & poison's recruiting thread- all fighters welcome (fighter thread 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gigan54']

because everybody should be disgusted by poison. ;) and if you're not... then that's just sad...[/QUOTE]

Color me sad then. :lol:

haha, I used to like poison too, that is until I read her backstory and all. now I just keep that stuff to myself, I know what she is, but damn does she look good... i feel disgusting now :cry:

[quote name='gigan54']haha, I used to like poison too, that is until I read her backstory and all. now I just keep that stuff to myself, I know what she is, but damn does she look good... i feel disgusting now :cry:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Reminds me of the Maury Povich they showed yesterday when they had the studio guess if the people on stage were born men or women. I have to admit I was confused by a lot of them as was a lot of the audience. The transexuals looked better than almost all the real women they had on the stage. Oh well. :roll:

I am surprised they didn't make Poison into a playable character in the Street Fighter series like they did with so many other Final Fight characters. Could have been Capcom's answer to Bridget if nothing else.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']

I am surprised they didn't make Poison into a playable character in the Street Fighter series like they did with so many other Final Fight characters. Could have been Capcom's answer to Bridget if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Beacuse GGXX came out in 2002.

Bridget is more disturbing than poison, imo. I see transvestites every time I go downtown and I don't see little boys in a too-short skirt and nun outfit :lol:

ditto on bridget...

and as a response to Markman in the old thread: I knew about the JP/PAL versions of T5 witht he ghosted pro players, but no way I'm modding my system (I usually only mod it when the next generation of the system comes out). I think I'm just going to take my PS2 to my college every day now and just whip out T5 and wait for people to show up.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Damn, I want one of those arcade cabinets. :drool: :drool: :drool:[/QUOTE]

I already got one. it's decent. ;)

Thanks for the link markman....sounds like they are trying to make it truly 3D, like sidesteps aren't just for dodging and specific side attacks anymore.
VFTV also looks cool.

I'm hoping all this will go towards an online version of the game for the 360 :pray:

Just got my X-Box (not the 360) so I'll be online soon. Picked up Guilty Gear, KOF 2K2/2K3, and DOA Ultimate (watch out Apposum.)

Cool. I just sold my 360 so, i'm crawling back to my crummy old xbox. Check my gamertag in my avatar. Just got a magicbox converter for my Tekken anniversary stick, so i'll be all about some doa, SF3, and maybe some guilty gear.

btw, I think everyone knows this but don't import GG:Isuka for the xbox. i torrented it-- meh, deleted.

[quote name='Apossum']Cool. I just sold my 360 so, i'm crawling back to my crummy old xbox. Check my gamertag in my avatar. Just got a magicbox converter for my Tekken anniversary stick, so i'll be all about some doa, SF3, and maybe some guilty gear.

btw, I think everyone knows this but don't import GG:Isuka for the xbox. i torrented it-- meh, deleted.[/QUOTE]

Didn't care for the 360? I know I saw you on it this past week on my Dashboard.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Didn't care for the 360? I know I saw you on it this past week on my Dashboard.[/QUOTE]

nah, I love it but I couldn't pass up the chance to own it for free by selling it on ebay.
the trick will be in getting one before DoA 4 comes out in a few weeks. *twitches from hexic withdrawl*

[quote name='Apossum']nah, I love it but I couldn't pass up the chance to own it for free by selling it on ebay.
the trick will be in getting one before DoA 4 comes out in a few weeks. *twitches from hexic withdrawl*[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Good luck. I'm sure someone somwhere will return one to a store. You never know.

GL Apossom... really, DOA4 is the only game that at all interests me on the 360... and all the other DOAs were the only draw for me on the original Xbox... odd...

I'll probably pick up a 360 a year or two from now when Team Ninja has more stuff out... especially DOA:XBV2... now that will be a good game... only game I liked too much on the original Xbox (aside from Ninja Gaiden).

I'm sure markman knows this already from reading up on zaibatsu, but it seems likely that the Tekken announced for the PS3 will NOT be Tekken 6 (oddly, I am glad about this), but Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Really this is awsome :) The T5 engine with tagging is a dream come true...

wow.. very nice progress with VF5... I still have yet to be very attracted to this series, but damn, it is a very well made series. The VF.TV is a superb idea, and SEGA could lower the costs of their cabinets or give discounts to arcades if arcades include this since they get to advertise whatever they want to. I like the whole idea of commentary, as I can see fighting games becoming the next big thing in american/japanese sports-like TV. I hope but doubt this will be implimented in the US.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']GL Apossom... really, DOA4 is the only game that at all interests me on the 360... and all the other DOAs were the only draw for me on the original Xbox... odd...

I'll probably pick up a 360 a year or two from now when Team Ninja has more stuff out... especially DOA:XBV2... now that will be a good game... only game I liked too much on the original Xbox (aside from Ninja Gaiden).

I'm sure markman knows this already from reading up on zaibatsu, but it seems likely that the Tekken announced for the PS3 will NOT be Tekken 6 (oddly, I am glad about this), but Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Really this is awsome :) The T5 engine with tagging is a dream come true...

wow.. very nice progress with VF5... I still have yet to be very attracted to this series, but damn, it is a very well made series. The VF.TV is a superb idea, and SEGA could lower the costs of their cabinets or give discounts to arcades if arcades include this since they get to advertise whatever they want to. I like the whole idea of commentary, as I can see fighting games becoming the next big thing in american/japanese sports-like TV. I hope but doubt this will be implimented in the US.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't attracted to the series much until VF4. They finally put some much needed style with all the substance that is there. Part of the reason I never played the Virtua Fighter series much was because the designs were so bland and generic (I did like Pai Chan though). It just never interested me. My first real taste of Virtua Fighter came via Fighters Megamix which I had a lot of fun with.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wasn't attracted to the series much until VF4. They finally put some much needed style with all the substance that is there. Part of the reason I never played the Virtua Fighter series much was because the designs were so bland and generic (I did like Pai Chan though). It just never interested me. My first real taste of Virtua Fighter came via Fighters Megamix which I had a lot of fun with.[/QUOTE]

My Personal Fav was VF2. It may have just been a large square arena with a different background, but I had fun. However, I wasn't really good, and there wasn't a lot of Famitsu-style VF2 charts around when I had my Saturn.

I didn't feel VF3. It felt sluggish and hard to Control.

Anyone play Fighters Megamix? I bought it in Japan for like $5. I liked all the extra characters like the Daytona 500 car, Janet from Virtua Cop and Kid Akira. But the Fighting Viper characters aren't as deep as the VF ones.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Anyone play Fighters Megamix? I bought it in Japan for like $5. I liked all the extra characters like the Daytona 500 car, Janet from Virtua Cop and Kid Akira. But the Fighting Viper characters aren't as deep as the VF ones.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to, but I couldn't afford most of the games that I wanted for the Saturn. Had I been 22 when the Saturn was out, chances are, I would have played all the games I wanted to.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Anyone play Fighters Megamix? I bought it in Japan for like $5. I liked all the extra characters like the Daytona 500 car, Janet from Virtua Cop and Kid Akira. But the Fighting Viper characters aren't as deep as the VF ones.[/QUOTE]

I used to play it a LONG time ago. I probably haven't played it in 8 years. I got my copy used from a Blockbuster for $6.99 (disc only).

I'm looking forward to DoA4 too.. mainly because it's the only fighting game on the 360 :(

Aside from that, a lot of the game has been reworked upon making it more Tekken like... I guess that's good. We'll see how it comes together as a whole.

One of my favorite Saturn games! I imported it back in the day along with Rage Racer for the PS1. I was a happy, happy gamer for weeks after that order showed up at my door. =D

I think its funny that my Saturn collection contains more imports than US games. I imported every 2D fighter and Schmup I could find back in the day.

[quote name='evanft']Is DOA: Ultimate worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I just got it, but mainly for the online play. You can pick it up for $19.99 brand new. From what I've heard most people enjoy Ultimate more than DOA3.

GGX2.

If you have the ability to play imports on your PS2, get GGXX# Reload.

------

I'm super hyped for Dark Resurrection. Is anyone here near the Chicago area? If so, you do know theres an Arcade beta test for it?! I can't wait to try out Armor King for myself. His dark upper into air throws sounds like a lot of fun.

apossum is in Chicago.

as far as VF5 goes, it along with MGS4 are the only two console games I really have a desire to play. I hardly ever play consoles anymore, so I am hoping VF5 comes to both the 360 and PS3 as I only plan on buying one console and Kojima has stated he is not going to port MGS4

[quote name='MarkMan']GGX2.

If you have the ability to play imports on your PS2, get GGXX# Reload.

------

I'm super hyped for Dark Resurrection. Is anyone here near the Chicago area? If so, you do know theres an Arcade beta test for it?! I can't wait to try out Armor King for myself. His dark upper into air throws sounds like a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

My mom lives in Chicago, so I can head up there any time. Where is this beta test?

[quote name='apokalipze2']We need GGXX/ on ps2 asap[/QUOTE]

GGXX = GGX2. It's already on PS2, unless you're refering to GGXX# (sharp).

Of course. The beta testing is for an arcade game, not a free game. Aside from testing characters/moves it's also testing the interest of an arcade gamer.

[quote name='MarkMan']Of course. The beta testing is for an arcade game, not a free game. Aside from testing characters/moves it's also testing the interest of an arcade gamer.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was going to be some sort of event where they're marketing the game to develop interest. Otherwise, I'm not interested in pumping quarters in a game I've never been good at.

to waht GuilewasNK said about VF: I still think it's a bit too bland for me (I don't know why... maybe it needs a more fleshed out story), but it's alot less bland than it use to be. One other problem is that I can't find any character that fits the way I would like to play. Most of the Power/Speed characters feel odd to me, and the speed characters (Jacky/Brad for me) feel more natural, but don't play totally comfortable to me. As a side note, I use to train in a dojo with a group of guys on the art of Muai Tai... it's pretty cool, but I admit I suck at it.

Too many GG with very litttle change.

What's the diffrenance of the PS2 GGX2 and X-Box GGX2 #Reloaded?

Plus does anyone have any recomendations for a good 2D fighter controller for the X-Box? I got the SF Anniversry Controller for it and I dislike the d-pad. Very unresponsive. Maybe I need to break it in more.

i don't think mutch is dif from the PS2 and Xbox GGXX... Xbox just has some characters unlocked before hand as well as online, but I'm probably missing some info.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']I thought it was going to be some sort of event where they're marketing the game to develop interest. Otherwise, I'm not interested in pumping quarters in a game I've never been good at.[/QUOTE]

haha, ggpo arcade scene.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i'm pretty sure Rodimus wouldn't miss out on KoF for the xbox unless he has it for the PS2 already... he needs his billy kane fix.[/QUOTE]

Right you are sir. That's one of the first games I picked up. Anyways I'll be trading my PS2 version of KOF 2K2/2K3 and Guilty Gear X2. Anyone intrested?

Plan on picking up Samurai Showdown V and KOF 94' for X-Box in a couple weeks when they're released. Their was some discussion on whether the orginal Samurai Showdown was gonna be included in V. But it's not and the rumors have been put to rest. Too bad.

EDIT - Thanks capitalist_mao and Markman for the GG info. Guess the only diffrences was Robo Ky, balance adjustments, and online play.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
Plan on picking up Samurai Showdown V and KOF 94' for X-Box in a couple weeks when they're released. Their was some discussion on whether the orginal Samurai Showdown was gonna be included in V. But it's not and the rumors have been put to rest. Too bad.

[/QUOTE]

I wish Samurai Shodown IV was in that package. I loved the Bust/Slash modes.

In regards to X-box pads, I have the SF Anniversary controller and I think it is better than the regular Xbox controller. It did take me a little while to get used to it. The only other one I have tried is a PS2 controller via a converter but then you lose headset capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back