Humble Bundle 2

rumarudrathas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Search didn't find a pre-existing topic on this, so hopefully I'm not re-iterating something that have been said already

The Humble Bundle 2 is now out. For those that doesn't know, the Humble Bundle is a collection of 5 games, brought together for for the holiday season and charity. They are DRM free, all indie, and all purchasable for the low low price of... whatever you feel like paying for it.

Yes, you name your own price, and you get to decide how the total could be split (to your favorite Charity like Child's Play, all to the game developers, or maybe an even split?). Some people have handsomely donated up to $2000, while some could easily donate $2.

Act quickly though, since this deal ends in about 3 days (but if I remember correctly, the first one was so popular that they extended the deadline, but I would still act fast if I were you).

The 5 games in the Bundle are:
Braid
Machinarium
Cortex Command
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

What do you guys think of this concept? I myself bought the first Humble Bundle (tossing a cool $15, even split between all parties), and I honestly only bought it for World of Goo and Aquaria. Once my check clears, I'll definitely pick this up as well.

That seems decent the lowest amount you can possibly pay is $1.00.

[quote name='Megazell']That seems decent the lowest amount you can possibly pay is $1.00.[/QUOTE]

I paid $.01

[quote name='sgand']I paid $.01[/QUOTE]

saddeveloper.jpg

[quote name='strikeratt']This is in the deals forums somewhere :D[/QUOTE]

So didn't see this there, but I think this maybe be more appropriate to double post this here, right?

Donating a penny seems pretty dickish to me, but I guess that's the downfall of doing the "priceline" thing (name your own price motto, for those who aren't exposed to the commercial with Captain Kirk). Funny enough, the site breaks down the donation based on operating system. Can anyone guess which OS has the lowest avg donation (Hint, it aint Linux or Mac).

Being a guy who would love to work for a Non-Profit, I do tend to donate a lot to causes I deeply care about (it may be a measly $5 or even the jaw-dropping $20 for the EFF or NPR), so I'll just say that I'm happy that people would still donate a penny, rather than pirating the bundle itself.

[quote name='rumarudrathas'] Donating a penny seems pretty dickish to me, but I guess that's the downfall of doing the "priceline" thing (name your own price motto, for those who aren't exposed to the commercial with Captain Kirk).[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I paid $10 for the bundle, and after playing a few of the games, felt like I ripped them off. Put all the money towards charity, though.... so... yay? May buy a few for friends to make up the difference, but I don't come to cheapassgamer because I'm swimming in cash.

Also love the indie developer pic. I lol'd and cried at the truth of it.

The bundle is definitely an excellent collection of the classics of the Indie scene.

Anyone else see Osmos and think of the XBL Indie game Solar?

It's now Steam redeemable.
Does any one know if you can redeem multiple copies on steam and re-gift the game individually?

Humble Bundle 1 comes with the following games:

41718013.jpg

One of the game is bugged.

Penumbra: Overture

In this STEAM group is a solution - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796630

Well i got it fig out looks like the file OpenAL32.dll. Was not being copied to the write directory when running that program. Copied it over to c:\windows\system32 folder and the game launched !

THIS one works:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c552a0/

Extract and copy in C:\WINDOWS\system32

Maybe this is a new version of OpenAL.

Bye!

bread's done
Back