Humble Bundle for Android (and Steam, Windows, Mac, Linux) - 2/9 Toki Tori added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
New Humble Bundle. Games are for Android, Windows, OSX, and Linux. Soundtracks are included.

Pay what you want for:

• EDGE
  • Osmos
  • Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  • Toki Tori - added 2/9

Pay more than the average to unlock World of Goo.

Pay at least $1 and get Steam keys.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in for this. Thanks for letting us know. I am on their mailing list but didn't get an email about it yet.

It's worth noting, I think, that Osmos was in HB 2 (and 3, because it came with 2) and they gave an Onlive code with it which can be redeemed and played on Android via the Onlive app.

[quote name='Motoki']Definitely in for this. Thanks for letting us know. I am on their mailing list but didn't get an email about it yet.

It's worth noting, I think, that Osmos was in HB 2 (and 3, because it came with 2) and they gave an Onlive code with it which can be redeemed and played on Android via the Onlive app.[/QUOTE]

I don't generally get the emails until the bundle has been live for a little while.

You're right about Osmos. World of Goo is the same. It was in a previous bundle and I believe it had an OnLive code.

Hmm, I am downloading the Android apps now. I noticed they go outside the market and just have you install the straight apks. I guess if there are updates we don't get them unless the devs supply them to the Humble people.

Even if they do, you'd still have to manually check every so often and remember what version you are currently running. Seems like a headache but I suppose these games have been out long enough that there probably won't be many if any updates.

Ugh, is this the new bundle they were working on? Don't play games on my phone and Anomaly is the only one I'd want for PC -- passing until I see some other stuff added.

[quote name='louiedog']
You're right about Osmos. World of Goo is the same. It was in a previous bundle and I believe it had an OnLive code.[/QUOTE]

The Onlive version of World of Goo oddly never enabled touch controls, just keyboard and mouse. I don't think it would work very well on Android if at all with those controls.

Osmos does have touch controls however and I've played it via Onlive. It does work well.

Anyone know if they're going to add anymore games? Usually someone can figure it out by peaking in the Steam registry but I have no idea how to do that. I already own Osmos, don't know about Anomoly, would like Edge, and I have World of Goo two or three times over now. I'd like to give at least the average if I knew something else was going to be added.

[quote name='kodave']Anyone know if they're going to add anymore games? Usually someone can figure it out by peaking in the Steam registry but I have no idea how to do that. I already own Osmos, don't know about Anomoly, would like Edge, and I have World of Goo two or three times over now. I'd like to give at least the average if I knew something else was going to be added.[/QUOTE]

They always do....so I would imagine they would again

Dang, I wish the steam keys were individual (I totally understand why they're not, and completely support it for the most part) - I already have Anomaly & Osmos, but not Edge, and would almost rather give my copy away to a friend who has none than redeem it for a single game.

Quandries.

Crap, I bought Anomaly: Warzone Earth during the Christmas sale and already own Osmos & World of Goo. I might actually pass on this one.

in before a ton of excited people calling this deal of the year, paying $10 and explaining why or paying $0.01 and explaining why, then never actually playing any of the games

Put in $1.10 for now. Anomaly interested me a bit and the rest I already own. Will increase if they add anything good.

[quote name='Drclaw411']in before a ton of excited people calling this deal of the year, paying $10 and explaining why or paying $0.01 and explaining why, then never actually playing any of the games[/QUOTE]

It's a bundlemon. Gotta collect em all

For anyone wondering about updates:

We are currently beta testing an app which will organize your humble bundle downloads and notify you of updates.

Additionally, EDGE and Osmos will notify you if there is an update upon launch -- working on getting the other two to implement this as well.

Also, all of the games work great on my Kindle Fire. (only problem I had was a parsing error with the tablet *.APK for Osmos which I'm guessing is on their end...mobile *.APK works fine)

[quote name='Drclaw411']in before a ton of excited people calling this deal of the year, paying $10 and explaining why or paying $0.01 and explaining why, then never actually playing any of the games[/QUOTE]

You must be a blast at parties.

[quote name='Motoki']The Onlive version of World of Goo oddly never enabled touch controls, just keyboard and mouse. I don't think it would work very well on Android if at all with those controls.

Osmos does have touch controls however and I've played it via Onlive. It does work well.[/QUOTE]

I actually played a few levels of World of Goo through Onlive on my Android tablet with a little lag being the only problem. The touch controls are not actually added, but it still works and is playable. Finger acts as the mouse I guess.

Purchasing regardless of content or merit. EFF needs my money and, what the hell, World of Goo on my phone. Feels good stiffing the developers, Humble Bundle web site administrators and kids with cancer*. Gotta stop SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/whatever they are calling it these days.

*They did get something, though!

[quote name='MikeIsGood']Edge is currently free on the Android Market. FYI.[/QUOTE]
The free version of EDGE on the Android Market has ads on it, and is the older, "Classic" version of the game.
https://market.android.com/details?id=c2ma.android.edge.installer.Ads

This bundle includes downloads for both "Classic" EDGE and "EDGE Extended," which is an updated version of the game with new levels. EDGE Extended costs $2.99 on Android Market, although there is a free demo you can try:
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.mobigame.edge.extended

Already bought osmos and anomaly on steam, then got osmos from a humble bundle, so 1.25 to try edge, hopefully something interesting pops up for beat the average. Don't own a cellphone.

I was just checking out the game devs to do some speculating on bonuses that might come up.

EDGE is by Two Tribes who also made Toki Tori which is on Steam (PC & Mac) and Android. It's got a sequel coming this spring. It seems like a reasonable candidate for a bonus.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Is the page almost unviewable for anyone else? Like all "grainy" with missing graphics, etc. Tried on both Chrome and IE.

[quote name='louiedog']I was just checking out the game devs to do some speculating on bonuses that might come up.

EDGE is by Two Tribes who also made Toki Tori which is on Steam (PC & Mac) and Android. It's got a sequel coming this spring. It seems like a reasonable candidate for a bonus.

Anyone else have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Nope but thats a really good guess there

[quote name='Lint21']Is the page almost unviewable for anyone else? Like all "grainy" with missing graphics, etc. Tried on both Chrome and IE.[/QUOTE]

It's loading very slowly for me right now in Chrome and some of the images aren't showing. It worked fine in Firefox where I purchased it earlier, but that's likely due to caching. It's probably just getting hit hard right now.

[quote name='RoboPhish']Is there a wait time for the codes before you can activate it on steam? FYI I paid more then $1.00[/QUOTE]

The steam code should be on your bundle download page. Above the direct downloads you should see text that says, "Click here for your Steam key."

I paid $1.50 so I could get a steam code and when I tried activating it, it said invalid code :cry: Emailed them to see whats up. Did anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='louiedog']I was just checking out the game devs to do some speculating on bonuses that might come up.

Anyone else have any ideas?[/QUOTE]
I don't think any of their previous bonus games were from the same developer as a bundled game. That's more of an Indie Royal type of thing.

[quote name='ken9']I paid $1.50 so I could get a steam code and when I tried activating it, it said invalid code :cry: Emailed them to see whats up. Did anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few others posting this same problem on other boards. Looks like it's a glitch that they're experiencing right now. I'm sure they'll get it straitened out in a bit.

[quote name='The End']I've seen a few others posting this same problem on other boards. Looks like it's a glitch that they're experiencing right now. I'm sure they'll get it straitened out in a bit.[/QUOTE]

Gave it a few minutes and just tried it again. it works now! :D

[quote name='toldawg128']I don't think any of their previous bonus games were from the same developer as a bundled game. That's more of an Indie Royal type of thing.[/QUOTE]
The Humble Voxatron bundle is an exception: 3 of the Voxatron developer's games were added as a bonus.

I already owned Anomaly and Osmos on Steam but went ahead and picked this bundle up for my new Samsung Galaxy II S Skyrocket. I haven't tried World of Goo yet but the other three games are terrific in their Android forms.

• Anomaly loses some fidelity but the port is really well thought-out and still looks terrific. Though there's no foot soldier and that really snappy mouse wheel map/game toggle, the touch screen controls actually play a bit better in a way. Tapping gear drops is much faster than running over them with your guide.
  • Osmos was a game I've had on Steam for a while which I really disliked after a few levels. I gave the Android version a shot and now I'm a fan. Speeding up and slowing down time was a snap, and in some ways I liked the touch pushes more than using the mouse.
  • Edge is really cool, and I wish I got it sooner. I dislike games that have strict timing for above A ratings but it doesn't impede your progress as far as I can tell. Here the minimalistic presentation is actually rather elegant in its clarity, and I love the clever, charming level designs. The touch controls don't work too well for me, but I'll keep at it or switch to the PC version.
If anyone is wondering, there are multiple, very easy ways of getting the games on to your Android device. I just checked my email from my phone, clicked the link, then clicked the download links from my mobile enhanced invoice page.

So far this is one of my favorite bundles. The last Humble Bundle with Cave Story+, etc. was outstanding, but this is a great, great sign for indie releases on mobile devices in the future. I don't think we'll see this type of thing happen for iPhones any time soon, but at the very least us Android owners are getting some good game lovin'.

EDIT: Don't forget that you can also download demos for the games to both try them out and to test for compatibility with your Android. You can find the Humble Bundle for Android demos here.

The Frozenbyte bundle didn't have any bonuses.

BTW, I'm I assuming that when you say bonuses, you mean games that were added after a bundle launched. Because the Frozenbyte bundle had a few bonus games when it launched. There just wasn't anything added after the launch.

[quote name='The End']The Frozenbyte bundle didn't have any bonuses.

BTW, I'm I assuming that when you say bonuses, you mean games that were added after a bundle launched. Because the Frozenbyte bundle had a few bonus games when it launched. There just wasn't anything added after the launch.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they add something like source code or soundtracks to it though? While it may not have been a new game I am almost positive they added something.

bread's done
Back