Humble Bundle Thread

There's some special tier with only 1,000 'copies' available -- it'll cost more and presumably have something omg amazing in it (probably not).

Fingers crossed here for Dust, Papers Please, and Spelunky.

I have a feeling I'm gonna wind up already owning a good portion of this bundle...

Edit: If outlast or the new amnesia game were in this, that'd also be awesome. Same w/rogue legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing Don't Starve and Brothers: Tale of Two Sons will be in HBX. They are the "free" games for this month's PSN+ members.

EDIT:Actually Brothers doesn't have a Mac or Linux version so nevermind that one. Don't Starve does seem  very likely though. As do Rogue Legacy, Legend of Dungeon, Monaco, Runner 2, and Dust.

If they're trying to artificially inflate the price early, might be some sweet games in the mix... Or I might just be burned by Humble yet again. Realistically anything that's hit $2-3 in recent sales.

Needless to say this 1,000 limit announcement has spread like wildfire.  I can't imagine I'd be able to get in on it even if I wanted to...

So what time zone are they on so I can try and check to see what the limited option is? Doubt it will be anything huge but I'd still like to check

Spelunky
Gunpoint

Retro City Rampage
Sang-Froid

BTA:
Gone Home
The Swapper

Bonus Games:

Guacamelee!

The Stanley Parable
I hope Gunpoint and Stanley aren't in this one. Great games, but I want the devs to milk them a bit more.

I forgot and then remembered and forgot Retro City Rampage and its likelihood being in a HB. I think that one's made all it's upfront money and bundling is all it has left.

Spoder pointed out to me Retro City Rampage isnt on mac and linux yet...thats not to say they wont do it..

After he mentioned that to me I do remember the dev stating they had no intentions of porting it...not sure where i remember reading that

maybe a AMA on reddit

Spelunky
Gunpoint

Retro City Rampage
Sang-Froid

BTA:
Gone Home
The Swapper

Bonus Games:

Guacamelee!

The Stanley Parable
The only games on that list that have Mac and/or Linux support at the moment are Gone Home (Mac/Linux) and The Stanley Parable (Mac). I probably wouldn't expect any of the others to make an appearance in the bundle unless their devs have been quietly working on adding Mac/Linux support.

I think it's more likely we'll see games like Runner2, Monaco, Surgeon Simulator, Receiver, maybe Nihilumbra and Game Dev Tycoon, perhaps Dust or Papers, Please as well. Runner2 and Monaco seem most likely considering the 80%+ discounts during the Winter Sale, while Dust and Surgeon Simulator have both been out on Steam for a while (~8-9 months).

My short list (and I realize almost all of this has been said.)

Bit Trip Runner 2
Don't Starve
Dust: an Elysian Tail
Giana Sisters
Gunpoint
Legend of Dungeon
Monaco
Receiver
Retro City Rampage
Reus
Rogue Legacy
Sang-Froid
Spelunky
Surgeon Simulator
Terraria (this seriously hasn't been bundled???)
The Swapper
The following, I think, are destined to be in a bundle but probably not this one:
Amnesia: Machine for Pigs
Brothers
Gone Home
Guacamelee
Outlast
Papers, Please
Risk of Rain
The Stanley Parable
Valdis Story

HB founder Wolfire just put Overgrowth out on early access (and it only took them 7 years!), I wonder if that might end up in some shape or form in the bundle.

Humble Indie Bundle X will be...

The Best of the Humble Indie Bundles!

Featuring an All-Star Cast of your Greatest Humble Hits:

1. Aquaria
  2. Braid
  3. VVVVVV
  4. Super Meat Boy
  5. Bastion
  6. Torchlight
  7. Indie Game: The Movie
  8. Hotline Miami
  9. FEZ
Please don't hate me if i'm correct.

Nobody's mentioned it yet, but Torchlight 2 fits the profile. I'm not excited for that one though.
As big as the TL2 userbase is, I would find it hard to believe a linux port would slip by unnoticed. They'd have probably announced something. TL2 is highly unlikely to be in HBX

1. Aquaria
  2. Braid
  3. VVVVVV
  4. Super Meat Boy
  5. Bastion
  6. Torchlight
  8. Hotline Miami
  9. FEZ
I loathe this post, and anyone who liked it.

Edit: Are more people liking that post just to spite me? I'm beginning to think so...

So much teasers from Humble but...

1day.jpg

As big as the TL2 userbase is, I would find it hard to believe a linux port would slip by unnoticed. They'd have probably announced something. TL2 is highly unlikely to be in HBX
Torchlight 1 doesn't list Linux version on Steam though it was included in a mainline HB. HB helped port it I believe. Don't count it out.

Joe Danger was recently updated. The game mentioned Linux in an earlier version on SteamDB... I'm 95% sure that this bundle will include both Joe Danger 1 and 2 now.

I dont see To the Moon being in it......the humble guys are hyping this X bundle. I would think they would pass on Indie Royale leftovers
They're including it just to spite you. ;)

Spelunky
Gunpoint
Retro City Rampage
Sang-Froid

BTA:
Gone Home
The Swapper

Bonus Games:
Guacamelee!
The Stanley Parable
In for a buck.

• Aquaria
  • Braid
  • VVVVVV
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Bastion
  • Torchlight
  • Indie Game: The Movie
  • Hotline Miami
  • FEZ
Own them all. Still in for buck. (why can't I say no?)

Nobody's mentioned it yet, but Torchlight 2 fits the profile. I'm not excited for that one though.
no

Torchlight 1 doesn't list Linux version on Steam though it was included in a mainline HB. HB helped port it I believe. Don't count it out.
This is the basic point I'd raise... not every bundle has had linux versions shipping at launch... some still in progress.

1. Aquaria
  2. Braid
  3. VVVVVV
  4. Super Meat Boy
  5. Bastion
  6. Torchlight
  8. Hotline Miami
  9. FEZ
d06.gif

1. Aquaria
  2. Braid
  3. VVVVVV
  4. Super Meat Boy
  5. Bastion
  6. Torchlight
  8. Hotline Miami
  9. FEZ
No Machinarium?

TL1 is nowhere near as huge the userbase is for TL2. TL2 has multiplayer and a big modding scene.. TL1 probably wasn't that hard to port.

Humble Bundle X is finally here! What is it?

The Humble Bundle Telltale (inspired) bundle!

The X, obviously, stands for ten. As in just ten more months until we might have an update on when we're releasing the next bundle! Stay tuned...

Looks like Eldritch will be making its way to one of future Humble Bundles.

Source

2013 was an amazing year for my career, and the story of Eldritch isn't over yet. The total number of units sold (about 32,000) is still low enough that there seems to be value in my continuing to promote the game and build awareness. Further sales will surely continue to draw more players, and later, I would be interested in including Eldritch in Humble-style game bundles.

You either say you're not interested in bundling your game yet, or say nothing at all.. Telling people it'll be bundled in the future is going to cost him..
He never said he wasn't interested nor did he say it would be bundled. Learn to read.

Pretty much everything in the Humble Store will be in a future Humble Bundle.  As far as money… the guy realizes no one is buying his game outside of steep sales.  Word of mouth has spread that it's fairly shallow and easy with little replay value.  Not a great mix for a rogue like.

bread's done
Back