Humble Bundle Thread

So much talk over $12, like it's breaking the bank. Let me ask, how many people have games from the last 1, 2, 3 ... Steam sales that have barely been played?

Let ye who hath a clean backlog cast the first stone!
tumblr_m4tsramCAy1qzyang.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So much talk over $12, like it's breaking the bank. Let me ask, how many people have games from the last 1, 2, 3 ... Steam sales that have barely been played?

Not many - since Steam sales hitting at least 75% off on stuff I really want ain't that often anymore. I get a better chance of that "at least 75% off to backlog material" by often looking elsewhere.

Usually, when I load-up on lots of games - it's from cheap HB's, Groupees, IndieGala, and other places.

Where have you been for the past couple of days? This was a major topic of conversation in every PC gaming thread on this site.
Sick as hell with an ear infection that left me unable to close my jaw or eat solid food for most of the week... sorry if i wasn't keeping up on some threads here.

What if they include an exclusive HotS skin?!?

All speculation at this time. Could be individual keys, could be one key. If it's the latter, we'll probably get a hint from the madjokestys who scour the steamdbs. Wouldn't surprise me if they did that to discourage traders/resellers, but it definitely would dissuade a significant portion of potential buyers.

And yes, some of us will bite on it. I'm a bit leery at the moment, but the mystery box allure is pretty hard for me to ignore.
meeehhh maybe i'll just throw down for the first month to test it out. Odds are if theyre going to do anything good it will be in the first few months to get people to join

Maybe there'll one day be some regular HB or weekly HB (likely in a BTA or Higher Tiers) that will have a coupon for 66% off a future HB Monthly.

From the cesspool known as Reddit:

So I asked, how many games will be in each bundle and if the games that were never bundled include BS, IG and others, and a friendly HB ninja responded:
Hi there,
Thank you for your excitement regarding the Humble Monthly subscription!
The games included in the Humble Monthly subscription are meant to be a secret! You’ll never know what you’re going to get until after the games are released! What I can say is that each month, subscribers will get around 5 games that are a mix of hit new releases and classic games. This will include games that haven't been featured in our bundles — and let's face it, ours are humbler, and bundlier than those other services. :D
I hope that clears things up for you! Thanks again for reaching out to us, and for supporting our unique network of developers, gamers, and charities!

From the cesspool known as Reddit:

So I asked, how many games will be in each bundle and if the games that were never bundled include BS, IG and others, and a friendly HB ninja responded:
...and let's face it, ours are humbler, and bundlier than those other services. :D
I know that's their name and all because they made it in another era when it was one indie dude that contacted a few other indie dudes to do some charity special thing, but they really have the nerve now to call their corporation Humbler than other bundle sites, even in jest? :roll:

fuck it, I'll probably do it.

All that money I've saved by not buying poopees and galas has to go somewhere, right? Might as well go towards the Humble slots.

I think I'm gonna go in for the first month, so long as a pre-paid credit card works since I have one from a rebate deal ready to go. $12 for 6 games including Legend of Grimrock 2 might be a good deal. I gotta admit, LoG2 looks pretty sweet to start with.

Hopefully it'll be 
smileys-gambling-377633.gif
 and not 
suicide.gif

Re: The separate key/one key for the whole bundle debate. I'm thinking it'll HAVE to be separate keys or people will noticed the bundle on SteamDB before it's launch won't they?

I think I'm gonna go in for the first month, so long as a pre-paid credit card works since I have one from a rebate deal ready to go. $12 for 6 games including Legend of Grimrock 2 might be a good deal. I gotta admit, LoG2 looks pretty sweet to start with.

Hopefully it'll be
smileys-gambling-377633.gif

and not
suicide.gif
Have you played & completed LoG1?

Well I guess I won't be doubling down on the Humble Moranthly Bundle. It doesn't seem to like the pre-paid card I have and there's no way in hell I'm giving them a real credit card number.

"We spent a lot of time with developers and publishers to walk through the value of having a large group of people dive into your game every month at the same time. It really allows for some unique marketing opportunities, much like a book club, where you know you have a set number of people being introduced to your community at the same time."​

Can't wait to play the indie version of To Kill a Mockingbird. Take down racist mobs before the trial even starts!

"We spent a lot of time with developers and publishers to walk through the value of having a large group of people dive into your game every month at the same time. It really allows for some unique marketing opportunities, much like a book club, where you know you have a set number of people being introduced to your community at the same time."​
Bundle #1: Legend of Grimrock 2 + 5 copies of Insurgency

New Humble Mobile Bundle - Eye Candy:

• Deep Under the Sky
  • Botanicula
  • Haunt the House: Terrortown
Beat the Average for the Above and:

• Jelly Defense
  • Dark Echo
  • Fearless Fantasy

Haunt the House has a Steam icon, does it give you a Steam key?
Really doubtful. It has been in a Humble before as a Steam game, so probably is an error. I think all of these games are on Steam actually, if not all, most of them at least. It does blatantly say this bundle is "Android exclusive".

Not a bad mobile bundle for those that don't have the games. Better than the last mobile bundle. I have 4 out of six though.

i have a clean backlog. It's the act of getting these blind turds at $12 = making my backlog dirty again.

And here I am, thinking that Poopees was bad with the cheap pre-order tactics with random clues.

Someone needs to do a cross reference list of everything that's been in past Humble Bundles versus everything they sell via Humble store.

bread's done
Back