Humble Bundle Thread

Really don't want much but the Darkness Within games have been on my wishlist for a while...I'm likely buying around the 2.90 mark or something like that.

Really don't want much but the Darkness Within games have been on my wishlist for a while...I'm likely buying around the 2.90 mark or something like that.
Same, I've been waiting for those Darkness Within games, despite the obvious fact that I will never ever play them.

I may be kind of weird but I have a strange fondness for adventure games though I never play them anymore. I used to play them all the time as kid and even completed many somewhat hard ones like Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis and King's Quest V without guides....man those obtuse adventure game puzzles (like flushing stuff down the toilet in DotT). I am strangely attracted to the adventure genre and really should play more.

I may be kind of weird but I have a strange fondness for adventure games though I never play them anymore. I used to play them all the time as kid and even completed many somewhat hard ones like Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis and King's Quest V without guides....man those obtuse adventure game puzzles (like flushing stuff down the toilet in DotT). I am strangely attracted to the adventure genre and really should play more.
I'm sort of the same, though got into the genre late (basically well after it died). Hate the obtuse puzzles though, but take them over Cage's and Telltale's love of qtes.

Anyways, tend to sit and look at the adventure games I have on Steam and think I should play them, before deciding to play some glorified excel spreadsheet or going trucking/space trucking =/.

I'm a sucker for rogue like games....might be a masochistic for losing or something haha. I always liked those since I was a kid though I feel the new ADOM with the graphics feels a lot more clunky than the ASCII version IMHO. The only bad thing is you rarely ever finish Rogue like/lite games ever so my games finished is tiny....

Also price is rising for now up to $3.95 though may go down again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the 10% off monthly discount stacks with this.. too bad I own everything worth buying, except for Iron Front
The three Secret Files games and Lost Horizon are tempting at that top discount. Is Risen 3 worth it? Or Killer is Dead? Or the Metro games?

The three Secret Files games and Lost Horizon are tempting at that top discount. Is Risen 3 worth it? Or Killer is Dead? Or the Metro games?
If you don't have Risen 3 by now you should wait and get Risen 3 Complete. But srsly if you've waited this long to get all of that shit you might as well wait for them to be in a proper bundle so you can brag about how you didn't own any of them and irritate everyone else dat bought them ages ago!

The dlc is pretty meh and nothing to write home about but OTOH I wouldn't exactly go out of my way to buy the game itself in either form outside of a bundle if you waited this long.

Deep Silver cheaped out as usual and didn't even bother with bundling stuff with DLC for the most part. Feh.

I really want those Metro games but I don't want the rest of the stuff...

How do you not have all that shit?

Gilby you've been busy Gilbying.
No bundles (except for Secret Files 1) and no really cheap deals?

If you don't have Risen 3 by now you should wait and get Risen 3 Complete. But srsly if you've waited this long to get all of that shit you might as well wait for them to be in a proper bundle so you can brag about how you didn't own any of them and irritate everyone else dat bought them ages ago!
That's a good point. It'd be better to get the Secret Files games for $1.05 in an Indie Gala HH bundle.

Deep Silver cheaped out as usual and didn't even bother with bundling stuff with DLC for the most part. Feh.

Id be interested in Iron Front if you are doing a bundle split.

EDIT - Just saw the Spoder is interested in this too, he posted about it first so if he passes it up I'd be interested.

Id be interested in Iron Front if you are doing a bundle split.

EDIT - Just saw the Spoder is interested in this too, he posted about it first so if he passes it up I'd be interested.
Nah it's ok, I'm not $2 interested. That's more of a 50 cent game to me

Nah it's ok, I'm not $2 interested. That's more of a 50 cent game to me
He ain't got time fo dat...

82030521_10.jpg

Is Risen 3 worth it? Or Killer is Dead? Or the Metro games?
Metro games are excellent atmospheric FPS's.

Killer Is Dead was pretty good.

Risen 3's is nothing great, TBH. My biggest issues with it is it rehashes a lot of content + areas from Risen 2 & remixed them (moved NPC's around; different quests here; new changes + things added in old familiar areas; etc etc). Feels more like Risen 2.5, TBH.

EDIT:

Risen 3 does look really nice on Ultra, provided you can actually run it on Ultra & have the hardware to handle it. But, yeah - feels more like big DLC or stand-alone expansion than an actual full-fledged numbered sequel. Doesn't really deserve the number 3, IMHO.

Meh @ lack of DLC's and/or ALL DLC packs for these games - i.e. SR3; SR4; Sacred 3; Sacred Citadel; Risen 3.

Meh @ Sacred 2: Gold being only DRM-FREE. While it's great to have DRM-FREE and all (and I already have it DRM-FREE from Gamersgate), they should also be giving out Steam keys for that on Humble in this deal. Most people probably want this on Steam, if they ain't got it already from previous Deep Silver bundles that actually had Steam-keys for this game.

I have Metro LL Redux, but I am missing Metro 2033 Redux.

Metro LL (original version) was great. I really should check-out my copy of LL Redux, so I can check them DLC's out.

Man, I can't believe I'm missing quite a few of these Deep Silver games: Sacred 3, Risen 3, Secret Files 3, Iron Front 3, Metro Last Light Redux 3, Metro 2033 Redux, Lost Horizon, and Secret Files 2. 

Here's to hoping the next Deep Silver Humble Bundle is just around the corner.

Man, I can't believe I'm missing quite a few of these Deep Silver games: Sacred 3, Risen 3, Secret Files 3, Iron Front 3, Metro Last Light Redux 3, Metro 2033 Redux, Lost Horizon, and Secret Files 2.

Here's to hoping the next Deep Silver Humble Bundle is just around the corner.
Yeah, I'm missing a bunch of Deep Silver games too in this BAB:

Sacred 3; Sacred Citadel; Secret Files 2+3; Iron Front; Metro 2033 Redux & Lost Horizon.

I don't think this BAB's worth it, unless you're actually buying both Metro games (for $3 each - what a steal) + can find 3 other games you don't already own (yeah, good luck w/ that one).

Like yourself, here's to hoping Deep Silver Regular Humble Bundle is soon and has killer tiers.

Penned in at $5.89 once I saw it go up to $5.92. At least we got sub-$6!

TBH I may not BTA - the top tier games are of interest, but Trine 3 got mixed reviews and will probably be in a weekly $1 tier before summer. Not sure about Door Kickers. I guess it depends on the week two additions, but those are usually repeats from previous bundles.
$5.83

Patience is a virtue :D/

Silly question: what's the point of having a Steam version of Tiny Troopers if the game is already Free for Win8/Win10? I'm sure there is a good reason other than duping people who don't know better.

*raises the price of his Humble Bundle to BTA2 Level

*sets Humble's tip to 0

Feels good.

Though Else Heart.Break() and Trine 3's soundtracks are MP3 only? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

"
If you cancel now, you will no longer save 10% on every Humble Store purchase.
Cancelling your subscription will also cause you to miss out on the April 2016 Monthly."

I guess I was too late to cancel for next's humble monthly? I forgot to cancel till now.

Silly question: what's the point of having a Steam version of Tiny Troopers if the game is already Free for Win8/Win10? I'm sure there is a good reason other than duping people who don't know better.
Serious answer: The free version isn't the Steam version.

Source: someone who was duped because he didn't know better.

Disclaimer: I would have wanted the Steam version anyway, because +1. If you don't understand this mentality, you're better off staying blissfully ignorant. This is a website filled with dumbasses who buy the same games multiple times. Source: I have purchased Mass Effect 2 at least eight times, but it's not like i'm keeping track or anything.............

"
If you cancel now, you will no longer save 10% on every Humble Store purchase.
Cancelling your subscription will also cause you to miss out on the April 2016 Monthly."

I guess I was too late to cancel for next's humble monthly? I forgot to cancel till now.
You have to cancel 7 days prior to the first Friday in a month. Assuming you didn't buy-in early to get ARK, you should have been charged a few days ago for the March monthly.

Disclaimer: I would have wanted the Steam version anyway, because +1. If you don't understand this mentality, you're better off staying blissfully ignorant. This is a website filled with dumbasses who buy the same games multiple times. Source: I have purchased Mass Effect 2 at least eight times, but it's not like i'm keeping track or anything.............
photo-thumb-360334.jpg

You have to cancel 7 days prior to the first Friday in a month. Assuming you didn't buy-in early to get ARK, you should have been charged a few days ago for the March monthly.
Thanks I'll know for next time then, I had bought it for ARK at the beginning of the month.

I hope these two month of bundles is good

B/c PC gamers love Steam + want everything that they can get that's been put on Steam.

Even if they own it already elsewhere.

Thanks I'll know for next time then, I had bought it for ARK at the beginning of the month.

I hope these two month of bundles is good
To clarify, ARK is part of the March monthly bundle which will be delivered on Friday, March 4th. You haven't paid for the April bundle yet, billing for that will be incurred around March 25th (unless you buy-in early once again), so you may safely cancel your subscription prior to then.

That sounded more logical in my head than it does after I typed it out...I'd highly recommend just forgetting about the whole thing and using it as a generic excuse when you get charged next month. Er, later this month. No, wait, it's still February. Oh fuck it.

all of you guys can seriously tell the differences b/w MP3 and FLAC? how many mechanical keyboards must I forgo in order to "get gud" like ya'all?
I could. I always try to get the best quality available since I own a soundcard. Having good speakers/headphones helps in noticing differences. Don't forget there are Hi-res version out there, which is at least 24bit depth and 48kHz+. Having more range makes it that instrumentals doesn't sound as compressed. It still comes down to how music are produced and then mastered. Most of the time you don't always need studio-like audio to enjoy, but just something nice to have.

To clarify, ARK is part of the March monthly bundle which will be delivered on Friday, March 4th. You haven't paid for the April bundle yet, billing for that will be incurred around March 25th (unless you buy-in early once again), so you may safely cancel your subscription prior to then.

That sounded more logical in my head than it does after I typed it out...I'd highly recommend just forgetting about the whole thing and using it as a generic excuse when you get charged next month. Er, later this month. No, wait, it's still February. Oh fuck it.
Alright that made more sense, just cancelled just now. Thanks.

Just how they worded it on the FAQ threw me off big time.

bread's done
Back