Humble Bundle Thread

Wonder how they determined that anyway. Pretty much straight up called you a dirt bag that steals people's identities.
Oh, I know and accusations like that really piss me off. The only way they could make any sort determination is based on the account(s) that activated the gift links in question. They must have a black list of known "grey" parties and implicitly make the connection that I'm in league with them. Of course, there's no one way for someone to see who has activated a gift link you've generated, so you're at the total mercy of a buyer who's lying to you or Humble support. Either way you're fuck ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Crayon Physics. There's a blast from the past. That must have been one of the first games ever bundled.

Maybe next week they'll add World of Goo.
Actually, I could use another World of Goo key.

But I think they have re-bundled it recently.

The classics return bundle and this Bob Ross bundle are setting a new trend of the top tier being $15 vs $12.  I think humble is trying to test the top tier limit recently.  The software bundle from last week was more understandable with the tier system in that bundle.

I think most of us had fond memories of Bob Ross.  RIP

I thought every Joy of Painting was on Youtube for free? Also isn't there a Bob Ross Channel on Twitch that shows every episode 24/7?
Yes to both, it's public programming. There's over 400 episodes, but you get to pay Humble to download a few of them for some reason.

I bet only Apple users buy this.

I don't think the Humble thread should be closed.

Since the Steam thread has been taken over by Apple vs Android debates, we need this thread to talk about pizza and hardware upgrades.

I don't think the Humble thread should be closed.

Since the Steam thread has been taken over by Apple vs Android debates, we need this thread to talk about pizza and hardware upgrades.
I'm having dinner at a Mario Batali pizza restaurant tonight. I'll report back if it's halfway decent.

Turbo Pug DX is currently free to own on Steam.
http://store.steampo...0/Turbo_Pug_DX/
Not Humble related, but considering that the game bundles have been few, I thought I should repost here since it's a freebie.

Mmm, 50% off Nier in the Humble Store. Cheapest price it's ever been with the monthly discount. Might have to jump on that. 

On the other hand all the other stuff in the Square sale have been in monthlies or weeklies ...

Newer S-E stuff is not bundling as often anymore.. I've been waiting forever for Final Fantasy games or I Am Setsuna or Hitman the new one. Just get it once the discount is good enough for you.

Newer S-E stuff is not bundling as often anymore.. I've been waiting forever for Final Fantasy games or I Am Setsuna or Hitman the new one. Just get it once the discount is good enough for you.
The Japanese stuff doesn't get bundled. Hitman would've been bundled eventually but they lost the IP. It's now self published by the Dev

The last remnant was bundled...
Okay, let's put it this way. The Japanese stuff that hasn't been nigh universally panned by critics and doesn't sell like dogshit, in general, doesn't get bundled.

In other news, I just realized Humble doesn't have a single self-described game bundle running right now. Three books bundles, one software, and one pretty little trees. At least Poopees has the excuse of originally being a music bundler.

Apparently Humble has been sending out surveys today (Link 1, Link 2) to some Monthly subscribers. According to people who have received the e-mail, the gist of it seems to be that they're considering a tiered system for Monthlies:

$10 tier - Fewer games than currently, no Trove access or Store discount.

$15-20 tier - Ability to choose from a larger list of games, includes Trove and Store discount.

-------------------------

I'd like to meet them somewhere in the middle. Perhaps a bundle that costs $12 a month, with a selection of games somewhere in between those two proposed tiers, and it includes Trove and Store discount. Sounds crazy, but it could work.

Unless they're going to reveal the games in advance I would absolutely hate a tiered mystery bundle. I'm sure most people don't really care about the Trove or even the store discount.

They never asked for an actual comment though.  So they still don't give a shit.  I was fully prepared to explain why Humble Monthly is only so-so and has issues keeping people month to month.  Instead they just want to know how much monies I'll give them for whatever the deal is.

So begins the phasing out of traditional Humble Bundles in favor of all bundles being based on pre-orders.

I'll subscribe to the $1 tier plan.

I would consider a $20 monthly if I knew what was in it. The idea of a $10 bundle that is less than we currently get games wise sounds awful. Really wouldn't mind losing trove and store discount if that gave me a cheaper price though.

Apparently Humble has been sending out surveys today (Link 1, Link 2) to some Monthly subscribers. According to people who have received the e-mail, the gist of it seems to be that they're considering a tiered system for Monthlies:
Thanks for the reminder I got the email but they don't want you to take it on a mobile platform so I quickly forgot about it... Truth be told both of those options are fucking crap. I don't give a shit about trove access but the store discount is wonderful.

Fixed

Thanks for the reminder I got the email but they don't want you to take it on a mobile platform so I quickly forgot about it... Truth be told both of those options are fucking crap. I don't give a shit about trove access but the store discount is better than nothing.
My will gave out and I snagged Nier. Only played about an hour, so far, and it's definitely a game that I played for an hour... Wait a minute. No, yeah. That's accurate.

Fixed

My will gave out and I snagged Nier. Only played about an hour, so far, and it's definitely a game that I played for an hour... Wait a minute. No, yeah. That's accurate.
Nier is tempting with my Humble discount and credit....but I'm a CAG and it's still too damn high....I'm looking at one of the "stingely" discounted FF games....maybe...meh...

Re: Humble Monthly survey....if they do change something, let's say in the next few months, I wonder what (if anything) they would do for people on an annual sub? Asking for a dimwitted friend who subscribed to the Monthly...

Yea but a LOT of the questions were about getting a handful of games and picking the ones you wanted OR about value of trading games in.  Who the hell trades digital games in?  That means some form of BS locking will be in effect.

I moraned the annual sub  for the monthly.  I have not received the survey, but it seems like I pick things like building steam credit or humble credit only for it to not be worth it.  I have be able to buy steam credit here and there from people willing to sell at a discount.  However, it still costs real money.  The problem that I mainly have had with steam is that they and the devs/publishers have lost the will to put things on sale like in the past.  Yes, I realize that the market has changed  and moved on.  It  is still a pain in the neck when other sites beat steam pricing during a steam sale.  

So, I moved to building credit with humble.  At least when buying from the humble store, there is a slight discount (with exceptions) when you are a subscriber.  If I remember correctly, by buying the top tier on some game bundles, you can build credit.  During steam sales and also during humble sales, the store price with discount can beat steam prices.

This issue of modifying the monthly will not please everyone.  The main jest is people want a heck-of-a-deal.  I posted already that I think humble/IGN has been testing the upper ceiling of what we will pay for a weekly i.e. $10 going to $12 going to $15.  Now it appears that they want to raise the price of the monthly and change terms.  The terms should benefit the buyer ie keep the store discount.  Are they really losing money over the discount?  Trove - honestly I have not tried it out as I have bulk of the games already and I do not need to download DRM free games that I already have through steam.  However, some people that don't have something like Torchlight 2 might like Trove.  My general opinion on Trove is that you can generally find a demo for a game to try on steam ie Torchlight 2 demo to test drive a game per se.

The monthly has been hit-or-miss with the headliner and/or the unlocks, with generally people liking the headliner or the unlocks more than the other for any given monthly.  Choosing titles and/or having tiers?  So, if the monthly is revealed and then they are 2 options to upgrade/buy ie $5 more gets you abc game(s) and $10 more gets you abc plus xyz game(s)?  That will inflame some people.  Also, once a game gets listed for bundling, we generally feel it will be bundled again.  So is the better plan for something that is in the top tier to wait for the second time the game is bundled?  We have seen this happen with monthly games being in a weekly later on.

Picking the games you want?  First, some of us (hand held up high) are hoarders and have the gotta collection them all mentality.  Selecting the games that I would want out of a bundle might work but it goes against the pre ordering a  mystery bundle.  So, if I select only half the games, is my account credited with half the bundle price (humble credit not credited to my credit card of course)?  I think (like IkedaTeramusa) that this is signaling a lock down - trying to cut out gifting (they already do not condone selling) items you do not want or already have.

This and the recent announced change to paypal is just a headache.  Sorry, I do not trust IGN to have the consumer as the priority.

Yea but a LOT of the questions were about getting a handful of games and picking the ones you wanted OR about value of trading games in. Who the hell trades digital games in? That means some form of BS locking will be in effect.
I think this means you could exchange unredeemed keys for humble store credit. Which I would be fine with. If a bundle/monthly has 2 or 3 games I want and the rest is whatever, or I already have it, I'd rather get ANYTHING instead of nothing.

Fixed

That is fixed. I do use, or did till I canceled out and lost my humble store credit discount nearly a month early, (My next bill date is the 30th of March) but I think Pengy99 is right. A cheaper bundle with no trove or discount would be the better option but I don't see it being likely.

Anyhow, I have used the Humble Store discount more than a few times. It does make some sales historic lows and I can also get a good deal on a fakey without it showing up on the Wall of CAG Shame (Activity Feed).

I support the tiered mystery bundle plan since it doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever and watching people complain about such matters is always entertaining.

I moraned the annual sub for the monthly. I have not received the survey, but it seems like I pick things like building steam credit or humble credit only for it to not be worth it. I have be able to buy steam credit here and there from people willing to sell at a discount. However, it still costs real money. The problem that I mainly have had with steam is that they and the devs/publishers have lost the will to put things on sale like in the past. Yes, I realize that the market has changed and moved on. It is still a pain in the neck when other sites beat steam pricing during a steam sale.
So, I moved to building credit with humble. At least when buying from the humble store, there is a slight discount (with exceptions) when you are a subscriber. If I remember correctly, by buying the top tier on some game bundles, you can build credit. During steam sales and also during humble sales, the store price with discount can beat steam prices.
This issue of modifying the monthly will not please everyone. The main jest is people want a heck-of-a-deal. I posted already that I think humble/IGN has been testing the upper ceiling of what we will pay for a weekly i.e. $10 going to $12 going to $15. Now it appears that they want to raise the price of the monthly and change terms. The terms should benefit the buyer ie keep the store discount. Are they really losing money over the discount? Trove - honestly I have not tried it out as I have bulk of the games already and I do not need to download DRM free games that I already have through steam. However, some people that don't have something like Torchlight 2 might like Trove. My general opinion on Trove is that you can generally find a demo for a game to try on steam ie Torchlight 2 demo to test drive a game per se.
The monthly has been hit-or-miss with the headliner and/or the unlocks, with generally people liking the headliner or the unlocks more than the other for any given monthly. Choosing titles and/or having tiers? So, if the monthly is revealed and then they are 2 options to upgrade/buy ie $5 more gets you abc game(s) and $10 more gets you abc plus xyz game(s)? That will inflame some people. Also, once a game gets listed for bundling, we generally feel it will be bundled again. So is the better plan for something that is in the top tier to wait for the second time the game is bundled? We have seen this happen with monthly games being in a weekly later on.
Picking the games you want? First, some of us (hand held up high) are hoarders and have the gotta collection them all mentality. Selecting the games that I would want out of a bundle might work but it goes against the pre ordering a mystery bundle. So, if I select only half the games, is my account credited with half the bundle price (humble credit not credited to my credit card of course)? I think (like IkedaTeramusa) that this is signaling a lock down - trying to cut out gifting (they already do not condone selling) items you do not want or already have.
This and the recent announced change to paypal is just a headache. Sorry, I do not trust IGN to have the consumer as the priority.
Thanks MysterD. What's the announced change to PayPal?

Thanks MysterD. What's the announced change to PayPal?
credit to Voken, see steam deal thread. effective April 19, 2018

• We’re removing the variable rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the United States when you send money using PayPal balance or your bank account and introducing a new flat fee of $2.99 or $4.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country. However, when you send money using your credit card, debit card, or PayPal credit you will be charged the new flat fee per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 2.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed fee based on the currency.
buying IG bundles or trading just got a lot harder for instance

I think this means you could exchange unredeemed keys for humble store credit. Which I would be fine with. If a bundle/monthly has 2 or 3 games I want and the rest is whatever, or I already have it, I'd rather get ANYTHING instead of nothing.
Except according to the same survey they're limiting how long said credits STAY in your wallet (which is bullcrap).

I remember seeing something about 30 days and 1 year... but they also had one saying you lost credit when you stopped subbing. Honestly, I wasn't paying too close of attention because I THOUGHT there'd be a place to comment.

Just completed the survey. Wished they would have had another 50 permutations of Humble Monthly possibilities in addition to the 100 they asked me about. For any questions that allowed me to comment, I filled in "Tebow's Mom". GET IT? FILLED IN... TEBOW'S MOM???

Can't wait to see the new Humble Monthly (1 game for $20/month).

A $15 top tier and it doesn't even come with Humble credit? 

It's also not showing up on the main Humble landing for some reason.

Humble Jumbo Bundle 11

$1+:

Domina

Kingdom: New Lands

Rusty Lake: Roots

BTA:

Tropico 5

Tropico 5 - Espionage

Tropico 5 - Waterborne

Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You

N++

Bonus Games

20% Off Orwell: Ignorance is Strength

$15:

Obduction

Obduction is tempting but the rest of the bundle is weak.

Why does Hamble insist on ruining so many bundles with Tropico games?

baH4Sms7yGaf_4PSmCsCtOngqi8=.gif

BTA is dumb. I'm sure that the unlocks (if there are any) will be more Tropico 5 DLCs. Why put previously-bundled Orwell in BTA tier instead of NOT-previously-bundled Orwell?!

bread's done
Back