Forged Battalion

Pathologic Classic HD

Woten (Humble Original)

There's some games I'd play there!

September Headliners:
Sniper Elite 4

Tales of Berseria

Staxel

Been waiting on Tales, so I'll buy this one.  Staxel looks interesting, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
"wanted Stardew Valley/My Time at Portia to look like a garbage Minecraft clone? Heeeeeeere's Staxel!"

(SE4 is great though and Berseria is probably good from what I understand)

Slightly disappointed with RTS unlocks (though Sudden Strike 4 looks aight). Next month's unlocks look aight. Haven't played a Sniper Elite game before.

mehh...unlocks/early reveals are okay.

I'll keep The Surge, although I'm pretty sure it's horrible. Kona looks decent. Already own Pathologic HD, although even if I didn't there's a complete remake in development iirc.

Early reveals are decent but not really my thing. I'll keep Sniper Elite 4, but although Tales of Berseria has a good reputation from what I know it doesn't look like it's for me. Disappointing overall but not atrocious. 

I like that they're giving us the option of choosing a previous early unlock (Rise of the Tomb Raider) if we aren't interested in the other three. Not that I'd ever want another copy of RotTR, but more choice is good.

I like that they're giving us the option of choosing a previous early unlock (Rise of the Tomb Raider) if we aren't interested in the other three. Not that I'd ever want another copy of RotTR, but more choice is good.
Yeah, it's not going to be a choice I likely ever take seeing as how every time there's been an early reveal I've wanted, I've bought it, but it is a cool thing to do overall.

Pretty satisfied with these unlocks. Sudden strike 4 was wishlisted and surge and kona both look fun.

The sniper elite games are pretty fun coop and I don't have 4 yet so that's good, even better if I can cut the cost by getting rid of the weaboo and Minecraft stuff.

Surge is a decent unlock, but I got it free from PSN. Rest of unlocks look pretty bad to me.

Probably won't play any of the early unlocks for next month, so I guess I'll pause unless I can sell them off for a decent price again.

I've been wanting The Surge and Pathologic. Those in combination with A Hat in Time easily made this monthly worth it, and Conan Exiles has pretty good resale value. Had some interest in Kona a while ago, but that dropped off once I realized the dev had no idea which direction they were taking it. Was originally meant to be an episodic series, and then they decided to split it up into multiple short games, but not episodes. I have no idea wtf they're doing with it now but it's too confusing to follow anymore.

Pretty satisfied with these unlocks. Sudden strike 4 was wishlisted and surge and kona both look fun.

The sniper elite games are pretty fun coop and I don't have 4 yet so that's good, even better if I can cut the cost by getting rid of the weaboo and Minecraft stuff.
I'm always cool with weaboo stuff being in the monthlies because even though I typically don't want it, you always seem to be able to get a pretty good return for it in the cesspool

Seems like a good monthly to me. Hat in time, escapists 2, conan, surge, sudden strike, forged battalion (and kona if thats your thing). Even already owning forged its damn good

you guys just like being 

source.gif

I've been wanting The Surge and Pathologic. Those in combination with A Hat in Time easily made this monthly worth it, and Conan Exiles has pretty good resale value.
Yeah, this is overall a really good monthly imo. Several of the games didn't personally appeal to me, but I think i got like 9.50 back in the cesspool for Conan + The Escapists alone. Once I sell off the games I don't want I'll probably wind up having gotten paid a dollar to keep Hat in Time, Kona, and The Surge.

Might be old news, but I went to the Trove and saw they have Soma and Sexy Brutale in there now. Always kinda wanted Soma, but not enough to ever pull the trigger on it.

edit: Looks like Sexy Brutale was added 7/6 and I guess Soma just got added since a google/reddit search didn't turn up anything.

Had some interest in Kona a while ago, but that dropped off once I realized the dev had no idea which direction they were taking it. Was originally meant to be an episodic series, and then they decided to split it up into multiple short games, but not episodes. I have no idea wtf they're doing with it now but it's too confusing to follow anymore.
I just checked on the game forums, looks like they plan on having a patch drop around halloween to expand the story, but it seems as if the game just ends without any ending to the story... I was interested in it at one point too but I have enough unfinished/buggy horror games I'll never play for now.

Might be old news, but I went to the Trove and saw they have Soma and Sexy Brutale in there now. Always kinda wanted Soma, but not enough to ever pull the trigger on it.
I wasn't a big fan of Soma, it actually was really disappointing imo as I was really looking forward to it. It got good reviews though and seems fairly well regarded so maybe ignore my feedback. Sexy Brutale is fantastic though.

Already have the surge. It's a great game on its own. Nice bundle so far, I wanted Conan and a Hat in time, sudden strike is my kind of game so it's a plus.
Next bundle is OK again. Was going to buy Berseria alone at that price some time ago, so...

Ugh, thinking about it more, I kinda want to try Berseria and SE4. The Tales games and Sniper games never looked that appealing to me, but I could see myself liking both if I gave them a chance. Just too many other games to play though.

Reveals were pretty decent. 

New early unlocks look surprisingly good. SE4 is, imo, a pretty damn good game and probably won't get rebundled. Lots of DLC but none of it is needed. I have the season pass and didn't play any of the DLC. Once I got through the campaign it seemed complete enough for me to quit. One of these days I will go back and kill Hitler but meh. Probably still gonna stick with this month because I want Tales of Berseria. Staxel looks interesting in a "this is interesting but I will never play" kinda way.

Well, I think this is the first one I've skipped and regretted. Could've knocked 3 or 4 off my wishlist had I not backed out at the last minute.

I think I'm in for the next one, SE4 and Tales are pretty solid lead games.

Now, of course, the reveals will suck. What a devilish scheme they've got going here....

Well, I think this is the first one I've skipped and regretted. Could've knocked 3 or 4 off my wishlist had I not backed out at the last minute.

I think I'm in for the next one, SE4 and Tales are pretty solid lead games.

Now, of course, the reveals will suck. What a devilish scheme they've got going here....
Which games did you want?

I wasn't a big fan of Soma, it actually was really disappointing imo as I was really looking forward to it. It got good reviews though and seems fairly well regarded so maybe ignore my feedback. Sexy Brutale is fantastic though.
Thought the narrative was really good. Puzzles mediocre. One of the best walking sims I've ever played.

Thought the narrative was really good. Puzzles mediocre. One of the best walking sims I've ever played.
It's not a bad game but I think if you're excited to play the follow up to Amnesia and are expecting something similar you could be disappointed. Same type of gameplay but not nearly as tense or scary imo

Now that you mention it, from what I remember it really was closer to a walking simulator than anything else Frictional has made.

September Headliners are quite strong, and great to see Tales of Berseria in a bundle, given it has not dropped this low before. Good surprise unlocks for August too, although Pathologic HD was 90 percent off on Steam a couple of weeks ago. With Surge being in it, it seems like Focus Home Interactive have been very involved in the Humble Monthly Bundles lately. Shiness, another game they published, was in the July one. Styx Shards of Darkness was in the June one. This makes it quite likely another title they published will be in the September one.

September Headliners are quite strong, and great to see Tales of Berseria in a bundle, given it has not dropped this low before. Good surprise unlocks for August too, although Pathologic HD was 90 percent off on Steam a couple of weeks ago. With Surge being in it, it seems like Focus Home Interactive have been very involved in the Humble Monthly Bundles lately. Shiness, another game they published, was in the July one. Styx Shards of Darkness was in the June one. This makes it quite likely another title they published will be in the September one.
I wonder how long before Vampyr and the upcoming Call of Cthulhu get bundled.

I haven't bought a Monthly in ages and have yet to really regret it.  The only unlock I might have been half interested in was The Surge and I already own it.  The only thing from next month I'd have any interest in is SE4 and I own it.  I guess I could just stop buying stuff I'm interested in and wait a year for them to be bundled but SE4 I played a long while ago so it's not as though it's been backlogged all this time.

Uh...

S7eovIo.png

Looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider is also in the September bundle.

Uh...

S7eovIo.png

The way it's written on the humble monthly page makes it seem like it's an either or proposition...take the early unlocks as is or take rise of the tomb raider.

Guess we'll see in a month.

I haven't bought a Monthly in ages and have yet to really regret it. The only unlock I might have been half interested in was The Surge and I already own it. The only thing from next month I'd have any interest in is SE4 and I own it. I guess I could just stop buying stuff I'm interested in and wait a year for them to be bundled but SE4 I played a long while ago so it's not as though it's been backlogged all this time.
If I hadn't bought the June bundle I would've regretted it. Didn't want Destiny 2 but sold it for 7.50, have already played Yooka Laylee which I enjoyed, and the first Styx game was really good so wanted the 2nd. Last month sucked. This month I would've regretted not buying as well, wanted Hat in Time, and although none of the reveals thrilled me I'll take Kona and The Surge.

The key to Humble Monthlys is to be fine with going through the effort to sell off titles you don't want, I probably spend like 2 dollars a month or so on average after selling off the excess titles. This month I'll probably wind up making money even though I'm keeping Hat in Time/Surge/Kona.

Uh...

S7eovIo.png

The way it's written on the humble monthly page makes it seem like it's an either or proposition...take the early unlocks as is or take rise of the tomb raider.

Guess we'll see in a month.

In regards to selling, depends on the region, as fees in some regions makes it very difficult to sell stuff via Paypal on the cesspool. Rise of the Tomb Raider is not the anniversary edition, which really makes the former option of the three games better than the latter. For those who are able to sell, survival games like Conan really punch above their weight in terms of resale value, while games like Deus Ex Mankind Divided, in part because of being quite cheap on Steam anyways, have dipped considerably in value. Some non early unlocks are worth quite a bit too, based on my experiences on Barter.

Was thinking of trading the copy of Tales I traded for, but not owning any of the prior titles of the series and the fact it had been on my wishlist before has lead me to redeeming it. Barter weirdness was a factor too.

I haven't bought a Monthly in ages and have yet to really regret it. The only unlock I might have been half interested in was The Surge and I already own it. The only thing from next month I'd have any interest in is SE4 and I own it. I guess I could just stop buying stuff I'm interested in and wait a year for them to be bundled but SE4 I played a long while ago so it's not as though it's been backlogged all this time.
I, too, have "syntax errored" a few AAA games.. yet ragret nuthing

The key to Humble Monthlys is to be fine with going through the effort to sell off titles you don't want, I probably spend like 2 dollars a month or so on average after selling off the excess titles
Yeah, I just have no interest in doing that. I don't blame anyone else for it or think it's dumb, I just don't want to go through the bother especially when the unlocks make me yawn. I'd rather just keep my $12 and spend it on a game I'm actually enthusiastic about owning rather than saying "After selling these games for $8, I only paid $4 for these other games that are... fine, I guess". It doesn't help that I'm not really into platformers (2D or 3D) so the stuff people have been jazzed up about the last couple months doesn't ping with me at all.

Yeah, I just have no interest in doing that. I don't blame anyone else for it or think it's dumb, I just don't want to go through the bother especially when the unlocks make me yawn. I'd rather just keep my $12 and spend it on a game I'm actually enthusiastic about owning rather than saying "After selling these games for $8, I only paid $4 for these other games that are... fine, I guess". It doesn't help that I'm not really into platformers (2D or 3D) so the stuff people have been jazzed up about the last couple months doesn't ping with me at all.
You could always buy this one and choose Rise of the Tomb Raider instead of 3 other games that are of much more value. That'll show 'em.

Yeah, i get it. For me every month I get usually at least one game I'm at least fairly excited about and then 1-3 other titles that I'm either excited about or think are worth a try, which adds up to a steal for 2-4 bucks a month for me.

But yeah if you'd rather not deal with reselling stuff then it's rarely worth buying a monthly imo.

I was about to buy it on a Steam Sale and at this price it's a no brainer since its never been this cheap plus you get other games

Humble Comics Bundle: Valiant Universe

Pretty good!  There's going to be a lot of story overlap in the $15 tier with older Valiant bundles, but the $1 and $8 tiers are almost entirely new to bundling, I think? 

Three #1 only issues in the $1 tier, two volume 1 only books, but some stand alone graphic novels there, too.  Pretty easy tier to suggest, at the very least.  $8 tier is okay (I'll probably get it).  $15 tier is worth it for Divinity alone IMHO, but if you got older Valiant bundles, 4001 AD is the only other thing that I don't recall appearing before in some form.

man I just completely lost track of Valiant when they started doing the constant crossovers and events

Archer and Armstrong was great, though, so was Quantum and Woody

Why do they think we want so many books all the time? Whatever happened to games?

Stop whining... Books are games with 100% less of that crap that makes games, games AMIRITE?!?!?
That's a really good point. With books, I get to use my imagination rather being forced to deal with pesky middling "gameplay" that makes these worlds so tiresome.

And too many developers don't include fun activities in their gameplay loops that I of course would. For instance, when watching so many people gather 'round the campfire in those Red Dead Redemption 2 scenes, that's a perfect spot for them to play Duck Duck Goose. But you bet your bottom dollar Rockstar doesn't have the imagination to pull that great mini-game off. But while reading a book, my brain absolutely interjects that necessary levity into those moments to provide extra group-bonding context.

bread's done
Back