Humble Bundle Thread

When I selected Pause a Month, then Pause My Subscription on the next screen the message pops up. I did it twice and the message popped up both times.
Kudos to you, but I just went through the whole pause process (all 17 pages of it) without getting that offer. Looks like I waited too long.

I guess I'll just have to find another way to pick up a bunch of games that I'll never play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt regional pricing will work in anyone's advantage. They already have me going through "manual verification" for any bundle I pay $1 for. Every bundle I've purchased since December has been "flagged" and I've had to enter a code from my phone, before the purchase is manually reviewed by their worker hogs.

If anything, I believe they will implement further precautions to prevent people from "abusing" their system. Such as adding new regional verifications, or not giving us Steam codes for our bundles so people in other countries can't sell them for profit.

I'll be more than ready to snag any Switch games if I'm wrong, but I don't think Humble will make this mistake.

The post talking about Humble running out of keys made me think I should go check my unredeemed keys and I have 17 pages going back to 2016.  Uh, I guess since I am too lazy to sell anything I need to mass reveal them and give them away at some point.  Remind me in a year or so.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One.

D4: Standard Edition [Steam] = $3.75 without HC membership / $3 for current HC members.

D4: Humble Deluxe Edition [Steam key] = $4.99 without HC membership / $3.99 for current HC members:

Humble Deluxe Edition includes:

• DRM-free version of D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die - Season One (base-game)
  • Steam version of D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die - Season One (base-game)
  • Postcards
  • Humble Edition Soundtrack
  • Wallpapers

You guys are just too lazy. It just takes a some consolebro level shenanigans to come out on top. Here's my story:

1. Threaten to pause for $2 discount.
2. Pay $10 for bundle.
3. Trade Frostpunk, Pathfinder, and Cryofall for 7 TF2 keys.
4. Sell 7 TF2 keys for $15 Steam Wallet
5. Buy American Truck Simulator Washington and Oregon bundle.
6. Profit
7. Still claimed 7 games from Humble choice including Okami, Project Warlord, and Warstone TD (my main wants).
That's the best u got?

Here it is in 1 step:

1. Stop buying Humble Bundles

giphy.gif

Kudos to you, but I just went through the whole pause process (all 17 pages of it) without getting that offer. Looks like I waited too long.

I guess I'll just have to find another way to pick up a bunch of games that I'll never play.
I also paused and got nothing for my trouble.

You guys are just too lazy. It just takes a some consolebro level shenanigans to come out on top. Here's my story:

1. Threaten to pause for $2 discount.

2. Pay $10 for bundle.

3. Trade Frostpunk, Pathfinder, and Cryofall for 7 TF2 keys.

4. Sell 7 TF2 keys for $15 Steam Wallet

5. Buy American Truck Simulator Washington and Oregon bundle.

6. Profit

7. Still claimed 7 games from Humble choice including Okami, Project Warlord, and Warstone TD (my main wants).
photo-thumb-49842.jpg

Same, paused and no discount. You can unpause and still get it for another two weeks or so.

I got offered a $2 discount but unlike the other times I've gotten it, instead of applying to this bundle, it was a $2 discount off "future subscriptions" to Choice. I doubt I'll ever benefit from it.

Skipping again. Already have Frostpunk and Book of Demons. Rest is meh. They need a $5 tier to allow you to pick some of the dregs/lesser titles.
Yeah no doubt. I was looking for two to skip and quickly realized I'd like to skip a lot more

Just tried Frostpunk on Gamepass and it just stressed me the **** out. Look if I need that kind of stress I'll just spend time with my kid. Glad I skipped this bundle.

I will say the 20% Discount is really nice since it works on some preorders. Paid $24 for that Megaman Zero/ZX Collection which I was buying either way but $6 off basically paid for half of this month's bundle for me. Even though not thrilled by it, but eh might find a gem or two in there.

It's bricking faster than my beautiful wall!

EDIT: Wait no! It's unbricking, like strong winds also unbricking my beautiful wall! SAD!

Terraforming Mars I may BTA for. I'm not sure how actives online on Goblin's Inc. is, but the game is a decent though not amazing game. I played it for about 3 or 4 days addictively on release and haven't touched it much since. It's decent and fun though games do start feeling very samey after a while. Forgot to say Slay the Spire is amazing if you missed it in the Humble monthly. One of my most played games on Steam and now for the Switch (though I'm not going to play again till the 4th character is added there).

Some decent games in there. Terraforming Mars and For The King look good. If you don't already have Slay the Spire and like card games its absolutely worth $10.

Decent enough BTA for me.

Edit: Just checked, first BTA tier I've bought since October 2017.

Humble sent me an offer for a month of Humble Choice for $9 but the only game that half-interests me is Pathfinder Kingmaker.  I own Frostpunk from the Amazon "glitch" and don't recognize most of the other titles.

I guess the secret is to not buy a Humble Monthly for a couple years and eventually they'll send you a $10.99 off coupon.  #Lifehacks

Humble sent me an offer for a month of Humble Choice for $9 but the only game that half-interests me is Pathfinder Kingmaker. I own Frostpunk from the Amazon "glitch" and don't recognize most of the other titles.

I guess the secret is to not buy a Humble Monthly for a couple years and eventually they'll send you a $10.99 off coupon. #Lifehacks
I didn’t buy a Humble Monthly for the entire duration of the program until the last one before Humble Choice, and I only got a lousy $3 off coupon.

Humble sent me an offer for a month of Humble Choice for $9 but the only game that half-interests me is Pathfinder Kingmaker. I own Frostpunk from the Amazon "glitch" and don't recognize most of the other titles.

I guess the secret is to not buy a Humble Monthly for a couple years and eventually they'll send you a $10.99 off coupon. #Lifehacks
I'm sorry...."amazon glitch"? Do tell...

Wasn't truly a glitch, some unauthorized third party was selling bootleg copies of Frostpunk and Surviving Mars for a couple bucks each. Amazon shut then down later and the publisher gave the affected customers legitimate keys for the games. Net result was still $2 copies of the games.

So Amazon gave auto refunds and, if you contacted the publisher directly, they were willing to give out legit keys. Here is the text of what they sent to me back then:
Piotr Modzelewski (11 bit studios)

Jul 26, 13:04 CEST

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sending us a proof of purchase. We are sorry to hear that you were involved in the whole situation, but at the same time we are also glad that you've found our game interesting and that you wanted to support us by buying it. We wanted to thank you by giving you a copy of Frostpunk on Steam - please redeem the code you can find below and enjoy the game. :)

(CODE REDACTED)

It would be awesome if you were kind enough to tweet about the resolution (others may not be aware that they have purchased an illegitimate copy of the game) of the whole case. And - just to  be safe in the future - please try to avoid suspiciously attractive offers and buy games on Steam, GOG.com or Humble Store as they are verified retailers.

Sorry once more for the whole situation, thanks for the understanding and enjoy your week!

So in the end, it was better than a $2 copy; it was zero dollars.

Thankfully, Josh being a constant disappointment before just disappearing one night takes most of the sting out of that. 

Anyone know if these Zenva courses from the Learn to Code Bundle are worthy?
My take is that there are better resources out there for people new to programming.

The $1 contents have "bite-sized" courses. They are probably just the basics, and I'm not sure who needs basic HTML and CSS design courses in 2020. Wordpress-style sites have enough of a tutorial to make you proficient, and to be honest those languages are very easy to learn. Most pages aren't even strictly HTML anymore, either. Python would be good, but like the description says, there are many flavors of Python and I highly doubt the "bite-sized" introduces them all. Both Unity and Android Studio have free tutorials, Unity even includes them in their launcher. BUT $1 is very cheap, so there's hardly any investment for you or for them.

I wouldn't just get the BTA. Not enough pertinent content. If you do want a higher tier, splurge the extra $8 for the highest one.

The $25 tier seems okay, it at least includes stack building courses. Python courses are the standout to me, as someone who got into the field through data science. There's always openings for data science, and Python can serve as entry points into development, analysis, or AI programming. Highly emergent technology. The novelty programming courses might be useful to people who want to release games built in those respective styles, but keep in mind that more than half of all successful applications involve ingenuity. It's not enough to replicate another game, unless you make a conscious effort to learn the CONCEPTS and apply them elsewhere. It's like how Rocksmith will teach you chord memorization, but not music theory.

I use Pluralsight for most of my learning. Anyone can create a MOOC and sell it these days, but I find that Pluralsight has high quality curated content. You can find 1/3/6 month trial links online, and I think they have a student program. It only costs $35 per month for unlimited training, anyway. Udemy is also good, but it's at the other end of the spectrum; everyone publishes on it for passive income, making it competitive and resulting in some really good content.

So yeah, the $25 tier includes a wide range of basic concepts for interested programmers. Can't speak to the quality of Zenva's products.

I use Pluralsight for most of my learning. Anyone can create a MOOC and sell it these days, but I find that Pluralsight has high quality curated content. You can find 1/3/6 month trial links online, and I think they have a student program. It only costs $35 per month for unlimited training, anyway. Udemy is also good, but it's at the other end of the spectrum; everyone publishes on it for passive income, making it competitive and resulting in some really good content.

So yeah, the $25 tier includes a wide range of basic concepts for interested programmers. Can't speak to the quality of Zenva's products.
A +1 for pluralsight, thats the site all of our corporate sponsored training runs through and usually has legit and verified teachers who are experts (though that being said the longest course I took for my higher level security training was utterly useless bullshit, do not take the 6hr long pen testing course, the rest were good though).

I havent looked at zenva's stuff but Id assume you're probably right in what you said. There are also probably enough free resources out there that Im not sure how useful places like this are anyway, the best training for programming in general is just thinking up some small project you want to do and hop in, unless you are really really starting from the ground floor with no concepts what so ever, in which case maybe they would be useful but I dont know how well these places teach the actual basic concepts

Then again maybe Im way off and no one learns the basics anymore and its all frameworks and videos all the way down and Im just out of touch, but that can also greatly limit you in the future

A +1 for pluralsight, thats the site all of our corporate sponsored training runs through and usually has legit and verified teachers who are experts (though that being said the longest course I took for my higher level security training was utterly useless bullshit, do not take the 6hr long pen testing course, the rest were good though).

I havent looked at zenva's stuff but Id assume you're probably right in what you said. There are also probably enough free resources out there that Im not sure how useful places like this are anyway, the best training for programming in general is just thinking up some small project you want to do and hop in, unless you are really really starting from the ground floor with no concepts what so ever, in which case maybe they would be useful but I dont know how well these places teach the actual basic concepts

Then again maybe Im way off and no one learns the basics anymore and its all frameworks and videos all the way down and Im just out of touch, but that can also greatly limit you in the future
Yeah, my new one does too. My buddies who worked for EA used it for coding and graphic design, and I used it for data science and cybersecurity, so it covers pretty much every IT profession. Some of the bigger companies I've worked at have licenses for Skillsoft, and that is a great resource, but one that's only accessible with a pricey corporate license. It includes thousands of books and audiobooks, the only caveat being that the book presentation format largely discourages downloading for later use.

Yeah, my new one does too. My buddies who worked for EA used it for coding and graphic design, and I used it for data science and cybersecurity, so it covers pretty much every IT profession. Some of the bigger companies I've worked at have licenses for Skillsoft, and that is a great resource, but one that's only accessible with a pricey corporate license. It includes thousands of books and audiobooks, the only caveat being that the book presentation format largely discourages downloading for later use.
yea my previous job had skillsoft licenses, I do remember there being like a 5 book download limit. Though one book everyone had downloaded was interviews for programmers, since we were all leaving that place and luckily they had a good selection of those

Trying to pick humble bundle options before the new games drop ... there was so much Indie crap last month ... if this month is the same, I may have to cancel. 6 games I had zero interest in 😑

Not a big fan of these unlocks.  Some more gamepass stuff, a bunch of meh turn based stuff and planet coaster which looks great but I doubt I would put much time into it.  This will likely end up being the first humble choice I completely pass on.  I think Pedro is the only game I would end up playing and want to add to my library.

I'll probably get this because I've eyed Planet Coaster plenty of times in the past but I'm pretty underwhelmed by everything else in there.

EDIT: Actually, once I gave it a closer look, there's a few games in there I'd probably play.  I'm going to say I'm whelmed.  It doesn't blow me away but I'll find some value in it.

Hmm, already have Planet Coaster and Game Pass does make this a harder sell for the rest. Torn ... seems better than last month but still not hitting the value we saw in some of last year’s bundles.

I'd say it's an alright bundle. I hate having to decide skips. For me it's likely Battle Chasers Nightwar (started playing on PS4 and this is about as ho hum an RPG as you can get) and F1 2019. Nightwar has a great art style, but the gameplay was a bit slow and the story/characters kind of boring. Was playing it from an old THQ PS4 bundle. Not highly recommended. Alright bundle and hope a few of these are pretty fun.

not a bad bundle but the headliners (not too into racing games and i know i'll never play a coaster management simulator, my friend pedro is on gamepass but i'll take it anyway) aren't appealing. some of the other games appeal to me a bit though (fell seal, battle chasers, death's gambit, niffleheim) as ones to take a shot on. 

Fell Seal is the highlight for me too, since I have Battle Chasers and My Friend Pedro on console already. I was going to wait to get it on console also, since TRPGs are better on mobile devices, imo.

Not much that completely knocks my socks off, but almost the entire bundle was stuff I'm vaguely interested in and I think it's the first one of these Choice bundles where I didn't own any of it. Actually have to decide which 2 games to leave behind, leaning toward dropping F1 and Etherborn although it still stings a little. I'm not really a fan of racing games in general but Codemasters does good stuff, and Etherborn looks like prime "Arty puzzle game from a bundle I play for a few hours and have a good time and feel satisfied" territory.

Have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with Humble Choice, haven't had a stinker yet. Don't doubt they'll turn it around eventually but it's been feeling stronger than Monthly.

bread's done
Back