Humble Bundle Thread

I'm totally in just to get a cosmetic item that serves no purpose.

Right.

This bundle is -not- going to sell as much as others. $25 to get all the games? Oy.

This thread is proof that we're more about the chase than the actual games.  Hours of discussion about a speculative bundle/charity fund raiser.  People buying a bundle before it's live.  Madness.  

'dose games... for 'dat price... ugh.
It's not a bad deal if you happen to want all the games. It's probably a little less than if you were to buy all the games individually at their lowest prices

But I dont want all the games, and this sucks for a humble sale

It's not a bad deal if you happen to want all the games.
Also helps if you were dropped on your head or have never experienced a decent game sale before.

If you just immigrated here from some third world country where they have no computers and their primary agricultural product is paint chips, this bundle is probably awesome.

Also helps if you were dropped on your head or have never experienced a decent game sale before.

If you just immigrated here from some third world country where they have no computers and their primary agricultural product is paint chips, this bundle is probably awesome.
lol. well i mean, everything bundled at it's lowest price on steam, minus wizard wars, would be like 23 bucks. w/wizard wars it'd be about 35

if this wasn't on humble nobody would say anything about it

i mean, nobody would buy it either. it just wouldn't look as hilariously bad as it does royt now

It's not a bad deal if you happen to want all the games.
It actually sort of is... I haven't been following the price of Total War but the other games would be maybe... $10 tops all together? It's my understanding that Wizard Wars is going to be a F2P moba.

Well, okay, just looked, Total War probably brings it up to $20ish... still... meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really a "deal". It's a charity bundle. I don't know if this is any indication that we'll see a Sega humble bundle/weekly, but it seems that Sega agreed to do this for charity, and nothing else. Maybe we'll see a Sega charity bundle, similar to the EA one a while back.

QjO0ynE.jpg

Wow, a minimum of 25 bucks on the 100% charity bundle, and on the weekend of Black Friday. Not a very smart move at all. The people that set this up clearly don't understand the whole concept of Humble Bundle and how they have been able to get 5 Million+ in sales on multiple occasions. Had they made this a 10 dollar entry instead of 25, they would have wound up with 2-5+ times the money they will ultimately get now. Shame, considering its 100% for charity. What makes it even worse is it coincides with Steams big Autumn sale. Clearly nobody was thinking very hard when they set this whole thing up. Unbelievable, lol. 

Wow, a minimum of 25 bucks on the 100% charity bundle, and on the weekend of Black Friday. Not a very smart move at all. The people that set this up clearly don't understand the whole concept of Humble Bundle and how they have been able to get 5 Million+ in sales on multiple occasions. Had they made this a 10 dollar entry instead of 25, they would have wound up with 2-5+ times the money they will ultimately get now. Shame, considering its 100% for charity. What makes it even worse is it coincides with Steams big Autumn sale. Clearly nobody was thinking very hard when they set this whole thing up. Unbelievable, lol.
While I agree with you, I don't think it's meant to be a Humble Bundle, or deal of any kind. Humble decided to host it for them for free. It's not even listed on the main page.

I'd just like to point out that with Steam's regional pricing, if you came from a third world country $25 for all those games would likely be highway robbery.

The yogscast december charity drive last year raised over 300K.

They're already at 100K on the first day. Plus, this isn't being marketed on any of the regular Humble pages. The only reason we know about it is via word of mouth.

Calm the fuck down.

edit: they're playing that cricket game right now. good for a few laughs

While I agree with you, I don't think it's meant to be a Humble Bundle, or deal of any kind. Humble decided to host it for them for free. It's not even listed on the main page.
Regardless, its through Humble Bundle's site and the end result is the same. Whoever set this whole thing up clearly wasn't thinking at all. They screwed the pooch BIG time with this one.

They're already at 100K on the first day. Plus, this isn't being marketed on any of the regular Humble pages. The only reason we know about it is via word of mouth.

Calm the fuck down.

Yup, last year they raised £211235.86 (~ $346k) according to http://www.justgiving.com/user/30088514. The Yogscast are very popular in Europe and throughout the Minecraft community, so with 30 days left and free games (while supplies last) they could probably easily break the million mark. As spoderman said, it's not a real HB (as it's not advertised on their home page).

Calm the fuck down.

I don't care how much they made. I guarantee it would be 5+ times that amount, possibly a LOT more, if they lowered the fee and held it on a different weekend. Sure, they will still make money, they just wont make anywhere near as much money as they could if they actually thought this out a bit more and that's a shame as its the charities that wind up losing.

As for telling me to calm down, lol. I have never been calmer. Why you would think I was upset, simply because I expressed my opinion on how stupid it was to hold this event on the busiest shopping weekend of the year, is really beyond me. If anything, these kinds of "calm down" statements, that people like yourself throw out like candy at a parade....well, they ultimately say FAR more about you then they ever will about the people such comments are aimed at.

By the way, 100k in one day only proves exactly what I have been saying. Most humble bundles reach 100k in the first 5 minutes.

fyi, my humble wb bundle keys were stolen from my account/redeemed fraudulently. make sure you link your steam account to your humble account, or redeem your keys asap after any purchase.

Palinn said:
We could talk about burgers, bacon and moonshine.

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
Sunasun FTFY
Count Burgula approves and endorses the preceding posts.
Speaking of charities, Sunasun's Home for Inebriated Tramps (S.H.I.T.) will hopefully be the recipient of the next Humble Bundle.

Heck yea! You yahoos redeeming the badge are making mine worth more. (It's giftable from Humble.)

I agree with the level headed folks here. Humble is being generous by hosting and handling money, publishers are being generous for the games, and everyone donating last year didn't get *anything* so the games are a nice thank you. Humble didn't screw the pooch, them doing this makes them better than ever! Maybe some of you watched the Tested podcast marathon a few weeks ago and the Giant Bomb 48 hour stream after that. People gave thousands of dollars because they wanted to give to charity, straight up.

Heck yea! You yahoos redeeming the badge are making mine worth more. (It's giftable from Humble.)

I agree with the level headed folks here. Humble is being generous by hosting and handling money, publishers are being generous for the games, and everyone donating last year didn't get *anything* so the games are a nice thank you. Humble didn't screw the pooch, them doing this makes them better than ever! Maybe some of you watched the Tested podcast marathon a few weeks ago and the Giant Bomb 48 hour stream after that. People gave thousands of dollars because they wanted to give to charity, straight up.
shutup

i deserve more games i will never play

bread's done
Back