Humble Bundle Thread

It's pretty surprising that they it isn't Humble Indie Bundle 10. Anyone care to comment on the games?

Wait, am I right in assuming these don't come with Steam keys?

Last edited by a moderator:
The games… well… they're bundle fodder.  I can tell you there's no way in hell I'm paying $4 for Hero Academy and Anomaly 2.

It's pretty surprising that they it isn't Humble Indie Bundle 10. Anyone care to comment on the games?

Wait, am I right in assuming these don't come with Steam keys?
it comes with steam keys

well, it redeems on steam. they don't do bare keys anymore. modest bundle

No Steam keys, no buy.
  • 51e9586c7b5962012795d055776380d08ce6d926.png
    Unlock on Steam
    Pay $1 or more and you’ll get a Steam key in addition to DRM-free direct downloads.

So many good indie games out there now that haven't been touched in a bundle. It's a shame we get the same regurgitated games in the majority of the bundles. 

I swear I don't even know if I'd throw down a dollar.  No interest in Gemini Rue or AAAAaaaaaaAAAAA.  Already got Little Inferno.  $1 for a lumberjack flash game?

Also, Humble Store Winter Sale

[gs]0ApuPW_S5osdXdF81UEUzRUlUX2I4d25IVkJ5UTQxRmc[/gs]
That's a nice price for EUIV; the rest looks meh.

I swear I don't even know if I'd throw down a dollar. No interest in Gemini Rue or AAAAaaaaaaAAAAA. Already got Little Inferno. $1 for a lumberjack flash game?
I ponied up for $1, but I'm hoping there are good bonuses next week that justify BTA. My buck was mainly for the Lumber game too.

And that lumberjack game is made by the Snuggle Truck people… oh man.  It's probably a ruse -- and there's awesome games waiting to be unlocked… then again, they'd have to be for android so… probably not.

Nod, my reaction is really, *this* is what Humble's rolling for the Xmas-time bundle?!? I expected at least one game to be excited about.
Why would they want to compete with the Steam Winter sale, never mind all the other sales going on? They can wait until Jan after all the sales have run dry and we're all looking for any deal to come up.

In addition, porting games to other plaforms takes considerable effort & time in most cases. It's not easy to just pop out "real" cross-platform Humble Bundles with heavy indie titles.

Was thinking the same thing, then I remembered, Paradox, and came to my senses.

I'm not even tempted to throw in a buck at this bundle.
I'm pretty sure you can lock in a BTA-price for just a penny... (I feel bad about pennying them, so I dime them -- which Amazon's okay with, so they mustn't be losing on a dime.)

I'm just wondering why the BTA drop is slowing around 3.65-3.64.

Why would they want to compete with the Steam Winter sale, never mind all the other sales going on? They can wait until Jan after all the sales have run dry and we're all looking for any deal to come up.

In addition, porting games to other plaforms takes considerable effort & time in most cases. It's not easy to just pop out "real" cross-platform Humble Bundles with heavy indie titles.
Because historically the December HIB has been pretty cool.

The fix is in… artificial inflation.  Hero Academy is $5 on Steam and usually dips to 75% off during major sales.  Never mind the fact that it's extremely awkward to play on PC because you basically have to keep it running and/or you check every other day to see if your opponent made a move.

The fix is in… artificial inflation. Hero Academy is $5 on Steam and usually dips to 75% off during major sales. Never mind the fact that it's extremely awkward to play on PC because you basically have to keep it running and/or you check every other day to see if your opponent made a move.
I played it on PC with my girlfriend WHO LOVES THE GAME, before either of us finally invested in smart phones (which we now just play on the go)

If you have people you are playing with regularly it is a blast, though I can imagine playing with random people and checking back and forth for games would be annoying.

That's a nice price for EUIV; the rest looks meh.

I ponied up for $1, but I'm hoping there are good bonuses next week that justify BTA. My buck was mainly for the Lumber game too.
Yeah, same, though somehow I didn't have aaaaawesome yet, too. That, and I'm thinking Gemini Rue on Android might be a good diversion over the holidays.

AaaaaaAaAaaaaaaaa looks kinda fun, but that's all that looks interesting. Is it $1 of fun?
Definitely a lot of fun. But frustrating as hell at times.

It also has the standard Dejobaan humor, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm only missing Hero Academy 2 and Anomaly 2... and the only reason I'm considering Hero Academy 2 is the stupid looking TF2 hats that come with the DLC.

Edit: Hero Academy 2 is multiplayer only? Agh... pass.

Edit 2: I was mistaken, this does include all the DLC. Still...

AaaaaaAaAaaaaaaaa looks kinda fun, but that's all that looks interesting. Is it $1 of fun?
It's hard to answer that for someone else but, for me, no. You basically just fall and try to get close to the edges of buildings. I'll give it credit for being novel, but it isn't the kind of thing that kept my interest long.

I guess if you have VR equipment or something, then there's that appeal.

I'm only missing Hero Academy 2 and Anomaly 2... and the only reason I'm considering Hero Academy 2 is the stupid looking TF2 hats that come with the DLC. Oh wait, this doesn't include any of the DLC.
The Hero Academy description says it comes with all the DLC. And the Gold Pack normally goes for $16.99 on Steam.

Redeeming the Hero Academy Gold Pack via Steam will unlock all content across all platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux (via Steam or standalone), Android and even iOS! And all platforms can play multiplayer against each other!
EDIT: Ninja'd!

Well shit, I forgot to buy the Jumbo bundle. I didn't realize it'd already been two weeks. Though I have the majority of the content, so... no gigantic loss.

I'll probably forget to buy this one too. WB bundle aside, they haven't really done much to amaze lately. And let's not talk about Indie Royale's spiral...

The fix is in… artificial inflation. Hero Academy is $5 on Steam and usually dips to 75% off during major sales. Never mind the fact that it's extremely awkward to play on PC because you basically have to keep it running and/or you check every other day to see if your opponent made a move.
Steam now has turn notifications, so you don't have to check if your opponent has moved. You might be able to set it to email you too.

bread's done
Back