Humble Bundle Thread

I'm in the middle of some air travel and playing around in the op from my phone is no fun. I'll update things tonight. I tried before my first flight but the crappy airport wifi kept timing out.

The dev also raised the list price of Titan Attacks from $5 to $10 on Steam to go with the 80% discount.  So now it's $2 on sale versus the buck and change it used to be… lol.

I just got Grimrock for $3.50. I have the next three days off work, so I'm hoping I like this game. 

Grew up w/ Chrono Trigger. Never played these types of dungeon crawlers, but thought I'd give it a shot. Big fan of Dragon Age: Origins. 

So, are any of these games... you know... good?
The first three are very stylish, retro-inspired, arcade-type games, and they're very good for what they are, though relatively simple. The PuppyGames site actually has fully functional demos that you can try out if you want. I bought the first three games as part of a $5 bundle from the dev about three years ago before they were on Steam, and pre-ordered Revenge of the Titans (which is a quite a bit more complex TD-style game). I recall there was a bit of disappointment from those who pre-ordered when RotT was released in a Humble Bundle, essentially for a penny,

I actually worked with the dev (improbably named Caspian Prince - yes, that's his real name, I asked him) for a couple of days to help him package & script his games for Linux. He's a pretty cool guy though a bit excitable, and a "real indie" developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Squirrel has been embracing the dark side of late.
evil_squirrel.jpg

So, are any of these games... you know... good?
I like them a lot. I have them on Steam already but threw in a buck for the DRM-free copies. They're retro-arcade games with a lot of personality. Titan Attacks is the best Space Invaders-inspired game out there. They're retro-style, but the gameplay is very smooth and modern. They predate the glut of retro-pixel-art-too-indie-4-U games.

If you're the least bit into arcade-style games, it's definitely worth <$4 for the pack.

Guacamelee is on sale today for $3.75.... hell yeahs!!   :D/  :bouncy:

On second thought, maybe Steam will have it for same or lower price during Winter sale. 

Dammit.

I keep expecting both Dust and Guacamelee to show up in a Humble Bundle.

And now both have been on sale for super cheap.

Still not buying it. Must resist...

Dammit.

I keep expecting both Dust and Guacamelee to show up in a Humble Bundle.

And now both have been on sale for super cheap.

Still not buying it. Must resist...
It will be cheaper if you buy them now than in a bundle. Trust me, but you can do the math yourself to confirm.

It will be cheaper if you buy them now than in a bundle. Trust me, but you can do the math yourself to confirm.
It all depends - if you don't buy anything now and the BTA is a couple of games like Dust and Guacamelee for $4 - $5, you'll still be ahead than buying them individually.

It all depends - if you don't buy anything now and the BTA is a couple of games like Dust and Guacamelee for $4 - $5, you'll still be ahead than buying them individually.
If I were HB, I'd put them in separate bundles as BTA for a headerliner game.

...but I don't feel HIB has much consistency in their decisions.

You're not very good at math either.
I don't see how buying now is cheaper than buying two HiBs. Current cheapest price on Dust is $7.49 and Guacamelee at $3.75. And if by the chance both games are in the same HiB, definitely cheaper to buy a bundle.

That being said, I already have Dust and Guacamelee seems well worth $3.75, so i'm buying the latter now.

Dust will hit $3.75 again very shortly.  I highly recommend it (100%ed it even).  It was created with a lot of love.

I just realised that I bought from all 3 Humble subpages this week...Humble PC & Android Bundle 8, Humble Weekly Puppy Games Bundle and Guacamelee from Humble Store. 

I am not sure if Guacamelee will get bundled soon, but their earlier game Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack which was released more than a year ago, has not appeared in any bundle yet. Maybe that will get bundled first before Guacamelee.

Now who wants some awesomesauce for Christmas ?

guacamelee.jpg

^_^ Same.  Though it was my first time actually buying from the humble store (versus the embedded HB store in on dev's pages).

For all the fear of Games X, Y & Z will be bundled... the humble bundles haven't usually been that exciting lately.  Also some games I'd rather pay a small amount for now then wait, and wait, and hope for their bundle.

^_^ Same. Though it was my first time actually buying from the humble store (versus the embedded HB store in on dev's pages).

For all the fear of Games X, Y & Z will be bundled... the humble bundles haven't usually been that exciting lately. Also some games I'd rather pay a small amount for now then wait, and wait, and hope for their bundle.
But it's not like you're going to play them before they actually are bundled. Or after.

So does anyone want Hero Academy? I'm giving away my copy since the dev won't add hats to his game for bundle purchasers.

But it's not like you're going to play them before they actually are bundled. Or after.
Hey, now, I played a bit of Guacamelee (sp?) last night. I have little doubt that I'll finish it soon.

...yeah I only dollar'd HIB A8 for AAAAaaAAaAaAaaaaaAAaaaaAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAA and to lock in my BTA in case it the addition makes me care.

Puppy Games I dimed... I need to check out the DRM-Free versions of arcade shooters so see if I want to pony up another $2.70 to have them on steam.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, there is a source code unlock for all the games in the Puppy Game bundle if that bundle nets at least $150K. I'm not even close to having the skills necessary to use those source codes for anything. So this unlock is a meaningless bonus for me. But out of curiosity, in the simplest terms possible, what sort of things could a talented individual do with these source codes?

I'm trying to understand why such an unlock would even appeal to anybody.

I noticed but I haven't looked into it honestly.

Do you remember the ensuing fiasco after Lugaru's source code was GPL'd as part of HIB #1? (IIRC, the art wasn't.) I think that'd provide a decent example (positive and negative).

So just in case anyone cares, there are cards for all four Puppy games and they're all relatively valuable at the moment. Selling them either got me really close or just over the amount I paid for the bundle.

So just in case anyone cares, there are cards for all four Puppy games and they're all relatively valuable at the moment. Selling them either got me really close or just over the amount I paid for the bundle.
I don't get it - why do people pay so much for cards when they can just buy the games to begin with and idle them themselves (or even actually play them, if you can imagine that...)? Who *are* these people?

I don't get it - why do people pay so much for cards when they can just buy the games to begin with and idle them themselves (or even actually play them, if you can imagine that...)? Who *are* these people?
Rich people who can afford to pay you to do the grunt work.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, there is a source code unlock for all the games in the Puppy Game bundle if that bundle nets at least $150K. I'm not even close to having the skills necessary to use those source codes for anything. So this unlock is a meaningless bonus for me. But out of curiosity, in the simplest terms possible, what sort of things could a talented individual do with these source codes?

I'm trying to understand why such an unlock would even appeal to anybody.
Potential bug fixes, additional content, mod support... and an opportunity to learn how the dev coded the games, effects, and so on.

Like Ashes said... after what happened with Lugaru, I'd be hesitant to release the source code for anything.

People that buy them are crafting, obviously, and you only get a portion of the required cards unless you're lucky enough to get a booster pack.

If you're a fan of clever social commentary I'd give Little Inferno a look. It's repetitive and lacking in certain areas, but it is worth one playthrough (or two if you mess up the first time)

People that buy them are crafting, obviously, and you only get a portion of the required cards unless you're lucky enough to get a booster pack.
OK, that makes some sense, thanks - I guess I don't know how the card drops work since I never bothered with the whole thing. The only Steam game I'm playing these days is Pinball, which doesn't have cards.

OK, that makes some sense, thanks - I guess I don't know how the card drops work since I never bothered with the whole thing. The only Steam game I'm playing these days is Pinball, which doesn't have cards.
FYI - if you've been voting in the Steam sale then you've got as many as two snowglobe cards in your inventory. Why not throw them into the marketplace and you might even be able to pick up some pinball DLC for free by the end of the sale?

FYI - if you've been voting in the Steam sale then you've got as many as two snowglobe cards in your inventory. Why not throw them into the marketplace and you might even be able to pick up some pinball DLC for free by the end of the sale?
I'd rather have snowglobe-pinball dlc. :lol:

Edit: Also no sale on Pinball Arcade is disappointing.

bread's done
Back