Humble Bundle Thread

I would probably get in on that. Since there doesn't seem to actually be any way to get episode 3&4 without buying the whole $30 package.
http://store.postudios.com/collections/games

It's $15 for ep. 3 & 4 pack and for sure will be bundled without ep. 1 & 2 several times in future. After then they will bundle all 4 episodes. They seem to be really desperate with the bundles, so I guess it will end on 'Build your Cognition' bundle with under Groupees.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's $15 for ep. 3 & 4 pack and for sure will be bundled without ep. 1 & 2 several times in future.
I don't know, they seem to keep continuing to bundle 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4 which is really crafty on their part really. I'm still not convinced they'll do a cheap full bundle any time soon. Why would they when they can try to get people to buy the last parts of it at a higher price point once they've already gotten into it.

Yeah, keeping 1 ans 2 in bundles is a great way to sell 3 and 4.  I doubt they'll stop that any time soon, at least until episode 5-8 are out.

Why would they when they can try to get people to buy the last parts of it at a higher price point once they've already gotten into it.
I think the most of people, who has 100+ games on Steam won't even think about launching it for more than card drops until they get all 4 episodes. Why waste time on something you can't complete while you have so many games to play in backlog?

The list:

Quick plays:
Dear Esther
To the Moon
Walking Dead 400 Days
Walking Dead Season 2
Midnight Mysteries
Pinball FX2

Games to check out:

Guacamelee
Spelunky
Valdis Story
Dust
Brothers
Eryi's Action
Reaxxion
Revenge of the Titans
Shelter
Electronic Super Joy
Fez
The Cave
You should add Brothers to your Quick plays list. It's short (maybe 2.5 hours) and it's awesome.

Also, Spelunky will steal your soul and all of your free time - you've been warned!

I would probably get in on that. Since there doesn't seem to actually be any way to get episode 3&4 without buying the whole $30 package.

It's $15 for ep. 3 & 4 pack and for sure will be bundled without ep. 1 & 2 several times in future. After then they will bundle all 4 episodes. They seem to be really desperate with the bundles, so I guess it will end on 'Build your Cognition' bundle with under Groupees.
You can also buy 3&4 individually from some sites (rain, gamefly) and just 3 from a few more (GMG, shinyloot) which regularly have sales.

You should add Brothers to your Quick plays list. It's short (maybe 2.5 hours) and it's awesome.

Also, Spelunky will steal your soul and all of your free time - you've been warned!
Awesome. Moved Brothers and will wait on Spelunky. FTL and Rogue Legacy ate up a lot of my time this year. Thanks for the recs!

so to sum up the last few pages

we collect games as a form of retirement insurance so when we're old and crusty, and the only things left that work are our thumbs, we'll have something to do.

also, collecting games is competing with your peers on CAG, everyone wants to have the biggest digital cock. lol

so, by the logic of the last few pages, cheaplikeafox should change his name to cheaplikeabluewhale

This post approved and endorsed by Countess Burgula.

Bought the bundle yesterday - didn't HIB have a downloader/installer program similar to the GOG downloader to just click on the files and the downloader would take over? I don't see it anymore, it just has direct links. Anyone know if they still have that avaialble? Thanks.

Bought the bundle yesterday - didn't HIB have a downloader/installer program similar to the GOG downloader to just click on the files and the downloader would take over? I don't see it anymore, it just has direct links. Anyone know if they still have that avaialble? Thanks.
They never had something like that for PC. Maybe you're thinking of their Android app or Desura (IndieRoyale.)

They never had something like that for PC. Maybe you're thinking of their Android app or Desura (IndieRoyale.)
Yeah, maybe I'm confused. I thought they had a simple downloader at one point or maybe I am thinking of the app. That's probably what I'm thinking of since I've downloaded the Android bundle on there. Thanks. :p

Price is 5.44. Think it will go any lower? I'm now just buying for the bonus games. If it will go higher, best to buy now.

finally caved at $5.50 and gave all of it to the Joe Danger guys because No Man's Sky is gonna rock, y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s
Elite Dangerous, Star citizen, and now no Man's Sky. I love that space sims are coming back.

Price is 5.44. Think it will go any lower? I'm now just buying for the bonus games. If it will go higher, best to buy now.
It's been at that for the last 1-2 hour, probably will drop a couple of cents.

I'm waiting till tomorrow weekly sale to buy both at same time, even then I think it will drop by 3 cent,

The easiest way to do that is to add the all the torrent-links to your favorite BT-client (like Transmission). Maybe you're thinking the HIB Android App?

Just picked up, all the money to joe danger guys to help with the flooding (and to hopefully see their new space game released).

whelp... that's a pass (own it all... from HIB)

Edit: and the $6 BTA is stupid again, heck even the $1 level is kinda weak.

They have a game in the $6 tier that was literally given away for free during that summer seal event.

Pretty sure all but jack claw have been bundled 3+ times.

Bought the last bundle at the $1 level, pass completely on this one as I already own Trine 1 & 2. Still kicking myself for forgetting to purchase the Zen Pinball bundle a while back.

So I don't have either Shadowgrounds game but I do have both Trines. Are the Shadowgrounds games any good? They look cool enough. But it seems like I'd be better off waiting to grab them on sale sometime instead of paying $6 now.

I almost bought Shadowgrounds last week for 60¢. I guess this is better? I don't have Trine.
Do you have Trine 2? Because it's much better than Trine 1. The first game is worth playing, but it wouldn't make sense to not own Trine 2 if you want Trine 1.. I think the $6 tier on this is way overpriced, try to get them off of a trader if you don't have the upper tier games.

As for Shadowgrounds, I haven't gotten to them yet, I think it's probably worth a dollar though.. but they were given away for free in the past.

So I don't have either Shadowgrounds game but I do have both Trines. Are the Shadowgrounds games any good? They look cool enough. But it seems like I'd be better off waiting to grab them on sale sometime instead of paying $6 now.
They've been good well behaved games in my backlog, not causing trouble or whining for attention. ;)

Do you have Trine 2? Because it's much better than Trine 1. The first game is worth playing, but it wouldn't make sense to not own Trine 2 if you want Trine 1.. I think the $6 tier on this is way overpriced, try to get them off of a trader if you don't have the upper tier games.As for Shadowgrounds, I haven't gotten to them yet, I think it's probably worth a dollar though.. but they were given away for free in the past.
Of this bundle, I only have Trine 2 Complete. I might go in for $1. Or 10¢, but that seems kinda sad to go THAT low, plus no Steam updates.

I already bought a Frozenbyte Bundle ages ago.  Before Weekly sales were a thing.  I'm also sure that I saw Trine 2 on the Steam sales a week or two ago for $1.

This bundle is just plain depressing.

I only own Trine 2 from when it was in the $1 tier of the other HB.  But I somehow missed the first Frozenbyte bundle that had Trine 1. 

Now to see if Legend of Grimrock will pop up again...I regret missing that one because it looks fun.

This is what happens when Mooby jinxes everything!
image.png

I can kind of understand them rebundling the same crap.. but Jack Claw, really? Why bundle a prototype twice? That really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

bread's done
Back