Humble Bundle Thread

Yes?

Aren't they both the same?
I don't know. I know that sometimes free stuff isn't attached to your account, I've had free stuff not carry over when installing Steam on a new PC, if the Humble Bundle will let me permanently add it to my library it's a lot more appealing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
true, but thanks to cag and 3rd party sellers, we've all been able to get non-bundled games at decent prices. for example, the TR glitch. i got like 8 TR games for some ridiculous amount. i'm probably never going to play them, but they look nice in my library. and right now gmg has DSII for about $1.31 after coupon. i love arpg's so i'd much rather play that than indie platformer #875453748
$1.31? Too rich for my blood. You think I'm made of money or something?! I read that they ruined DSII multiplayer and never ported the expansion to Steam. I don't remember if I own it, but the Steam version is supposedly the worst.

I don't know. I know that sometimes free stuff isn't attached to your account, I've had free stuff not carry over when installing Steam on a new PC, if the Humble Bundle will let me permanently add it to my library it's a lot more appealing to me.
I'm not sure what free stuff you're talking about, but anything free I've had has been overly permanent. (Such as high-res texture packs that you have to request be removed from your account.)

I'm not sure what free stuff you're talking about, but anything free I've had has been overly permanent. (Such as high-res texture packs that you have to request be removed from your account.)
Well it wasn't a huge loss, but just off the top of my head the Dragon Age Character Creator is no longer in my library. And since it's no longer on Steam either I can't get it back.

There is no need to use the redeem link from the Humble Bundle site, the free DayZ Mod from the steam store is using complimentary acquisition method so it will attach to your account permanently.

Well it wasn't a huge loss, but just off the top of my head the Dragon Age Character Creator is no longer in my library. And since it's no longer on Steam either I can't get it back.
Gaben giveth and Gaben taketh away whenever he shaq-fu'ing feels like it.

And yes, any "free" games can be removed from your account whenever Valve or the publisher feels like it. It's like the "play game X free for this weekend" promotions.

I guess he is referring to some free mods like Play No More Room in Hell which will not be attached to your account after you uninstalled it.

The best way is to check the licenses and subscriptions under your account details, if it is not listed then it is not permanently attached to the account.

Ok sorry on a phone & I'm a PC novice so is this the current cheapest way to get Day Z?
I think you should figure out if you want the mod or the standalone version that was just released in Early Access on Steam. They are not the same.

The one in this bundle is the one that people went batshit insane over for the last couple of years. The plan for that was always to move to standalone, which is now available.

Standalone = future
Mod = past

I think you should figure out if you want the mod or the standalone version that was just released in Early Access on Steam. They are not the same.

The one in this bundle is the one that people went batshit insane over for the last couple of years. The plan for that was always to move to standalone, which is now available.

Standalone = future
Mod = past
I would say get the mod now for $6 and then wait for a sale on the standalone down the line ($7.50 or so).

The mod is still modable even more and has an active community. Standalone doesn't allow mods (or didn't, maybe it changed).

$1.31? Too rich for my blood. You think I'm made of money or something?! I read that they ruined DSII multiplayer and never ported the expansion to Steam. I don't remember if I own it, but the Steam version is supposedly the worst.
My blood can handle quite a bit of richness but I'm still trying to figure out which DS game this particular DS is referring to.

I only played this as a retail "gold" version; the biggest problem with it IMO was that the end-boss was so tough and you kept dying and running back across what felt like half of the game world to get back to him. I eventually gave up. It's a pity because it was a great improvement over the gameplay of DS 1.

I guess I'm the only one who got more excited about ARMA Tactics than anything else...?

I know the reviews suck but I love the turn based tactical games.
Arma Tactics is broken piece of shit. Can't even complete tutorial. (Can't heal). How this shit gets out?

Everything else is locked too.
This is what I've read. It also doesn't seem like BI has put out any patches for the numerous reported issues in a while so I think we should take its appearance in this bundle to indicate that support for it is officially dead.

On the whole I was surprised and pleased with this weekly. It explains BI's recent fire sales (80% off) on its older titles, which I resisted, so I have none of these items (except a vanilla, non-Steam ArmA II I got for free from GMG).

Been trying the Carrier Command Demo. The concept is good (I never played the original game), but I find too difficult to let my units move on their own, I have to always enter the vehicles and is very difficult that way. Maybe the game is not for me 

Ok, I've played  Carrier command demo again and I'm beginning to enjoy the game. Anyone tried the full game and can tell me if it's playable after the patches?

Just finished To the Moon from HIBX.  Not so much a game as an interactive story - but highly enjoyable.  Well worth my time for the compelling story.

Free to whoever wants them, who thinks they would play them.

Don't have much free time to go through a huge backlog of games, so they're for anyone to enjoy. Just respond with which are redeemed so someone else knows.

Papa & Yo

Reus

Surgeon Simulator 2013

HOARD

Strike Suit Zero

Toki Tori 2+

Don't have much free time to go through a huge backlog of games, so they're for anyone to enjoy. Just respond with which are redeemed so someone else knows.

Papa & Yo

Reus

Surgeon Simulator 2013

HOARD

Strike Suit Zero

Toki Tori 2+

Got Toki Tori 2 thanks!

Don't have much free time to go through a huge backlog of games, so they're for anyone to enjoy. Just respond with which are redeemed so someone else knows.

Papa & Yo

Reus

Surgeon Simulator 2013

HOARD

Strike Suit Zero

Toki Tori 2+

Thanks for Papo & Yo. :D

Papa & Yo

Reus

Surgeon Simulator 2013

HOARD

Strike Suit Zero

Toki Tori 2+
Thanks. I picked up reus. Been wanting to try it

I think any form of digital key lifting is spodering...but only if you say you took it

if you just take that shit and don't post you did that is just being a douchelord
douchelord21.jpg
douchelord.png

Wow, I think that's the first time and a long time that all codes got a thank you... :D

Pretty awesome in my book.

Yes, and the state of Rhode Island is too dumb to put it on sale sell the IP do anything with the damn game.

bread's done
Back