Humble Bundle Thread

The second tier looked stupid considering that Civ V Gold upgrade was being sold for $5 during every sale... but 2K has removed that from the store. :nottalking:

The second tier looked stupid considering that Civ V Gold upgrade was being sold for $5 during every sale... but 2K has removed that from the store. :nottalking:
A Humble Bundle game being sold without most DLC? That's totally the first time that's happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... interested in Civ III and IV but that's about it.  Not sure if it's worth it since I already have Ace Patrol.

How good are the previous Civ games?  I've only played Civ V and Civ Rev.

jesus, that Civ IV complete gives you 8 separate entries. library padders across the globe rejoice :)
Wow, that's ridiculous. I actually have this
M8gachZ.png

so I don't really need the older Civ games on Steam, but I'm in for Railroads and the Ace Patrol expansion.

<cough> hoarder </cough>

I think you're stressing too much over a dollar. Civ IV is very well regarded.
True... but isn't that what CAGs do? :)

I remember reading somewhere that Civ IV is favored by some over Civ V. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm interested in trying it out, but what are the pros/cons between the two games?

Love Civ v, so i bought the $1 tier. I don't know if i should activate the ace patrol games though. They don't appeal to me really.

[quote name="asheskitty" post="11500229" timestamp="1391544641"]I think you're stressing too much over a dollar. Civ IV is very well regarded.[/quote]

In fact, many players consider it the bestest Civ.

True... but isn't that what CAGs do? :)

I remember reading somewhere that Civ IV is favored by some over Civ V. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm interested in trying it out, but what are the pros/cons between the two games?
And sometimes we need to be reminded that we're overthinking it. ;)

However this conversation just took a turn for the MysterD.

I think you're stressing too much over a dollar. Civ IV is very well regarded.
Lest we forget, narration provided by

Uec7SC6.png

That's got to be worth at least $0.75 by itself.

FWIW, many Civvies think IV >>> V. I haven't asked my brother but his Steam copy of V is broken since he got the G&K expansion.

In fact, many players consider it the bestest Civ.
Agreed. I just try to steer clear of statements that invite rebuttal. If I said Civ IV Complete is the best Civ game. I'd get unwanted debate. However by merely stating that Civ IV is well regarded serves to highlight that it is good without being as inviting to Ohnononono.

I've heard people say Civ IV > Civ V, but I've also heard people say that their opinions have changed now that Gods & Kings and Brave New World are out (which fixed/enhanced the game greatly).

Civ III and IV were great, played them a ton. I never had the DLCs though. Civ V is also great but requires a change in tactics from III and IV due to removing the ability to stack units in a single square.

To me it was a welcome change to freshen up the series, others seemed to be unwilling to adapt.

Agreed. I just try to steer clear of statements that invite rebuttal. If I said Civ IV Complete is the best Civ game. I'd get unwanted debate. However by merely stating that Civ IV is well regarded serves to highlight that it is good without being as inviting to Ohnononono.
Not you too!! For the record I thought you're a kitty not an alien squirrel thing.

I've heard people say Civ IV > Civ V, but I've also heard people say that their opinions have changed now that Gods & Kings and Brave New World are out (which fixed/enhanced the game greatly).
Since G&K and BNW came out I rated Civ V on par with Civ IV. I also like the 1 unit per tile in Civ V.

Regarding the bundle, I'm surprised they didn't include the gold edition there and also the soundtracks! I will buy the $5 bta if there are soundtracks for Civ 3,4,and 5.

Also, at least they have a diff charity in this one.

Typically I'm all in with HB, but lately I can't justify (especially this one because of steams 5 dollar upgrade I bought after the 15 dollar CE) to drop max just to get Civ V BNW, I'm only missing Civ IV, the Ace Patrol games, and railroads

Not you too!! For the record I thought you're a kitty not an alien squirrel thing.

Since G&K and BNW came out I rated Civ V on par with Civ IV. I also like the 1 unit per tile in Civ V.

Regarding the bundle, I'm surprised they didn't include the gold edition there and also the soundtracks! I will buy the $5 bta if there are soundtracks for Civ 3,4,and 5.

Also, at least they have a diff charity in this one.
Civ V does include the soundtrack.

Grumble grumble ace patrol grumble grumble grumble...

I really only need Railroads and can't imagine what else they could add that would make me BTA.

Civ III and IV were great, played them a ton. I never had the DLCs though. Civ V is also great but requires a change in tactics from III and IV due to removing the ability to stack units in a single square.

To me it was a welcome change to freshen up the series, others seemed to be unwilling to adapt.
It's not a matter of adapting or not. It's a change that, yes, can freshen up some gameplay aspects, but also leads to some gamey situations that can get annoying. It also, undoubtedly, is a lighter and easier game in terms of both strategy and tactics when compared to Civ IV (and perhaps Civ III and II as well.) That isn't necessarily a negative.

With the Weekly + Civ bundle I count 16 games for $21.01.

I wonder how many hours of gameplay that all adds up to be if you wanted to 100% this stuff. 2000 hours or so?

And not one Linux game in the bunch. SMH.

with all these new clickables for Civ 4 now in my steam list, will I need to launch each one separately to play that expansion or will launching the main title have all of it inside?

You say this now... but in the future you'll be asking yourself wtf didn't I pick them up then for $1.
doubt it. i only buy games that i have an interest in playing. seeing as how civ 5 isn't a game i see myself touching anytime soon, i don't see when i'll ever get the desire to play 3 or 4. if bnw was in the plain upper tier, not 15 dollars, i'd be in

edit: but then again...that's alotta games for a buck.

bread's done
Back